Ladies and gentlemen! Greet the town of Escalera - Mexican town, that is located on the north of the valley. It is extremely WIP, but you can get the idea :) 

Spoiler

h9AO8FAen9U.jpgzdLCX8Xulgk.jpgCXQ-BTNDpZo.jpgybgRUCXVGZ0.jpgDvqnLpfjW-w.jpgudK0k_-WqXM.jpgK5TVaKoEEPg.jpgqSQlQEo2EGY.jpgnAZXzkBT47c.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

After the long recovery from my birthday, I've managed to finish the town of Escalera :)

Spoiler

UjCQB-McyVw.jpgykhrAOBWEqw.jpg2Bv__dBmS8U.jpg9iZB_3qAzXg.jpgFSlhP4fLai8.jpgslwfshvSHy8.jpgRiYvAIm99v4.jpg8tIYXALlMYo.jpgOZZqnItX39I.jpgyv7s0FiBfwQ.jpgAJxdcYas0mc.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Beautiful work there mate!

Thank you! Appreciate it :)

• Thanks 1

Hey,

What a work you have done! This is absolutely amazing

If you launch this map, do you also plan on others to let them use your map to make missions?

Again, nice job!

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2018 at 11:20 AM, Far East Lieutenant said:

Hey,

What a work you have done! This is absolutely amazing

If you launch this map, do you also plan on others to let them use your map to make missions?

Again, nice job!

Firstly, thank you!

Yes, I do wish players would use the map for their purposes without even asking my permission, that's my policy :)

Now I'm really close to the release, I just have to do some small things like ranchos

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This looks perfect for a Western Inspired Ravage Mission.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

This looks perfect for a Western Inspired Ravage Mission.

Yep, and I hope it won't be that laggy (for me it's nice)

Hello there! Is this mod still WIP? Any release date you could probably share? I can't wait to see this project finally finished. It looks more than amazing. Great work! 🙂

I've been trying dbo horse mod and love it.  However, it has a problem when a unit dies while attached to horse, dead guy stays on horse and no one else can use the horse.  If you put the code below in your mission init.sqf file you can fix this.  So when guy dies while mounted on horse, he then detaches from horse and ragdolls.  Looks pretty good.  Quite fun to shoot a guy out of the saddle!

_n = [] spawn
{
	sleep 2;  // give time for mod stuff to initialize
	{
		_x removeAllEventHandlers "Killed";   
		_KilledEH = _x addEventHandler ["Killed", 
		{ 
			_unit = _this select 0; 
			    if !(isNull attachedTo _unit) then 
				{
					_unit switchMove "amovpsitmstpslowwrfldnon"; // low sitting animation so you don't see dude stand on horse before he ragdolls
					detach _unit;
					_xVel = selectRandom [-4,4];
					_unit setVelocityModelSpace [_xVel,0,-2]; // Push unit left or right so doesn't fall through horse.
				};
		}]; 
	} foreach allUnits;
};

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just solved another bad problem with DBO horses.  When you mount a horse player gets an action "Release UAV Controls".  If you choose this action, your character is frozen, and no controls work.  Your mission is now ruined, and you must exit.  To solve this, put the following code in your init.sqf.  When you are controlling horse, you are attached to horse and cameraOn = Horse object.  When you are in stuck condition, you are attached to horse but cameraOn = player.

Spoiler

// **********************************************************
// When player accidentally chooses  "Release UAV Controls" option,
// player no longer has control of his unit, and mission is ruined.
// The code below senses this condition and exits player from horse
// he can remount if he wants.  
// **********************************************************
_n = [] spawn
{
    sleep 5;
    while {true} do
    {
        sleep 2;
        if ((cameraOn == player) and (animationState player == "horse_rider") and !(isNull attachedTo player)) then
        {
            sleep 1;
            // We check same condition twice because these conditions are true for a split second when player
            // chooses "Get Off" action.  By waiting a bit, we know player is truly stuck.
            if ((cameraOn == player) and (animationState player == "horse_rider") and !(isNull attachedTo player)) then
            {
                sleep .5;
                _horse = attachedTo player;
                player switchMove "";
                detach player;
                player setVelocityModelSpace [-2,0,-2];
                removeAllActions _horse; // remove get off action then add get on action
                _hossmount = _horse addaction ["GetOn","\dbo\dbo_horses\scripts\horse_mount.sqf",nil,1.5,true,true,"","true",4,false,""];
                _horse setobjecttexture [0,"\dbo\dbo_horses\data\tack_co.paa"];
                _horse setobjecttexture [1,""];
            };
        };
    };
};

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

😀

20190301161039-1.jpg

I can sense a medieval combat mod coming soon XD

• Haha 1

Hey guys! Sorry for the long response, I was lazy after New Year's holidays. I can surely say that the map itself is kinda finished, the only thing is that some areas are just plain fields. I guess I'm gonna take some time to place some farms there and it will be done!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, Igor Nikolaev said:

Hey guys! Sorry for the long response, I was lazy after New Year's holidays. I can surely say that the map itself is kinda finished, the only thing is that some areas are just plain fields. I guess I'm gonna take some time to place some farms there and it will be done!

That sounds great! Are you going to release the mod after that? 🙂 Keep up the great work! Cheers!