Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

The rules are the following: post 1 picture of a military aircraft. Keep the forum rules in mind (nothing explicit, image size less than 100kb etc.) though.

Then you must guess which aircraft it is.

I will kickstart this with the following:

110420026351933.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 05 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avro Lancaster<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, correct time era though smile.gif

B24 Liberator then. I was a bit torn, because I couldnt tell which, and with you being a Brit and all... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 05 2002,01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">B24 Liberator then. I was a bit torn, because I couldnt tell which, and with you being a Brit and all... smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its the B-24 Liberator indeed wink.gif

And I'm not a Brit, look at my sig please, hellooo confused.gifwink.giftounge.gif

Anyway, others are more than welcome to post their pictures too smile.gif

(i will post the next one in 10 mins time if there isnt another one smile.gif )

Wasn't the B-24 a 4-engine bird? I say it's a B-25 Mitchell smile.gif

*edit* nevermind, hard to see the inboard engines on that pic tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wasn't the B-24 a 4-engine bird? I say it's a B-25 Mitchell smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope. There are 4 engines on it, it is just a really low quality pic, and they are very close to the fuselage

Stupid me- I forgot the Lancaster didn't have tricycle landing gear. Consider me abashed. And go ahead and post the next one Ronin, Im just getting warmed up; I used to live and breath this stuff smile.gif before I found out about girls, of course tounge.gif

Heh, ok, you are abashed, officially wink.gif

Ok, here's the next one smile.gif

11042002728584.jpg

smile.gif

Its either the Hawker Typhoon or its spin-off, the Tempest.

Great Idea Ronin, this is a cool topic!smile.gif

Yepp, a Typhoon smile.gif

You can post pictures too, you know wink.gif

Until you do, though, here's the next:

Plane.jpgsmile.gif

My turn!

lrg0504.jpg

Just a hint for people posting pictures, make sure you check the name of the picture, it might give away the name of the plane!

*ahh, didnt see you posted another one Ronin*

Right, a poor guess but I say either B-17 or B-29.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My turn!

lrg0504.jpg

Just a hint for people posting pictures, make sure you check the name of the picture, it might give away the name of the plane!

*ahh, didnt see you posted another one Ronin*

Right, a poor guess but I say either B-17 or B-29.<span id='postcolor'>

Focke-Wulf Fw 200?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My turn!

Right, a poor guess but I say either B-17 or B-29.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, too many engines wink.gif

Ive seen that engine before Ronin... B26 Marauder, right?

I have no friggin idea what that other thing is lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 05 2002,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Focke-Wulf Fw 200?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope!

I'll give you a hint, it was plagued with engine troubles due to the fact it had four engines coupled to power two rotors and was named 'the flying cigeratte lighter' by the Luftwaffe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 05 2002,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ive seen that engine before Ronin... B26 Marauder, right?

I have no friggin idea what that other thing is lol<span id='postcolor'>

Correct smile.gif

Well, if you look closely, then you will see that his plane has German markings, so it has to be a German bomber smile.gif Looks more like a FW-200 than anything else to me smile.gif

Maybe its that secret bomber that managed to fly to New York confused.gif

1.F-5_Swiss_on_the_ground.JPG

2.Power.jpg

3.police-US-HB_Police_Dept.jpg

4.mirage_07.JPG

5.air-French-Mirage_2000B.jpg

Click here to see the answers

None of these are my pictures, I just got them off a couple of sites.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 05 2002,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe its that secret bomber that managed to fly to New York confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, it was actualy the only Heavy Bomber the Luftwaffe got into production in WW2, but lack of fuel and problems with the design stopped it from doing much good.

1. F5 Tigershark

2. B1-B Lancer

3. A highly modified Loach

4. A Kfir (highly modified Mirage)

5. Mirage-2000

edc: F-5, b-1b, who cares about police choopers tounge.gif, Mirage F-1. , mirage 2000(link wasn't working for me before) Col Kurtz, I forget what the plane is called, but I'm sure it was a Heinkel for some reason.....

Here's my contribution:

oth053_4.jpg

Kurtz, was it a Focke-Wulf Fw 191 ?

edc,

1) F-5 Tiger

2) Fearsome red cross tounge.gif

3) No idea

4) French plane methinks

5) Mirage 2000

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,09:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Col Kurtz, I forget what the plane is called, but I'm sure it was a Heinkel for some reason.....<span id='postcolor'>

Tovarish is the closest yet! Yes it is a Heinkel plane. Mostly used in the Estern and Mediteranian fronts, carried the Henschel Hs-239 'Glide Bomb', the first controled bomb to enter service.