Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

Col. Kurtz, Dornier Do-335. (I had to look at my CFS3 box for that.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 05 2002,10:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dornier 335 Pfiel. Weird, but worked.<span id='postcolor'>

Correct.

edc:

1. Not sure

2. Valkrie, forget the designation, but it was an X-plane, not too fair tounge.gif

3. Mig-19

4. Yak 141. Again just a prototype, not in service, and kind of unfair smile.gif

The last one really stumped me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">edc: F-5, b-1b, who cares about police choopers tounge.gif, Mirage F-1. , mirage 2000(link wasn't working for me before) Col Kurtz, I forget what the plane is called, but I'm sure it was a Heinkel for some reason.....

Here's my contribution:

oth053_4.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

The IL-2?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 05 2002,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The rules are the following: post 1 picture of a military aircraft. Keep the forum rules in mind (nothing explicit, image size less than 100kb etc.) though.<span id='postcolor'>

"...nothing explicit..."

I'd pay to see an explicit pic of a plane lol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 05 2002,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 05 2002,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The rules are the following: post 1 picture of a military aircraft. Keep the forum rules in mind (nothing explicit, image size less than 100kb etc.) though.<span id='postcolor'>

"...nothing explicit..."

I'd pay to see an explicit pic of a plane lol.<span id='postcolor'>

Well some nose art on WW2 planes had naked women on them, so thats obsene smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. Valkrie, forget the designation, but it was an X-plane, not too fair

<span id='postcolor'>

Correct

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. Mig-19<span id='postcolor'>

Correct

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4. Yak 141. Again just a prototype, not in service, and kind of unfair <span id='postcolor'>

Correct

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wodnerduck @ Nov. 05 2002,02:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The IL-2?<span id='postcolor'>

No way, The Il-2 had an inline engine, you can see that's a radial smile.gif. Dosen't look anything like it except that it's a 2 seater

My next one.

mb219_06.gif

Its a small picture, but the name of the picture shold give a small clue.

And that lzst plane EDC posted was the P-55A.

I don't want to "cheat" to find out for sure which one it is by using a search engine, but just from the radar antennae on the nose, I can tell it's a German Nightfighter. Looks like it's based on the fuselage of the Ju-88, but probably not.

*edit* I take it back. Looks more like an Me-110 derivative smile.gif

Yor right about it been a Night Fighter, but its not the Me-110 or Ju-88. It was the most advanced Night Fighter to go into service with the Luftwaffe in WW2, and was the only one to be able to give the Mosquito night-fighter a run for its money easily.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This one should be more challenging, and it is more widely known than the Su-2

110420028173480.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

*bump* any takers? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yor right about it been a Night Fighter, but its not the Me-110 or Ju-88. It was the most advanced Night Fighter to go into service with the Luftwaffe in WW2, and was the only one to be able to give the Mosquito night-fighter a run for its money easily.<span id='postcolor'>

In that case I'd wager it's based on the Dornier 17.

*edit* nevermind. I looked up the Do-17, the antennae are all wrong. Your Pic is an He-219 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your Pic is an He-219 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Correct:)

I will have a guess at your plane, the Pe-2?

11042002728584.jpg

You guys beleive that it is a Typhoon, I don't think so.  smile.gif

The Typhoon had 4 visible 20mm cannon that stuck out from the wings, the Tempest's were recesed into the wing, making that plane a Tempest. Also, note the D-Day markings under the wings, this photo was obviously taken after D-Day, when Tempests were more common.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yepp, a Typhoon <span id='postcolor'>

Tempest.

Tyler

Nope, good try, the forward fuselage is very similar and I knew someone would mention the Pe-2, but the Pe-2 has a twin-finned tail. You can see enough of the tail in that pic to see it's a single fin smile.gif. A hint: It had a smaller single engined brother who's nose and cockpit looked very similar.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope, good try, the forward fuselage is very similar and I knew someone would mention the Pe-2, but the Pe-2 has a twin-finned tail. You can see enough of the tail in that pic to see it's a single fin smile.gif. A hint: It had a smaller single engined brother who's nose and cockpit looked very similar.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, lets see if I can guess it without playing Il-2.....

Is it a Tupolev?

nope. *chuckle* you did mention the manufacturer in your post though smile.gif

*edit* BTW, I don't think it's in IL-2 at the moment, but it will be in Forgotten battles smile.gif

Ok, you say it was made by Pyetyakov?

That leaves the Pe-2(which you have pointed out it is not)

The Pe-3 and the Pe-4.

No I'm trying to say it was made by Illushin smile.gif (the older smaller brother being the Il-2)

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,11wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No I'm trying to say it was made by Illushin smile.gif (the older smaller brother being the Il-2)<span id='postcolor'>

Il-4? It has to be the Il-4!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,03:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,11wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No I'm trying to say it was made by Illushin <!--emo&smile.gif (the older smaller brother being the Il-2)<span id='postcolor'>

Il-4? It has to be the Il-4!<span id='postcolor'>

You've got it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok RAF fans heres one for you's!

280900t.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

The "Bucaneer" I keep forgetting the damn designations but I know their nicknames smile.gif. 1950's vintage jet bomber, some still used as lazer spotters