New :

Player can now attach any chemlight to himself by double-clicking on it in the inventory (requires Survival Module).

:)  :P  :D  :lol:

great!!! 

so I'll have to delete all of the work done on my mission (but it will be lighter this way and the way I did it wasn't 100% satisfying anyway...)

I was working on another Idea but it seems BI haven't fix yet the animals behavior in the last release, have they ?

:huh:

so for now, "SAM" will not be a part of Ravage (I can spawm SAM but it won't obey to orders....)

here is SAM

3RtoE2.jpg

so I'll have to wait for a moment....

work on progress about something to come soon (I hope )

ATK4bs.jpg

KBpigN.jpg

mission:            SP

map:                 Altis

MOD required: RAVAGE 

recommanded Mods: @Incognito, @Mocap, @Tryck, @Mas (Nato/Russians SF weapons)

features:

-Ravage modules build SP survival mission 

-Ambiant SFX (dust storm) in addition of RAVAGE atmosphere modules

-Random starting points ( no  less than 14 aeras to spawn)

-Modified Altis map (buildings, places)

-SFX added to NVG (rare to find) to look like used and damaged

-...more and more.....

• Like 4

Good afternoon Haleks, a couple of quick points, sorry if they have been covered in earlier posts.....

Are the default values in the Ravage loot module the same as the values you use in the Ravage demo mission?

The recruitable survivors appear to have infinite ammo, if this is the case, what are the requirements to spawn a unit in the Editor and give him infinite ammo.....

A little story about last nights gameplay using ACE3 for the first time with Ravage......

My survivor recruit and I were pinned down in an industrial area against 5 bandits, we managed to cut 5 down to 2 before my comrade was killed...enraged, I managed to take out another, leaving just 1.....then something amazing happened......he surrendered! Of course i had no cable-ties so i couldn't restrain him, but it got me thinking IF i had cable-ties i could have restrain him, kept him prisoner and possibly use him as bait/decoy for another raid somewhere.....my twisted mind. :evil:  

Yup pretty much all default values are the same as the demo mission- with one or two small exceptions.

If you want your units to use infinite ammo, add this to their init field:

this addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];

@law-giver : thanks man!

I'm actually looking at the configs right now, it looks like Unlocked-Uniforms (as well as the configs in Ravage) needs a serious update!

I'll work on it tonight.

@rsoftokz : Yeah, I reckon dogs are the dumbest creatures in Arma right now - to my dismay!

Nice looking project by the way!

• Like 1

Quick update :

I might delay the update, actually.

I've been thinking about Radiations being a tad hardcore, especially for newcomers.

I don't want to make things easier by adding over-detailed feedback - radiations should be an insidious enemy - but I also think there is room for improvements.

The idea regarding radiations would be to make Geiger counters easier to find, but harder to use as they will need batteries.

So I will probably start working on it this week-end; it will most likely be something basic at first, and will be expanded upon later on.

If I can achieve what I have in mind, batteries would be required for Geiger counters, NVGs, GPS, RangeFinders and radios (and some rifle scopes, maybe)...

Should bring a whole new layer to the game. ;)

EDIT: by the way, all restricted uniforms issues when not using the demo mission are fixed (at least for vanilla uniforms).

• Like 4

@law-giver : thanks man!

I'm actually looking at the configs right now, it looks like Unlocked-Uniforms (as well as the configs in Ravage) needs a serious update!

I'll work on it tonight.

Hope you don't mind Haleks but i added the missing uniform to the list my end as i didn't want to miss out on any useful gear. Hope you don't mind mate, i notice your scripts say "don't bloody touch". ;)

Hope you can forgive me. :D

Quick update :

I might delay the update, actually.

I've been thinking about Radiations being a tad hardcore, especially for newcomers.

I don't want to make things easier by adding over-detailed feedback - radiations should be an insidious enemy - but I also think there is room for improvements.

The idea regarding radiations would be to make Geiger counters easier to find, but harder to use as they will need batteries.

So I will probably start working on it this week-end; it will most likely be something basic at first, and will expanded upon later on.

If I can achieve what I have in mind, batteries would be required for Geiger counters, NVGs, GPS, RangeFinders and radios (and some rifle scopes, maybe)...

Should bring a whole new layer to the game. ;)

EDIT: by the way, all restricted uniforms issues when not using the demo mission are fixed (at least for vanilla uniforms).

honestly i would prefer not to have to need another thing to make the in game stuff work (srsly, batteries?) but if you must id do batteries for the geiger counters only. also did you see my comment on page 45 about condensing the list of mods after i added the CUP terrains? 

@Haleks

200% agree with you for "Batteries requirement" for electronics use (that make sense and it is no more than the way survival is in Ravage...) it will improve the game.

in the mission I made, using your modules, the radiations are OFF on the module, so main part of the island is rad free. but there are a zone where rads are active (a simple trigger that call the radiations init)
maybe people might do the same on their own missions. this would help to test Ravage a little longer and still having zones with rads (and you can also do the same with zombies )

it seems I found a way to make the dog obey to some commands.

it attacks (and hurts )

seems to follow me too....

actually testing....

• Like 2

@Haleks

200% agree with you for "Batteries requirement" for electronics use (that make sense and it is no more than the way survival is in Ravage...) it will improve the game.

in the mission I made, using your modules, the radiations are OFF on the module, so main part of the island is rad free. but there are a zone where rads are active (a simple trigger that call the radiations init)

maybe people might do the same on their own missions. this would help to test Ravage a little longer and still having zones with rads (and you can also do the same with zombies )

it seems I found a way to make the dog obey to some commands.

it attacks (and hurts )

seems to follow me too....

actually testing....

i hope he at least gives the option to turn off the battery requirement in the init file.

Hope you don't mind Haleks but i added the missing uniform to the list my end as i didn't want to miss out on any useful gear. Hope you don't mind mate, i notice your scrips say "don't bloody touch". ;)

Hope you can forgive me. :D

No worries mate - I'm perfectly fine with private modifications!

It's actually the best way to learn. ;)

@Pandemic : I don't use the launcher, but you should be able to merge those folders.

Create a folder named "@CUP_TP" in your game directory.

Inside @CUP_TP, create a new folder named "addons".

Copy & paste all PBO files from CUP folders into "@CUP_TP >> addons".

• Like 2

@rsoftokz: I'm crossing my fingers you get the dog commands working. Good luck brother.

PS...

Please share your script with Haleks when you're done. There needs to be a chance for me to cry non-stop into my beer after losing my best friend in ALL Ravage missions.

• Like 1

I use a script found for Altis life... that is not actualy working fine...

I also take a look into Clay Dogs for Arma2......

trying to convert some command lines of the initial sqf with command lines from Clay Dogs.

I can share  scripts here if Haleks is ok with this. (but he has already worked on dogs in RAVAGE and wrote his own scripts)
I don't think it is something he might use as it is but it certainly give him some ideas and he will certainly upgrade all of this  (don't forget I'm absolutly new in scripting....)

to say the truth... the dog bites me once when I ordered to "attack" (I guess I need to tell him what side to attack  :P  :D  :lol: )

and  he really doesn't follow me if I run......

to say the truth... the dog bites me once when I ordered to "attack" (I guess I need to tell him what side to attack  :P  :D  :lol: )

and  he really doesn't follow me if I run......

Now that's funny! Sounds almost like real life!!  I can easily imagine have a side kick hanging out with me that basically hates me. Love it!

I'm telling you, someone at BIS needs to properly train them dogs!

• Like 3

No worries mate - I'm perfectly fine with private modifications!

It's actually the best way to learn. ;)

@Pandemic : I don't use the launcher, but you should be able to merge those folders.

Create a folder named "@CUP_TP" in your game directory.

Inside @CUP_TP, create a new folder named "addons".

Copy & paste all PBO files from CUP folders into "@CUP_TP >> addons".

seems simple enough. thx!  And by the way batteries? no. just no. or at least give the option to turn it off in the ini or init file plz.

edit: tried that and got this error: Data file too short 'C:SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma3\@CUP_Weapons\addons\cup_weapons_javelin.pbo'. Expected 7162202 B, got 6456671 B

now you have to find medics to heal, food to eat, water or sodas to drink, matches and paper to make fire... proprer ammos to load a weapon... toolkit to repair a vehicle... canister to syphon fuel....

so it make sense you'll need batteries to use NVG, Geiger counter and what ever need batteries in real life...

this is the purpose of mods like Ravage...... :huh:

• Like 3

Yep, need batteries.

You'll need them for the shock collars on the dogs also!!

• Like 1

seems simple enough. thx!  And by the way batteries? no. just no. or at least give the option to turn it off in the ini or init file plz.

edit: tried that and got this error: Data file too short 'C:SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma3\@CUP_Weapons\addons\cup_weapons_javelin.pbo'. Expected 7162202 B, got 6456671 B

I'm guessing you're putting CUP Weapons in with you CUP Terrains or something else, keep them separate as it will become a mess. Personally i keep all my folders separate. CUP issues should really be posted on the CUP section of this forum. ;)

Feel free to PM me and i'll try and help. I have CUP weapons and no such issues but i understand if this is all new to you mate. We've all been there at some point or other. ;)

If you PM me try and be specific as to what you've done or trying to do, the above is a little vague in what you're trying to do exactly. ;)

I'm guessing you're putting CUP Weapons in with you CUP Terrains or something else, keep them separate as it will become a mess. Personally i keep all my folders separate. CUP issues should really be posted on the CUP section of this forum. ;)

Feel free to PM me and i'll try and help. I have CUP weapons and no such issues but i understand if this is all new to you mate. We've all been there at some point or other. ;)

If you PM me try and be specific as to what you've done or trying to do, the above is a little vague in what you're trying to do exactly. ;)

nope. each of my CUP stuff is in a separate folder. Cup weapons has it's own: @CUP_Weapons.

edit: looks like the cup terrains has a few weapons files from one of the terrain addon folders. im going to try to delete those and see what happens.

now you have to find medics to heal, food to eat, water or sodas to drink, matches and paper to make fire... proprer ammos to load a weapon... toolkit to repair a vehicle... canister to syphon fuel....

so it make sense you'll need batteries to use NVG, Geiger counter and what ever need batteries in real life...

this is the purpose of mods like Ravage...... :huh:

well i dont support batteries cause id never find them just like i never seem to find food/water or a map on Altis unless i spawn them with the trainer i use. im just hoping he adds the ability to turn it off in the ini or init file.

well i dont support batteries cause id never find them just like i never seem to find food/water or a map on Altis unless i spawn them with the trainer i use.

You're not going to get any better playing like this, you know...

What's a "trainer" anyway? Some kind of script injector?

• Like 1

nope. each of my CUP stuff is in a separate folder. Cup weapons has it's own: @CUP_Weapons.

edit: looks like the cup terrains has a few weapons files from one of the terrain addon folders. im going to try to delete those and see what happens.

well i dont support batteries cause id never find them just like i never seem to find food/water or a map on Altis unless i spawn them with the trainer i use. im just hoping he adds the ability to turn it off in the ini or init file.

You wont find batteries right now. They're not configured to spawn at all.

Yes, its a cheat mode for single player. You can google it. They inject like cheats in other games.

Yes, its a cheat mode for single player. You can google it. They inject like cheats in other games.

Kinda defeats the object eh?  :unsure:

Been tinkering with Ravage and have added randomly spawning weapon cache's to Chernarus and Altis with some useful goodies. Something else to lookout for i guess. Was thinking of adding wrecked choppers with random weapons and/or ammo. Messing about in the editor to see what it plays like. Added fire and smoke to chopper wrecks.  :D

• Like 1

I played Ravage for hours now... and I always found what I need without cheating:

map: can be found into spawning loot or/and killed bandits (mostly here)... there are just some better places to look for than others (think "real life"... military places = lot of usefull assets )

and this is true for all what you need:

think "surival" too... keep all that you found about ammos, weaponery even ammos don't match with guns you found.

sooner or later you'll find a matching one.

if you begin  at morning time, forget to keep mats and tents, they take places you can use for more important things at the minute... you'll find some within the end of the day when needed.

all you have can be stored safe into a spawned abandonned vehicle (loot disappears when you are away from the place you found it....don't store into loot containers...)

you can go away and be back in a place you found with houses  again and again (some kind of cheating here) as loot will spawn /disappear on a loop and you'll find some items where there was nothing before ( we can assume people passed there when you were away and forgot some stuf...)

so batteries (when Haleks will make them spawning in the game, for now  there aren't)  will be found like the other stuff I guess....

• Like 1

I played Ravage for hours now... and I always found what I need without cheating:

map: can be found into spawning loot or/and killed bandits (mostly here)... there are just some better places to look for than others (think "real life"... military places = lot of usefull assets )

and this is true for all what you need:

think "surival" too... keep all that you found about ammos, weaponery even ammos don't match with guns you found.

sooner or later you'll find a matching one.

if you begin  at morning time, forget to keep mats and tents, they take places you can use for more important things at the minute... you'll find some within the end of the day when needed.

all you have can be stored safe into a spawned abandonned vehicle (loot disappears when you are away from the place you found it....don't store into loot containers...)

you can go away and be back in a place you found with houses  again and again (some kind of cheating here) as loot will spawn /disappear on a loop and you'll find some items where there was nothing before ( we can assume people passed there when you were away and forgot some stuf...)

so batteries (when Haleks will make them spawning in the game, for now  there aren't)  will be found like the other stuff I guess....

Yeah i've got custom crates so removed alot of stuff, it's not filling it with like 10 of everything but i'm a realism fan, all my mods used are to make the game harder, ie: @L_Align, L_ArmFatigue, UI_Corrections......the harder the better. You think how many weapons cache's are out there buried today, a f*ck load! ;)

They'll be hard to find as the spawn location of each one will be varied and % low. A rare find, not even i would know where they are. A bit of weapon candy wouldn't hurt the savage world of RAVAGE! :D

in Roads (mission I'm building for RAVAGE ), there will be some places with opponents..with better stuff than usual bandits (but a very few ones)
some "special" abandonned vehicles too (with a low % of chance to spawn  to make them "random" when you begin the mission....)

I had planed some custom crates too but they have been affected by Ravage module (see a few pages before this one ) so I found an another way to bypass the vehicles turned to crashed and empty  pieces of rusted metal

ROADS will start 28th December 2041.... at 5.10 AM... pitch dark in a cold devastated Altis.....
so , the "attached chemlight" will be helpfull I guess.....

and then..... you'll have to survive (first goal of the mission... there will be some others later, I just have to find how to make my ideas become real in the mission )....

I just sent the link of the very first version to Haleks, waiting for his comment and insight before I put the link here (or not ).

i never find them even though i look everywhere so since i play on single player i like to have fun so i just end up spawning most of my stuff. with the obvious exception of food and water.