icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

Greed. It's an almost inevitable side-effect of paids mods. Perhaps some might understand why others on this forums and elsewhere are so hostile to paid mods.

Fear. It would be the end of the community as we know it.

Don't get me wrong. This is my hobby and I'm glad I do it for free for you guys. I just want the community to have memorable moments they experience on my islands.

But if someone is using my islands to gather substantial wealth (server donations, server slot reservations, ingame perks, monetize their streams/videos) that is a different matter.

• Like 12

Don't get me wrong. This is my hobby and I'm glad I do it for free for you guys. I just want the community to have memorable moments they experience on my islands.

But if someone is using my islands to gather substantial wealth (server donations, server slot reservations, ingame perks, monetize their streams/videos) that is a different matter.

I quite understand and admire your dedication. That's why I've donated in the past and whole-heartedly support all efforts to quash those who seek to profit from others modders' work.

Will you be making Lingor standalone from Panthera at any time?

Yes. In the making.

• Like 5

I'll release an update - one class has a wrong name and causes error notice while returning from the Editor or when loading an old save. Easily fixable :)

Is there a possibility you could release the easy fixable Lingor soon? I love playing this map with Pilgrimage.

Thanks

Not to be that "guy" But any ETA on the jungle sounds to be added?

Will do in a day or so.

I and other mission makers are looking forward to this release.

This map has always felt special.

Update: 3.0beta is out =)  ;)

Please report back ANY ISSUES encountered or bugs to squash.

well i got a few bugs for you here buddy. theyve probably already been reported but ill just say it anyway.

the default date/time/weather settings kill everyone in the game right when it starts. it took me so long to figure this shit out because i didnt know what was going on. it turns out that for some reason if you set "Overcast" to more than 0 percent it kills every unit in the game that isnt in a vehicle right when the mission starts. its weird though because i ran a mission at 50 percent overcast and it didnt kill people, but it definitely happens almost every single time theres any overcast sky.  guess the tropical storms in lingor are something fierce.  i take that back. it has to do with the year or something. i really dont know man this is tripping me out like crazy and only you can find the true cause. i just set it to 1982 with 0 overcast and everyone died, then set to 2017 with full overcast and nobody died, then i set it to 2011 with the default 5 percent overcast and everyone died, i set it for 1986 with no overcast and nobody died. for some reason we're losing men left and right to this invisible killer.

another small glitch i noticed is with helicopters. this also happens all the time on the "Nam" map. it might have to do with the tree objects. the glitch is this: when a helicopter is told to fly somewhere and land (or at least transport unload with or without invisible helipad) it will instead just start climbing in altitude forever. it just sits in place and keeps going up up up like a helium balloon until you cant see it anymore and its in outer space. ive seen this a few times but not as often as the Nam map.

one more thing i just remembered while typing. the miranda inn has a ton of problems inside. certain doors that in the original prefab would be stuck closed are now invisible/gone and you can see into the "rooms that dont exist" and therefore you can see through the building. since the interior of the "rooms that dont exist" dont have textures it looks as if youre floating and surrounded by invisible walls.

• Like 1

the default date/time/weather settings kill everyone in the game right when it starts. it took me so long to figure this shit out because i didnt know what was going on. it turns out that for some reason if you set "Overcast" to more than 0 percent it kills every unit in the game that isnt in a vehicle right when the mission starts. its weird though because i ran a mission at 50 percent overcast and it didnt kill people, but it definitely happens almost every single time theres any overcast sky.  guess the tropical storms in lingor are something fierce.  i take that back. it has to do with the year or something. i really dont know man this is tripping me out like crazy and only you can find the true cause. i just set it to 1982 with 0 overcast and everyone died, then set to 2017 with full overcast and nobody died, then i set it to 2011 with the default 5 percent overcast and everyone died, i set it for 1986 with no overcast and nobody died. for some reason we're losing men left and right to this invisible killer.

I used "this allowDamage false" for my soldier and I spawned in alive, but stuck in the free fall animation. This was in the singleplayer version of the 3d editor. Everything worked fine in the multiplayer 3d editor, and also the 2d editor.

The strange thing is I do remember it working a few times. Then after the first time I died instantly nothing I tried could get me to spawn in alive in the singleplayer 3d editor again. Restarting the game didn't make a difference. Or I remember wrong and the times it worked fine it was in the 3d multiplayer editor.

I've recently done some testing for Lighty's new Island Thunder 2 campaign and I can report the following issues:

- sparse grass: despite having Terrain set to High, there seems unusually little grass on the NE island 

- strangely quiet: no environmental effects, e.g. wind, waves, tropical insects, brushing foliage

- concrete foliage: there are a few (3-4?) large plants that provide atmosphere and concealment but their leaves are unassailable making navigating around them frustrating (doesn't seem realistic) and time-consuming (soon view them as obstacles). Is there any chance that you could make the leaves passable? Ideally passing through a leaf would slow you, not stop you. Better yet, it would trigger the sound of brushing foliage. Best yet, it would trigger a swishing animation. Imagine seeing moving leaf but no target...

Apart from this, its been awesome going back there in A3, somewhat akin to visiting an old friend!

Any Infos for 3.1 ? You said few days ago in a day or so since them nothing happends :(

Are you aware that IT days or Arma days are not using the regular 24h per day standards ? This also applies to minutes like in "it's a five minute job" or hour, "should be done in an hour".

The usual conversion table is to switch to the next time increment, or two.

Example: IT/ArmA "day" is refering to "week" or "month" for common people.

• Like 1

I'm updating several things for v3.1, not just a small config line fix... so that takes time :/ I'm super busy to complete Abramia v1.1 for Thursday's coop event. Release planned for tommorow, then it's time to update Lingor out of beta for A3.

• Like 9

Thank you so much for your work dude !

Both are amazing maps :wub:

New satellite image, refreshing vegetation, etc.

• Like 4

Will the next update fix the Insta death thing ib  ?

Be great to get Lingor back on rotation.

SJ

serjames: I'm not releasing island without that fix ;)

• Like 1

Will the next update fix the Insta death thing ib  ?

Be great to get Lingor back on rotation.

SJ

Just as a heads up, you can change the date to 1987 and you won't die.  I have no idea why this works.

• Like 1

Just as a heads up, you can change the date to 1987 and you won't die.  I have no idea why this works.

And I have no idea how you found that out  :lol:

Just FYI: As long as you start inside of a vehicle, and don't try to use any watercraft, Lingor works just fine. I've been doing a special forces campaign on Lingor with mods and we haven't had any issues in 4 missions so far.