Hope one day this will be on steam. My group isn't willing to manually install these mods and SiX is junkware so. Used to love this mod but now we only run what is on steam, reduces headaches so much for us with full time jobs and other responsibilities. I realize this will probably never happen, guess I'll have to not use this again :/ I'm sure it's as amazing as it always was.

Didn't realise it was that hard to drag and drop an @folder into your arma mod directory? 

• Like 5

Didn't realise it was that hard to drag and drop an @folder into your arma mod directory? 

Then pay attention to updates on a thread and monitor it all the time. when you have 75 mods it's just not worth the hassle to most people. And being someone that played back when that was the only way personally not interested anymore, either. a easier way is possible. Six used to be fine now it's junk i won't install to my PC anymore. You can act like it's not a big deal, but for most people, I promise they do not bother if it's not on Steam. Most people have much better things to do with their time and don't even know how to find mod folders, etc. regardless. I know this a great mod, but without steam it's just not happening for my group, and I am far from alone on that.

No disrespect meant to jardhead at all, no pressure, and no hard feelings. He does what he wants with his stuff, simple as that. Just stating a simple fact, he cares, or doesn't, it's up to him. I don't need your patronizing me about easy, either. Respect people's position, I respect his even if I choose to let him know mine. Said my piece, done now unless something worth replying to is said rather than worthless rabble that just gets the mods upset anyways :P

is it possible use only shoot echo ,bullet crack e.t.c effects of this mod ?

Then pay attention to updates on a thread and monitor it all the time. when you have 75 mods it's just not worth the hassle to most people. And being someone that played back when that was the only way personally not interested anymore, either. a easier way is possible. Six used to be fine now it's junk i won't install to my PC anymore. You can act like it's not a big deal, but for most people, I promise they do not bother if it's not on Steam. Most people have much better things to do with their time and don't even know how to find mod folders, etc. regardless. I know this a great mod, but without steam it's just not happening for my group, and I am far from alone on that.

No disrespect meant to jardhead at all, no pressure, and no hard feelings. He does what he wants with his stuff, simple as that. Just stating a simple fact, he cares, or doesn't, it's up to him. I don't need your patronizing me about easy, either. Respect people's position, I respect his even if I choose to let him know mine. Said my piece, done now unless something worth replying to is said rather than worthless rabble that just gets the mods upset anyways :P

It certainly does, please try to stay on topic. Thanks 

• Like 2

So as we are on one of greatest sound mod page - is there some progress going on on fixing build, or i can use the newest version with 1.64 profiling branch without any issue? I really miss this sounds.

Mods would be automatically updated on Steam too. Makes gaming easier... But hey, let's stay on track keep praising this mod, because this isn't really a social thread. <_<

• Like 1

So as we are on one of greatest sound mod page - is there some progress going on on fixing build, or i can use the newest version with 1.64 profiling branch without any issue? I really miss this sounds.

I am using this with no issues on Dev branch

I am using this with no issues on Dev branch

Thanks, gonna try it again.

Hello,

I've been ignoring things here lately due to some other projects and RL stuff. So my process with the next update is more than slow. But I'll have something eventually. Considering the long timeout I've gathered some interesting additions, tweaks and fixes for the last version and updated my build frequently. Main focus was put on additions for something new I was thinking about a long time ago. So here is a short list of things what I did so far. If anything has a problem with their current version of JSRS and ArmA3, maybe you'll find your solution in the fixes.

Also I can`t and wont say when I can release this. Many of the things I want to implement are really time consuming and take a lot of time that is currently reserved for other things.

Here are my changes for fixes, additions and tweaks. Fixes are clear I guess, additions are meant to add new things that has not been in the last build while tweaks are old things that got changed or improved.

Fixes:
- Fixed Added requirement for JPEX_GlobalFilters and JPEX_Framwork to vehicle weapons
- Fixed Missing required addons update list for CTAR rifles
- Fixed CMR/DMR07 had no JSRS sounds
- Fixed SMG now have a superclass called Rifle_Short_Base_F
- Fixed Missing AI firemode supports for DMRs and Rifle_Long_Base_F weapons
- Fixed Wrong entry "meadow" for CfgWeapons is not a controller
- Fixed Missing Mk1 EMR weapon sounds when AI uses it
- Fixed Missing firemode for AI on MMGs and MK14
- Fixed Relocated shell interior sound cfg entries into the jsrs framework cpp
- Fixed Missing sound exhaust4.wss for MARID APC
- Fixed Missing tail systems for some vehicle weapons

Additions:
- Added CDS2 to the build
    Calculated Distance Simulation - CBS2 is a new way of separation of sounds, based on distances
    to the camera. The system got updated and redesigned to finally find its way back into JSRS.
    Build from the ground up, this simulation from DragonFyre is now more flexible, powerful and dynamic.

It separates distances from "mainranges" into "subranges". Each mainrange has a calculated distance
    given which the subranges are separated for.

The simulation works for both weapons and vehicle weapons.

The mainranges are calculated into 3x1 steps. Close, Mid and Far ranges and the pools. The first
    three steps have subranges devided by 2.  Close and Close2 and so on. Each subrange has 8 samples.
    The distances for each subrange is calculated and simulated by a sinus curve based on real life data.

The distances work hand in hand with volume curves, 3d processor and processor curve and filters
    build for the new technique.

- Added New weapon interior shooting sounds for peformance reasons (Watch for separation in the tweaks down below)
- Added New Tails for all vehicle weapons
    They used some old tails from an older JSRS version. Now they'll suit
    the handheld weapons a bit more.

- Added New Volume curves
- Added New 3D Processors for weapons and tails
- Added Newly created LowPass Filters
- Added New Distance Filter FreqAttenuation for all weapon sounds
    Bunch of testing went into these new global filter techniques from CBS2. They
    came out pretty cool. Smooth transition between loud close sounds and low far sounds.

- Added New BiPod down and up sound effects
    Still not workign for all of them. Pretty tricky getting them to work.

- Added New Frequency Randomizer for all weapon and tail sounds
    So not every single shot comes out sounding the same.

- Added Shell interior sounds for various APEX weaopns like AKM and AKSU74 ect
    They were missing!

- Added Replaced all stances/handling sounds with new/better samples
- Added New gear noises
    Really proud of them. I mixed the old ones with some new detailed samples.

- Added New closure effects for all weapons, seperated by type and calibre
- Added New set of explosion sounds for 20 - 40mm HE Rounds

Tweaks:
- Tweaked Distance separations got enhanced
- Tweaked Seperated close range sounds for Interior and Non-Interior to prevent limitation
    Pretty tricky, much work and some thinking brought me to this idea. It's basically a
    separation for the close shot sounds that mostly the player or really close other units
    will trigger. The interior echo is not an extra soundlayer or soundset anymore, its a complete
    new standalone sound mixed in the sample. Which makes the game play only one sound instead of
    multiple when being interior. Better performance, no limitations and no stuttering sounds anymore!

- Tweaked Cleared all tail sets and used a pool of shaders for mutliple weapons
- Tweaked Lowpass filters and 3D Processers for all weapons and explosions
- Tweaked Cleared weapons cpps from multiple unnecessary repetitions
    Some where full of stuff, many still are. There is a reason to clean them up!

- Tweaked Volume and ranges of shell interior noises from 5 to 15 meters at 50% volume
    They were way too loud for a way to short distance.
- Tweaked Weapon sound volume close range

- Tweaked Movement sound volume gear
- Tweaked Lowered suit fabric sounds volume while moving
    Tweaks all around the movement were made.

- Tweaked Closure volumes to match EQ levels high/low freq
    Weapon firing in first person is more detailed with a slightly louder click noise.

- Tweaked Deleted unused tail_houses entries and function for all weapons for better performance
    There were many old soundsets put for use but they wheren't audible enough or just used
    space and output didn't worth the resources.

- Tweaked Added more audible tails for distance firefights outside of houses/forests controllers
    Is the firefight in a village, town, a forest or in the open, the tails will tell!

- Tweaked Shorter distance seperations for weapons and explosions
    Close firefights are close, everything else need to sound further away. This gives a better
    feeling about close dangers and further away threats.

- Tweaked Cleaned Config files and deleted trashy entries or not needed classes
    Some entries were leading to dead pools, some were triggered but not used to play a sound, others
    would just play muted files. Some noises that couldn`t be heared have been earased as well.

- Tweaked Movement sound samples and error fixing
- Tweaked Movement gear volumes and distances, same for stances

If there are any questions (Beside ETA or Steam Workshop release) just ask away. I'm happy to answer them (Or try at least). Also I'll try to get a video up for some showcase but really can't much time for this project lately. :(

LJ

• Like 15

LJ, i heard on audio tweaking page, and on changelog of development branch, there are new systems for footsteps sound. I think you could wait till it touch stable branch, then start tweaking your mod's movmement sound, beacuse we all know, after such update of game, most of movement sounds will be messed.

Great changes BTW.

Great work also :)

is this update will impact  perfomance?

ArmA3 on stable runs faster and smoother on my end with this new build.

LJ

• Like 2

is this update will impact  performance?

Depends on your PC, But as LJ says it perform better, then it should.

Am i remember good - there was some files for RHS, so RHS vehicles would use JSRS sounds? File was compatible with APEX 1.2

Hmm nice, can't wait for the update :)

I'd like to add some feedback, but this is really just my very personal opinion. Plus, this of course refers to the currently published version and might very well be already obsolete since you already reworked a lot of these things as you said. But I'd still like to give some feedback to the current version:

- I know a lot of people were bitching about the very loud sonic cracks back in "Dragonfyre", maybe even earlier. I loved them, every time someone shot at you, you were actually a little bit startled if playing with some a bit above average volume.

If it was for me, you could turn the volume of the sonic cracks just a little bit up again. 

- I feel like gunfire and explosions should be the loudest sounds, then nearby jets, then helos, then vehicles, etc.

Right now, I feel like a nearby hovering helo is about as loud as you firing your gun. Nearby jets sound rather quiet to me at the moment as well as vehicles - especially heavy vehicles - compared to helos.

Imho you could consider turning up the gunfire/explosions/cannon, etc. sounds as well as jets and vehicles a little, while turning down the helos a bit.

However - your sounds of the helos themselves are amazing. Helos sound simply awesome. It's just that I feel the volume may be a bit too high compared to vehicle sounds as well as very loud noises like gunfire, explosions, etc., as said.

I'd also love to be able to hear both jets and helos from a greater distance

- I'd also love to be able to hear a firefight from even a little bit further than currently. I think small arms fire is currently audible from up to 900 - 1000m away?

I wouldn't mind being able to hear it even at a bit longer distances.

But of course I understand there are certain limitations, plus it needs to be balanced with other noises that are audible even further.

If there are any questions (Beside ETA or Steam Workshop release) just ask away.

*facepalm*  ;)

*facepalm*  ;)

I read it wrong. Ill delete the post above.

A little late to this thread but if I want to allow the Mod on my server but not require it I know I need the keys but am a bit confused about the addons folder..do I need to just drop that in the servers main folder or do I pull the pbos out and drop them someplace..I'd like to have it as optional on my server but not actually required..if anyone can clear that up for me I'd be grateful..Thanks.

Diesel

Helis sound should be damm loud, as in real. Dont change it please. You can increase engine loudness of Jets and rest of vehicles over distance. Thats the only one for me :)
I tested it on 2 pair of speakers (both stereo) and headphones.

• Like 2

Sorry if this has been answered already, but can you use the APEX 1.2 version if you don't have the APEX DLC? or would you have to use the EDEN 1.4 one?

yes you can use it without the dlc (at least my friends do )

ah ok thanks, i'll try it out