Sign in to follow this  
kingkong1

New Fatigue system

Congratulations on ruining the gameplay with the new fatigue system. Carries on and you will lose a lot of players

• Like 3

Congratulations on creating the useless rant thread #1587413887 * 1085!

Bonus points for not even trying to explain what exactly you don't like about new stamina system!

• Like 10

Yesh, it is really really bad lol...especially the sway now...like you are overweight and not fit to be a soldier or something

• Like 7

Yesh, it is really really bad lol...especially the sway now...like you are overweight and not fit to be a soldier or something

+1

OMG what is this system i can't move ... with my LIGHT loadout!!

• Like 2

I just did some testing, and with the Navid, two 150 mags. My player sprinted maybe 10 meters before no longer being able to sprint. I then jogged about 50 meters, and my player literately fell over. I thought I died, but I guess I just fainted.

ETA: After some more testing, I will say that the amount of sway after holding your breath is very excessive, to a very unrealistic level. Even braced against something, you get this excessive sway after holding your breath. It sort of defeats the purpose of bracing against something.

ETA: Does anyone know how the fainting works? I've been testing, and the player fainting seems very inconsistent.

ETA; The more I test, the more I'm becoming confused. I just fainted while the stamina bar was not red.

i guess thats bohemias thought about arma troops... they break down after running 20 meters...

i hope they never face war against any fit troop unit ^^

• Like 1

Congratulations on creating the useless rant thread #1587413887 * 1085!

Bonus points for not even trying to explain what exactly you don't like about new stamina system!

yeah no kidding
  • Like 1

Does anyone know some sqf script code we can use to disable the way this new system forces you to walk when your inventory is fully loaded?

Yep, first play-though yesterday evening was an eye opener!  My loadout for an AT soldier carrying two Titan AT rockets caused me to slow walk. This was one rocket in the launcher and one in my carryall pack. Lots of players were asking how to run again and had to be told it was the new weight restriction.

Could only carry 3-4 magazines for my MX which most hardcore players will defend I'm sure.

Scope sway is more hideous than before.  Kinda of a downer actually.  You'll have to be a lot more patient this time around. So run and dive behind that rock wall, then wait 3 minutes before doing any targeting. Bring some snacks to consume while waiting.

• Like 1

one thing that really bugs me, and it's only partly related, is the fact that you (still? not sure anymore since i feel this changed a few times) can not run downhill. it's beyond annoying.

yes i get it. "realism" forbids it because you could hurt yourself. but the moment you get fired upon it gets revealed how blind that logic is. in game design, and yes this is a game, sometimes one has to pick the lesser of two "evils". can we live with the lack of "simulation" of the breaking of ankles rather than stupidly being forced to walk downhill while being fired upon? should be a no brainer, if you ask me.

these are the things that cause immense disconnect to your avatar in addition to all those ancient anim "bugs" like automatically taking out your launcher when picking up a rocket because it gets auto loaded into your weapon which then makes you stand up because this game doesn't allow you to prone without putting your launcher on your back. god forbid you just couldn't fire when proning with your launcher...

sorry for being so annoyed but i felt excited for a second when i saw that the indicator knew i was going uphill. but that excitement quickly turned into annoyance when i realised that the game still isn't able to distinguish between uphill and downhill properly.

• Like 3

About running downhill. A sorta workaround is to run slightly to the side at the same time. So run down the hill at an angle. Same is true for uphill.

IIRC OFP had the same "problem".

Well, I´d say the new system is more realistic. Atleast based on my personal experience with real firearm combat drills. Plate carrier + helmet + full combat load + additional gear really slows you down irl. Even to the point that you can´t sprint anymore or only for short distances.

The new system really takes one notch of the pace of the combat and actually moves it imo to a more realistic level. However... not sure yet if this makes arma more enjoyable or not.

Not being able to carry insane loadouts removes one-man-army style loadouts and forces players to distribute gear and really work as a team. Also, firing from a standing position with anything more than a assault rifile after sprinting would include dealing with considerable sway irl. This forces players to move from a good shooting position to the next. Instead of just running and shooting as per the old system.

Also, I belive people have been spoiled by the old sprinting system and consider sprinting as something you can do for long distances. If you go into the Arsenal and run around you´ll see that sprinting is ~18 km/h, and running ~ 11 km/h. Which is fairly realistic speeds. Jogging is the way to get a round irl. Sprinting cannot usually be maintained for more than 50 m with gear. 

But as I said, this is still a game and should be enjoyable (means different things to every player). Arma is hard as it is, so atleast they could have made stamina something that is optional and easily enforced by the server or not.

Also, I belive people have been spoiled by the old sprinting system and consider sprinting as something you can do for long distances. If you go into the Arsenal and run around you´ll see that sprinting is ~18 km/h, and running ~ 11 km/h. Which is fairly realistic speeds. Jogging is the way to get a round irl. Sprinting cannot usually be maintained for more than 50 m with gear.

They're not spoiled by the old sprinting system. The sprinting has been like this for looong time in Arma 3 (probably was already in beta). Or has it been like this since Arma 2 because I can't remember did you need to stop and rest to be able to sprint again? People are spoiled by that most of them disabled fatigue and now they want to do the same for the stamina. Even if you disabled fatigue you still couldn't sprint forever.

The new system is way more forgiving because there are no animation slowdowns.

New stamina basically made people who were satisfied with fatigue angry and people who weren't satisfied angry again because it needs to be tweaked/disabled again. I don't know who won.

solution to fatigue.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29897

Disables BIS exaggerated stamina effects.

- disabled fatigue

- disabled stamina

- enabled running with heavy weight

Guess the new system was a complete success *irony off*

• Like 2

They're not spoiled by the old sprinting system. The sprinting has been like this for looong time in Arma 3 (probably was already in beta). Or has it been like this since Arma 2 because I can't remember did you need to stop and rest to be able to sprint again? People are spoiled by that most of them disabled fatigue and now they want to do the same for the stamina. Even if you disabled fatigue you still couldn't sprint forever.

The new system is way more forgiving because there are no animation slowdowns.

New stamina basically made people who were satisfied with fatigue angry and people who weren't satisfied angry again because it needs to be tweaked/disabled again. I don't know who won.

That's the problem, this is a no win situation. There are way too many gameplay styles out there to add this kind of restriction. If this new system was going to be added, it had to be a game setting that could be turned on or off , like the advanced flight model. I can't for the life of me understand why BI didn't make this optional. You shouldn't have to use scripts, or mods to fix your game after an update.

• Like 3

That's the problem, this is a no win situation. There are way too many gameplay styles out there to add this kind of restriction. If this new system was going to be added, it had to be a game setting that could be turned on or off , like the advanced flight model. I can't for the life of me understand why BI didn't make this optional. You shouldn't have to use scripts, or mods to fix your game after an update.

That is what s/b done in the first place !

Really sad they change core mechanics in the middle of a games life cycle. Even if it's more realistic now it doesn't fit my likes now which I had when I bought the game. Sadly I will quit the game until some changes come up.

Really sad they change core mechanics in the middle of a games life cycle. Even if it's more realistic now it doesn't fit my likes now which I had when I bought the game. Sadly I will quit the game until some changes come up.

I would encourage you to not quite the game, but instead use mods to fix the game. There are mods out the to eliminate the excessive sway, and disable the fatigue/stamina. While I hate that I have to use two mods to now fix the game I bought two years ago, I'm enjoying the game much more now without the fatigue/stamina. I didn't realize how much even the old fatigue system took away from the game until I started play without it after this update.   

How about a hotfix to fix the new sway and sounds being fucked?

Probably not possible, the sway is not really an "issue" and the sounds are not yet finalised and need more tweaking. Though, in my opinion audio and stamina changes should have been delayed a little bit longer, but then again, time is money ;)

I would encourage you to not quite the game, but instead use mods to fix the game. There are mods out the to eliminate the excessive sway, and disable the fatigue/stamina. While I hate that I have to use two mods to now fix the game I bought two years ago, I'm enjoying the game much more now without the fatigue/stamina. I didn't realize how much even the old fatigue system took away from the game until I started play without it after this update.

To be honest, it's ridiculous that you have to use mods to fix another one of BIS stuff ups.

I stopped making missions for this game because as we can see after 2 years, BIS still can't get the core stuff right and release it anyway to the detriment of all the players who have to f* around trying to repair the damage done.

No doubt as soon as fixes are found BIS will release next patch and break it again.

Very disappointing and destructive approach.

• Like 1