Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

38 minutes ago, old_painless said:

If there are minimum requirements as for the Windows pagefile, BI should state that - along with how to check and possibly change it. I am not on Dev branch, so I don't know if there is a readme included with the 64 bit exe?

I don't know the minimum required, but you won't have any problems if you have never touched the Windows defaults. Some people disable it completely, thinking it helps with something, but many programs rely on its existence.

12 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

I don't know the minimum required, but you won't have any problems if you have never touched the Windows defaults. Some people disable it completely, thinking it helps with something, but many programs rely on its existence.

Actually if you've SSD there's possibility that people set too little or no page file, because it's suggested default for SSD. At least Samsung recommended something like 400MB/2GB.

3 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

Actually if you've SSD there's possibility that people set too little or no page file, because it's suggested default for SSD. At least Samsung recommended something like 400MB/2GB.

That's true, however, they only recommend that if you want to squeeze more lifetime out of the SSD. For the best performance, they still recommend to leave Windows to do it's thing with pagefile.

Yes my page file is set to 2GB maximum becuase it's an SSD and it's not needed for any other application. Increasing it is not a proper solution, but a workaround. Windows and Arma should be able to utilize the free RAM, instead of disk space. 
Just an observation to take into consideration. Also the problem might just be on my side.

On 24/12/2016 at 11:13 AM, b0s said:

Yes my page file is set to 2GB maximum becuase it's an SSD and it's not needed for any other application. Increasing it is not a proper solution, but a workaround. Windows and Arma should be able to utilize the free RAM, instead of disk space. 
Just an observation to take into consideration. Also the problem might just be on my side.

In an ideal world, yes, but Windows and most software require it regardless and I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

On 12/22/2016 at 6:19 PM, dwarden said:

as you may know, this week latest profiling branch performance binaries got support for hugepages :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-166-performance-binary-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=3130011

logically the 64-bit binaries will benefit the most

thus it's time for small xmas surprise for those who testing 64-bit and DEV branch

meet the performance binaries for DEV branch :

I am definitely crashing now with the NEWER 64 bit performance build. I double checked and windows has set a dynamic swap file on my C: SSD drive. With windows booted up fresh, the swap file was very low ~ 400-500 MB. It grew to 2 GB with ARMA 64 running then crashed out. I can mitigate this by removing some mods... such as TPW_MOD.

Noticed TPW_MOD for some reason would crash out earlier in ARMA 64 and when removed would only delay it. Note that air, civs, parked cars, cars and skirmish were OFF at the time of testing. I thought it was weather conflict related - TPW rain and fog were on while playing this snow mission:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823710566&searchtext=santa

But as I progressed after engaging the first 5-6 OpFor, the game crashed out with a memory error.

This with BOTH HUGEPAGE enabled and disabled.

I have 32 GB of ram... for God's sake, let the game use it or maybe Windows 7 64 is just an idiot OS and has security issues from the old Windows 3.11 days with low RAM.

I will try to go back to the current 1.67 DEV exe and dlls since I have those backed up and see if it repeats itself.

Is nobody else experiencing flickering assets like I am? I cant use 64bit at all because trees etc keep flashing constantly...

I don't have flashing trees but my models do LOD switching since I have objects on standard or low.

If you have a modern GPU with lots of VRAM 4 GB or more, set it to ultra and increase your view distance. It should improve.

It seems that the vast majority of servers don't allow you to connect when you use the 64 bit client. Will there be a fix for this soon? I'm tried of my game  (32 bit) always crashing when it reaches 3.2 gigs of system ram and I want to see if the 64 bit build fixes that. None of the servers I play on let me play with 64 bit.

20 hours ago, ozzeh said:

Parece que la gran mayoría de los servidores no permiten la conexión cuando se utiliza el cliente de 64 bits. ¿Habrá una solución para este pronto? Estoy intentado de mi juego (32 bits) siempre estrellarse cuando alcanza 3,2 gigas de RAM del sistema y quiero ver si el bit build 64 corrige eso. Ninguno de los servidores que juego en me deja jugar con 64 bits.

The game crashes in single player and in multi

3 hours ago, SEAL87 said:

The game crashes in single player and in multi

That's not nearly enough information for anyone to help and assist you mate.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, road runner said:

Eso no es información suficiente para que cualquiera pueda ayudar y asistir a que aparearse.

It was only a comment citing another user, nothing more, when I have some serious doubts I will explain it well

On 12/26/2016 at 6:46 AM, Valken said:

I don't have flashing trees but my models do LOD switching since I have objects on standard or low.

If you have a modern GPU with lots of VRAM 4 GB or more, set it to ultra and increase your view distance. It should improve.

I'm running a GTX980 and have everything on Ultra. View distance 3000. I dont get it-it is totally unplayable in this state. It's not distant LOD's or anything-I mean it is trees and grass right in front of me flickering like a strobe light.Even the sky flashes subtly as I move-it's really awful :D. I'll try to upload a video in the next day or two..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SEAL87 said:

It was only a comment citing another user, nothing more, when I have some serious doubts I will explain it well

Okay, I've been following your posts and there's obviously a lost in translation issue here, but you're posting cryptic posts, that may or may not be from you.

1 hour ago, road runner said:

Bueno, he estado siguiendo sus mensajes y obviamente hay una perdida en cuestión de traducción aquí, pero usted está enviando mensajes crípticos, que pueden o no pueden ser de usted.

They are mine in my handwriting, I use a translator, And that makes you think that "I send encrypted messages and it's not me" ??, I only use a translator and I am in this forum as a client who paid for his copy of ARMA 3

24 minutes ago, SEAL87 said:

They are mine in my handwriting, I use a translator

None of your posts where you are having issues are helping anyone trying to assist you.

What are your computer specs, are you using dev build, what mods are you running etc.

You cannot just say your game crashes without any other explanation, it doesn't help you, and it leaves anyone wanting to help with zero information to go on.

Can one of the Spanish speaking forum members explain that to help, we need more info, in PM please. thanks

20 hours ago, road runner said:

None of your posts where you are having issues are helping anyone trying to assist you.

What are your computer specs, are you using dev build, what mods are you running etc.

You cannot just say your game crashes without any other explanation, it doesn't help you, and it leaves anyone wanting to help with zero information to go on.

Can one of the Spanish speaking forum members explain that to help, we need more info, in PM please. thanks

I believe Seal may have been replying to ozzeh.  saying the crashing is happening on both single player and multiplayer.  Not actually talking about his own situation. 

On 26/12/2016 at 7:15 AM, ozzeh said:

It seems that the vast majority of servers don't allow you to connect when you use the 64 bit client. Will there be a fix for this soon? I'm tried of my game  (32 bit) always crashing when it reaches 3.2 gigs of system ram and I want to see if the 64 bit build fixes that. None of the servers I play on let me play with 64 bit.

Ozzeh you may not be aware of how this works.  But 64 bit is on the development branch of arma for testing. Therfore servers you normally play on won't be available as they're still back on the "stable branch". 

2 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

I believe Seal may have been replying to ozzeh.  saying the crashing is happening on both single player and multiplayer.  Not actually talking about his own situation. 

Ozzeh you may not be aware of how this works.  But 64 bit is on the development branch of arma for testing. Therfore servers you normally play on won't be available as they're still back on the "stable branch". 

Nah, he's been posting the same thing in different threads mate.

23 hours ago, SEAL87 said:

They are mine in my handwriting, I use a translator, And that makes you think that "I send encrypted messages and it's not me" ??, I only use a translator and I am in this forum as a client who paid for his copy of ARMA 3

Dude, I'm trying to help you, you're not helping yourself.

I'm getting this kernel error with dev branch FYI and arma won't launch

Stable is fine...

Untitled_zpsm4jbhzrt.png

"The procedure entry point  adddll directory could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll"

I've also been getting a steady drop in FPS when trying out the YAABM mission, it has dropped 15% since the first time I used it, same mods, as before, no change in the game settings apart from REDUCING distance to 3000 from 6000M.

Hello,

My configuration :

GTX 760

i7 4771

12Go Ram

I compared my fps on 32 bits and 64 bits version. I've played exacly on the same mission, on the same point of view.

FPS on 32 bits : 44

FPS on 64 bits : 102 OMG

That is normal ?

When I see your tests where you get 2-3 fps, I find my results stranges. I guarantee you this is the truth.

1483012783-6444.png

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheEvan59 said:

Hello,

My configuration :

GTX 760

i7 4771

12Go Ram

I compared my fps on 32 bits and 64 bits version. I've played exacly on the same mission, on the same point of view.

FPS on 32 bits : 44

FPS on 64 bits : 102 OMG

That is normal ?

When I see your tests where you get 2-3 fps, I find my results stranges. I guarantee you this is the truth.

1483012783-6444.png

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Hello Evan. can you post your parameter settings if any.