Exactly my thoughts. There are certain parts in history that should not be touched by games in my opinion...

Don't you think the same could honesty be said for any game dipicting real world conflicts? They all include really, senseless slaughter of people on each side, including civilians. World War 2, Vietnam? Korea? All the same really. Just different nations, same story. just because some games make it look more spangle banner than others, it all equates to the same end game, based on what was anything but, a game.

• Like 1

Exactly my thoughts. There are certain parts in history that should not be touched by games in my opinion...

I fail to understand how WW2 would make more sense than WW1....

The scene with the mustard gas looked awesome, if just it would look like that ingame.

But they should be touched by novels and movies?

The scene with the mustard gas looked awesome, if just it would look like that ingame.

According to multiple sources, that, or even 100% of the tailed was in game footage of gameplay.

Looks great to me to be honest. 

BF games are what you expect/make of them, time killers, mostly 'mindless' fun.

A refreshing new scene too. 

Don't you think the same could honesty be said for any game dipicting real world conflicts? They all include really, senseless slaughter of people on each side, including civilians. World War 2, Vietnam? Korea? All the same really. Just different nations, same story. just because some games make it look more spangle banner than others, it all equates to the same end game, based on what was anything but, a game.

And in response to the others with the same point.

I know that its kinda hard to draw a line between wars that are just bloody and wars that are too bloody, I think that WW1 is the perversion of war (if thats even possible). The fear and suffering created from this did not make this world a better place to live in any way. There was no good vs. evil. It was only senseless slaughtering with WMDs that led directly to the next war. I feel the same about the Vietnam war, with napalm replacing mustard gas...

WW1 is an area that should not be touched in games glorifying the most horrible things mankind has ever done. But thats just my opinion.

Edit

The book argument

I think that showing millions of teenagers how "cool" WW1 is something different than writing books about it. I don't think that anyone will shut the game down after playing a few others with the realization that WW1 was a bloody mess.

Edit 2 - The same line of thought

http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/09/battlefield-1-WWI-violence-glorification/

I know that its kinda hard to draw a line between wars that are just bloody and wars that are too bloody, I think that WW1 is the perversion of war (if thats even possible).

Oh, so you think WW2 in russia was less bloody or less fierce? Or that a more recent conflict, similar to Arma 2 scenarios (e.g. Chechen war) was less bloody and perverted? How is war ever "pure" or not perverted ? And why is it okay killing virtual humans in a WW2 or present-day game, but not in a WW1 setting?

If there is anything to criticise here it would be the absolutely stupid music choice... showing aliens in the trailer would have had the same effect on me as that music.

PROPER music... like this...

would have actually made it less of a joke and be alittle more respectfull of the theme. Everyone knows the music, because it's catchy and good. Nowadays they apparently think it's cool to let it sound like a complete amateur let it run through 100 of cheap filters. "Look we are hip".

• Like 2

Oh, so you think WW2 in russia was less bloody or less fierce? Or that a more recent conflict, similar to Arma 2 scenarios (e.g. Chechen war) was less bloody and perverted? How is war ever "pure" or not perverted ? And why is it okay killing virtual humans in a WW2 or present-day game, but not in a WW1 setting?

Exactly that is explained in the previous posts on this topic.

PROPER music... like this... 

would have actually made it less of a joke and be alittle more respectfull of the theme.

EA has never been a particulary tactful company though has it?

Exactly that is explained in the previous posts on this topic.

Nope. No one explained why WW1 isn't fitting for a shooter compared to other wars. Yes, WW1 was a insane evolution of a war and caused struggle all over world, but where is the difference to other modern wars like WW2, the Corean War, Vietnam or the Gulf Wars? All of them had countless victims, destroyed whole countries, introduced more brutal weapon technology and caused political issues which are still actual. Again, those games are no replacement for education - they should be played by mature players who already got knowledge about this times.    

Insane attacks through nomansland just to be killed. Wait in a muddy trench for a counterattack. Die of gas.

attack a beach in a landing boat while beeing shot at with machineguns and artillery, die by napalm, beeing forced to attack in a human wave or be shot, be bombed in your home town in the middle of the night... There is nothing civil or "right" about war. Saying WW2 is ok but WW1 is not is just hypocrisy.

My answer was more why the setting in WW1 is a difficult setting for a shooter.

The weapons of that time were mostly bolt action rifles. They are not ideal for the kind of run and gun gameply a BF crowd is used to

The weapons of that time were mostly bolt action rifles. They are not ideal for the kind of run and gun gameply a BF crowd is used to

it will change the combat meta up, they had bullethoses for several series. I do not think that this will be an issue.

Yesterday they revealed the MP in a stream-event. If you want to see some gameplay, look

Looks like a polished version of Hardline. The gamepace is way to fast and there is so much chaotic bullshit happening on the battlefield. Also, I thought they mentioned that Bf1 will be much more team focussed? I haven't seen much of that.

The zeppelin, the dynamic destruction and the weather effetcs are cool though. And Snoop Lion just nails it.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA_k-gjBRIw

lol... so many automatic weapons in everyones hands...

• Like 1

lol... so many automatic weapons in everyones hands...

That is what I thought....

Even in WW2 the automatic wepon density wasn´t that high like in that gameplay....

• Like 1

LOL!

WW I happened in France (not only, but it was the main battlefield in Europe) - and we lost more than 1.5 milion soldiers.

Guess which country won't be present in the game?

DICE = f*ck you!

LOL!

WW I happened in France (not only, but it was the main battlefield in Europe) - and we lost more than 1.5 milion soldiers.

Guess which country won't be present in the game?

DICE = f*ck you!

DLC incoming! ...  :ph34r:

and $120 preoder with Season pass :P

but seriously it looks like a Hollywood version of the WW1 ,but DICE doesn't care about being correct mainly when EA wants those kids money rolling in 

and $120 preoder with Season pass :P

Or you can buy it trough the Mexican store and pay like 50$ for the whole shit :)

Anyway, I'm not going to be part of it, it can be refreshing with the timeline settings but it looks like a reskin of battlefront.

The only things that impressed me are the Levolution and the graphics.

The only things that impressed me are the Levolution and the graphics.

Indeed! The rest is pure s..t.

Still trying to figure it out what this game has to do with WW1