@chernaruski Vandeanson has already made a script for Ravage infection you can set the chance of getting infected/ and the probability of AI dropping injectors! Check it out! 🙂 

• Like 1

@chernaruski Also not sure if you read back a couple of pages, but Haleks has made a Patreon page, if you’re really digging his work and looking for more you should show him some support! :thumb: 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi. I was trying to force a bandit patrol to spawn using this (from the debug console):

[position player] spawn (selectRandom rvg_spawn_GROUPS);

And what seems to have happened is, it spawned them at the map's 0 - 0 position, instead of what normally happens, which is to spawn them nearby. Is there a way for me to do what I'm trying to do? Thanks.

q7LHh8D.png

Hello ... I have a problem ...

when I try to enter the mission ghost hunter appears:

rvg_missions \ rvg_sp \ rvgghost_hunters.Malden \ mission.sqm /

Mission / Entities / Item17.type Vehicle class Land_Destroyer_01_base_F no longer exist ...

Any ideas?

Hello fellow ravagers. I was curious as to if there was a way to black list certain building types to keep zombies from Spawning around them? Mainly asking because it seems that when using the zombie spawn module with Exile the amount of zombies that spawn around base the parts is overwhelming. (Hopefully, I'm asking this the right way.)

• Like 1

@Dyalgi AG I’d recommend restarting the mission, as it will most likely fix the issue.

@CrazyCorky if I remember correctly (not at my computer at the moment) there should be a blacklist list option where you should be able to pour the classnames into... though I could be wrong... If zombie spawn is overwhelming try playing with the values of the zombie module, or even try placing Zombie blacklist modules around the areas you’re seeking to blacklist as well... Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@CrazyCorky if I remember correctly (not at my computer at the moment) there should be a blacklist list option where you should be able to pour the classnames into... though I could be wrong... If zombie spawn is overwhelming try playing with the values of the zombie module, or even try placing Zombie blacklist modules around the areas you’re seeking to blacklist as well... Hope this helps! 

I know about the area blacklist but I was hoping to blacklist certain class name. I'll have to dig a bit. I've been tired the last few times I've looked.

2 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@Dyalgi AG  Recomiendo reiniciar la misión, ya que es muy probable que solucione el problema.

@CrazyCorky  si recuerdo correctamente (no en mi computadora en este momento) debería haber una opción de lista negra en la que debería poder verter los nombres de clase ... aunque podría estar equivocado ... Si el engendro de zombis es abrumador, intente jugar con los valores del módulo zombie, o incluso intente ubicar los módulos de la lista negra de Zombie alrededor de las áreas en las que está buscando la lista negra también ... ¡Espero que esto ayude! 

Thanks, but I'll explain ... It happens to me when starting a new mission

@Dyalgi AG: You're missing some files. Make sure you are using the latest version of Arma 3, and do a files integrity check with Steam.

If your copy of Arma 3 isn't legit, I can't help you though.

• Like 1

So usually when I script I just call with "execVM" But I've always noticed the "call compile preprocessfile" Function and I've heard that it separates threads better, and offers more stable performance... Is this true or should I stick to "execVM"?

Thanks all

Update: Viewed another topic on this, I think I got the differences now. :)

6 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

So usually when I script I just call with "execVM" But I've always noticed the "call compile preprocessfile" Function and I've heard that it separates threads better, and offers more stable performance... Is this true or should I stick to "execVM"?

Thanks all

Update: Viewed another topic on this, I think I got the differences now. 🙂

Can you share the link to that topic pls? 

I have started to change to this method aswell recently as I have seen it in otjer peoples scripts. 

Also I started to add functions like this:

fnc_TAG_fncname = compile preprocessedfilelinespreprocessFileLineNumbers "script.sqf";

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Can you share the link to that topic pls? 

Spoiler

They briefly browsed over the subject but in moderation and explained it well enough. :)  

I could be wrong but it seems to make certain scripts react faster, or be more responsive... What I got out of the topic was that the engine "pre-loads" the script hence the "preProcessFile" and basically can access it faster? I'm unsure as to what EXACTLY it does but that's what I got out of it.

Cheers! :rthumb:

• Like 2

Just wanted to gauge some feedback based on a little gameplay footage of my SIRENS mission, the premise being, a malevolent force has taken over the towns and villages of Altis, the distant wail of a siren brings out the dead, shrouding everything in a creeping fog, which sucks all life force from within. Headless entities roam the back streets and alleyways, Boss zeds patrol and protect the Siren source, it's the players objective to destroy the Siren sources and bring the life force back to Altis...

Spoiler

...clearly this is a failed attempt at the objective, but would this interest my fellow Ravagers??? (apologies for my shameless threadjack) 

edit: this is one of many ways to complete the objective...

Spoiler

• Like 5

On 2/25/2019 at 8:59 PM, chernaruski said:

@haleks if you still around and interested in continuing ravage mod dev , I have a few more recommendations :

1. Zombies dirty uniforms : the clothes do look better when they are covered with dirt and such , but on some clothes (for example - priest ropes, coats and such - CUP's units one) it looks really strange and reminds me of a "glitched" texture. Well , its quad-bike dirt rvmat , so I understand why...   Have you considered applying the vanilla injured (blood all over the clothes) rvmats instead , so the zeds will be covered with blood instead?

One of the following:

Reveal hidden contents

"A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat"};

I've tested the coveralls_injury and it looks really nice , like if the zeds had a major banquet lately 😉

Reveal hidden contents

ef8B671.jpg
d7FEaey.jpg

mk3Mc8u.jpg
JXQbn3G.jpg
Zos8p1p.jpg

2. While running Exile mod , I had to use Exilez spawner to spawn zeds.  And what I really liked about it is the total control of how/when/where they will spawn. With Ravage it feels like you have only a partial control over the spawned zeds. Since I heavily use the zombies modules I would like you to consider adding features like:

- Integrating some kind of a loot drop script , to make zombies drop loot when killed. I know its easy to implement , for example with GF loot drop script.
- Possibility of adding vests/backpacks/head-wear/face-wear to zombies, the same way we add custom uniforms override list.
- Direct control over the zed type. At the moment Ravage have Walking, Running & Bolting zeds, wouldn't it be better just to use % value for each ?  walkers_pos=50% , runner_pos=40%, bolters_pos=10%. like so...

I know all of the above is possible to do with 3-rd party custom scripts, but maybe you will be in favor of adding it directly to zeds spawn module so the server owners/mission creators will have it all in one package.

3.  Bleeding & infection chance when hit by zombies.  I miss the extra challenge of not being hit by zeds or you will have to deal with consequences, such as cleaning the wound / infection , looking for bandages or bleed out,  looking for that holy grail of anti-virus injector , having to deal with health deterioration because of the infection.

4.  Adding 4-th extra tough zed type which will appear only during night time.  This one may be tricky, since it will require a new model and animations for it to be added.  Thats why this is at the bottom 😉

I been saying this all along. Ryanz zeds features into ravage would be the perfect zombie mod, like you said< they attack cars, have a powerful demon and with the addition of exile gibbing feature.... It's a no fucking brainer! Just take the features! Lord bookah did it for warfare thai!

This is the opportunity to have the greatest of all

Imagine ravage zeds with gibbing< head decaps< ability to attack cars (for example i can be chased by 100 zeds jump in a car and i'm fine. Lol) and heavy militant zombie demons.

We need this.

Edited by R0adki11
capitalisation

42 minutes ago, EO said:

would this interest my fellow Ravagers???

Definitely interested. Do you have to use explosives to disable the sirens and in doing so you "liberate" the area?

Where you using St_KillShotCam Mod ? Because I remember having an issue where, depending the distance and the amount of bandits (always the last one), zombies will start spawning like crazy (around that last one bandit).

28 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

JUST TAKE THE FEATURES!

Those are Zombies and Demons features....you're in the Zombies and Ghosts thread, dude 😛

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gaverio said:

Definitely interested. Do you have to use explosives to disable the sirens and in doing so you "liberate" the area?

Check my edited post. :f:

5 minutes ago, gaverio said:

Where you using St_KillShotCam Mod ? Because I remember having an issue where, depending the distance and the amount of bandits (always the last one), zombies will start spawning like crazy (around that last one bandit).

Yes, and I haven't encountered the issue you mentioned. 

2 hours ago, gaverio said:

Those are Zombies and Demons features....you're in the Zombies and Ghosts thread, dude 😛

You just stating the obvious . So would it not be good to have those features in ravage ? 

Basebuilding mod sneakpeak:

Might come in handy for your ravage mission. 

Cheers VD

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

small info update regarding the basebuilding WIP mod:

- works on dedicated server

- works with GRAD persistence script: if you build a base - it will stay there after server restart 😉

- other players can not meddle with your building addactions. While you can move and deconstruct structures you have placed, others cant.

- if you move previously placed structures - the new position will be saved

Below a few proof of concept pics. all the walls and sandbagwalls are built into that existing shack (roof, pillars and concrete wall)

inside:

FCE128C20BF47934B31FDA7C64176C6F77138F2D

outside:

2503C663A01F459ED7C62B42A215773BB4B477DB

Outside 2 (ignore the hovering wall- i wanted to test something, and it worked;)

147751B0E83F6A3149F7BCDF083938E2A48F159A

I m excited=)

cheers

vd

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

GRAD persistence should really be integrated into Ravage as a module replacement for the current persistence feature that is not as developed in Ravage.

I have worked with McDiod, the main dev for Grad Persitence and the guy is super open and changes/fixes things super fast and is incredibly supportive.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Basebuilding mod sneakpeak:

Oh my goodness, I would love this. Not for myself, but for the dozens of people who constantly ask how to add base-building to Ravage. You sir, are a hero.

• Like 5

On 3/2/2019 at 6:20 PM, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Just take the features!

I can't just "take" those features : Z&D's license doesn't allow that. I can add most of the features suggested by @chernaruski, but stuff like gore effects or blowing off heads have to be made from the ground up. Adding new features, making sure they work with what's already there without breaking missions made by the community, etc... It takes time, and - as I said recently - I don't have much of it (and Ravage isn't the only mod I'm working on).

I should be back home next week, and will look at adding some of the recently suggested features as well as fixing some issues reported here. The first WIP build of the MyST project will be uploaded on Patreon as well. Speaking of Patreon, I would like to emphasize that the goal is not to make money or get "paid" for the content I create, but to make meself some space so I can keep working on Ravage and other projects : the size and frequency of future updates will largely depend on how successful it is.

• Like 3