acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

why is removed the frag effect from hand-grenades? this effect was so good...i miss it in the new version.

Should work fine.

Not an issue, it's a feature, you have to be far enough away to really use it properly.

Point the helicopter towards the target as well, you should get better results. Make sure you are far out as well.

Confirmed, AI doesn't do anything yet.

Unknown.

As you said, off-topic, go ask BI if you want official answers.

Thanks.

For the AA Titan, i have the basic lock system (with "T"), may be ACE team has not implemented the new guidance system for the AA launchers...

Are gasmasks already present in ACE3?

Could you tell me if there is gas in the first place? XD Pretty sure the answer on both of of our questions is no.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

why is removed the frag effect from hand-grenades? this effect was so good...i miss it in the new version.

IIRC it's a bug in in 3.1.1.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Thanks.

For the AA Titan, i have the basic lock system (with "T"), may be ACE team has not implemented the new guidance system for the AA launchers...

Titan AA has vanilla firing, AT has Javelin-like temporarily, because a real Javelin is not in yet.

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

No, but there are talks about it that you can find on GitHub.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Could you tell me if there is gas in the first place? XD Pretty sure the answer on both of of our questions is no.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Same as above.

Thanks to all for your hard work on ACE, you guys are awesome. Looking forward to every new version.

That said, our group had some big problems trying to play this last night with 4-5 people on coop, especially with the Titan/Javelin launchers. Mostly just wanted to make sure other people are aware of these, so they can steer clear for the moment, to avoid breaking their missions part way through like what happened to us :P

Issues:

2 of our players were unable to fire them, no matter what, even while fully zoomed in, thermal on, solid tone lock. After trying and failing to fire, they found that they couldn't fire any weapons, and had to quit and rejoin the server to fix this. I also had the missiles doing no damage to some vehicles, or on certain fire modes (top down or straight). Couldn't see a pattern, seemed random, but at one point I hit a Sochor (csat arty) tank with about 4 missiles, with no effect on the vehicle.

It also seemed to break Zeus remote control, attempting to zoom in and fire with the Titan/Javelin. The AI I was controlling jerked away from my control and started running without my being able to control him.

Lastly, I noticed that AI firing these seemed to fire them even faster than vanilla, and definitely much faster than should be able to, I don't think they take the lock on time into account, just put it up to the sights and fire.

In the Medical Settings module there are options for the "Medical Level" (of course) and "Medics Settings". As the documentation doesn't seem to go into much detail about that latter option, I'm curious if some combination of these and/or other settings may help us, as we're experiencing the following phenomena when trying Advanced Medical gameplay...

* A head shot of any sort permits field healing but revive is [near] impossible (unless PAK'd?).

* A leg shot of any sort permits field healing but the player is stuck moving very slowly afterwards (unless PAK'd?).

* Bruises/contusions cannot be bandaged.

While these all seem like reasonable/realistic consequences for these types of injuries, and can necessitate full use of the medical support roles, we're wondering if:

1) These are indeed actually intentional, by design, and not bugs.

...and...

2) Would a setting like "Medics Settings" and/or others may allow us to remove some of these more strict conditions for smaller ops while still benefiting from the immersion of Advanced Medical field treatment.

Best regards and thank you for your time,

- C

I know AI can't heal yet, but when they're knocked unconscious, are they also unable to stand back up after you heal them? Or how long does it take for them to get back up? (Basic Medical)

omg NBC warfare yes please!

My units will be ready

Is back blast currently disabled in version 3.1.1 ? Cause I've been testing back blast but there does not seem to be any (tanks do give over pressure however).

I'm asking because I can't find any ticket opened up on the tracker about it but I think I remember seeing somewhere that it might have been disabled, but now I'm starting to doubt myself and wanted to make sure :p.

Loving ACE3 so far, It'll be hard going back to vanilla.

I've hurt myself slightly by firing an RPG-7, but the AI don't seem to be harmed when I point the tub in their face.

Anyways, are the ACE tracers supposed to work after you use the PBO? Or do I have to enable them somehow? Still stuck with vanilla lasers.

This is very similar to what I've experienced. One of the other things that I'm not quite sure is intentional or not is that it seems the body armor is more effective now, in some cases you are clearly shot but are not at all injured (it would be quite cool if you would get a chest bruise or something like that from the vest absorbing the round but not the impact).

In one of the earlier builds we were also having issues where injuries were not showing in the medical system, you're looking at a guy who is shot and bleeding on the ground yet he shows no injuries on any body part.

How do you load a med crate into a truck. I can interact with the crate,carry it,but have no icon or anything to load in truck? Anyone know?

Making a 2035 mission, would like to turn off the "advanced guidance system" for it.

Can anyone tell me how ? :)

Thanks.

How do you load a med crate into a truck. I can interact with the crate,carry it,but have no icon or anything to load in truck? Anyone know?

We haven't added Logistics to ACE3 yet. It's planned though.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Making a 2035 mission, would like to turn off the "advanced guidance system" for it.

Can anyone tell me how ? :)

Thanks.

There's an option in the ACE Settings per user, or you can force it via server- or mission config: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

Anyways, are the ACE tracers supposed to work after you use the PBO? Or do I have to enable them somehow? Still stuck with vanilla lasers.

Mods? IIRC it's only implemented for vanilla weapons.

How do you go about setting an AI civilian as cabletied at mission start... so you can rescue them? ie.. they are held hostage

How do you go about setting an AI civilian as cabletied at mission start... so you can rescue them? ie.. they are held hostage

[_unit, true] call ACE_captives_fnc_setHandcuffed;

ah, ok thanks!

...but when you release them they stay in the same animation?

First : excellent merge from greatest mods actually.

Off topic : why don't you have XMedSys ? You are not obliged to answer. I don't want to start a war! Just curiosity.

REAL question :

About medical module. I have found the "take damage before death" for AI and players inside one medical pbo. But if you modify it : you change the signature so you can't use it inside dedicated server. Am I right ?

So :

- Is there a way to change this parameters inside your (great idea) server.pbo ? I have watch your website but there is no info about that

- If yes, what parameters do we have to put ?

- If not, can we change the medical.pbo only on the server side or on client side also ?

- If there is no option at all, is there an option to deactivate ACE Medical ? Only by suppressing medical.pbo or there is another way ?

We use VTS+MCC so we don't "create" our mission from the start. We can put modules but can't change their parameters.

Thanks by advance!

.... Sorry. Failed to found that usefull link.

Thanks or sorry for my useless post.

No problemo, happens to the best of us :)

If that link doesn't explain enough feel free to point out how it could be improved

Sorry if this has been addressed already. I can't pull up the atragmx, kestrel, or range tables. I did go into setting and assign keys to each action but they still won't appear on screen, and I do have them in my inventory but they also don't show up in AC self interaction menu. Also when using explosives, I get the options to rotate the explosive and place it on objects, however it just falls to the ground when I select place. Any ideas? Thanks

First : excellent merge from greatest mods actually.

Off topic : why don't you have XMedSys ? You are not obliged to answer. I don't want to start a war! Just curiosity.

REAL question :

About medical module. I have found the "take damage before death" for AI and players inside one medical pbo. But if you modify it : you change the signature so you can't use it inside dedicated server. Am I right ?

So :

- Is there a way to change this parameters inside your (great idea) server.pbo ? I have watch your website but there is no info about that

- If yes, what parameters do we have to put ?

- If not, can we change the medical.pbo only on the server side or on client side also ?

- If there is no option at all, is there an option to deactivate ACE Medical ? Only by suppressing medical.pbo or there is another way ?

We use VTS+MCC so we don't "create" our mission from the start. We can put modules but can't change their parameters.

Thanks by advance!

Correct me if I am wrong but could not a module be set as well using ace_common_fnc_setSetting at PostInit level? For example, the advanced medical module could be forced by using:

["ace_medical_level", 2, true, true] call ace_common_fnc_setSetting;

However, it is not really clear to me the difference between ace_common_fnc_setSetting and ace_common_fnc_setParameter. I would be very grateful if this could be clarified.

Why is it that body armor has no use with ACE? 5.56 will kill a soldier wearing the massive Carrier Special Rig in two shots. Removing the protection PBO remedies this as it defaults to Arma values, but is this an intentional thing?

However, it is not really clear to me the difference between ace_common_fnc_setSetting and ace_common_fnc_setParameter. I would be very grateful if this could be clarified.

Neither of those are public functions. Which means they aren't designed for general use but rather as part of an ace system. We highly recommend using the settings framework as documented, but if anyone wants to look at and experiment with any framework's code they're of course free to do so.

To answer your question though, the setSetting function is part of the settings framework and as such deals with settings (so it handles them as that framework was designed to). Personally I'm not sure where the setParameter is used as I haven't ran into that yet. If I wanted to find out more though then I'd go searching for

EFUNC(common,setParameter)

Edited by SilentSpike
incorrect code tag