Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

So from what I am seeing, they said there would be two VTOLs right? So are we looking at the OPFOR VTOL? I imagine it is since the concept art we all so long ago looks to be more of NATOs style. If it's the OPFOR one I would actually be okay with how it looks.

So they decided to release some info on Apex during E3 and then after ~2 weeks release DLC. Either I'm missing something or their PR department is non-existing. BIS really heavily counts on "word-of-mouth" advertising. It seems they are really on budget.

If thermals stay as they are now and basically hide everything else but humans and animals, I agree no thermals please, however if they are "nerfed" (I hate that term) for more interesting gameplay it could be quite nice actually, you'd have to rely on irons as you can't use collimators or other scopes with thermals.

Hide everything else? Thermals pick up heat, given off by nearly all vehicles (running) organisms and even the landscape if it is a hot day (yes it is simulated in Arma). I think if they stay as it is and the headgear has thermal capabilities then it will be the same as normal really. Something tells me this won't be the case though, i am not sure where you guys got thermals from but to me it looks like panoramic night vision. Obviously looking a lot better than the one i am about to show in the picture below but it has it's similarities.

144083012847.jpg

DWoYrNR.png

HERE!!!

CkQ_mYtWEAAqQiM.jpg:large

OMFG!!! I love this picture!!!

WOW -- 1st time in decades I want a hard copy of the game

• Like 1

So they decided to release some info on Apex during E3 and then after ~2 weeks release DLC. Either I'm missing something or their PR department is non-existing. BIS really heavily counts on "word-of-mouth" advertising. It seems they are really on budget.

Maybe it's not worth advertising, Arma isn't exactly a game for the masses and I'm preeetty certain Bohemia knows better than we do what affects their sales.

It'd be interesting to see some numbers on Apex pre-orders.

Am i the only one that is excited by the Zodiak? You guys know what this means? Zodiaks are almost always launched from LHD Aircraft Carriers, i am betting they will add a static LHD aircraft carrier that is able to perform tasks such as launching Zodiaks, elevators on deck that work, launching ospreys etc, it would also give the osprey a home too! If you look closely at the picture you will see the Zodiak launching station.

San_Antonio_class_rendering.jpg

No we excited by what RHS cooked up cause there river craft is bangerz. And it will have guns-LOTS. A zodiac you going to invade what with? The local Catalina wine mixer? And we assume and hope their will be more Ships. BUT! Judging by the image there is no big ships/ set pieces like Aircraft carriers. Again how did all this gear arrive. Teleport?

No we excited by what RHS cooked up cause there river craft is bangerz. And it will have guns-LOTS. A zodiac you going to invade what with? The local Catalina wine mixer? And we assume and hope their will be more Ships. BUT! Judging by the image there is no big ships/ set pieces like Aircraft carriers. Again how did all this gear arrive. Teleport?

I have to agree, RHS has really outdone themselves in 2016

x48Aymq.jpg

S2MZ3vm.jpg

hieVOvI.jpg

• Like 2

Hide everything else? Thermals pick up heat, given off by nearly all vehicles (running) organisms and even the landscape if it is a hot day (yes it is simulated in Arma). I think if they stay as it is and the headgear has thermal capabilities then it will be the same as normal really. Something tells me this won't be the case though, i am not sure where you guys got thermals from but to me it looks like panoramic night vision. Obviously looking a lot better than the one i am about to show in the picture below but it has it's similarities.

Yes, I used thermals in service and I know what they do, but currently in-game TI has this auto-contrast thingy that, as I said, basically hides everything but units and the pesky rabbits, terrain is always rendered cold in Arma no matter what the weather is, which is bad and hence TI is "op".

Again how did all this gear arrive. Teleport?

So true, such a lack of high quality transport assets both in core game and mods. Sure there are mods out there but not much matches the quality of core game or RHS. Would be nice to see some kind of static ship like the sub that was in the A3 campaign.

If thermals stay as they are now and basically hide everything else but humans and animals, I agree no thermals please, however if they are "nerfed" (I hate that term) for more interesting gameplay it could be quite nice actually, you'd have to rely on irons as you can't use collimators or other scopes with thermals.

Would be very useful in jungle.

Plus, wouldn't be all-powerful, jungle can be very hot and moist too.

Look at the movie Predator:

the jungle was so hot they had to soak it before using the thermal vision that simulated the predator vision.

• Like 1

It looks like the same Nato vest from A3 vanilla. The uniform also looks like the same but with a different camo. On the other side we have a new helmet (poor soldier wearing such thing in a jungle) + a new nvg/thermal thing.

I fear the copy/paste syndrome here. Never happy customer.

That's just it though isn't it, i don't see how an Aircraft Carrier could fit in the stretch of water there, i bet there will be something similar to the Utes map in Arma 2.

atlas-lhd-al-v20-1_4.jpg

Would be very useful in jungle.

Plus, wouldn't be all-powerful, jungle can be very hot and moist too.

Look at the movie Predator:

the jungle was so hot they had to soak it before using the thermal vision that simulated the predator vision.

Ye, that's exactly what I'd like to see; the hot terrain/environment showing in the thermals as a heat source, not this featureless gray smudge we have now.

Yes, I used thermals in service and I know what they do, but currently in-game TI has this auto-contrast thingy that, as I said, basically hides everything but units and the pesky rabbits, terrain is always rendered cold in Arma no matter what the weather is, which is bad and hence TI is "op".

I see where you are coming from but Jay Crowe says otherwise:

https://youtu.be/AHYUYOR0mw0?t=3m48s

Heh, if only someone made an amphibious assault ship with a well deck... B)

• Like 4

So true, such a lack of high quality transport assets both in core game and mods. Sure there are mods out there but not much matches the quality of core game or RHS. Would be nice to see some kind of static ship like the sub that was in the A3 campaign.

Simple donate to RHS to sweeten the deal and keep them interested. I plan to month end-what I paid for Apex is what I will give to them. If they accept bribes... I mean donations. Give them another Year and I think we will have everyone's wet dreams/ prayers answered. But also don't over look other modders. Where is your Civies going to come from-CUP.

I really wish they go to Town-BIS. But I think the content is very targeted with little to no excess fat.

I hope we see more OPFOR stuff later this week!

Forget OPFOR stuff i wanna get me some Tanoan guerilla forces pics!

UKSF dude seems to be missing his flag, also the guys on the RHIB look like FIA to me.

XTh9vIB.png

UKSF dude seems to be missing his flag, also the guys on the RHIB look like FIA to me.

XTh9vIB.png

I can only hope that's place holder. If I catch Altis FIA on Tanoa, it'd be proving the copy pasta has returned. I'm not too too upset about the Retexture of the CTRG uniform, BUT, I really hope they at least properly retouched it, because the Knee Pads on the darn thing are simply a flat texture, and it looks awful.

Side note, Pointing Feature Confirmed!

Nope, it can be just an animation.

Nope, it can be just an animation.

I think it was meant to be a joke. 

In any case, my sight might be really bad, but can't distinguish anything on that Zodiac (nor in the stealthy Osprey front).

• Like 1