@Haleks.

I want to try ARTEMIS from Rydygier.

the main player will be the hunted and I want the spawn bandits by your module (AI Ambiant) to act like the hunters.

here are the instructions given by Rydygier:

//Parameters:

//
//1. Hunter unit (object)
//2. Hunted unit(s) (array)
//3. Smell (positive number)
//4. Eyes sensitivity: [light factor,movement factor] (array of positive numbers)
//5. Loiter radius - unlimited, when 0. (number)
//6. Hunter's strike strength - multiplier of damage dealt by Hunter each strike (number)
//7. Hunter's min/max random placement radius from first hunted. Leave empty array to disable

[hunter1,[hunted1],3,[1.5,1.5],200,1,[60,150]] execVM "Artemis\ArtemisInit.sqf";

if I name the AI_Ambiant module "hunter1" and the main player (Player Commander) "hunted1"...and add this line in my init.sqf:

[hunter1,[hunted1],3,[1.5,1.5],800,1,[]] execVM "Artemis\ArtemisInit.sqf";

will ALL of the spawn bandits act like hunters?? (following the footprints player leaves behind him )

this can add more fun to the mission I'm making as I saw most of spawned AI are not very brave nor offensive (or there is a way to  make them act more offensive with Ravage settings and how can I play with those setting from missions files ??? )

@Haleks: I run Unlocked Uniforms as mod for a long time but there are some uniforms I can't access to (mostly on Massi's mods, east side) for several months.

I was looking  for an eventual update from your side... I saw Massi Updated his mods some times ago and one of the fixes was about "uniforms problems" ... not sure it is what we are talking about (there was an another issue about uniforms after the Arma III update to 1.52)

the question is: if I open an Arma III session for Ravage only with the few mods as possible, I don't need to add @Unlocked Uniforms so....?

Yeah I haven't updated Unlocked-Uniforms in a long time - and it currently doesn't support Massi's uniforms.

I will eventually work on it and add an optional file for Massi's.

But if you play Ravage with just a few addons, you shouldn't need it (check the list of supported mods in Unlocked-uniforms in the changelog, if need be).

@Haleks.

I want to try ARTEMIS from Rydygier.

the main player will be the hunted and I want the spawn bandits by your module (AI Ambiant) to act like the hunters.

here are the instructions given by Rydygier:

if I name the AI_Ambiant module "hunter1" and the main player (Player Commander) "hunted1"...and add this line in my init.sqf:

[hunter1,[hunted1],3,[1.5,1.5],800,1,[]] execVM "Artemis\ArtemisInit.sqf";

will ALL of the spawn bandits act like hunters?? (following the footprints player leaves behind him )

this can add more fun to the mission I'm making as I saw most of spawned AI are not very brave nor offensive (or there is a way to  make them act more offensive with Ravage settings and how can I play with those setting from missions files ??? )

Adding a script to spawned AI is going to be tricky - you will need to run a loop to detect if hostile units have been spawned and make them execute the script.

I'll write a basic example if I have time.

@Haleks

Just started a new game and i stayed within 75m approx of my spawn position, mainly due to being caught in crossfire with 2 bandit factions, anyway i killed a few bandits and checked my health only to realise i was dying of radiation, typical though, i picked up a Geiger counter LOL!

Any chance you can put a radiation free zone around spawn points for set period or distance? ;)

Two restarts and died twice from radiation poisoning! :(

Going to disable it until new update! :(

Yeah, depending on the terrain's configuration, radioactive zones might be sometimes close to each others. The system was written with Altis in mind, and probably behaves diffrently on Arma2 terrains (they're smaller, with less distances between locations. I do intend to debug the code regarding AiA/CUP islands - but I'm focussing on stability & features first. ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, both ASR & Bcombat should work nicely with Ravage. ;)

Given the small scale of firefights, they're perfect to improve the AI at no cost regarding performances.

Yeah, depending on the terrain's configuration, radioactive zones might be sometimes close to each others. The system was written with Altis in mind, and probably behaves diffrently on Arma2 terrains (they're smaller, with less distances between locations. I do intend to debug the code regarding AiA/CUP islands - but I'm focussing on stability & features first. ;)

I think i'll stick to Altis until you get round to it at a later date. It's still alot of fun on Cherno though. ;)

• Like 1

Haleks,

Rsoftokz gave me an idea with that Artemis comment.

What if there was a way to spawn a group of bandits whenever you set a tent, campfire, or sleeping bag that would start moving in your direction. It would also happen if you decide to implement base building. So that your'e never completely safe.

If you could do base building they would always constantly respawn. Different numbers and sometimes it would be days between any spawns. Sometimes more than one group may spawn and they would even fight themselves if they saw each other on the way.

With base buiding, if the player moves to another area and starts a new base, there should be some sort of "decay" on unused bases, that would stop bandits from hunting, and start going after the player where ever he is.

They would basically hunt the player, maybe with a chance to just head for where the tent, sleeping bag, camp fire, or base was constructed. They would give up and despawn after a random amount of time if they don't acquire LOS of the player or building where he camped. They would need to primarily hunt the player (maybe 85% chance so that they will also look for him if he's out on a run gathering resources.

Spawn would be random distance and direction from player.

If you are resting, they still move across the map while you are asleep. You could wake up in the morning and find the building that you camped in completely surrounded. - Now what? Shootout!!

I guess the whole thing would get started by a trigger covering the entire island that would look for you placing a certian object (tent, etc.). Then a random spawn for the bandits, but I'd be in over my head on all the "hunting" instincts.

I don't know, just a crazy idea.

Fire

Edit: Thinking that when the player moves out of the bandit spawn radius, thats when they would despawn. Sort of like: "the trail went cold".

• Like 1

I just go on the "Artemis" forum here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174752-artemis-hunting-instinct-ai-mod/#entry2737745

and it seems Artemis is made more for AI Animals than for AI humans (could be fun for zombies though)

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:57

#19 icon_share.png

Spawning&syncing modules during a mission should be possible, but recommended is in any case to do it only once. But note, it's animal-like AI. Applying it to humans is possible, but:

1) They'll act like smart animals lead by instincts, not like thinking humans, while humans are too slow to do it effectively;
2) Whole behavior is based on assumption, hunter will attack hunted only in melee. Any kind of distant attack available for the hunter makes whole behavior irrational. 

So I would not recommend using Artemis in such scenarios. Also because of:

3) Its pretty heavy scripting due to numerous, constant LOS checks if prey is tracked, while for described use is enough much simplier solutions like looped _unit doMove (position player). 

so I'll need something else to have a bandits team to hunt the player 

Well I do have vague plans regarding that : nothing's done yet, but basically, players will be able to set up their own camp/gang/colony.

Depending on the size of the camp (or number of recruited survivors affected to one camp), bandits could become aware of the new settlement and decide to pay a visit...

But those are just plans at the moment. ^^

• Like 2

Extract the @ folders to your arma 3 loacation, @CUP_Bukovina etc etc....... ;)

OK, I figured out why my Chernarus map wasnt working and why I had problems - I didnt extract @Terrain folder along with @Chernarus. Anyhow, I put your Chernarus.pbo into my mission folder, I started playing (and played for some time), died, and when I wanted to reload my save it gave me error that I cant play the mission because of missing content. Here's the screenshot of error:

qJGrEiE.png

What seems to be the problem, or you made pbo as such to "have a one life only" i.e. no save-load option?

Edit: I think I understand now what you mean - I need to extract all of those @CUP files from the terrain pack? I guess that's the case since this error is related to other files I didnt exctract (only Cherno). Dang, why is it connected? I only wanted Cherno map, but I guess it needs them all?

Edit 2: Yeah, it definitely fixed it. There was some error regarding door animation upon starting new game though. And I have a question regarding this mission - is it normal that you sometimes spawn in the middle of woods with no gear (i.e. no car and body to loot at first)?

Edit 2: Yeah, it definitely fixed it. There was some error regarding door animation upon starting new game though. And I have a question regarding this mission - is it normal that you sometimes spawn in the middle of woods with no gear (i.e. no car and body to loot at first)?

Law-giver is using the intro I scripted for Altis - wich isn't 100% reliable in the first place.

I'll try to come up with a random player spawn module for v0132 - should make it even simpler to emulate the demo mission on any map. ;)

OK, I figured out why my Chernarus map wasnt working and why I had problems - I didnt extract @Terrain folder along with @Chernarus. Anyhow, I put your Chernarus.pbo into my mission folder, I started playing (and played for some time), died, and when I wanted to reload my save it gave me error that I cant play the mission because of missing content. Here's the screenshot of error:

qJGrEiE.png

What seems to be the problem, or you made pbo as such to "have a one life only" i.e. no save-load option?

Edit: I think I understand now what you mean - I need to extract all of those @CUP files from the terrain pack? I guess that's the case since this error is related to other files I didnt exctract (only Cherno). Dang, why is it connected? I only wanted Cherno map, but I guess it needs them all?

You don't need them all, if you look at the image i posted a few pages back you'll see which ones you need. I load all the arma 2 ones but not the ones relating to ArmA1 etc. Unfortunately you have to load most of them because they're dependent on one another.  Then the error will go away and your saves will load fine! Nothing to do with RAVAGE!  ;)

I was playing Pilgrimage weeks back and my saves weren't loading and it took me days to figure it out, but i got there in the end. Trust me i've been were you are now with the errors and saves not working! Trial and error!  ;)

• Like 1

You don't need them all, if you look at the image i posted a few pages back you'll see which ones you need. I load all the arma 2 ones but not the ones relating to ArmA1 etc. Unfortunately you have to load most of them because they're dependent on one another.  Then the error will go away and your saves will load fine! Nothing to do with RAVAGE!  ;)

I was playing Pilgrimage weeks back and my saves weren't loading and it took me days to figure it out, but i got there in the end. Trust me i've been were you are now with the errors and saves not working! Trial and error!  ;)

Gave it a go (2.5hr play) - it's quite hard to be honest, the fact that I spawned with no weapons surrounded by bandits armed to the teeth. However, it's not just the 12 men raider patrols (one group of 8 and other of 4) but your radiation exposure values are quite high imho. I didnt stay long above Elektro and I got lethal dose quite fast which killed me. I managed to find some weapons off the dead bandits (killed by zeds) but radiation is a very problematic.

Gave it a go (2.5hr play) - it's quite hard to be honest, the fact that I spawned with no weapons surrounded by bandits armed to the teeth. However, it's not just the 12 men raider patrols (one group of 8 and other of 4) but your radiation exposure values are quite high imho. I didnt stay long above Elektro and I got lethal dose quite fast which killed me. I managed to find some weapons off the dead bandits (killed by zeds) but radiation is a very problematic.

Gis a second and i'll disable radiation and upload it. ;)

File and link removed as i'm constantly changing it, pm me if you want my own personal version. Sorry! ;)

Radiation disabled......I think lol! I edited from a text editor not the in game editor. LAZY! :D

It's not my radiation values, Haleks stated radiation is not written with Chernarus in mind, but he will at a later date. Beside's i only put it together as a mess about! ;)

I managed to stay alive a day on 2 occasions until i bailed due to updates. Chernarus is still a bit of fun even if RAVAGE is not written for it........YET! :D

I like to ambush the patrols if i can or draw them into a place of my choosing and kill them all......... :D

• Like 1

Updated several times so prob' yes. Google Reshade mate and look at the images or videos on youtube. It will answer all, in short improves the washed out colours of ArmA 3. I don't play ArmA2/3 without it!  ;)

does the updated cherno map have any missions or better loot spawning or is is harder to find gear? ( i use a trainer so i'm not worried about dying or running out of ammo)

does the updated cherno map have any missions or better loot spawning or is is harder to find gear? ( i use a trainer so i'm not worried about dying or running out of ammo)

It's RAVAGE but on Chernarus, yes it's challenging but slightly disadvantaged because radiation isn't properly implemented on Chernarus, so i've disabled it. There's no trouble finding loot, and you'll come across many bandits. I'm not touching Chernarus until Haleks implements radiation, kinda kills it for me.  :unsure:

It's RAVAGE but on Chernarus, yes it's challenging but slightly disadvantaged because radiation isn't properly implemented on Chernarus, so i've disabled it. There's no trouble finding loot, and you'll come across many bandits. I'm not touching Chernarus until Haleks implements radiation, kinda kills it for me, excuse the pun! :D

true. i spawned a tank so no issues getting gear and im not worried bout rads. (im invincible)  i actually have 5 other survivors with me (something that never happened on altis) I cant wait until we have altis and cherno as maps with missions and traders and all kinds of stuff. good joke though.

edit: is there any way to condense the mod list when i add the CUP terrains? this is what it tells me when i add it. it literally adds every folder. and when i play i need to have multiple activated which gets annoying. Is AiA TP better?LUptExq.png

• Like 1

It's RAVAGE but on Chernarus, yes it's challenging but slightly disadvantaged because radiation isn't properly implemented on Chernarus, so i've disabled it. There's no trouble finding loot, and you'll come across many bandits. I'm not touching Chernarus until Haleks implements radiation, kinda kills it for me.  :unsure:

Bad news mate - radiation is not disabled. :( Besides that, there is some bug where it reads 2 radiation exposures - switching between each other. One is holding at 100, the other one is rising 200+. These are taken at same time. Here are screenshots:

iSs9XlQ.jpg

63KtgQu.jpg

Bad news mate - radiation is not disabled. :( Besides that, there is some bug where it reads 2 radiation exposures - switching between each other. One is holding at 100, the other one is rising 200+. 

Chernarus is probably buggy anyway as Haleks is writting code for Altis so guess you'll have to put up with it for now. Here's proof that i've disabled via module, so unless there's a script that's switched it elsewhere then not much to do until Chernarus is officially supported.

class Item0
{
value="1"; <================== Survival enabled.
parentCls="Ravage_survival";
typeName="Survival_m";
};
class Item1
{
value="0"; <================== Radiation disabled.
parentCls="Ravage_survival";
typeName="Rad_m";
};

I'm not really bothered about Chernarus, as i'd rather Haleks focused on finishing Altis before worrying about ports to other islands. He's got enough to do as it is. But he may come and save the day and tell me i've fudged something again...... :D

@Haleks

I'm sure someone mentioned something similar to this, correct me if i'm wrong. I can't seem to pick up guerrilla clothing plain! Everything other clothing so far seems ok.  :unsure:

And don't forget to drink your coffee! :D

Will you be adding any more variations in loot crates/boxes/sacks? Just for example Box_NATO_Support_F or......?? Would be nice to have military crates instead of sacks at military bases/camps. And to mix it up a little, no biggie just a question. :)

Sometimes the [H] button isn't bringing up the tips menu, again no biggie, can't see [H] configured to anything else.  ;)

@Haleks

I'm sure someone mentioned something similar to this, correct me if i'm wrong. I can't seem to pick up guerrilla clothing plain! Everything other clothing so far seems ok.  :unsure:

And don't forget to drink your coffee! :D

Do you have a picture or the classname of the uniform? That would greatly help. ;)

By the way, about your Chernarus mission : you need to remove this line from the init.sqf:

execVM "\ravage\code\survival\rad_init.sqf";

There's also a trigger calling the rad function (located around Kavala in the original mission).

EDIT : I'm enjoying a cup right now! ;)

Do you have a picture or the classname of the uniform? That would greatly help. ;)

By the way, about your Chernarus mission : you need to remove this line from the init.sqf:

execVM "\ravage\code\survival\rad_init.sqf";

There's also a trigger calling the rad function (located around Kavala in the original mission).

EDIT : I'm enjoying a cup right now! ;)

I'll find the classname or do a picture in a bit, and thanks for the tips on the radiation, will sort it now. Enjoy the coffee, i'm about to have a hot chocolate. ;)

Okay so the update should be ready sometime this week-end; here's the current changelog :

Tweaked :
Improved survivability of cars driven by the AI (cancelled collision damages when far from the player).
Improved Geiger counters feedback.

Fixed :
"Hold Fire" override function for nearby zombies not triggering on editor-placed AI units.
New Damage handling sometimes failling to cancel the "forced walk" animation when injured.

New :
Player can now attach any chemlight to himself by double-clicking on it in the inventory (requires Survival Module).
Provided that a Radiation module is placed, low-grade food and drinks will be slightly irradiated.
Added empty containers : empty bottle & empty canteen.
Player can fill containers at various water sources.
Player can use empty cans to drink at wells.

I still have some bits to work on & fix, but I'm under the impression that some of the new features will be welcome by our fellow survivors. ^^

• Like 5

Sorry for the delay, friend popped round. Anyway here's Chernarus without radiation as per Haleks's instructions. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28136044/ravage_lg.chernarus.pbo

Ignore radiation signage around Chernogorsk, couldn't be bothered to remove them when no doubt i'll put them back, when Chernarus's radiation get the love and attention from Haleks. ;)

Nice to see water source filling implemented in upcoming update Haleks, very cool mate. ;)

http://wiki.7thcavalry.us/wiki/File:Arma3_clothing_guerilla_2_3.png   

Classname U_IG_Guerilla2_3  hope it helps ;)

Good afternoon Haleks, a couple of quick points, sorry if they have been covered in earlier posts.....

Are the default values in the Ravage loot module the same as the values you use in the Ravage demo mission?

The recruitable survivors appear to have infinite ammo, if this is the case, what are the requirements to spawn a unit in the Editor and give him infinite ammo.....

A little story about last nights gameplay using ACE3 for the first time with Ravage......

My survivor recruit and I were pinned down in an industrial area against 5 bandits, we managed to cut 5 down to 2 before my comrade was killed...enraged, I managed to take out another, leaving just 1.....then something amazing happened......he surrendered! Of course i had no cable-ties so i couldn't restrain him, but it got me thinking IF i had cable-ties i could have restrain him, kept him prisoner and possibly use him as bait/decoy for another raid somewhere.....my twisted mind. :evil:  

• Like 1