Old West - Wild West Map

joQykTSrbA4.jpg

Description:

Have you ever thought of playing actual western-type sandbox in ArmA III?
It could happen really soon. The 
Old West is the first mission-map for ArmA III, that is set up in the American Wild West.
It is made on Altis, though it doesn't look like one. It was remade with old west architecture to feel the entourage. 

And you know what is the most exciting thing here?
It's 100% vanilla.

Plot:
You're living in a harsh world of the American Old West.
The world 
is actually set up in Monument Valley, Arizona-Utah, USA. There is a lot of locations. Towns, villages, Native Americans tribes and etc. 
Towns are living, saloons, stores, churches, and other places are waiting for you to come (and spend some money, if you want).

Snapshots: 

https://imgur.com/a/3CuC6 (old)

https://imgur.com/gallery/TmphF9l (new)

Features:

• Big map
  • Western atmosphere
  • Ambient music script
  • Enterable stores and saloons
  • Many more...

Optional content:

Still in development. 
Approximate release date: very soon.

• Like 23

I see you have included dbo horse in the mod-does that work in A3 using it's A2 download?

I see you have included dbo horse in the mod-does that work in A3 using it's A2 download?

Yep, that was really surprising for me. But, I think I could remove it, really buggy, but still rideable. Maybe I'll give it to test to people, so they decide.

Yep, that was really surprising for me. But, I think I could remove it, really buggy, but still rideable. Maybe I'll give it to test to people, so they decide.

You might want to double check that....This is what it looks like for me in game. As funny as it looks, it's not so much a horse as an..eldritch abomination.

Xu9OEQa.jpg

• Like 6

You might want to double check that....This is what it looks like for me in game. As funny as it looks, it's not so much a horse an..eldritch abomination.

Xu9OEQa.jpg

Ha-ha :D  It's because it's using ArmA 2 textures, that aren't actually in game! But, these horses are setObjectTexture'able! I'm using ArmA 2 cow textures, so It's looks pretty much good. You can see it in my screenshot list above us!  ;)

It's a great idea and concept.....best of luck with it dude.......can't help thinking Westworld here, hell there is scope here to open it up to the whole of Altis and have "Old West" as the amusement park. Can't wait to try this out!

• Like 3

It's a great idea and concept.....best of luck with it dude.......can't help thinking Westworld here, hell there is scope here to open it up to the whole of Altis and have "Old West" as the amusement park. Can't wait to try this out!

Thank you! I want to finish it very soon, so you guys can enjoy this Western atmosphere! 

• Like 1

Any plans to add a "western style" soundscape to this...both ambient and musical would really make this immersive.

• Like 1

Any plans to add a "western style" soundscape to this...both ambient and musical would really make this immersive.

It's on my ToDo list! Going to add sounds like vultures, eagles, dogs, train and many more!

• Like 1

It's on my ToDo list! Going to add sounds like vultures, eagles, dogs, train and many more!

PM me if ya like a little help with that ^^......I have a few soundscapes i could polish up and share.  :)

• Like 1

PM me if ya like a little help with that ^^......I have a few soundscapes i could polish up and share.  :)

Of course I'll! Help is really needed!

Arma's been needing this for a long time. Already planning Ok Corral shootout with quickdraw mission.

http://imgur.com/a/WGOrm

Duels are on ToDo list too! Hard to realize, how to recreate this one, but with such a community we could achieve many things!

Wow badass, love the idea, would be a different and refreshing change of scene for Arma3, good luck with this man!

• Like 2

Wow badass, love the idea, would be a different and refreshing change of scene for Arma3, good luck with this man!

Thank you!

And by the way, here's a little present for you guys! A working saloon, where you can buy food and drinks!

P8QiFftLBtg.jpg

There are two of them, one big and one small (this one is small). You can take a rest in a big one (like a hotel!).

• Like 8

What you need now for the saloon is someone like an AI Civi playing some random old west tune on a old piano in the background like this:

That Saloon though is fantastic!

• Like 2

the quality is astounding!

/sarcasm

What to do, it's not about that! If there was anything better, I'd use it with pleasure! But, there ain't, at least for my knowledge  ;)

What you need now for the saloon is someone like an AI Civi playing some random old west tune on a old piano in the background like this:

That Saloon though is fantastic!

I'm planning on adding something like guitar or piano playing in places like this one! Don't worry!  :)