Oh I do know this mod, but it hasn't been updated in a while... I might get in touch with the author, if he still active.

Regarding the update : the battery system is on hold for now. It's going to be a bit more complicated than I thought, and I'm dealing with a couple of bugs that are driving me crazy right now.

Anyway, it shouldn't be too long before I update, meanwhile here's the changelog :

Tweaked :
Improved survivability of cars driven by the AI (cancelled collision damages when far from the player).
Improved Geiger counters feedback.
Tweaked Radiation function.
Minor tweaks to zombie behaviour.

Fixed :
"Hold Fire" override function for nearby zombies not triggering on editor-placed AI units.
New Damage handling sometimes failling to cancel the "forced walk" animation when injured.
Various Arma3 uniforms were restricted to one faction/side only.
Wrong values assigned to the sleep menu slider.
Radiation exposure rate.
[RHS] Wrong AK variants being used by the loot tables.

New :
Player can now attach any chemlight to himself by double-clicking on it in the inventory (requires Survival Module).
Provided that a Radiation module is placed, low-grade food and drinks will be slightly irradiated.
Added empty containers : empty bottle & empty canteen.
Player can fill containers at various water sources.
Player can use empty cans to drink at wells.

The Radiation system has been modified to be more flexible and reliable : the intensity of the ambiant radioactivity will be tied to the size of the trigger.

This allows to create slighty irradiated areas or extremely harmfull zones. The rad exposure rate has also been tweaked to be a bit more forgiving - it doesn't mean the mod will be easier though!

At some point I will add extreme weather conditions, like radioactive rain... ;)

• Like 5

Regarding the update : the battery system is on hold for now. It's going to be a bit more complicated than I thought, and I'm dealing with a couple of bugs that are driving me crazy right now.

Ranwer's DSS mod has a working battery system for flash-lights/car batteries, I know he is a very approachable guy if your in need of bug squashing.

162B036BAF4933AC91513CFFBFBFD74EE012DEFF

• Like 1

hey haleks its great work you do i want reduce amount of zeds what should i do please tell

cheers 

Confirmed. Partly. Haven't tried sleping for 1 hour, but can confirm that sleeping for three actually sleeps for 4.

Same here - sleep "clock" isnt precise. I wanted to sleep for 6 hrs, slept for 8.

Oh I do know this mod, but it hasn't been updated in a while... I might get in touch with the author, if he still active.

Anyway, it shouldn't be too long before I update, meanwhile here's the changelog :

The Radiation system has been modified to be more flexible and reliable : the intensity of the ambiant radioactivity will be tied to the size of the trigger.

This allows to create slighty irradiated areas or extremely harmfull zones. The rad exposure rate has also been tweaked to be a bit more forgiving - it doesn't mean the mod will be easier though!

At some point I will add extreme weather conditions, like radioactive rain... ;)

Radioactive rain sounds very nice. :D The only counter for it should be seeking shelter in buildings if player doesnt have full protection suit and a gasmask.

You should eventually also add status effects from cold and heat (getting sick with HP drop - treated by meds and resting by fire for some time (sleeping 3-5 hrs?), and getting increased hydration and stamina loss due to prolonged exposure to sunny weather). Just an idea.

@Haleks

btw i m getting spammed by error messages regarding a "*Hold_fire_emergencies" or something more than often.

(maybe i ve noticed something about "line 20" ..but cant be sure)

(sorry i dont have screenshot program and i m using -nologs)

Thanks Giorgygr, this is most likely fixed on the current devBuild : I just played for 2 hours, and the logs aren't showing any script errors so far.

By the way, ACE3's magRepack feature works perfectly with Ravage items, they really did an awesome job. ;)

• Like 2

Hello Haleks,

Just droppin by to show my appreciation for your mod :)

• Like 2

By the way, ACE3's magRepack feature works perfectly with Ravage items, they really did an awesome job. ;)

:lol:   Tell me about it!

Dammit ..i m always playing ANYTHING with ACE (even Dora the Explorer) but there is always a moment

where medical system will *betray me.

(in my last game i got shot *hard and when i was bandaging myself..i just passed out beyond recover.

I dont know..maybe it was fair eventually)

I really wish you add *specific support for ACE..but i still want to see *upcoming features of this mod

...and you are STILL one person!  :unsure:

*added*

Hey..1 question plz.

maybe with the use of a userconfig .hpp file i could disable the "holster weapon" action that's

currently cluttering my action menu?? :blink:

Hey Haleks, I love the ravage mod, but I'm wondering if you can put a construction type module in the game(maybe Epoch style). I love the idea of setting up a base somewhere and then heading out to scavenge for supplies. I'm currently using Edn Fortifications with Ravage, but it would be nice if it has a few issues.. Having better survival system would also be awesome. Examples being hunting and what not. I would use your mod's spawn and atmosphere modules with RickB's Items for survival, but it ends up breaking the EDN Fortification's construction capabilities. I love the environment and atmosphere your mod provides. Just a bit of feedback.

Oh, and when I played your showcase mission, I panicked when zombies would sneak up on me.

EDIT: Okay, I tried using EDN, RickB, and Ravage together, and they seem to be working properly. Still think it would be great to have an integrated building module. I use Ravage for the Atmosphere, AI spawning, and vehicle Spawning. Now, does anyone know a good winteresque map that has enterable buildings?

Ravage has been updated to v0132!

changelog :

Tweaked :
Improved survivability of cars driven by the AI (cancelled collision damages when far from the player).
Improved Geiger counters feedback.
Tweaked Radiation function.
Minor tweaks to zombie behaviour.
Restored Rad Exposure limit.

Fixed :
"Hold Fire" override function for nearby zombies not triggering on editor-placed AI units.
New Damage handling sometimes failling to cancel the "forced walk" animation when injured.
Various Arma3 uniforms were restricted to one faction/side only.
Wrong values assigned to the sleep menu slider.
Radiation exposure rate.
[RHS] Wrong AK variants being used by the loot tables.

New :
Player can now attach any chemlight to himself by double-clicking on it in the inventory (requires Survival Module).
Provided that a Radiation module is placed, low-grade food and drinks will be slightly irradiated.
Added empty containers : empty bottle & empty canteen.
Player can fill containers at various water sources.
Player can use empty cans to drink at wells.

@laurentyler : Yes, constructions are planned, but I don't have any ETA on that.

@giorgygr : I'll think about the userconfig option. ;)

• Like 8

nice Thanks Haleks...

Pc finally recovered so I can do some more testing...

Cheers!

• Like 1

Just tried this in the AM and wow, great!  Keep up the great work man.  So much fun and potential!

• Like 1

Hey Haleks, another couple questions. Is there any way I can modify the loot tables for what can spawn in boxes? Also, is there any way to change the model of the box? Those massive bags and luggage stacks get in the way. The reason I want to modify the loot tables is because I want to change the amount of Trash spawns and add the crafting parts for EDN Fortifications.

EDIT: Oh, and is there a way for me to place exactly where the radiation zones are? I don't want radiation in the cities, but I want the military bases or other specific places to be irradiated. Is there also a way for me to increase the amount of loot only in the irradiated areas but decrease it in non-irradiated areas? Higher Risk, Higher Reward, you know? Example, Irradiate Pyrgos and the surrounding area, and have higher loot there, but lower amount of loot elsewhere that hasn't been irradiated. That way, I can simulate that the AI have picked over all the "Safe" areas, but are afraid to go into the irradiated areas.

btw there is something i ve noticed a while ago regarding PwS

While the mod is properly advertised as "Ravage" ..the actual mod folder is named @ravege.

It's totally a minor ..and it will bring some minor inconveniences trying to fix it but.. i had to bring it up as information

*added*

Hmm..is there some change regarding vehicles?

I resumed from previous versions save when i got a nice truck repaired..and now it seems like floating/sliding on terrain

-not able to move :/

Thanks Fox!

@giorgygr : Nope, no changes on the vehicles.

But I'd advise restarting a new game in any case - otherwise most of the new features won't kick in.

so...

ROADS mission update to V.0.0.2

changelog:

V0.0.2: release 11/23/2015

-"chemlight on player" now inclued in Ravage's functions since RAVAGE UPDATE  V0.1.3.2  - function deleted from mission files

- RAVAGE tutorials added

V0.0.1: release 11/20/2015

-first release.

GOOGLE drive and Armaholic links updated.... see ROADS thread 

(just give a try to V1.3.2... I found my first toolbox!!!!!!   ) ;)

KbPzs2.jpg
  • Like 3

Suggestion;

For the filter effects, maybe change it to the desaturated look when either infected or health gets lower? Loved the effects at first, but over time it hurts my eyes. I'm playing the demo mission that comes with the mod. Thanks

Suggestion;

For the filter effects, maybe change it to the desaturated look when either infected or health gets lower? Loved the effects at first, but over time it hurts my eyes. I'm playing the demo mission that comes with the mod. Thanks

Although i agree it's kinda *overdone for long time sessions-i hope you are aware you

have the option to disable the "color filter" (as it called) from the radio menu 0-0-0.

@Haleks

I think a form of "hunting" must be on a priority list (if you allow me)

Hydration isn't not such a big problem anymore with the introduction of empty bottles and fountains/wells

but (ie) i searched (almost entirely) 2 large villages without find any form of food.

Maybe i was just unlucky (like the memory error that crashed ArmA after 4 hours of unsaved game in the mentioned session :///  )

• Like 1

I think a form of "hunting" must be on a priority list (if you allow me)

Hydration isn't not such a big problem anymore with the introduction of empty bottles and fountains/wells

but (ie) i searched (almost entirely) 2 large villages without find any form of food.

Maybe i was just unlucky (like the memory error that crashed ArmA after 4 hours of unsaved game in the mentioned session :///  )

I completely agree. It's a massive PITA to try to find food. It just seems to never spawn.

ATM I'm having issues with the Radiation Module. Maybe it's because I forgot to copy the cba_enable_auto_xeh pbo over. We'll see.

EDIT: I think I may be being daft. It's tied to triggers, and the size of them. Do I need to synchronize the module with the triggers?

EDIT 2: Got it figured out due to pulling apart Haleks' mission. And I think I'm going to set it up so no matter where I am on the island, the radiation areas are triggered.

Although i agree it's kinda *overdone for long time sessions-i hope you are aware you

have the option to disable the "color filter" (as it called) from the radio menu 0-0-0.

ty sir, was not aware!

• Like 1

EDIT: I think I may be being daft. It's tied to triggers, and the size of them. Do I need to synchronize the module with the triggers?

Althought it's possible to manually place triggers, you don't need to : the module will generate random ones.

Just tried on Stratis and it works fine.

If you don't want to use the module, make sure your triggers are circular, and use this in their activation field :

0 = [thisTrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_playerRadiation

Haleks, I want to try to have the radiation on certain areas of the map, while having better loot in there. Explained better in the quote below.

I don't want radiation in the cities, but I want the military bases or other specific places to be irradiated. Is there also a way for me to increase the amount of loot only in the irradiated areas but decrease it in non-irradiated areas? Higher Risk, Higher Reward, you know? Example, Irradiate Pyrgos and the surrounding area, and have higher loot there, but lower amount of loot elsewhere that hasn't been irradiated. That way, I can simulate that the AI have picked over all the "Safe" areas, but are afraid to go into the irradiated areas.

Oh, and does anyone know a good snow map that is compatible with Ravage? I don't care if it's smaller.

Edit @ 2255 Hours: I just thought of something interesting. Can I use both the manual placement and on top of that the random placement for radiation via the module at the same time? I was thinking about making a mission on Esseker, and it would be interesting to have any military areas(if there are any) be irradiated, plus on top of that, random radiation elsewhere. That way, I only know where a few spots are, but I don't know where the rest are.

Haleks, 

Thanks for the update. Played it for a little while tonight. Didn't find anything wrong. The built in chemlight functionality is fantastic!!

And I'm trying it without ASR (or any AI enhancement for that matter), but haven't gotten into a fire fight yet...  oh well, I'm sure it won't be long..

Great work, and thanks again, :D

Fire