Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

Yes, number one is F-5, number 2 is B-1. No ones has number three, nor four yet.(though 4 is a french plane as Ex-Ronin said) And yes number 5 is a Mirage 2000

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Nov. 05 2002,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, number one is F-5, number 2 is B-1.  No ones has number three, nor four yet.(though 4 is a french plane as Ex-Ronin said) And yes number 5 is a Mirage 2000<span id='postcolor'>

Bullshit! Number 4 is a Kfir, and it is Israeli

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 05 2002,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bullshit! Number 4 is a Kfir!<span id='postcolor'>

No way, Mirage F1 smile.gif

No, number four is not a Kfir.  THe Kfir's wings are lower and the Kfir has a canard.  Heres a picture of a Kfir:

kfir_p1.jpg

edit:Yes its a Mirage F1

Now can anyone get number 3??  Hint:its somewhat of a new chopper

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 05 2002,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bullshit! Number 4 is a Kfir!<span id='postcolor'>

No way, Mirage F1 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

EDIT- yeah, I guess Im wrong

mad.gif

But that would make it a Mirage 5

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,01:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,09:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Col Kurtz, I forget what the plane is called, but I'm sure it was a Heinkel for some reason.....<span id='postcolor'>

Tovarish is the closest yet! Yes it is a Heinkel plane. Mostly used in the Estern and Mediteranian fronts, carried the Henschel Hs-239 'Glide Bomb', the first controled bomb to enter service.<span id='postcolor'>

Is it a Heinkel He 274? It was later flown by the French after Resistance forces managed to steal parts and plans smile.gif

EDIT: And it carried HS-293 Missiles wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,01:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok Tovarish, is it a Douglass Devastator? Turret dosnt look right but.....<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, it's a Soviet design, and it's not a Yak or an ilushin (But it is a design group that is still around today, making ground attack AC and fighters)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,02:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok Tex, what's this? biggrin.gif

kfir-c7.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

See above smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 05 2002,10:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it a Heinkel He 274? It was later flown by the French after Resistance forces managed to steal parts and plans smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, but getting warmer. Its designation has three numbers, middle number seven.

The plane entered mass production in 1944, quite a few hundred were made, but most units that recieved the plane were disabandoned becuase of lack of fuel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 05 2002,10wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it a Heinkel He 274? It was later flown by the French after Resistance forces managed to steal parts and plans smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, but getting warmer. Its designation has three numbers, middle number seven.

The plane entered mass production in 1944, quite a few hundred were made, but most units that recieved the plane were disabandoned becuase of lack of fuel.<span id='postcolor'>

Then its the He-277!

Ex-Ronin wrong, but soo close I'll give the answer away(as you might have made a typo)

Its the Heinkel-177 'Greif'(Griffon) Heavy Bomber

Tovarish, your plane is the Su-2.

Im sorry, I kind of cheated, I went to he website that you got the picture from and hunted down the serial code of the book to find what book it was from tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 05 2002,02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But that would make it a Mirage 5<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, Mirage 5 has the classic Delta wing, and the one in the pic dosen't. That makes it an F1 smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,02:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ex-Ronin wrong, but soo close I'll give the answer away(as you might have made a typo)

Its the Heinkel-177 'Greif'(Griffon) Heavy Bomber

Tovarish, your plane is the Su-2.

Im sorry, I kind of cheated, I went to he website that you got the picture from and hunted down the serial code of the book to find what book it was from tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Argh!

Nice pic smile.gif

Jeez! How many friggin Mirages does France need?? All they do is make sonic booms with them on Bastille Day confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,02:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tovarish, your plane is the Su-2.

Im sorry, I kind of cheated, I went to he website that you got the picture from and hunted down the serial code of the book to find what book it was from tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol s'ok, I know it's a bird most people never heard of tounge.gif. I'd vaguely heard of the He277, I just knew it was a Heinkel because I'd read somewhere about one with two props with two engines per prop...

ok, next one from me.

mig3_2.jpg

Someone answer this before Tex does, because I'm sure he knows this one wink.gif

It's a heinkel 117 "Grief," and a pretty good design aside from the fact that the coupled engines had a tendency to catch fire. Even so, the design may have seen service soon enough to be a significant weapon, if a cerain crazy paperhanger hadn't decided that all new designs had to be capable of dive bombing.

BTW, are you sure that's a Typhoon back there? Typhoon's cannon were visible on the leading edge of the wings, Tempests were fully concealed. Without putting the two side by side I'd say Tempest, regardless of what the image was labelled. Not making an issue of it, just an observation smile.gif

Mig 3 smile.gif

Good point about the Typhoon, now that you mention it I'm not sure confused.gif

Heres an easy one from me

http://www.cockpitmaster.com/do.jpg

I had to get this picture becuase all the others had the name of the plane on it........

Anyone who knows about the Luftwaffe will snap this one up fast!

edit: watch your pic sizes wink.gif

Sorry, didnt pickt hat one up........

#6.a5.jpg

#7.xb70.jpg

#8.mig19.jpg

#9.yak141a.jpg

#10.p_55a_1.jpg

Picture number three that I posted earlier is a MD Explorer which is an advanced helocopter that doesn't have a tail rotar.

correct....MiG-3.Good point Ex-Ronin

This one should be more challenging, and it is more widely known than the Su-2

110420028173480.jpg

Dornier 335 Pfiel. Weird, but worked.