2 hours ago, LSValmont said:

PS: If you can please test them on Dedicated servers... I can only do hosted right now.

Lucky for you I have a private dedicated and a full blown live server 😉 

Message me on Discord sometime and I can get you setup for testing 🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the Ravage mission I'm working on, I clear the map between two waves using -

{
if (!isPlayer _x) then {
    deleteVehicle _x;
};
} forEach allunits;

That removes all units (including zombies) from the map. But after I use that once, zombies and bandits stop spawning. Does anyone know why? I thought it might just take some time, but I waited for over 5 minutes and nothing. Thx.

EDIT Renegades and pats are showing up, not zombies.

DOUBLE EDIT Ok, everything is working. I must have done something stupid cool.

With this kind of issue, and the answer...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T158159

you probably need to pay attention, using allUnits or allGroups.
try:
{deleteVehicle _x } forEach (allunits select {_x isKindOf "CAManBase"});
A player can't be deleted, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, HereIsJones said:

zombies and bandits stop spawning

Sounds like you got it working but just for discussion I'll toss this out there: I *think* the way that AI patrols work is, they are triggered by proximity to a named map location (usually a city). So if you delete them or kill them, you'd have to exit the trigger area, then re-enter it for them to respawn.

I don't think there's a way, in Arma, to manually fire a trigger without meeting its activation condition. But something I've done before is to teleport myself away from the city, then back to it. That usually works to give me another wave of AI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To "manually" fire a trigger you can add a condition like:

!isNil "blahblah" && (usual condition)

then, when you want:

blahblah = TRUE

on act. don't forget to blahblah = nil; for resetting this possibility.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, pierremgi said:

you can add a condition

You can programmatically add a condition to a trigger?

At any rate, I was only guessing that Ravage uses triggers to spawn AI. We'd have to ask Haleks to confirm that. If that's the way it works, you'd also need a reference to the trigger in order to modify its condition.

I'm pretty sure that ambient zombies don't use triggers. They appear to be spawned from a continuously running loop that checks for structures in range. The reason I suspect that is, there's a global variable "canspawnzeds" that can be updated to turn them off.

7 hours ago, ernave said:

At any rate, I was only guessing that Ravage uses triggers to spawn AI. We'd have to ask Haleks to confirm that. If that's the way it works, you'd also need a reference to the trigger in order to modify its condition.

I'm pretty sure that ambient zombies don't use triggers. They appear to be spawned from a continuously running loop that checks for structures in range. The reason I suspect that is, there's a global variable "canspawnzeds" that can be updated to turn them off.

1 - yes, you can add/drastically modify  a condition to a trigger with setTriggerActivation (changing preset condition) &&/or  setTriggerStatements.(adding a condition)

2 - you need to "target" the due trigger(s). If you don't know their names, or if they don't have one, you need to sort them by any mean. that can be a string in the condition, statement, preset activation...

3 - I'm not playing ravage but I'm rather sure that units spawn with modules. You can try to identify modules or logics while in game, with allMissionObjects "emptyDetector"  and allMissionObjects "logic". Then apply and select are your friends to determine those you are searching.

• Like 1

Just loaded up EDEN + SOGPF + RAVAGE only.

ADD Tunnel module

ADD Ravage modules

Set DEAD RISING ON

Test mission

Enter tunnel... bam bam.. bam bam... OMG what the hell?! Who are those guys getting up!?!

I need to think about this more with a COOP theme... Tunnels + RAVAGE + Dead RISING ... GTFO!!!!

EVERYBODY NEEDS to d/l the SOGPF compatibility mod NOW or buy the cDLC!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 5/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, ernave said:

Indeed, AI are spawned from triggers (while zeds are spawned from a script); but those triggers have random names and aren't stored anywhere (unlike the radiation triggers, which are saved in the "radmap" variable - iirc). Another - and maybe simpler - approach to this, would be to detect all triggers the player is in, save their positions, move them far way for a few seconds (most triggers have timers), and then teleport them back to their original positions. It should "restart" them.

14 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Were you able to test them @haleks?

Not yet buddy, I'm away from my computer at the moment. I should be back at it in a week or so. ;) 

• Like 1

Hiya, If you want some authentic VC zombie action, I added S.O.G Prairie Fire uniform classnames to that wee collection I created a while back, just copy/paste the array into the Ambient Zombie module... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qf4alrw0baz0nou/AAAk316zp0fo5bmN8WYydynca?dl=0 :rthumb:

@haleks Regarding Prairie Fire, is there any way of filtering out what zed/renegade heads spawn, would be neat just to have Asian zeds/renegades spawn on Cam Lao Nam, PKL etc. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EO said:

Regarding Prairie Fire, is there any way of filtering out what zed/renegade heads spawn, would be neat just to have Asian zeds/renegades spawn on Cam Lao Nam, PKL etc. :icon_biggrin: 

Use the InitEH in the zombie module. Use this code.

[(_this # 0), selectRandom ['Face_01', 'Face_02', 'Face_03', 'Face_04']] remoteExec ['setFace', 0, true];

You have to pick the face classnames you want to use. It will still sometimes spawn random Ravage faces, but it will favor the faces you list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, just trying to get the ambient chatter script to work in my mission with units I've placed down. How exactly is it called? Do I have to copy all the relevant chatter scripts to my mission folder, or can it just be called if the player has Ravage installed?

Here's what I'm using in the unit's init field: execVM "ambientChat.sqf"; (group _myUnit) spawn rvg_fnc_ambientChat; (for context I've moved a copy of the ambientChat.sqf to my mission folder to see if it would work that way and it doesn't seem to, hence why it's called like that)

6 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Hey guys, just trying to get the ambient chatter script to work in my mission with units I've placed down. How exactly is it called? Do I have to copy all the relevant chatter scripts to my mission folder, or can it just be called if the player has Ravage installed?

Here's what I'm using in the unit's init field: execVM "ambientChat.sqf"; (group _myUnit) spawn rvg_fnc_ambientChat; (for context I've moved a copy of the ambientChat.sqf to my mission folder to see if it would work that way and it doesn't seem to, hence why it's called like that)

No need to copy the script, but to make sure it's properly initialised before spawning the ambientChat function, it's better to compile & call it :

call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "\ravage\code\scripts\mission\ambientChat.sqf";
_group spawn rvg_fnc_ambientChat;

Note that the ambient chatter only works in "safe" & "careless" behaviours. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, I see! Thanks a lot Haleks, I'll add that in. Thanks for the note on "safe" behaviours too. I did see "careless" was mentioned in one of the files but I wasn't sure if it worked for the "safe" behaviour as well. It's going to add some nice ambience to my squads that roam the safe areas, or groups of people standing around and bring some realism to the mission.

• Like 1

I just thought about it. I'm not sure I can tell what race the zombies in Ravage are. They all kind of look the same. That sounds bad, doesn't it?

• Like 1

Strange, the ambient chat script giving me an "error: missing ;". Where exactly do I put the code? I was putting it in the unit's init, then tried the description file of the mission but no dice. Apologies, I've never been good with Arma 3 code.

So we all just gonna sit here and act like Armaholic being shut down is no big deal? 

Armaholic, Gone...?

I can’t believe it, it’s a piece of Arma history that’s now gone. All those scripts, knowledge, all of my good friend George Floros’ work... 

Damn. 

:sulk:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

@haleks Hey, boss? how does the food and water systems work? I wanna build a Milsim mission; Horror vs modern US Military. And I just wanted to ask how the survival module works and what do you eat? ACE3 MREs and Canteens for drinking?

9 hours ago, EO said:

@Sierra-G339 'Digger' 

The Survival Module is generally linked to items spawned by the Loot Module. There's a couple of useful pages in the Ravage Wiki with some basic info on how Ravage deals with food/water.

https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Food

https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Water

Well the Map I'm using is Tria. you really gotta scrape the barrel for supplies. so I'll just put a few sheep in or something...
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2044102927

30 minutes ago, Sierra-G339 'Digger' said:

Well the Map I'm using is Tria. you really gotta scrape the barrel for supplies. so I'll just put a few sheep in or something...

Zombies kill sheep! Use chickens instead. Don't ask how I know.

Does anyone have a basic black and white Ravage logo?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HereIsJones said:

Zombies kill sheep! Use chickens instead. Don't ask how I know.

Does anyone have a basic black and white Ravage logo?

How said the zombies would touch the sheep? I literally just showed off the base I'm using! LMFAO

A new Ravage mission, documenting the "last day" on Altis and a possible origin story for the ubiquitous "Lone Survivor".

[SP] Ravage | 1Z10

I've tested it multiple times, but feel free to let me know if you find an issue.

• Like 5