A stupid question maybe but who should have this mod installed and running? All players or just server?

Description:

This modification adds new functionalities to 3den, without creating any dependencies for players. That means, mission builder can use this mod to make their lifes easier without making the lifes of the players harder by forcing them to download additional mods.

A stupid question maybe but who should have this mod installed and running? All players or just server?

Neither, just the mission maker when he/she is making the mission.  

EDIT: oops not fast enough lol

Thanks gerhart.
How to find such information by the way? Which mod needs to be installed at Client or Server or maker? Just try and error way gives that info or how? :)

It's only needed by the mission maker. The mission itself is not dependant. This is a tool to help create it.

I hope that has not yet been asked: 

Is it true that the "Hide Terrain Object" Trigger does not work in MP? For me it doesn't! I'm just asking because it could also be a mod incompatibility.

I'd really use this for an FOB and since I have no clue how to do it myself, I hoped that 3denhanced would help me! @.@

Nevermind...I checked the latest preview changelog!

• Like 1

How to find such information by the way? Which mod needs to be installed at Client or Server or maker? Just try and error way gives that info or how? :)

Mod authors usually state that in mod description on front page.

Test Version 1.5.9

Download

Changelog:

v1.6
*changed*
- fixed position of song name display
- Display for name of currently played song is now integrated into the EDEN statusbar, should  now properly scale with different resolutions and display sizes
- fixed position and size of loiter direction attribute of UAV intro
- improved delay attribute for intro text
- some config clean-up
- improved behaviour and speed mode control of random patrol
- improved speed mode control for ambient flyby
- improved some tooltips
- fixed bug caused by event att.
- fixed some inconsistencies in the configs
- various improvements to the Random Patrol code with the goal to improve reliability
- replaced some of my own translations with ones from BIS
- improved code of remove NVG attribute
- various function improvements
- improve unit traits attribute (Attribute needs to be saved once, to apply the new values)
- advanced skill was missing its Enh TAG
- range of the "Free Hostage" action was lowered from 15m to 2m
- fixed issue where the garrison function would sometimes recieve a wrong data type
- added tutorial for the garrison functionality
- added ... to all menu strip entry which open a subfolder or new page. Mainly to be on par with the BIS design guidelines
- new icon for the tools folder
- Free Hostage action is now using the vanilla hold action system
- unit which has the "Make Hostage" att. enabled, will now automatically change its animation
- ambient animation should now work in mp again as expected (fingers crossed)
- sorted all tools into new folders
- improved shortcuts for tools and context menu entries

- some more stringtable cleanup

- some more function improvements

*added*
- added tool to set all selected entities to ATL/ASL 0
- select new song button for the 3den Radio (Implemented into the status bar)
- one can now set the combat mode and formation of a random patrol
- current song name played by 3DEN Radio is now display as a tooltip in the status bar
- added disableAI "Path"
- added tutorial for the garrison function
- added tutorial for 3den Radio
- added shortcuts for various tools and context menu entries
- added help entry redirecting to youtube tutorials
- a warning message is now shown when patrol radius is smaller than 51 m to prevent unexpected behaviour.
- session timer
- a tool to show amount of objects placed in a mission
- a new tool which retrieves all product information and formats it so it can directly be used inside a bug report etc.
- added help link to KK's Blog
- added Briefing Editor
- added loadout tool. Select one or multiple units and use the "Copy Loadout" tool. Then select the units you want the loadout to apply to. If multiply loadouts were saved. A random one will be selected for each unit
- warning message when new scenario is opened (If accepted it won't appear again)
- added tool to measure distance2D, 3D and travel time between two points
- added tool to quickly place units in a line
- added tool to quickly reverse direction of selected units
- added circular pattern tool

*removed*
- removed suppression level att.
- removed fatigue level att.
- removed obsolete entries from the stringtable.xml
- removed side attribute from ambient fly by (Will always be civilian anyway)
- removed rainbow att. (Functionality was not 100% clear to the user)
- removed "hide map object" context menu entry (The code is not properly optimised and reliable yet)
- clear vehicle cargo att. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed unit insignia attribute. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed advanced fog settings. A vanilla solution got introduced
- remove stance att. A vanilla solution got introduced
- advanced ending attribute (Needs further testing)
- unit marker attribute (Not reliable)
- establishing shot attribute (Not mp compatible, most likely not fixable)
- removed save gear multiplayer attribute (on respawn the gear set in Eden is not automatically reapplied)

• Like 1

For all those of you who had problems with the Sit animations e.g, characters would sink into the ground after preview. Please try if enabling the simulation of the chairs solves this issue for you.

Just wanted to let you know that this fixed my issue, thank you.

EDIT: Hmmm spoke too soon. . . . works on a chair but not on the bench  :blink:

removed unit insignia attribute. A vanilla solution got introduced

Where to look for this??

Just wanted to let you know that this fixed my issue, thank you.

EDIT: Hmmm spoke too soon. . . . works on a chair but not on the bench  :blink:

The issue is, that BIS_fnc_ambientAnim does not dynamically attach a unit to a chair or bench. The objects where that works are predefined, and BIS haven't added new objects to the list for ages.

Where to look for this??

It's on dev branch and will be available with the next update (Most likely)

• Like 1

R3vo is there anyway to force ASL for level flight as opposed to Following an AGL pattern ? I'm trying to get overflights on Clafghan and you can imagine it's a nightmare with the huge altitude changes (forgive me if that's already documented, didn't see it on any of the options tabs when I looked)

Cheers

SJ

Edit: oops realised my iPhone had misspelled "above sea level" vs "above ground level". I.e. Terrain following

Revo, do you plan to implement an option to setup the bis_fnc_holdactionadd feature into 3den on a selected object?

I've been tearing my hair out trying to get it to work but am continuously running into locality issues.

Could have the UI set so the user can define the 9 elements in the array for the function and then have the function broadcast in MP correctly?

Revo, do you plan to implement an option to setup the bis_fnc_holdactionadd feature into 3den on a selected object?

I've been tearing my hair out trying to get it to work but am continuously running into locality issues.

Could have the UI set so the user can define the 9 elements in the array for the function and then have the function broadcast in MP correctly?

I am going to look into it, but it will most likely not make it into the next release.

• Like 1

Was updating my singleplayer missions when I noticed something which was incredible tedious. So I decided to solve that.

*You can spot a second useful addition, right in the beginning ;)

• Like 3

Hell yeah!

BIS brings us the 3d editor, R3vo brings us the ease of use...

Thank you so much for your work mate.

• Like 3

Where to set a units behaviour in this mod? I lost it... How to set Safe or aware for example?

In the group's attributes. Click the icon above the unit you want to set the behaviour of.

I thought for single users I can see the same attributes. I didn't know that it is only for groups :/

Animations of this mod is not working in dedicated server?
I thought this mod needs to be installed only when I create the mission and afterwards not required..

Animations of this mod is not working in dedicated server?

I thought this mod needs to be installed only when I create the mission and afterwards not required..

This issue should be fixed with the next version hopefully.

R3vo, do you intend to implement a checkbox in the unit attributes for wheeled vehicles to cover BI's new stayonroad command?

Or possibly for aircraft/UAV's a checkbox for the flyinheightASL command?

R3vo, do you intend to implement a checkbox in the unit attributes for wheeled vehicles to cover BI's new stayonroad command?

Or possibly for aircraft/UAV's a checkbox for the flyinheightASL command?

I'll look into those. However the effect of the forceFollowRoad command seems to be minimal, at least from my testing.

@R3vo: Nice mod. Good work.

Couple things I noticed: Patrols break sometimes in that they start walking back and forth about 10m. I am unsure when this happens, but a squad -> 50m patrol (which then defaults to 51m) usually doesn't work very well.

Also, animations break in that they randomly turn into a direction other than the original one before they start the animation loop.

I'll look into those. However the effect of the forceFollowRoad command seems to be minimal, at least from my testing.

Fair enough.  I had reasonable results when combining said command with the random patrol function if given a large enough area.