solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

It's better than it used to be. That said, I'm not 100% sure if it's perfectly aligned now, or just close.

A bipod attached to the AK-12 still glitches into the hand of the user.

• Like 2

Hi,

Is ERCO optics really fixed? When I go to VA and fire from 500m bullet fly 1m right of target, so I think BI didn't fix this bug. And where I can find some list of changes in updates?

I tested out the AKM and AK-12, which both use the 7.62x39 mm round that was said to have been changed in the same log as the ERCO and previous logs, in the Quick and Fun Projectile Tracing! scenario and the Arsenal. Both weapons still had obscenely high penetration, penetration in which these two rifles could be designated as DMRs, when I tested it in the Quick and Fun Projectile Tracing! In the Arsenal, the AKM and AK-12 had DMR level damage and the same ballistics as the DMRs. I've posted a thread about this with some penetration data from my tests before the devs posted the changelog regarding the 7.62x39 mm round. As of the moment of this post, I've found no change. 

So its safe to assume that the devs haven't implemented the changes in the changelog yet, which includes the ERCO problem. Any ideas on when they will implement these changes?

Tweaked: Suppressor models and usage were overhauled (redundant suppressors for LMGs are no longer used as all LMGs are now compatible with standard suppressors of their caliber. Backwards compatibility is maintained despite that LMG suppressors are no longer available in the editor)

The 5.56 mm suppressor now uses the former LMG suppressor model which is more appropriate for this caliber

The CMR-76 is now compatible with Stealth Sound Suppressor used by the Type-115 instead of a standard 6.5 mm suppressor as it is more visually fitting and available in all necessary camouflage variants

Suppressors for CAR-95 and CAR-95-1 use the model of Stealth Sound Suppressor as well (beware, they are not compatible with Type-115 and CMR-76 due to a different caliber!) as it is more visually fitting and available in all necessary camouflage variants

The LIM-85 can now attach sound suppressors

These shorter suppressor models now add less inertia to the weapons they are attached to than the longer suppressors for weapons of higher calibers, which slightly benefits the handling of suppressed weapons of lesser calibers

From latest update :)
  • Like 3

Latest devbranch, I can't attach suppressors to the LIM, despite the changelog claiming it should be possible. Also, it's possible to attach 7.92mm SPAR suppressors to 6.5mm and 5.56mm weapons.

• Like 1

All seems to work as the changelog describes for me, that's through Arsenal.

What method are you using?

Edit: I did notice, however, that there is no main firing sound for the LIM with the suppressor attached.

erco fixed, spar16s fixed, more sensible suppressors

bless you bis

Latest devbranch, I can't attach suppressors to the LIM, despite the changelog claiming it should be possible. Also, it's possible to attach 7.92mm SPAR suppressors to 6.5mm and 5.56mm weapons.

make sure you're not running cba w/ jointrails, since these are some new attachments jointrails hasnt had a chance to update

honestly you shouldn't be running any mods with devbranch.

Right. I turned the mods off and that fixed it. I did have CBA installed.

Can confirm the LIM having no sound when suppressed, now.

• Like 1

Hey...

It seems the protector (gun from apex) has an unintended bug in it.

While you look at the first picture keep an eye on the left thumb while going to the next picture.

The left thumb will be in front of you iron-sight while aiming it blocks about 60% - 70% of the iron sight.

I don't think this has been done intended, or has it?

Solution is to put the thumb a minor bit to the left and this problem is past us...

Pictures bellow: 

ab0378230cbb41b0b33663afed0ecdb7.jpg

176925cbf17f467396812c44ba33cb09.jpg

Edit:

So I've done some more homework on the matter, and it seems to be a bug with the clothing.

Most likely has this riffle been made with someone wearing no clothing or atleast nothing on hes hands.

Because this happens with all clothing, with a ghillie even more then anything else.

But as said when you are naked there is nothing like this, it all fits perfectly.

Some more screenies:

20160917094506_1.jpg

20160917094626_1.jpg

Source:

• Like 1

Protector Gun Update!

Almost all clothing has been fixed EXCEPT the ghillie suit.

Just like my old screenies show (nothing has been changed) the protectors iron sight is useless while wearing a ghillie suit.

20160923170133_1.jpg

Speaking of the Protector, why can't we add any accessories to the front rail? Clipping issues or something?

I would like to be able to use a standard magazine with SPAR-16 instead of this ugly drum one (it looks like rifles in the 20's). And why not, a version with a handgrip.

Also, I'm not an expert but I suppose rifles like SPAR/HK should be much more noisy.

Finally, shouldn't optics be much closer to the soldier ?

• Like 2

I would like to be able to use a standard magazine with SPAR-16 instead of this ugly drum one (it looks like rifles in the 20's).

It's actually more like 90's. Beta C-mag is the name.

300px-Beta_C-Mag_on_M4.jpg

I would like to be able to use a standard magazine with SPAR-16 instead of this ugly drum one (it looks like rifles in the 20's). And why not, a version with a handgrip.

Also, I'm not an expert but I suppose rifles like SPAR/HK should be much more noisy.

Finally, shouldn't optics be much closer to the soldier ?

I can only guess the reason for the drum mag from BIS is that the weapon is supposed to used in the Light Support Role, hence why it's also retroactively fitted with the bipod?

Deffo agree on the optics positioning, they're too far forwards, placing them central to the magazine housing  would look a million times better.

• Like 1

Deffo agree on the optics positioning, they're too far forwards, placing them central to the magazine housing  would look a million times better.

Def agree, with several aspects of the game I picture the BI guys sitting there thinking 'Let's just make this one a little bit different, just for variety', and I'm thinking 'Nooooo!', functionality and believability first! :-)

• Like 2

Def agree, with several aspects of the game I picture the BI guys sitting there thinking 'Let's just make this one a little bit different, just for variety', and I'm thinking 'Nooooo!', functionality and believability first! :-)

And I'm screaming make it look controllable (recoil wise) and what is used in shooting community.

No beer griping and no sights pushed forward.Since beer grip makes your recoil go vertical,

and you want to stare down the optic as close to your eye as it makes sense.

• Like 2

I think the same. The whole holding animation is totally weird. With the left index finger right below the muzzle. Now, I have no idea about guns in real life but I'd imagine firing it like this would burn your fingers in no time.

and you want to stare down the optic as close to your eye as it makes sense.

Not necessarily. First time I mounted a red dot optic during basic training, we were told to mount them far forward. You quickly realize the benefits of this after getting used to it. The sight doesn't take up as much of your field of view which lets you use it with both eyes open so you have good depth perception while still being able to see your surroundings which really helps with situational awareness. That's how they are intended to be used and it doesn't work very well if the optic is too close to your eye because then the housing of the optic will obstruct your other eye too much. Also, having it mounted forward helps with night vision googles compatibility.

• Like 2

Not necessarily. First time I mounted a red dot optic during basic training, we were told to mount them far forward. You quickly realize the benefits of this after getting used to it. The sight doesn't take up as much of your field of view which lets you use it with both eyes open so you have good depth perception while still being able to see your surroundings which really helps with situational awareness. That's how they are intended to be used and it doesn't work very well if the optic is too close to your eye because then the housing of the optic will obstruct your other eye too much. Also, having it mounted forward helps with night vision googles compatibility.

Did not know that about holo sights.Magnified optics would be mounted as close as it makes sense though.

Yes, magnified optics is a different story.

In relation to the most recent update 1.64 (at the time I write this), I believe that the changes to the AK-12 were a bit too much. I know that the reductions to its muzzle velocity and ballistics penetration was primarily due to people complaining it is too "OP" in game. I can agree that the muzzle velocity was somewhat too high in the first place for its caliber (somewhere in the ballpark of 880-920 m/second if i remember correctly), it is now about 720 m/second and I noticed that its velocity loss over distance is worse that any of the other 7.62mm or 6.5mm rifles in the game (I found this through a combination of checking the velocity at different distances and using the bullet cam feature to see how far the rounds can actually travel). I believe this makes the AK-12 almost completely obsolete compared to all the other weapons in its class (even considering its burst fire mechanic). I would like to see more of a compromise for this weapon, not as powerful as it was before but not rendered inferior compared to the other 7.62 rifles, something in the middle, say 820 m/second and make its velocity loss over distance more comparable to the other 7.62x39mm rifles as it currently seems to loose its velocity at a much higher rate (after all they are the same caliber of ammunition i.e. the same physical dimensions [same aerodynamics] and similar weight and should therefore lose velocity over distance at a similar rate at their respective starting velocities which are different due to different barrel lengths, quality of the firing chamber fit to the round, etc.) 

Concerning the complaints that the AK-12 ballistic penetration of materials was too high prior to the patch, I personally believe this is complete nonsense. I find that in Arma 3 people have a tendency of complaining when they get hit while taking cover behind very flimsy cover. Cover such as tin shacks, two by four planks of wood (which I believe the huts on Tanoa are primary made out of yet people complain when rounds penetrate them), plastic sheets around construction sites, trees, etc. All of these forms of "cover" will provide little to no protection against a FMJ 7.62x39mm round in real life at close range. Observe this simple ballistics test using nothing more than a 9mm pistol (not even using FMJ ammunition as stated in the video)

if a standard 9mm pistol round moving at about 375 m/second (typical velocity for a Glock 17 which I believe is the weapon he is using in the clip) can make it through 3 two by four's and still embed itself in the fourth I ask you with tears in my eyes what do you think a 7.62x39mm (especially if it is a FMJ) moving at about 720 m/second (just under double the speed) will do against a single two by four as the huts on Tanoa seem to consist of? Personally I think people who complained about the penetration prior to the patch simply need to learn to use thicker and harder forms of cover in a firefight as appose to reworking the weapons to make then less realistic to suit their inability do differentiate between hard cover and concealment cover, after all Arma 3 is a sandbox military simulation game, so does it not make sense that the player should have to deal some of the fundamentals of a firefight in real life (such as selecting good cover) as soldiers have to do in real life?

Here's hoping my argument is considered by the Bohemia interactive development team.

Best regards

Coretex47

• Like 3

I think the same. The whole holding animation is totally weird. With the left index finger right below the muzzle. Now, I have no idea about guns in real life but I'd imagine firing it like this would burn your fingers in no time.

Not with the HK416 you wouldn't, the design prevents the barrel and hand guards, and breach block from overheating, it's one of it's major selling points. 

Many guys in Iraq who only had the AK could only mount their optics on the handguards with after market products, they didn't have any issues either, in real life holographic sights like the eotech were designed to be used with both eyes opened, that takes more practice as the tendency is to close the less dominant eye when using optics. 

Besides, I still think it looks shit and could do with being mover backwards to at least the middle of the weapon :D

Not with the HK416 you wouldn't, the design prevents the barrel and hand guards, and breach block from overheating, it's one of it's major selling points. 

Many guys in Iraq who only had the AK could only mount their optics on the handguards with after market products, they didn't have any issues either, in real life holographic sights like the eotech were designed to be used with both eyes opened, that takes more practice as the tendency is to close the less dominant eye when using optics. 

Besides, I still think it looks shit and could do with being mover backwards to at least the middle of the weapon :D

No, I was talking about the Protector / MP5.

• Like 2

Bipod on the AK12 is still buggy.

No, I was talking about the Protector / MP5.

I reported that when Apex was still on dev, but as you can see nothing got changed.

• Like 2