Don't really like to ask too many questions however I must ask this.

Will you fine people be adding the CROW version of the RG33 etc..? Also CROW Humvees when they're done of course? 

AFAIK only the SOCOM 4*4 RG-33 is equipped with CROWS. And the AUV version.

So CROWS wont be on the M1232 RG-33L and M1237 RG-33L Plus

The current 4*4 RG-33s will be phased out of the mod completely, in time. Rather than adding CROWS to the current ones to make a SOCOM variant.

We want to replace them with other, more widely used MRAPs, built with better 3D models. The RG-33L represents the first stage of that, so you'll see that the older 4*4s are now hidden from the US Army faction to be superseded by the RG-33Ls, and only remain in USMC until there is a suitable replacement (the old classes can still be spawned for the time being though, so as not to break old missions).

This was all explained a long time ago, and has been why the RG-33 4*4s don't have basic things like proper textures (for the interior, lights etc.). The guys stopped updating the 4*4 model at least a year ago.

• Like 5

Quick question..is there anyway on the RHS website to be notified of when updates are out instead of coming here. Maybe a sign up with an automated email or something. I appreciate all the work RHS puts into these Mods for the community..brings the game to a whole new level.

Diesel

that`s kind if a shame about the  RG-33 4*4s i liked them, any chance off leaving them in as a GREF vehicle? 

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

AFAIK only the SOCOM 4*4 RG-33 is equipped with CROWS. And the AUV version.

So CROWS wont be on the M1232 RG-33L and M1237 RG-33L Plus

The current 4*4 RG-33s will be phased out of the mod completely, in time. Rather than adding CROWS to the current ones to make a SOCOM variant.

We want to replace them with other, more widely used MRAPs, built with better 3D models. The RG-33L represents the first stage of that, so you'll see that the older 4*4s are now hidden from the US Army faction to be superseded by the RG-33Ls, and only remain in USMC until there is a suitable replacement (the old classes can still be spawned for the time being though, so as not to break old missions).

This was all explained a long time ago, and has been why the RG-33 4*4s don't have basic things like proper textures (for the interior, lights etc.). The guys stopped updating the 4*4 model at least a year ago.

Cheers for clearing that up mate, now I don't have to ask any more questions on the MRAP ;) haha 

• Like 2

Yes ladies and gents, it looks as good in-game as it does in a modeling program.

20161222232230_1.jpg

• Like 25

I have a  question about Duke Electronic Warfare System ( antennas on abrams and vehicles ).

Is it working as it should at this moment?

Spoiler

As a matter of fact, yes DUKE system is working in newest version. ;)

• Like 5

What does it do in-game? Just prevent remote bombs from detonating, or does it have other functions?

• Like 1

Remember that DUKE need to be activated - on IFVs & Tanks action is available as counter measure for commander - you have to change CM to next mode (ctrl+c by default) and you would have duke weapon. fire it once with CM key (C by default) and it should be activated now.

Duke is available in 0.4.1.1 too

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

What does it do in-game? Just prevent remote bombs from detonating, or does it have other functions?

it also disturb radio comms (only TFAR radio is supported now) for infantry nearby

• Like 6

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

it also disturb radio comms (only TFAR radio is supported now) for infantry nearby

Wow. Does it take sides into account, or does it jam all radio comms in range?

If it jams everything then that would explain a lot... Hahaha. During one of our last missions we went to the other side of a bridge and I was slightly annoyed at my team leader not listening to me or going AFK without any warning, but turns out it was my DUKE all along...

I believe RHS have release now, because Steam is down... :don11:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all the RHS devs! You are the best!

I can not wait anymore, I hope Santa bring me some new AFRF and GREF stuff. Hahaha :)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, arkhir said:

Wow. Does it take sides into account, or does it jam all radio comms in range?

If it jams everything then that would explain a lot... Hahaha. During one of our last missions we went to the other side of a bridge and I was slightly annoyed at my team leader not listening to me or going AFK without any warning, but turns out it was my DUKE all along...

Yes it jams friendly comms as well.

In fact I think it was reading accounts of the problems caused by Counter-IED ECM in Iraq and Afghanistan, disrupting comms between friendly forces operating nearby; that made reyhard interested in trying to include radio jamming as a feature of the RHS DUKE system.

• Like 4

Will DUKE interfere with ACRE radios? or is that not planned.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 3:40 PM, PuFu said:

does anyone here actually think we are sitting on the update and we don't release it because we are a bunch of assholes, or rather because there is still stuff to polish /fix /improve

here ^

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, PuFu said:

here ^

Are we really taking bets on that?

:huh2:

Because if we are, I'm all in on there being at least one.

:ftvsmilie1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sargken said:

Will DUKE interfere with ACRE radios? or is that not planned.

I use TFAR mainly & I couldn't find any function in ACRE API responsible for signal strength manipulation so if there is someone to lend a hand here then I'm waiting for any hints there ;)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, reyhard said:

I use TFAR mainly & I couldn't find any function in ACRE API responsible for signal strength manipulation so if there is someone to lend a hand here then I'm waiting for any hints there ;)

(hmmm... brb)

Had a conversation with Snippers (he's a nice guy) on the ACRE team. There are some limitations currently of the rather obvious, technical type. We will get it sorted as soon as we can though.

:drinking2:

• Like 6

So, how does one go about using DUKES, and what Explosives/Detonators is it compatible with for Zeus usage?

Unit tried to get it working with no luck.  Did not seem to be effective against TFAR radio transmissions or against Vanilla or ACE explosives using Cellphones or radio detonators.

Are there config parameters that need to be set or RHS modules that need to be placed?

9 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

So, how does one go about using DUKES, and what Explosives/Detonators is it compatible with for Zeus usage?

Unit tried to get it working with no luck.  Did not seem to be effective against TFAR radio transmissions or against Vanilla or ACE explosives using Cellphones or radio detonators.

Are there config parameters that need to be set or RHS modules that need to be placed?

do you have "duke is now activated" hint?