Thank you R3vo. A 'must have' mod for this game.

Thanks for the update.

Since the addition of the cluster bombs, would there be anyway to change the percentage of how many UXO are left after the bomb is dropped. For example, in the editor I could specify i want 0% UXO's for the cluster bomb's, thus when a cluster bomb is dropped all of the dispersed munitions explode or 100% and all of the munitions become UXO's. I know this would affect any and every cluster bomb dropped in the game. An additional option would be to set a range say 25%-75%, thus creating a true variable of possible UXO's with every cluster bomb drop.

This is the only info i have been able to find about the cluster bombs so far, as I haven't been home since the release so the config viewer could show updated info.

Taken from the munitions thread.

Writing in the format

cfgMagazines→cfgAmmo→Submunitions ammo (inc. probability)

CBU-85:

PylonMissile_1Rnd_BombCluster_01_F→BombCluster_01_Ammo_F→submunitionAmmo[] = {"Mo_cluster_Bomb_01_F",0.93,"BombCluster_01_UXO_deploy",0.07};

RBK-500:

PylonMissile_1Rnd_BombCluster_02_F→BombCluster_02_Ammo_F→submunitionAmmo[] = {"Mo_cluster_Bomb_02_F",0.93,"BombCluster_02_UXO_deploy",0.07};

BL778:

PylonMissile_1Rnd_BombCluster_03_F→BombCluster_03_Ammo_F→submunitionAmmo[] = {"BombCluster_03_UXO1_deployMine",0.25,"BombCluster_03_UXO2_deployMine",0.25,"BombCluster_03_UXO3_deployMine",0.25,"BombCluster_03_UXO4_deployMine",0.25};

Hi Guys! How i can add flags to vehicles? Need to add .jpg file in mission directory? Or what i have to write in "Flagge anbringen"?

Thanks!

Great update thanks!

On 13 July 2017 at 2:05 AM, easyeb said:

Feature request:

Placement radius on land.

BI changed the native placement radius to include land+water.

I second this, the placement radius was great for randomisation, not so much anymore, I don't see why any benefit to why they changed it.

17 hours ago, Realthinged said:

Hi Guys! How i can add flags to vehicles? Need to add .jpg file in mission directory? Or what i have to write in "Flagge anbringen"?

Thanks!

You can put any path to a texture in there. For example: a3\Data_f\Flags\flag_nato_CO.paa
Also textures placed in the mission folder are accepted. Have fun!

1 hour ago, katipo66 said:

Great update thanks!

I second this, the placement radius was great for randomisation, not so much anymore, I don't see why any benefit to why they changed it.

Interesting. I see what I can do.

Edit: Could you give me an example when it happens that entities are placed in water and they should not? I tried with a HEMTT truck and the were never placed in water.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, R3vo said:

You can put any path to a texture in there. For example: a3\Data_f\Flags\flag_nato_CO.paa
Also textures placed in the mission folder are accepted. Have fun!

Interesting. I see what I can do.

Edit: Could you give me an example when it happens that entities are placed in water and they should not? I tried with a HEMTT truck and the were never placed in water.

For example, on Stratis, place a unit (player) in the middle of the map and give a radius of say 4000... it may take a few attempts but you will eventually end up in the water, thats how i used it for random spawns for the whole map until that started happening.

10 hours ago, katipo66 said:

For example, on Stratis, place a unit (player) in the middle of the map and give a radius of say 4000... it may take a few attempts but you will eventually end up in the water, thats how i used it for random spawns for the whole map until that started happening.

I see. I am going to do some testing with a custom attribute and see if I can fix that issue.

Edit: Alright, I did some testing and came up with the following code which seems to work pretty nicely so far. It would be great if you could test that code for yourself and tell me whether you find cases where it doesn't work.

Just paste it in the unit's init field.

this setVariable 
[
	"Enh_pos",
	[
		[
			[position this,500]],
			["water"],
			{
				!(_this isFlatEmpty  [3,-1,-1,-1,-1,false,this] isEqualTo [])
			}
	] call BIS_fnc_randomPos
];

if (!((this getVariable "Enh_pos") isEqualTo [0,0])) then 
{
  this setPos (this getVariable "Enh_pos")
};
this setVariable ["Enh_pos",nil];

• Like 1

11 hours ago, R3vo said:

I see. I am going to do some testing with a custom attribute and see if I can fix that issue.

Edit: Alright, I did some testing and came up with the following code which seems to work pretty nicely so far. It would be great if you could test that code for yourself and tell me whether you find cases where it doesn't work.

Just paste it in the unit's init field.

this setVariable 
[
	"Enh_pos",
	[
		[
			[position this,500]],
			["water"],
			{
				!(_this isFlatEmpty  [3,-1,-1,-1,-1,false,this] isEqualTo [])
			}
	] call BIS_fnc_randomPos
];

if (!((this getVariable "Enh_pos") isEqualTo [0,0])) then 
{
  this setPos (this getVariable "Enh_pos")
};
this setVariable ["Enh_pos",nil];

Great man, i will have a look at it first chance after work, cheers!

Nice work R3vo, i just tested this and it works great - 20/20 spawned on land :thumb:

Not wanting to push it but it would be awesome if a group could spawn at the leaders position also.

3 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Nice work R3vo, i just tested this and it works great - 20/20 spawned on land :thumb:

Not wanting to push it but it would be awesome if a group could spawn at the leaders position also.

Great to hear that it works.

What do you exactly mean by "Spawning at the leader's position"?

Just now, R3vo said:

Great to hear that it works.

What do you exactly mean by "Spawning at the leader's position"?

If I am a leader of a group, and I spawn at a random position using your script my group do not spawn at my position with me but instead remain at the position they were placed at in the editor, but to be fair this is how it is in vanilla also if I use the placement radius.

Just now, katipo66 said:

If I am a leader of a group, and I spawn at a random position using your script my group do not spawn at my position with me but instead remain at the position they were placed at in the editor, but to be fair this is how it is in vanilla also if I use the placement radius.

I see. Use the Placement Radius of the Group (Composition) then instead. That will make sure the whole group starts at a random position (together)

• Like 1

Just now, R3vo said:

I see. Use the Placement Radius of the Group (Composition) then instead. That will make sure the whole group starts at a random position (together)

Hmm.. ok I'll try it out next time I'm in game, cheers

@R3vo I have a function that can log all items in a certain area and turn them into and SQF to use in a spawning script.

I was wondering if you would want to see it and include it or something like it in another update of 3den Enhanced!!

Hi, I know that listening to all those requests: add this and add this please" but I got one rather .. reasonable request. Could you please add "SimpleObject" option to all objects, not only to those whitelisted by BI? That would be awesome. 

5 hours ago, Brebera said:

Hi, I know that listening to all those requests: add this and add this please" but I got one rather .. reasonable request. Could you please add "SimpleObject" option to all objects, not only to those whitelisted by BI? That would be awesome. 

It was removed for those objects because there's no performance benefit.

11 hours ago, Theassassinzz said:

@R3vo I have a function that can log all items in a certain area and turn them into and SQF to use in a spawning script.

I was wondering if you would want to see it and include it or something like it in another update of 3den Enhanced!!

Sure. Send me the script and I'll take a look at it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, R3vo said:

It was removed for those objects because there's no performance benefit.

Sure. Send me the script and I'll take a look at it.

Yea, thats my problem with it.. there is noticeable performace hit, if you got more than few thousand objects spawned.. plus - for people using Ares/Achilles (and IMO almost every community uses those) is pain in the ass having thousands of unnecessary  objects added in Zeus interface, since Ares brings the "Add all objects in mission" option

AI still doesent end animation when get shooted or enemy contact :-(

11 hours ago, chrys said:

AI still doesent end animation when get shooted or enemy contact :-(

AI will now exit animation when damaged or combat mode changes to danger ;)

4 hours ago, R3vo said:

AI will now exit animation when damaged or combat mode changes to danger ;)

Do you mean in an upcomming version or in the actual version 2.5 because I've got the version of 10.09 from armohlic and it seems like it doesen't work there. Doesen't matter how polite I try to form this sentence, it still sounds like an inpolite request. :down:

Btw. thank your for the effort your are doing. 3den Enhanced is a really enrichment! ;-)

1 hour ago, chrys said:

Do you mean in an upcomming version or in the actual version 2.5 because I've got the version of 10.09 from armohlic and it seems like it doesen't work there. Doesen't matter how polite I try to form this sentence, it still sounds like an inpolite request. :down:

Btw. thank your for the effort your are doing. 3den Enhanced is a really enrichment! ;-)

With the upcoming version.

Is it possible maybe in the future you could include a small optional editor music? I remember in the older versions the preference tab had a "Enable Music" option. I think its a cool feature if your designing a large mission while hearing all random arma 3 music played which automatically stops when you hit the "play" button :D

1 hour ago, Cydoemus said:

Is it possible maybe in the future you could include a small optional editor music? I remember in the older versions the preference tab had a "Enable Music" option. I think its a cool feature if your designing a large mission while hearing all random arma 3 music played which automatically stops when you hit the "play" button :D

It's still there. Press ALT + R (For Radio)