Shall I go the other way around about this?

Low grade food restoring more Nutrition but less Health?

Personally I'd welcome that.

Food is the defining limitation right now. My record for surviving is four days although most of the time I don't make two. The thing that always kills me (provided I don't get shot) is starvation. I find most of my food on AI bodies, so the game is almost entirely me hunting for AI to kill in case they have food. And I'm not getting enough food for it to be worth having a base or playing for an extended period of time.

I can understand rusted cans having less nutrition in them, but 5 is pretty mean. That's really just a few minutes of extra life.

When you mentioned adding a tin opener, I was quite surprised. You want to make me starve to death more quickly? But with the ability to hunt rabbits, that should balance out.

One of the problems with the DayZ mod was that it became easy. If I started in the map corner with Kamenka, Komorova and Balota, I would just walk north, visiting all the deer stands until I was geared up. That would take me about half an hour. And then there's nothing to do except kill other players or avoid them entirely and live off the land. Yawn. I like the way the standalone makes you start off hungry, so you've got a more immediate problem than other players. But that gets solved when you realise you can just stand at an apple tree until you're no longer hungry or thirsty and have enough spare apples to last you on a journey that goes twice across the map and still have some spare.

What I do like is when you're stuck with a difficult choice. Do I go out and hunt rabbits or do I hunt AI? You have to make sure that neither choice gives me too much food. If I can build up a food stockpile, then I've removed hunger from the list of dangers. That makes it too easy. You need to be able to balance it so that I can't quite get enough food from killing AI (like it is at the moment) so that I need to hunt rabbits too. And vice versa.

If I can solve a problem, then I will. You need to make sure that I can't solve problems in the long term. Maybe I can get enough food to last me for today, but you mustn't provide enough food for me to be able to last a week. I must not be able to solve all my problems at the same time or there's no reason to play.

• Like 7

Kodabar, I love that. I completely agree. It would actually make me change how much food is in the vic I start next to. From a decent amount to very little. I'd still have a couple canteens, but that's it. I'd still have to get a rifle off AI though since I would only have a pistol.

• Like 1

Shall I go the other way around about this?

Low grade food restoring more Nutrition but less Health?

My suggestion is to have at least 3 types of food with different availability (but it definitely needs to be a bit more generous than as it is now), and YES, food should definitely restore nutrition more than HP, we raise HP with FAKs, but indeed food should restore some HP. Perhaps you can make it similar to 2018 i.e. to have say one or two, maybe three hour limit before we can eat again?

Anyhow, here's my proposal:

Bag of rice/rabbit stew - nutrition +80 (100 when near fire), HP +25, drop: normal (15% chance? or 1 out of 20 loot spots - I dont know how you tweak this but, you understand what I mean), no side effects, doesnt require tools or can opener, rice requires empty can to be prepared, rabbit stew requires knife to gut him and empty can to prepare it.

Canned beans/Sardines - nutrition +30 (50 near fire), HP +15, drop: moderate (20%), side effect +10 to radiation exposure, requires tools or knife or can opener to open it, gives empty can when used

Rusty cans of meat? (I forgot true name), tactical bacon - nutrition +15 (25 near fire), HP +10, drop:common (25%), side effect +15 to radiation exposure, requires tools or knife or can opener, gives empty can.

It'd be nice if you'd add buckets so we can collect rain water and then boil it to purify it - and generally add boiling water option on fireplace, add "Rad Cola" or "Ravage Cola" (like Nuka Cola in Fallout PLEASE :D ) drink :D

Is it possible to utilize stalker gear from this mod?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/93170-stalker-units-05a/

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh7YT6-uBeo

Or if you dont want it, could you work something with "rebreather" from ARMA3 + protection suit + gas mask to make NBC suit, which would give (almost full) protection vs radiation and make item like hazmat cloak (which would be equipped on rocket launcher slot) to protect against that radioactive rain you spoke of?

There you go Haleks, some suggestions/ideas for you to consider implementing

Or if you dont want it, could you work something with "rebreather" from ARMA3 + protection suit + gas mask to make NBC suit, which would give (almost full) protection vs radiation and make item like hazmat cloak (which would be equipped on rocket launcher slot) to protect against that radioactive rain you spoke of?

Actually Lecter, The Mod is coded to have that, but it wasn't coded properly. I think Haleks fixed that with the latest patch.

Here's an odd thing. Haleks is French. So how do you think he says 'ravage'?

Remember when DayZ first came out and we didn't know if it was DayZed or DayZee? Even when we discovered Dean Hall was from New Zealand that didn't help. Finally, we heard him say it and it's been DayZee ever since (much to my annoyance).

So do we pronounce Ravage to rhyme with the way that British people say 'garage' or the way that yankees say 'garage'? Or even worse, is there an implied acute on the final 'e'? Otherwise, the pronunciation changes the tense. 

• Like 2

@ Sgt Smash

I do

I have  putted all Massi's units and weapons in only one file "@MAS" for my Arma3 game.

Massi have made some NBC suits for his units since the last update of his mods after Arma 1.52 upgrade (Problems with his uniforms then) 

I'm modifying my ROADS Mission file for the next update to put those uniforms in the loot system: russian, US, UK and Italians uniforms with "hood on head" to simulate several NBC suits (in conjunction with gas mask of course.)

Haleks gave us a script a few post ago to add weapons/items in the loot systems.

it's easy to adapt the script for uniforms

(be aware there are several level of uniforms in RAVAGE system and only LV3 uniforms are "radiations protective")

here is the example of the modified script you have to put into your mission's init file:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
	{
	0 = rvg_uniforms_lv1 pushBack _x;  //RAVAGE standard uniforms
	} 
forEach ["U_RavenPMC", //EricJ PMC civilian uniform
"TRYK_U_B_BLK_OD", //Tryk's civilian/military mixed uniform
"TRYK_U_B_NATO_OCP_BLK_CombatUniform",//Tryk's civilian/military mixed uniform
"TRYK_U_pad_hood_CSATBlk", // CSAT trouser and black softshell vest
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform1_o", // Massi Civilain/military mixed uniform
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform2_o", // Massi Civilain/military mixed uniform
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform4_o"]; // Massi Civilain/military mixed uniform
	{
	0 = rvg_uniforms_lv3 pushBack _x;  //RAVAGE LV3 Radiation protective uniforms
	} 
forEach ["TRYK_U_B_PCUHsW3", //Tryk's hood on head uniform
"TRYK_U_B_PCUGHs", //Tryk's hood on head uniform
"TRYK_U_B_PCUGHs", //Tryk's hood on head uniform US/Civilian
"TRYK_U_B_PCUODHs", //Tryk's hood on head uniform US/Civilian
"TRYK_U_B_PCUHsW5", //Tryk's hood on head uniform US/Civilian
"TRYK_U_B_PCUHs", //Tryk's hood on head uniform  US/Civilian
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform10_o", //Massi Hood on head uniform US
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform9_o",  //Massi Hood on head uniform US
"U_mas_usd_B_founiform11_o", //Massi Hood on head uniform US
"U_mas_rus_O_Gorka_uniform_f", //Massi Hood on head uniform RUSSIAN
"U_mas_rus_O_nbc",  //Massi Hood on head uniform RUSSIAN NBC
"U_mas_mar_B_wint", //Massi Hood on head uniform US WINTER
"U_mas_mar_B_nbc", //Massi Hood on head uniform  US NBC
"U_mas_it_B_pcu", //Massi Hood on head uniform  IT
"U_mas_uk_B_CRW", //Massi Hood on head uniform  UK
"U_mas_uk_B_NBC", //Massi Hood on head uniform  UK NBC
"U_mas_uk_B_pcu"]; //Massi Hood on head uniform  UK

there are several "Winter hood on head" suit in all Massi's Units mods...

use the Virtual Arsenal of Arma 3 to find the class name and export it to your files 

So do we pronounce Ravage to rhyme with the way that British people say 'garage' or the way that yankees say 'garage'? Or even worse, is there an implied acute on the final 'e'? Otherwise, the pronunciation changes the tense. 

I think it's pronounced like how the Brits say Garage because in US English, Ravage is pronounced similar to UK English's Garage. I could be completely off on how Ravage is said in UK English. I do know though that in a lot of the US(Ignore the south. They don't know how to speak), it is pronounced as I said.

:D  :lol:  how comes  is it important how French say RAVAGE ??? 

no matter how we say RAVAGE, it'll always be a great mod  ;)

• Like 1

Here's an odd thing. Haleks is French. So how do you think he says 'ravage'?

Remember when DayZ first came out and we didn't know if it was DayZed or DayZee? Even when we discovered Dean Hall was from New Zealand that didn't help. Finally, we heard him say it and it's been DayZee ever since (much to my annoyance).

It will forever rhyme with "savage," no matter what any of you say (*closes eyes and places fingers in ears*).

Don't tell me you UK'ers fudge the pronunciation on that one up too! :)

• Like 1

ravage : \Êa.vaÊ’\ (ra-va-j')

• Like 3

Posh version.........I hail from the East of Scotland so I sound like a Savage......We roll or R's around these parts so I say RRRavage

Scottish version........A hail fae the East o' Scotland so a soond like a Savage......We roll oor R's aroond these parts so a say RRRavage

• Like 3

Le Ravageeeeeeeee du fromageeeeeeeee LMAO :chef: :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 3

If I remember my French properly, ravage in French is more akin to the past tense 'ravaged' (rather than the present tense 'ravage') in English. And that makes more sense. So I think Lecter's right with the ravage/fromage comparison.

I am also from the east coast of Scotland, but I went to a proper school, so I realised my mistake and moved to England so I didn't have to listen to stupid accents all day. And I'm posh.

• Like 2

Quick update guys : I've spotted some last minute issue wich might be causing crashes when shooting at/around zombies.

It should be fixed, but I'm gonna need to test this tonight, so the update will most likely be slighty delayed...

Edit : the french equivalent for "ravaged" would be "ravagé"; "ravage" is a common noun reffering to the scale of devastation. ;)

Edit² : And you usually don't use singular, it's always "les ravages". I'm cheating a bit with the mod's name, as did Barjavel with the title of his novel. ^^

Bugger. I'm mixing up my ravagé, ravager and uh, I dunno... ravagée? Ahem. I'm sure as hell not going to say les ravages as that sounds more like a ski resort to me. "Yeah, we're heading over to Courchevel at the weekend. Going to do some skiing at Les Ravages"

I am doubly shamed that I had to look up Barjavel because I didn't recognise the name. And I realised the only work of his that I'm familiar with is the film Le Retour de don Camillo. It's easily one of the best Don Camillo stories (and stars Fernandel), so I don't feel quite as bad.

Never mind. The flurry of posts concerning pronunciation is almost a large as that when there's an update. So my work here is done (somehow).

• Like 1

And I realised the only work of his that I'm familiar with is the film Le Retour de don Camillo. It's easily one of the best Don Camillo stories (and stars Fernandel), so I don't feel quite as bad.

I just learned something! ^^

I knew Barjavel for his science-fiction novels, I never realized he used to write movie scenarios/dialogues as well.

Ravage v0.1.33 is out!

Changelog :

Tweaked :
Minor tweaks regarding Arma3 v1.54 stamina system.
Minor improvements to Geigers rad exposure display.
Added Geiger feedback when consuming Anti-Rad pills.
Tweaked Loot generation (should increase FPS in towns).
Tweaked Radiation levels for drink items.
Changed classnames of various food & drink items to allow easier code manipulations.
Slightly increased maximum spawn distance for hostile infantry.
Minor changes to the loot lists.
Minor changes & optimizations to the rad. functions.
Tweaked wild life spawn costs.
Player's animation speed is now tied to the weight of his gear.
Tweaked food consumption effects.
Updated zombies hitpoints config for Arma3 v1.54.

Fixed :
AI failling to engage zombies after Arma3 v1.54 update.
More fixes to the sleep menu.
Geiger display was unable to process several Radiation triggers at the same time (failling to display the overall rad.exposure as a result).
Radiation Exposure increasing over 100% when eating/drinking.
Script Errors on manually placed Radiation triggers with no active Radiation Module.
Various fixes to Radiation handling regarding protective gear.
Nutrition level decreasing too fast.
Adapted Nutrition & Hydration depletion rates to the new stamina system.
AI team mates should be more reactive whenever one of theirs is being attacked by a zombie.
[RHS] Wrong camo & desert AK variants being used.

New :
Syphoning fuel now requires a hose.
Player can gather raw meat from various animals (Rabbits, Sheeps & Goats, Chicken) - WIP.
Raw meat can be cooked at fireplaces (or any fire source).
Hose, Meat & Gutting Knife models & textures by Giorgygr.
Canned food items require a can opener, a knife or tools to be consumed.
Consumed canned food give an empty can wich can be used to drink water.
Irradiated water containers can be purified with water purification tablets.
Water sources can be depleted and will need time before they're available again.
Arma2 wells tagged as water sources.

Have fun chaps! :)

• Like 9

Awesome. That's a great change log.

So I've recently learned the basics of plunking down modules in the editor (thanks to ALiVE and Spookwar). I am no longer afraid (well, I am. Kinda). Thinking of mixing up things here a bit with a new Ravage environment.

Which maps would you guys recommend that could provide a similar balance to the built in mission? I was thinking Chernerus would be cool for atmosphere but I don't think that one has enough buildings. Any suggestions? What are some of your favorite Ravage maps (that hopefully wouldn't need too much or any module tinkering)?

EDIT: Haleks, would you prefer we primarily play the vanilla mission? You know, for testing purposes? It seems like there's a core of us that post here often but not a ton. Perhaps we'd be more valuable playing the embedded mission for now?

• Like 1

I agree with what HerosandvilliansOS said. And yeah, more map ideas would be nice. I'm sick and tired of Altis. Oh, and Haleks, to me finding out that you're French, my favorite musician is French. Alizée is soooo awesome.

EDIT: Haleks, would you prefer we primarily play the vanilla mission? You know, for testing purposes? It seems like there's a core of us that post here often but not a ton. Perhaps we'd be more valuable playing the embedded mission for now?

I personally tend to play with a few mods; but seen as Arma3 1.54 is a major update regarding vests & uniforms configs, I would recommend to use up-to-date mods when it comes to gear items.

LordBooka updated WarfareThaï today - you guys should definitely try it if you haven't already. Other addons such as Dragonfyre, Blastcore etc should be fine. ;)

It's the Programmer's Paradox. Fix one thing and break 50 more things. Happens to everyone. Even BIS.  

EDIT: Oh, Haleks, did you fix it so if you are using the rebreather, Gas Mask, and Protective Suit, you have the best radiation protection?

lot of mods are "on route" to updates since 1.54.

Massi is working on updating his mods (a few ones already done) Bad Benson is doing the same for Enhanced Movement.....

... I got work to do now to test ROADS with RAVAGE  V 0.1.33......

(unfortunatly I work this week end so no much time to do this....)