Thanks for this mod, this one goes high up in the list of high quality vests (as high as VSM and Spec4Gear).

One question though... This pack comes with no helmets... which ones do you recomend using?

• Like 1

Thanks for this mod, this one goes high up in the list of high quality vests (as high as VSM and Spec4Gear).

One question though... This pack comes with no helmets... which ones do you recomend using?

Well..Roadrunners opscores are great-http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31359

And RHS has a lot of good stuff too.

• Like 1

Its eotech 553 with g33 from fhq accessories

I think I see what you mentioned but I don't see the one where the holosight and the 3x zoom are different colors.

Time to decide on the new vest! Now is the time for you guys to write down what you would like to see and I will pick what I like and maybe do a vote from few of those variations.

• Like 5

Time to decide on the new vest! Now is the time for you guys to write down what you would like to see and I will pick what I like and maybe do a vote from few of those variations.

Well lots of options, but do you want to make stuff that has already been made by the community (or is in development)? For example the cpc, jpc and 6094. Or do you want to focus on new projects? You mentioned you mostly wanted to do modern stuff, so the Eagle Industries Aero comes to mind. I think it's used as a replacement for the MBAV. I'd recommend the Crye AVS, but that's very similar to the CPC (albeit depending on the configuration). There's a couple of interesting chest rigs out there as well if that is something you're interested in.

• Like 2

Well lots of options, but do you want to make stuff that has already been made by the community (or is in development)? For example the cpc, jpc and 6094. Or do you want to focus on new projects? You mentioned you mostly wanted to do modern stuff, so the Eagle Industries Aero comes to mind. I think it's used as a replacement for the MBAV. I'd recommend the Crye AVS, but that's very similar to the CPC (albeit depending on the configuration). There's a couple of interesting chest rigs out there as well if that is something you're interested in.

One chesrig I think is enough for now. I'm looking for a plate carrier now.

One chesrig I think is enough for now. I'm looking for a plate carrier now.

Alright cool, but if you're up for modeling slightly older gear. Maybe paraclete armor would be an option? I'd have to do some research to determine the exact models, but I think they used to be the go to supplier for CAG a decade ago. But I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on these forums who could pitch in on this matter  :D

Here are some suggestion mate :D

From First Spear site

Assaulter armor carrier (AAC) System

FS_AAC_MG_2442-01.jpg

Strandhogg MBAV cut plate carrier 

FS_StrandhoggMBAV_MG_3256%202.jpg

Ragnar

3509_FS_VIP%20copy.jpg

SCAR Heavy Operator Carrying Kit (SHOCK)

PLI_0062.jpg

From LBT

lbt-6094a-slick_tan_499_4.jpg

From Eagle industries

Multi Mission Armor Carrier - MMAC

eagle-multi-mission-armor-carrier-7.jpg

Aero Assault Basic Armor Carrier

Aero-SOF-Bav-Cummerbund-front.jpg

• Like 4

MBAV!!

maxresdefault.jpg

cb1992cd5f214a00a207f65924d076a3.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

tumblr_lx3cmjKQn91r7gcglo1_400.jpg

• Like 6

Crye AVS MBAV in Coyote Brown or Eagle MBAV in MJK/Khaki

• Like 2

Most of the current batch of plate carriers all look similar in design, and appearance, so it's a tough sell. 

Alright cool, but if you're up for modeling slightly older gear. Maybe paraclete armor would be an option? I'd have to do some research to determine the exact models, but I think they used to be the go to supplier for CAG a decade ago. But I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on these forums who could pitch in on this matter  :D

Okay, so I think it's mostly the Paraclete RAV that was used by cag before they jumped over to CPCs and JPCs. It's certainly something unique and would be quite a lot different from most modern armor. 

aeEwWdv.jpg

CVsjn0W.jpg

More:

http://i.imgur.com/zX57xI8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9gTiWGX.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe something unusual like LHT Gen V Plate Carrier. 

Its one of the best PCs at the moment imho but pretty unknown.

1680_lt_025v_ml_stgr_plattentraeger_abwe

• Like 2

CPC

Doesn't Cunico have one already made. No sense in reinventing the wheel so to speak.

I'd like to see something that's currently in-use that hasn't been made by anyone yet.

Maybe and LV-MBAV with LoVis MBAV Detachable Chest Rig.

http://i.imgur.com/Vkdjn3p.jpg

http://cs627324.vk.me/v627324479/20405/-xIRRCKA56Y.jpg

http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/joaof10/media/tumblr_na6x59OMh91t3u8mlo1_500_zps28512d9e.jpg.html

• Like 3

I like the left image that The Dude. posted. No MOLLE on it's own, but if you model some kind of chest rig or magazine rack over the top, that would make a pretty interesting combo. VSM has something similar with the PACA/MBSS (I think?), but that's the only one I've seen.

I like the left image that The Dude. posted. No MOLLE on it's own, but if you model some kind of chest rig or magazine rack over the top, that would make a pretty interesting combo. VSM has something similar with the PACA/MBSS (I think?), but that's the only one I've seen.

Only reason i thought i would suggest it is because i own one and i love mine, comfiest thing in the world.  h4qmAo8

Cunicos CPC is damn near finished, so it would be a waste of time, cunico is also working on the MBAV but since there are so many different variants of that plate carrier, I think it would be cool to see different types made.

• Like 2

More than likely what will happen is the newer gear from this period will get a bit more attention before older stuff does. There is a huge gap between modern and OG sf stuff in regards to sfodd.

Ironically this is one of the items I was considering doing or having Adacas look at because they have been issued to DG over the past few years and a decent amount of diver related guys are using them with floaters. It's not really the worlds greatest PC but its unique and probably popular due to the light weight in water.

Mayflower APC? 

The apc is in my opinion too similar to current stuff in Arma and isnt really a stand out piece in the sof community though it has seen a decent amount of use.
  • Like 2