@rsoftokz Hmm... Setting the ammobox's cargo... What about putting the supplies directly in the trunk of the Hunter? Should be much easier to script. No need to spawn the ammoboxes and teleport them with the Hunter from the initial spawn. Should only require a few extra lines instead of requiring a separate script to teleport the boxes. I load the boxes into the MRAP with the logistics module of ACE, so it really won't be much different. In fact, it may make it easier.

Do zombies never stop following you? If that is the case, could you add some randomization, maybe like in rare cases they stop and walk to another direction?

@tortuosit Hmm... Not sure. I always have Zombies disabled, so I don't have to deal with them. I play as BluFor where Independents are hostile to OpFor. This is the primary version that I play. I also make a version where you are BluFor with Independents hostile to BluFor so you have a high chance of being shot.  I prefer to only deal with humans. I'd rather take being shot from 300 meters away than deal with zombies. At least I can always loot them. With zombies, I don't get anything in return and it scares the shit out of me when a zombie silently sneaks up behind me. And I'm not a big fan of Jump Scares. Trust me on this. I tried playing with zombies and hated every second of it.

• Like 1

Do zombies never stop following you? If that is the case, could you add some randomization, maybe like in rare cases they stop and walk to another direction?

yes they do stop following you....... eventually (With a few tips and tricks) and your randomization idea is one i may look into.

Heres some tips that i learnt through playing.

- Do NOT sprint all the time. Burst sprint is recommended. You never know when your stamina will be needed.

- Move through as many buildings and bushes as you can. Breaking line of sight helps. Bad Bensons Enhanced Movement is also helpful (Jump over wall and such)

- Try to stay quite as much as possible. Use crouch walk to move close by zeds and try to get your hands on a silencer asap (Kill lots of Opfor, Ind and (if your not so fussed about being lonely) Blufor)

- Dont try the big cities straight up. Many zeds and lots of corners. If your not looking over your back every 2 secs then you will be ambushed by zeds or humans

This is just a few tips. There is probably more, but im stuffed after work today.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Heh. As it stands, I'm still going to need a way to get the building supplies for EDN_Fortifications, and since I always start with a backpack, I'm thinking of modifying the backpack loot list so instead of spawning backpacks, it spawns the crafting materials.

Edit at 0400: AND done. I'm glad that I'm within the bounds of the Creative Commons License that you chose(CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).

Edit at 0428: I just want to mention a bug I found since the latest version BTW. I get errors relating to the Gasmask sound. I'll try my best to fix it. I think I might know the issue too.

Edit at 0536: I completely rewrote the gasmask code. By doing this, I managed to fix it. Gonna reduce the sleep timer since 5 seconds takes a little bit too long. When I say rewrote, I took the sound script from RickB's Gasmask and Contamination script.

I updated and I have all earned. There are a couple of suggestions and shortcomings which I would like to correct. 1. It survivors. They sometimes stop attacking and begin to stand still, and do not attack me, even when I shoot them. 2. Animations zombies. This is strange, but I understand that it is very difficult to do animation, but hitting a zombie, it weird. 3. machines. Almost all the cars quite simply broken! That's not cool! Well, at least sometimes necessary to throw a good machine that sucks though, but the ride can be, and do not move like a turtle without tires. And now wishes. The first is the loot. I would like to loot was in DayZ, not in the drawers and on the ground. But this is getting too difficult. Loot machines. Unfortunately, no, but it would be interesting to search the car. And bone fractures. It is of course well, very hard! Yet it would be interesting. Would. Well, that's it! )

As English isn't your first language, I'll spell it out.  You cannot be running a LEGAL copy of Arma3 on 1.48 .... therefore you are a pirate.   Shiver me timbers!

But I updated!)

RAVAGE V .0.1.3.2 : no issue with gasmask breath sound for me....

Haleks:

I tested the radiation effect (in the same time I checked for the eventuel breath sound issue )

I set a rad zone 200x200m.
I wear a gas mask, a protection suit and I step forward in the contamination aera.

the geiger counter climbs to 100 very fast 

heavy "grain visual effect" in the second....

I step backward and I get away from the aera (a few hundred meters.)
geiger counter still at 100 (fluctuating betwen 97 and 100 )

status radiation poisonous in Red, health status at "weak". still health status was 98, nutrition 77 and Hydration 64...

I have 3 box of pills, two complete and one already used.
after I took all the pills, nothing changed....

so ???  (I have no idea how it should works but I guess better than this.)

GbeUGy.jpg

Yeah, about that. I'm running a modified version of Ravage. Trying to debug this issue right now. Everything else is golden. Suffice to say, it's probably going to be past 0800 Uniform Time before this is fixed. Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What can you do?

Edit at 0813: It turns out that I was missing a brace in the config.cpp file. That was messing everything up. It works great now. Time to set up the init scripts and then PBO this sucker.

Haleks,

In the loot spawn module, is there any reason not to just select all the different types of ARMA buildings, or will it confuse the spawn tables?  I assumed that you listed different building resources in case you didn't want them to spawn in certain types of buildings, but wasn't sure that if I selected them all that there would be some type of problem.

I play primarily older and custom maps, and I'm not always sure where they got the buildings or how they set them up, so I've just been selecting all the building types, but I've noticed that not all spawn equipment/loot. For instance on Bornholm, the farm buildings (that I thought were from ARMA II) won't spawn loot.

Thanks,

Fire

BTW. In new ArmA version (now in ArmA dev) there is a stamina bar. Then you will know.

- Do NOT sprint all the time. Burst sprint is recommended. You never know when your stamina will be needed.

Lauren:

to play a sound, you need to have it in .ogg format in the "sounds" folder ( IE:  sound1.ogg )  AND configured in the sound class of the description.sqf of the mission.

class CfgSounds 
{
	sounds[] = {};

class Sound1 
	{
		name = "Sound1";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\Sound1.ogg", 0.2, 1.0};
		titles[] = {};
	};

@rsoftokz I actually fixed it.

Edit at 0813: It turns out that I was missing a brace in the config.cpp file. That was messing everything up. It works great now. Time to set up the init scripts and then PBO this sucker.

YAY!!

Haleks:

I tested the radiation effect (in the same time I checked for the eventuel breath sound issue )

I set a rad zone 200x200m.

I wear a gas mask, a protection suit and I step forward in the contamination aera.

the geiger counter climbs to 100 very fast 

heavy "grain visual effect" in the second....

I step backward and I get away from the aera (a few hundred meters.)

geiger counter still at 100 (fluctuating betwen 97 and 100 )

status radiation poisonous in Red, health status at "weak". still health status was 98, nutrition 77 and Hydration 64...

I have 3 box of pills, two complete and one already used.

after I took all the pills, nothing changed....

so ???  (I have no idea how it should works but I guess better than this.)

GbeUGy.jpg

There's something weird going on...

I just made a small test mission in VR and ran across a 400m radioactive area without protection.

Once out of the zone, my exposure was only at 4 and antirads are definitely working on my end...

I will make a quick repro mission and upload it for everyone to try, I would love more feedback on this matter.

Okay so here's a quick test mission for the Radiations : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8J1S463UMFqbkZqMUxlZlVPaVE/view?usp=sharing

Anyone willing to help, just launch the mission (either in Editor or from the Scenarios) and walk across the radiation trigger at default pace. The Geiger is ON at mission start, and you have Antirad pills to make sure they work (keep in mind that the effect is progressive, it's best to try them once out of the radioactive zone).

My Rad.Exposure once out was at 2, taking pills reduced it to 0.

Feel free to share your results!

Okay so here's a quick test mission for the Radiations : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8J1S463UMFqbkZqMUxlZlVPaVE/view?usp=sharing

Anyone willing to help, just launch the mission (either in Editor or from the Scenarios) and walk across the radiation trigger at default pace. The Geiger is ON at mission start, and you have Antirad pills to make sure they work (keep in mind that the effect is progressive, it's best to try them once out of the radioactive zone).

My Rad.Exposure once out was at 2, taking pills reduced it to 0.

Feel free to share your results!

I'll help you out. Getting the mission and dropping it into my missions folder now.

Update: I got the exact same result.

Second Update: Stood in the middle in full radioprotectant gear, zero radiation what so ever.

Update: I got the exact same result.

Thanks, if more people can confirm that, rsoftokz's issue must be lying elsewhere...

rsoftokz, are you sure the area was clear of other radioactive zones? If they overlap, the effects will cumulate.

Feel free to send me your test mission so I can have a look.

Haleks, the mission is on Google Drive in his post asking for testers. I'll overlap them and see what happens. 

Edit: I just created a Chernobyl Reactor #4 type setup. 7 concentric rings, getting smaller as it gets closer in.

Hmm... Even with the Reactor #4 Setup, it still did the same thing.

Keep in mind that the rad intensity depends on the trigger size! ;)

Test mission.......mods used @Ravage @CBA......

Before rad pills

F4CFD901D46BB8955E5D4AA87FE47B0C551F34A6

After Rad pills 

95E9DA4F0E95FEBC00F00FB59C89DCEE3F11ED25

@rsoftokz

haleks indicated he removed all of the "on" lamps from the config in order to create the apocolyptic feel. So based on that, switching lamp posts on/off probably will not work. But who knows, I'll give it a shot next chance I get.

@laurentyler

I utilize the portable light sets for light in my missions. They are not placeable in the editor, but you can easily spawn them in a script or with a game logic.

myLight = createVehicle ["Land_PortableLight_Double_F", getPosATL LOGIC_LIGHT_1, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
myLight2 = createVehicle ["Land_PortableLight_Single_F", getPosATL LOGIC_LIGHT2, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
You can then use setDir, setVectorDir, setVectorDirAndUp, etc to manipulate the direction of the floodlights.

Also, based on your question about having objects spawn around you, another option you can use is to place the crates/vehicles in game then create a small function:

[] spawn {
    waitUntil {time > 0};
    _cratePos1 = [player, 30,10] call BIS_fnc_relPos; //get the position 10m at 30 deg from player
    _carPos1 = [player, 100, 10] call BIS_fnc_relPos; //get the position 10m at 100 deg from player
    myCrate setPos _cratePos1;
    myVic setPos _carPos1;
};
Plenty of room for improvement, but is a basic example.

(Note I'm writing this away from my computer so I apologize if there are any script errors.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that the rad intensity depends on the trigger size! ;)

Does it get larger when the trigger is smaller, or is it the opposite?

The opposite : the bigger the trigger, the strongest the rate when near the center.

Thread is moving fast today.....test mission results on page 51......

Also, based on your question about having objects spawn around you, another option you can use is to place the crates/vehicles in game then create a small function:

[] spawn {
    waitUntil {time > 0};
    _cratePos1 = [player, 30,10] call BIS_fnc_relPos; //get the position 10m at 30 deg from player
    _carPos1 = [player, 100, 10] call BIS_fnc_relPos; //get the position 10m at 100 deg from player
    myCrate setPos _cratePos1;
    myVic setPos _carPos1;
};
Plenty of room for improvement, but is a basic example.

(Note I'm writing this away from my computer so I apologize if there are any script errors.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

To expand on that, I think this neat little function by Larrow would be pretty usefull : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184456-looting-trash-piles-bins/#entry2908827