These rocks look really life-like! :thumb:

I can, just from looking at the pics, already smell the scent of moss and mouldering leaves while pressing aginst one of these rocks seeking cover, sort of...

Keep up your great work!

• Like 2

Made some adjustments to the terrain - extended it greatly and extended river network too. 

This regions is heavily based on the Scottish highlands. 

as per

GS2Qmby.png

New region with Mask overlaid  _ In no way finished with this region, this is just to give you and idea 

xOCLZza.png

I7Cz8rh.png

Here you can see the river network, Ignoring the red sections as that is to be removed.

XTRuf7p.png

• Like 9

4 hours ago, DL++ said:

This regions is heavily based on the Scottish highlands. 

Sounds like the perfect place for survival gameplay.....i'll feel right at home here! 

Your doing a great job man. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Character selection test build 01. If anybody fancies donating or making some more faces please inbox me, would help take some of the work load off for sure. 

• Like 7

Hi all, I have made a website for No Cure to house everything under one roof with a dedicated forum for No Cure. Still a work in progress so there are some features that do not work and some buggy stuff but its a start. 

feel free to check it out and sign up :) 

No Cure webpage

@DL++ Is that a default running animation in ArmA 3 whilst you have a weapon in hands.

18 minutes ago, jsimo said:

@DL++ Is that a default running animation in ArmA 3 whilst you have a weapon in hands.

Sorry are you referring to the melee video ? 

8 hours ago, DL++ said:

Sorry are you referring to the melee video ? 

Indeed.

8 hours ago, jsimo said:

Indeed.

I believe so how ever that particular animation was made by @Rawner135. I will be replacing it with my own animations soon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DL++ said:

I believe so how ever that particular animation was made by @Rawner135. I will be replacing it with my own animations soon. 

Very nice animation, however, I look forward to seeing your own.

• Like 2

Some more rock models

6QxAnoF.png

ioSaFNc.png

• Like 4

So... 

Inventory overhaul begins. 

Still WIP but so far the character is rotatable and displays load out live and updates as and when you change gear / weapons. The inventory slots them selves still need to be moved and placed they are in no way in their final design positions. 

need to decide on background colour..... but the next stage is to position the slots to my design and then re apply drop down buttons on selected inventory items. as far as performance goes my inventory is aprox 0.0002 seconds slower than the vanilla inventory on load.

Stage 3 is to inherit and customise the task UI elements into the inventory so active and assigned task are displayed in the inventory screen also.

Stage 4 will be implementation of the survival stats icons and stats status into the inventory.

I will try and get a video of it all this weekend but for now here are 2 in game screen shots. 

f8Yke7S.jpg

gd4Wnbf.jpg

• Like 3

Inventory in action. Still some bits to tweak but almost there

• Like 7

Very cool indeed. I like the transparency of the inventory item slots.

Will the background environment be played out in realtime while in Inventory?

How is character rotation achieved?......same set-up as VA? 

Just checked out your other video about conversation camera effects....also very cool man.....I'm now officially a fanboi.  

• Like 2

:icon_dj:Sauce, the lot of your work!  :thumbsup:

I had a look at your Melee demo and I can only congratulate you to having realized, in this early state of development, a IMHO key feature.  Your system shows a believable physical behaviour of the Melee objects in the sense of "What can you do with it".  If I can butcher living beings and/or the undead with it, I expect the axe to also allow me to cut down trees.  Good job! 

And as ambitious as your project is, I hope you can muster the tenacity to continue work on it.  Thank you so much for your creativity and your dedication!!! :respekt:

• Like 5

@Evil Organ The background environment is real time yes its basically a front facing camera view of the player the background is what ever is behind the player in game if that make sense with a bit of a hack to blur/fade the background out. Its all a bit of a hack tbh but hey it works.

Rotation currently i son A,D key press while in inventory but im working on mouse interaction to achieve the rotation.

oh and .

.I'm now officially a fanboi..

ill make you a T-shirt xD xD xD !

@tourist Thank you for your kind words and yes you can chop down trees with the Axe, the melee system needs a lot more work as its buggy as hell but it will get there. Its difficult being a scripted system rather than a weapon config system but it means a lot more options are available via scripting as apposed to weapon config.

thank you and yes I aim to finish NC at some point... :) :thanx: 

• Like 3

Testing inventory at night and also testing rotation using A and D keys while the inventory is open. 

• Like 6

Looks great man!...but from the 20 second mark could sure use a little music:icon_biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ello! 

Apologies I've been absent for a few weeks, I needed to take a step back with modelling and re think / find my technique and learn how to really make rocks since making models is still very new to me. 

I am satisfied with the results I have so far so here is a few.. 

hNWihb8.png

UCeV4Kl.png

y0Rgi1C.jpg

HRJVwod.jpg

IovAt4Z.png

hWjVsOP.png

yANKlzG.png

And here is how they look in game put together (low poly.) 

ji42YFP.jpg

AYuaB2L.png

Now to make more! and learn Lod's!

ps- Thank you as always to @HorribleGoat for tutoring me along the way and continuously motivating me every time I raged quit over the past few weeks! .Cheers bro. 

:thumb:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

These already look great in-game, even in low-poly form. it's also nice to hear you have some good people around to pull you up when your down. Keep on keeping on mate!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2017 at 6:27 AM, DL++ said:

Ello! 

Apologies I've been absent for a few weeks, I needed to take a step back with modelling and re think / find my technique and learn how to really make rocks since making models is still very new to me. 

I am satisfied with the results I have so far so here is a few.. 

hNWihb8.png

UCeV4Kl.png

y0Rgi1C.jpg

HRJVwod.jpg

IovAt4Z.png

hWjVsOP.png

yANKlzG.png

And here is how they look in game put together (low poly.) 

ji42YFP.jpg

vH4WZaW.png

AYuaB2L.png

Now to make more! and learn Lod's!

ps- Thank you as always to @HorribleGoat for tutoring me along the way and continuously motivating me every time I raged quit over the past few weeks! .Cheers bro. 

:thumb:

Great work mate, keep it up!

• Like 1

SO I have started trees..... 

after some frustrations I think I understand it now. Here is my first attempt. Not finished and needs tweaks, might not even end up in game but for the sake of practice.. 

uDAkEyZ.png

7fgIDAI.png

HgSgcp3.png

tIX0F2X.png

7OW5lg9.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1