CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Delete the vertical ponds PBO from your CLAfghan Addons folder. The map plays fine without it and the blue lines go away.

Thaank you!!!!

Ive extracted all the cup pbo's with extractpbo to use in terrain builder, but cup_terrains_ca_wheeled_dummy.pbo doesn't extract fully, same with the other wheeled pbo's. I tried extracting the files with pbo manager and they did copy over. But pboProject doesn't let you build the map with them, it comes up error "hmmv_wrecked.p3d is faulty or missing". How would I go about getting them to extract properly? As they show up fine in x-cam, so it's awkward working out which wrecks we can use.

hey guys,

we want to set up an exile server with cups_sahrani. what do we have to add in in the mission.sqm addons and auto-addons?

thx a lot and cheers,

yes

Delete the vertical ponds PBO from your CLAfghan Addons folder. The map plays fine without it and the blue lines go away.

Do you know what to do about FATA? I used the ascz fix pack with AiA and it all works fine,but running FATA  with CUP I have the "no sound" bug-map has no ambient noise. With AiA and the fix pack it adds the ambient noise from Stratis, but running FATA and CUP the whole map is totally silent.Anyone else have this issue?

Do you know what to do about FATA? I used the ascz fix pack with AiA and it all works fine,but running FATA with CUP I have the "no sound" bug-map has no ambient noise. With AiA and the fix pack it adds the ambient noise from Stratis, but running FATA and CUP the whole map is totally silent.Anyone else have this issue?

I wish. Sorry.

I'm making a mission with FATA and ALiVE as we speak but I'm just using AiA and the ASCZ sounds fix. It's such a great great map and also has some pleasant sound surprises too! So obviously it's essentially unplayable with CUP.

So AiA it is for me for now. And as you know, it's a glorious map. I wonder what ASCZ was able to accomplish that the CUP team can't implement into their pack?

Long shot but does the fix mod work with CUP? Have you tried it?

I wish. Sorry.

I'm making a mission with FATA and ALiVE as we speak but I'm just using AiA and the ASCZ sounds fix. It's such a great great map and also has some pleasant sound surprises too! So obviously it's essentially unplayable with CUP.

So AiA it is for me for now. And as you know, it's a glorious map. I wonder what ASCZ was able to accomplish that the CUP team can't implement into their pack?

Long shot but does the fix mod work with CUP? Have you tried it?

i have tried the fix with CUP-no joy.It does some things,like fixes the Sat image from the menu,but the important thing-the sound is not fixed. Some people seems to not have this issue though-A few people on the workshop have made fata missions using CUP and they are not experiencing the sound problem. Very strange..

To answer your question-what ASCZ did was replace FATA's custom ambient sound with ambient from Stratis. This is not really part of CUP's stated goals right now-they are working on getting BI maps working perfectly-not third party ones.

i have tried the fix with CUP-no joy.It does some things,like fixes the Sat image from the menu,but the important thing-the sound is not fixed. Some people seems to not have this issue though-A few people on the workshop have made fata missions using CUP and they are not experiencing the sound problem. Very strange..

To answer your question-what ASCZ did was replace FATA's custom ambient sound with ambient from Stratis. This is not really part of CUP's stated goals right now-they are working on getting BI maps working perfectly-not third party ones.

I'm perfectly content using AiA for maps like FATA.

I'll skip a long winded post, but long story short, it's examples like these that make me wonder why everyone was so quick to abandon and close threads/download links AiA related.

Unless I'm missing something, CUP's goal is to import and further support all of the official A2 maps. That still leaves a lot of great user made maps that I'm more than happy to have AiA on my harddive for. FATA is a perfect example of this.

I'm perfectly content using AiA for maps like FATA.

I'll skip a long winded post, but long story short, it's examples like these that make me wonder why everyone was so quick to abandon and close threads/download links AiA related.

I think it was more to do with AiA being dead and buggy. There was a couple of buildings that would make me crash if I went near them in AiA, with cup I don't get that at all. Plus it's on the workshop which makes it easier for new players to download, instead of having to wait hours to download it from armaholic. A friend of mine once spent 6 hours downloading AiA from armaholic and it ended up corrupted lol.

Ive extracted all the cup pbo's with extractpbo to use in terrain builder, but cup_terrains_ca_wheeled_dummy.pbo doesn't extract fully, same with the other wheeled pbo's. I tried extracting the files with pbo manager and they did copy over. But pboProject doesn't let you build the map with them, it comes up error "hmmv_wrecked.p3d is faulty or missing". How would I go about getting them to extract properly? As they show up fine in x-cam, so it's awkward working out which wrecks we can use.

You can still use this for placement in TB/BD when you have problems with the "new" assets: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack#Arma_2

I'm reliably informed that all CUP terrains work fine with ALiVE and there is no re-indexing needed at this stage.  However, with 1.56 Eden Update just around the corner, there is a slight possibility that map id's may have changed, which could break some indexes for ALiVE.  If so please let us know and we'll get them done as soon as possible

• Like 6

I keep getting a 'addon CUP_buildings2_config requires addon CUP_buildings2_data' bug at launch. Then on maps like Chernarus and Takistan dozens of buildings are missing. I use terrains complete. What up with that?

Also is this the thread where I post bugs, or do you guys have a specific bug-thread?

Looks like your CUP is not properly installed. You may have some corrupted file when you downloaded or extracted it.

Looks like your CUP is not properly installed. You may have some corrupted file when you downloaded or extracted it.

Aha. Well I did download it directly from CUP's website. My next question is, how would a file become corrupted during an extract?

Aha. Well I did download it directly from CUP's website. My next question is, how would a file become corrupted during an extract?

Cosmic radiation. 

P.S. I only came here, because the notification said here was a "Hate post" :D

Cosmic radiation. 

P.S. I only came here, because the notification said here was a "Hate post" :D

You have brought vindication to my name. I deem you a retainer in the House of Hate. (pronounced 'hauttay').

• Like 1

But seriously, my problem sucks and I am sad.

Will redownload and test again!

EDIT--Maps with Core loads with the same exact config error.

Takistan Mountains has a graphic problem with the pond at a distance, is there a script to remove/hide the pond & still allow use of the CUP version of Takistan Mountains? Or is there a fix due out at all?

Takistan Mountains has a graphic problem with the pond at a distance, is there a script to remove/hide the pond & still allow use of the CUP version of Takistan Mountains? Or is there a fix due out at all?

it's not just Takistan Mountains-all ponds go funny from a distance.Take a jet over Chernarus and you will see it.It's a known issue.

Guys-did you ever look at using DBO ponds for CUP? I used a version of Chernarus which had them and they work great-they react when shot,when choppers hover close over them,they don't glitch at distance etc. Is their some reason you guys did not consider them? These are what I am talking about- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28560

• Like 1

Interesting addon! After watching the DBO ponds video clip I wondered if fog & mist were affecting the CUP ponds, and it seems they are. If you turn off all fog & any mist modules you can fly around Chernarus etc, with no graphic glitches on the ponds at all!

Like you say the DBO ponds, with active affect re, bullet hits & down draft, aught to be worth investigating by the CUP team yes?

Like you say the DBO ponds, with active affect re, bullet hits & down draft, aught to be worth investigating by the CUP team yes?

They seems good-unless there is some issue I am unaware of.There is an alpha version of chernarus using them on the workshop somewhere..

The CUP bug tracker has changed, and my login is no longer accepted, and previously reported issues have disappeared. I can't find any announcement of this change, what was the reason is was done?

EDIT: Found the announcement: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179326-community-upgrade-project-cup/page-93#entry2977018

Hear's a puzzle?

On the CUP terrains Takistan the ponds Daryache & Safid Ab have the graphics error  with mist & fog but the larger pond/lake to the NW called Charsu does NOT & it has all its effects (bullet hits etc) working!!!

If it works on a large pond why not a small one? anyone know?

Hear's a puzzle?

On the CUP terrains Takistan the ponds Daryache & Safid Ab have the graphics error  with mist & fog but the larger pond/lake to the NW called Charsu does NOT & it has all its effects (bullet hits etc) working!!!

If it works on a large pond why not a small one? anyone know?

I think the large basin is actually "ocean" water, i.e. the terrain is under the map's waterline, while all the other ponds are objects.