@R3vo: Nice mod. Good work.

Couple things I noticed: Patrols break sometimes in that they start walking back and forth about 10m. I am unsure when this happens, but a squad -> 50m patrol (which then defaults to 51m) usually doesn't work very well.

Also, animations break in that they randomly turn into a direction other than the original one before they start the animation loop.

I cannot reproduced the issue with the random patrol attribute. However, it could be possible that 2 waypoints were placed close to each other, making it look like the AI is moving back and forth.

Fair enough.  I had reasonable results when combining said command with the random patrol function if given a large enough area.

I added forceFollowRoad to the attributes.

• Like 2

Noticed that mission made with 3DEN have no grass on my server and in EDEN. I saw that it was a know bug. The current fixed it? Cheers

Noticed that mission made with 3DEN have no grass on my server and in EDEN. I saw that it was a know bug. The current fixed it? Cheers

Should be fixed with the upcoming version.

• Like 1

Not update this week since BIS delayed their's bei another week :/

So here comes another test version, w hich will hopefully be the last one:

Test Version 1.5.9

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpudfkaln05czlx/%403den%20Enhanced%201.5.9.zip?dl=0

Changelog: (Latest changes are highlighted)

v1.6
*changed*
- fixed position of song name display
- display for name of currently played song is now integrated into the EDEN statusbar, should  now properly scale with different resolutions and display sizes
- improved delay attribute for intro text
- some config clean-up
- improved behaviour and speed mode control of random patrol
- improved speed mode control for ambient flyby
- improved some tooltips
- fixed bug caused by event att.
- fixed some inconsistencies in the configs
- various improvements to the Random Patrol code with the goal to improve reliability
- replaced some of my own translations with ones from BIS
- improved code of remove NVG attribute
- various function improvements
- improve unit traits attribute (Attribute needs to be saved once, to apply the new values)
- advanced skill was missing its Enh TAG
- fixed issue where the garrison function would sometimes recieve a wrong data type
- added tutorial for the garrison functionality
- added ... to all menu strip entry which open a subfolder or new page. Mainly to be on par with the BIS design guidelines
- new icon for the tools folder
- Free Hostage action is now using the vanilla hold action system
- unit which has the "Make Hostage" att. enabled, will now automatically change its animation in Eden
- ambient animation should now work in mp again as expected (fingers crossed)
- sorted all tools into new folders
- improved shortcuts for tools and context menu entries
- some more stringtable cleanup
- some more function improvements
- waypoints of the random patrol attribute are not visibel anymore
- The Log Game Info tool now also exports information about the resolution and UI scale
- all translations are now tagged with "ENH" to make them unique
- serveral localisation tweaks

*added*
- added tool to set all selected entities to ATL/ASL 0
- select new song button for the 3den Radio (Implemented into the status bar)
- one can now set the combat mode and formation of a random patrol
- current song name played by 3DEN Radio is now display as a tooltip in the status bar
- added disableAI "Path"
- added tutorial for the garrison function
- added tutorial for 3den Radio
- added shortcuts for various tools and context menu entries
- added help entry redirecting to youtube tutorials
- a warning message is now shown when patrol radius is smaller than 51 m to prevent unexpected behaviour.
- session timer
- a tool to show amount of objects placed in a mission
- a new tool which retrieves all product information and formats it so it can directly be used inside a bug report etc.
- added help link to KK's Blog
- added Briefing Editor
- added loadout tool. Select one or multiple units and use the "Copy Loadout" tool. Then select the units you want the loadout to apply to. If multiply loadouts were saved. A random one will be selected for each unit
- warning message when new scenario is opened (If accepted it won't appear again)
- added tool to measure distance2D, 3D and travel time between two points
- added tool to quickly place units in a line
- added tool to quickly reverse direction of selected units
- added circular pattern tool
- add tool to quickly change mission time to daylight for editing, using the tool again, will reset the time back to where it was. Does not effect the original time set via the intel attribute
- added tools to change orientation of selected objects to exactly north, east, west or south
- added help entry which links to the Mission Presentation Wiki page
- context menu entry to set player as trigger owner of selected trigger/s
- added help entry which links to kylania's scripting examples
- moved help entries into seperated folders
- attribute to force unit to walk
- tool to quickly export inventory of selected units in a config format used for CfgRespawnInventory
- added version attribute to CfgPatches for internal use
- improve the way the dev branch warning is displayed
- added tool to display FPS while in Eden
- added a tool to export and import eden camera params, like position, direction and pitch/bank. Mainly for debug purpose, but be creative.
The output can also be pasted into BIS' Splendid Camera

*removed*
- removed suppression level att.
- removed fatigue level att.
- removed obsolete entries from the stringtable.xml
- removed side attribute from ambient fly by (Will always be civilian anyway)
- removed rainbow att. (Functionality was not 100% clear to the user)
- removed "hide map object" context menu entry (The code is not properly optimised and reliable yet)
- clear vehicle cargo att. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed unit insignia attribute. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed advanced fog settings. A vanilla solution got introduced
- remove stance att. A vanilla solution got introduced
- advanced ending attribute (Needs further testing)
- unit marker attribute (Not reliable)
- establishing shot attribute (Not mp compatible, most likely not fixable)
- removed save gear multiplayer attribute (on respawn the gear set in Eden is not automatically reapplied)
- duplicated entry in stringtable.xml

• Like 7

I appreciate your work on this, R3vo; keeping this up-to-date with Arma3 must a PITA...

Many thanks mate!

• Like 2

This is an awesome mod.  Thanks for all the work on it. :)

Can you think of anything that would cause all of the Random Patrol waypoints to gather in a very small area very far away from the units?  I have several groups and units set to random patrol, but all of the waypoints are several kilometres away, packed into about a 10m x 10m area.  The map is Song Bin Tanh.  It is kind of funny to watch everyone just start walking in the same direction from all over the map... :)   Random Patrol works fine on Stratis, with all my same mods loaded, so I suspect it has something to do with the map.  Manually placed waypoints work fine on the map.

Just thought I'd also report a couple of things I saw using the new "test" version posted above:

'... ctrlSetText format ["FPS: %1",diag_fps |#|toFixed 1];

...'

Error missing ]

File 3denEnhanced\functions\tools\fn_showFps.sqf, line 27

and 

No entry

'bin\config.bin/Cfg3DEN/Attributes.Eng_FormationCombo'.

Hopefully those are helpful. :)

• Like 1

Does your Hold Action functionality tied to Hostage Rescue support MP?

It should.

This is an awesome mod.  Thanks for all the work on it. :)

Can you think of anything that would cause all of the Random Patrol waypoints to gather in a very small area very far away from the units?  I have several groups and units set to random patrol, but all of the waypoints are several kilometres away, packed into about a 10m x 10m area.  The map is Song Bin Tanh.  It is kind of funny to watch everyone just start walking in the same direction from all over the map... :)   Random Patrol works fine on Stratis, with all my same mods loaded, so I suspect it has something to do with the map.  Manually placed waypoints work fine on the map.

Will investigate that. Could be caused by the modmap

Just thought I'd also report a couple of things I saw using the new "test" version posted above:

'... ctrlSetText format ["FPS: %1",diag_fps |#|toFixed 1];

...'

Error missing ]

File 3denEnhanced\functions\tools\fn_showFps.sqf, line 27

Fixed!

and 

No entry

'bin\config.bin/Cfg3DEN/Attributes.Eng_FormationCombo'.

Fixed!

Hopefully those are helpful. :)

• Like 1

I might have found the issue with random patrol placing waypoints close to each other. Here's some further insight:

The exlamation marks in the first screenshot show all safe positions (for infantry), means positions in water should be avoided)

As one can already see, there are very few position which match the profile of the wanted position parameters

http://imgur.com/c1TitsX

The followpicture shows the issue which was described in a previous post:

http://imgur.com/e5HToT1

The random patrol function searches for safe position inside the given are with the set radius and it sometimes, especially if there a only a few locations available, seems to prefer one of those locations and places all markers there.#

Solution? Not sure. Mayhaps I can check whether the location from the previous waypoint is equal to the new position. Question is, what happens if no save position can be found. Failing silently will confuse most folks and that's something I want to avoid.

Edit:

To go a little bit further with my explanation:

[] spawn  
{posArray = [];
 for "_i" from 1 to 200 do
 {
  pos = [position player,1,500,10,0,1,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; posArray pushBackUnique pos;
systemChat str pos;  marker = createmarker [str _i,pos];
  (str _i) setMarkerType "hd_warning";
 };
};

This is the function is use to find all safePositions in a given area. If I store all UNIQUE positions in an array. Out of 200 search attemps only 84 positions were different, so the chance is over 50% that a waypoint will be place on the same exact position as the last one.

• Like 3

Ahh, OK.  That makes good sense.  I'm seeing something a little different than yours showed, though.

http://imgur.com/IHI86CO

I have random patrol groups and units set up at three different locations, and all of their waypoints end up in one location - up between Go Cong and Kien Tong, which was one of the points that was pulled out in your testing, too.  I think it only found the one for me on the whole map. :)  That point is way more than 500m away from the position of the units.  Is a tree considered an object for the 10m clearance requirement?  If so, that might be the issue on this map, since it's pretty lousy with trees. :)

Is there a reason that 51 m is the smallest patrol area?  I'm guessing that's so that the unit doesn't just walk in a tight circle.  

Maybe I'm not using it as intended... I just want villagers to mill around their village a bit.

EDIT: A couple more images - the waypoints end up at altitude, as well.

Ahh, OK.  That makes good sense.  I'm seeing something a little different than yours showed, though.

http://imgur.com/IHI86CO

I have random patrol groups and units set up at three different locations, and all of their waypoints end up in one location - up between Go Cong and Kien Tong, which was one of the points that was pulled out in your testing, too.  I think it only found the one for me on the whole map. :)  That point is way more than 500m away from the position of the units.  Is a tree considered an object for the 10m clearance requirement?  If so, that might be the issue on this map, since it's pretty lousy with trees. :)

Trees could indeed be an issue. I set it to 10 meters to make 100% sure the waypoint doesn't end up in a rock or so. Maybe I'll lower that and test the results then.

Is there a reason that 51 m is the smallest patrol area?  I'm guessing that's so that the unit doesn't just walk in a tight circle.  

That and some internal issue with BIS_fnc_findSafePos

Maybe I'm not using it as intended... I just want villagers to mill around their village a bit.

If you are not using it as intended, than it's my job to make the intended use clear and catch incorrect behaviour. It should work for all units.

EDIT: A couple more images - the waypoints end up at altitude, as well.

Good catch with the height, I think I already know the cause.

• Like 3

Not update this week since BIS delayed their's bei another week :/

So here comes another test version, w hich will hopefully be the last one:

Test Version 1.5.9

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpudfkaln05czlx/%403den%20Enhanced%201.5.9.zip?dl=0

Changelog: (Latest changes are highlighted)

v1.6

*changed*

- display for name of currently played song is now integrated into the EDEN statusbar, should  now properly scale with different resolutions and display sizes

- some config clean-up

- improved some tooltips

- various improvements to the Random Patrol code with the goal to improve reliability

- improve unit traits attribute (Attribute needs to be saved once, to apply the new values)

- fixed issue where the garrison function would sometimes recieve a wrong data type

- added ... to all menu strip entry which open a subfolder or new page. Mainly to be on par with the BIS design guidelines

- unit which has the "Make Hostage" att. enabled, will now automatically change its animation in Eden

- The Log Game Info tool now also exports information about the resolution and UI scale

*added*

- current song name played by 3DEN Radio is now display as a tooltip in the status bar

- added disableAI "Path"

- a warning message is now shown when patrol radius is smaller than 51 m to prevent unexpected behaviour.

- session timer

- a new tool which retrieves all product information and formats it so it can directly be used inside a bug report etc.

- added Briefing Editor

- added loadout tool. Select one or multiple units and use the "Copy Loadout" tool. Then select the units you want the loadout to apply to. If multiply loadouts were saved. A random one will be selected for each unit

- warning message when new scenario is opened (If accepted it won't appear again)

- add tool to quickly change mission time to daylight for editing, using the tool again, will reset the time back to where it was. Does not effect the original time set via the intel attribute

- added tools to change orientation of selected objects to exactly north, east, west or south

- tool to quickly export inventory of selected units in a config format used for CfgRespawnInventory

- added a tool to export and import eden camera params, like position, direction and pitch/bank. Mainly for debug purpose, but be creative.

*removed*

- removed "hide map object" context menu entry (The code is not properly optimised and reliable yet)

- removed save gear multiplayer attribute (on respawn the gear set in Eden is not automatically reapplied)

Did you fix the grass issue? 

Did you fix the grass issue? 

Should be fixed, test it yourself. That's what a test version is for.

• Like 1

Should be fixed, test it yourself. That's what a test version is for.

I will. Just didnt see this in the the changelog. Thx Sir.

Could we request to get this feature added back in please?

We use BI Units or the squad.xml to populate the unit insignia in the slot you can't edit that's reserved for the unit insignia, as intended, and use 3den to add a 'deployment patch' to the other arm, where Arsenal puts a patch.

The feature is useful in 3den as it allows the mission maker to badge player slots, regardless of what loadout or uniform they use.

Now we're used to it, losing the ability to include a deployment patch will make grown men cry  :blink: Velcro patches FTW

Could we request to get this feature added back in please?

We use BI Units or the squad.xml to populate the unit insignia in the slot you can't edit that's reserved for the unit insignia, as intended, and use 3den to add a 'deployment patch' to the other arm, where Arsenal puts a patch.

The feature is useful in 3den as it allows the mission maker to badge player slots, regardless of what loadout or uniform they use.

Now we're used to it, losing the ability to include a deployment patch will make grown men cry  :blink: Velcro patches FTW

Not sure what you mean, vanilla Eden has the insignia attribute now, that's why I removed my solution.

Not sure what you mean, vanilla Eden has the insignia attribute now, that's why I removed my solution.

If that's the case fair enough.  I might be missing something, but I can't see where that attribute is settable in vanilla Eden?  :unsure:

If that's the case fair enough.  I might be missing something, but I can't see where that attribute is settable in vanilla Eden?  :unsure:

It's in the identity category, but could be that it's not yet on stable.

It's in the identity category, but could be that it's not yet on stable.

Yup just checked, not on stable.  Good to hear it's coming on vanilla though!  Perhaps they got the idea from you  ;)

• Like 1

The new update is causing an overlap of settings in the Objects:States section of a unit's properties.

• Like 1

The new update is causing an overlap of settings in the Objects:States section of a unit's properties.

An update is imminent.

• Like 3

Update v1.6

For download see the initial post. Armaholc will be updated soon.

Changelog:

v1.6
*changed*
- some config clean-up
- improved some tooltips
- serveral tweaks to the random patrol function (random patrol attribute)
- fixed an issue with grass not being visible
- the code for all mission attribute was overhauled. It should now properly execute for each JIP player without effecting players which were ingame already

*added*
- added disableAI "Path"
- session timer
- added Briefing Editor
- added tool to quickly toggle Grass on/off (This will not effect the mission in any way)

*removed*
- removed some none-working animations

• Like 11