Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

Ok, I guess I'll kick start this up again.

This is a fun thread. biggrin.gif

EC81-14632.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 05 2002,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EC81-14632.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

a straight wing crooked after wanking too much? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Nov. 05 2002,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a straight wing crooked after wanking too much?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How obsene ban yourself immediatly!wink.gif

As for Mr. Fraggs pic, looks like an X-1 with two more engines added on.

the other name for the A20 Havoc was the Boston.

Try this:

Mystery1.jpg

EDC: Number 6 is a A-5 vigilante, a vietnam era nuclear bomber turned Photorecon smile.gif very fast but not fast to escape SA-2's.

You guys are going to have to dig around at NASA to find mine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 04 2002,12:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Halifax.<span id='postcolor'>

Easy, Eh?

Okay, try this one:

mystery2.jpg

First bomber of any nation to raid Berlin, Bomb load 4000lbs, agile and fast enough to dogfight Me110's AND score a couple of kills (though not carrying bombs at the time), eventually withdrawn early due to some serious disadvantages, the biggie being that the fuselage was too cramped to move around in; it was impossibe to reach injured aircrew in different parts of the aircraft. Still saw service as a torpedo bomber though.

Er... Did you park that?

From what's left of the cowling, I think its one of the P40 variants; Kittyhawk, Warhawk or Tomahawk.

LOL!

It may have been easy before it became a "unique fixer upper opportunity," but I I'm going to take a real long shot and say the remains of a P47D

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 05 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It may have been easy before it became a "unique fixer upper opportunity," but I I'm going to take a real long shot and say the remains of a P47D<span id='postcolor'>

You've been peeking at the pic's web site, haven't you, you naughty boy! tounge.gif

1. super etandard (sp)?

2. Rafael *edit* DOH of course it's a Saab, shouldave checked the markings....

3. An Electronic warfare variant of the C-130

4. Su-37

5. Alpha jet

Gonna go with:

1. Super Etenard

2. Saab Gripen

3. ?

4. Flanker

5. Alpha Jet

1. Super Etendard

2. Jas Gripen

3. ?

4.SU 35/37  (dont know which one.. succesor (?) to the SU27

5. Alpha Jet

EDIT tounge.gif lol 3 replys to the same one

Nope, number 5 it's not an Alpha Jet *hint* Spanish insignia, Spain doesn't use the Alpha Jet *hint*

And number 3 is not a c-130, it's a spanish made aircraft too.

Necromancer, they were right. It's a Su-37 (my favourite aircraft).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. An Electronic warfare variant of the C-130<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't that plane made by some Brazilian company (starts with an "E", I think)? confused.gif

#5 wouldn't be the MiG-AT would it? I know it looks similar to the Alpha, but doubt if Spain uses it.

*edit* Nope....it isnt