omg why in the world you guys release such wonderfull job without desktop icons (for the updater)?!?!?! what are you guys thinking? lol

here, took me 36 hours to make them... ahaha

Thx mith86arg ;)

It's AGM armour module, it's not compatible with alot of things, i suggest you stop using it, before they release are more stable/advanced version of it.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And vanilla stuff is not compatible with RHS as it is based on hitpoints damage system, not our realistic armor system

What's so special about your armor system? afaik its the same hitpoints, but you vehicle models consist of different materials(not vanilla ones), that have more hitpoints in them, and to penetrate them you need more powerful ammo, that's why you add aditional penetrator to ammo configs. Am i wrong?

It's AGM armour module, it's not compatible with alot of things, i suggest you stop using it, before they release are more stable/advanced version of it.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

What's so special about your armor system? afaik its the same hitpoints, but you vehicle models consist of different materials(not vanilla ones), that have more hitpoints in them, and to penetrate them you need more powerful ammo, that's why you add aditional penetrator to ammo configs. Am i wrong?

Yup, you got it wrong way. Additional penetrator is there because missiles/rockets with caliber param could go through obstacles instead exploding on impact. That is why standard caliber value is used on rockets & upon impact new shell is created which does whole penetration.

more info there: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-5-(UPDATED)&p=2807973&viewfull=1#post2807973

To expand what Reyhard said.

Our system have modeled realistic vehicle armor, and behind that armor in vehicle fire geometry, we have hitpoints, now what does it do.

For example if armor surface A have protection of ~800mm vs KE and KE projectile have penetration of only 500mm RHA, it won't go through armor model in vehicles fire geometry and will not affect hitpoints behind armor. So vehicle does not receive any damage to the specific components. However if armor surface B have protection vs KE of only ~450mm vs KE, then the same KE projectile will go through, will affect hitpoints, and what's more, can also kill crew disabling vehicle without killing the crew.

It's far more realistic, and it's all based on BIS sollutions and what Olds did with his RAM. The problem is tough, that vanilla vehicles do not use this system as our vehicles do, and what's worse, vanilla ammunition, completely ignores that system, it is because for example a vanilla 120mm APFSDS round will have a value "hit" in the config as for example hit = 500, and by such even if projectile won't penetrate the armor model in vehicle fire geometry, it will affect hitpoints behind it.

The value in cofig that affect the real penetration, is value called "calliber", so for example if calliber = 550 then projectile will penetrate 550mm of armor. If I am not mistaken.

Of course desirable would be to further develop this armor system, and it is still considered as WIP, we also closely cooperate with Olds and Bakerman.

The value in cofig that affect the real penetration, is value called "calliber", so for example if calliber = 550 then projectile will penetrate 550mm of armor. If I am not mistaken.

That's the part of the answer to this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188193-RHS-pentetration-system-config-help

In your configs i found some penetrators that contain hit aswell, not only calliber values, so now i'm kinda confused.

because rocket upon impact explode & does nothing against tank as it not penetrating armor. that hit value will do damage tho to bis & other light vehicles.

caliber determinate only whether shell goes through armor or not. it doesn't have anything to do with damage that it cause after penetration so hit value is needed there too

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Damage_Description

Also, with such system and a bit of work, you can for example create vurnability zones inside vehicles. In theory hitpoints can not only simulate for example engine, or turret drives, but also ammunition. You can place them inside vehicle in such a way, that even if projectile will pierce through armor, but wont hit a hitpoint, vehicle won't be affected.

This opens a lot of possibilities, we hopefully can eventually use in future.

And there's more, for example some vehicles, like Abrams, uses especially encased in steel cavities, fuel tanks, as additional protection for hull. We know how much protection fuel adds (70mm of fuel = 10mm RHA) so we can eventually calculate how much protection they would add.

If we already talking about penetration system. Do you have any plans on some AT weapons for US forces? MAAWS or SMAAW?

Yes, M3 MAAWS and Mk153 SMAAW are planned. ;)

However we can't say and promise when they will be ready, and for now US forces have still relatively good AT capabilities with M136 and FGM-148 Javelin.

In one of the broadcasts of the next beta I noticed you put In the M16A4 carry handle with grip, THANK YOU!!! really excited for this update now, thanks for all the hard work and effort you guys put Into this mod, It's greatly appreciated amongst the community.

Removing the armour.pbo files from AGM fixed the weak armour issue from earlier.

Thanks guys.

Tomorrow is Friday.. One can only hope this weekend is full of fun new content :P. Anyways.. Whenever I use rhs_faction_vdv I get messages saying there are no groups defined for this faction.. Will this be changed eventually?

Tomorrow is Friday.. One can only hope this weekend is full of fun new content :P. Anyways.. Whenever I use rhs_faction_vdv I get messages saying there are no groups defined for this faction.. Will this be changed eventually?

Do you use latest avaiable beta? There are groups for VDV.

Do you use latest avaiable beta? There are groups for VDV.

I thought I did. Oh well. I'll just wait to download Beta 2 instead of redownloading Beta 1.

I thought I did. Oh well. I'll just wait to download Beta 2 instead of redownloading Beta 1.

Yeah, it's the best idea. ;)

Is anybody else reporting that Play With Six pushed the RHS Beta 0.3.5.1 to people subscribed to RHS:Escalation? The people using PWS in our group are now on the beta and it's causing tons of errors such as floating humvees with weapons that do not fire, etc.

Is anybody else reporting that Play With Six pushed the RHS Beta 0.3.5.1 to people subscribed to RHS:Escalation? The people using PWS in our group are now on the beta and it's causing tons of errors such as floating humvees with weapons that do not fire, etc.

Cant you just roll back the versions using PWS? So everyone remains on 0.35 rather than 0.35.1?

no such thing as a beta anymore... if I understand. Just evolving versions.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

no such thing as a beta anymore... if I understand. Just evolving versions.

You say tomato, I say tomato... ( yeah, written this joke lose all of its attractive ).

;) I get ya...

Just amazing how the Interwebz spends a day arguing to get the latest and greatest onto PW6 then 48 hours later someone is complaining they DON'T Want the latest and greatest on PW6...

lol

SJ

will rhs team make 3d scopes for russian weapons? for pso and 1p29. 3d acog looks really cool.6_A5LbaOpuw.jpg

If Bohemia clears all the barriers we encountered, sure.

But in the current state, we have to see how far Mr. God himself (aka reyhard) can develop his idea.

Maybe for the Marksman DLC the BI guys will fancy supporting them...

Do you guys plan on doing a stream tonight? I keep looking at the previous streams in anticipation for Beta 2 :P.