On 4/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, CaptainDawson said:

The fact that peeps get all salty the second I get in a Rhino proves they don't know how to play the game. Rhino can be extremely easily countered it is predictable and obvious where Rhinos go because any non-redux game is literally almost exactly the same every time. This last game, I killed myself several times in Rhino due to dsync and getting arma'd. Whereas, Neophron can use the awful lag to easily avoid AA missiles even at point blank range lock on. That being said, yes the Rhino ATGM is ridiculously OP when it's UNLIMITED, and so are all the other weapons that are unlimited. If it was limited to the 4 ATGMS that come with the vehicles that would be a reasonable balance to the vehicle, with lowered CP cost of course. But if you're going to do that then we're gonna need to explain how I'm supposed to combat 3 T-140Ks sitting outside the infantry view distance lobbing unlimited 125mm HE into the contested sector spawn without me using a Rhino. And no, one player walking 30 minutes to get behind them with a vorona and expecting to win against all 3 of them its not going to happen. (Ask me how I know)

Right now I'm attempting to play Redux. I have to walk 400 meters on open runway to kill one T-140 who is sitting in a hanger like a wimp, while some hacker or exploiter is 1500 meters away with unlimited voronas ATMGing every player that spawns on contested sector which is in an open field.  Meanwhile >75% of my team is in the spawn because teleport is blocked in base again. That's why I go in Rhino, because skill or lack of skill is not what wins the game anymore when everyone can predict the layout of the whole game. Remove Rhino for all I care, I'd rather have a balanced game but that can't happen with CAS spam and Whack-a-mole meta the way it is.

Ouf. Now I know it's a foreign concept for you so I'll break it down into pieces...

- Arma is a game with several types of vehicles, not just rhinos (surprising I know 😮 )

- One of these vehicles is called a Black Wasp.

- This plane has a weapon system that's so easy to use you literally just need to press "T" and it will lock and 1 shot an angara. You have enough to kill those 3 t-140s and one extra to drop on a quad bike if you're bored. And that's just one bombing run...

- And guess what? You can do the exact same thing to kill that kajman ontop of the hill spamming he rockets... but you need to use an AA missile, complicated I know! 

It's so typically bluefor of you to underuse all of your air assets and rely on some broken gimmick. You think an angara is hard to counter because it's outside infantry vision range? Well imagine trying to find a rhino permanently outside radar vision in an 8 km radius that doesn't require line of sight. Hell, you dont even need to be in a warehouse, you can just hide between buildings or in tall grasses and it'l hide your radar all the same, it can legit hide anywhere on the map.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sophecles said:

Ouf. Now I know it's a foreign concept for you so I'll break it down into pieces...

- Arma is a game with several types of vehicles, not just rhinos (surprising I know 😮 )

- One of these vehicles is called a Black Wasp.

- This plane has a weapon system that's so easy to use you literally just need to press "T" and it will lock and 1 shot an angara. You have enough to kill those 3 t-140s and one extra to drop on a quad bike if you're bored. And that's just one bombing run...

- And guess what? You can do the exact same thing to kill that kajman ontop of the hill spamming he rockets... but you need to use an AA missile, complicated I know! 

It's so typically bluefor of you to underuse all of your air assets and rely on some broken gimmick. You think an angara is hard to counter because it's outside infantry vision range? Well imagine trying to find a rhino permanently outside radar vision in an 8 km radius that doesn't require line of sight. Hell, you dont even need to be in a warehouse, you can just hide between buildings or in tall grasses and it'l hide your radar all the same, it can legit hide anywhere on the map.

Nope, as far as I'm concerned when it comes to PVP, Blufor only has the Rhino. It's really not a foreign concept that camping tactics on both sides are cancerous and ruin the gameplay, and anyone who has played more than 3 games knows it. It devolves to the point where Blufor is camped into oblivion and the only possible way to counter any of it is by spamming Rhino or waiting for competent Opfor players to leave the game so that Blufor can actually launch its own jets. Black Wasp is 100% pointless in any Warlords match where there are halfway competent airfield campers, and by that I mean literally almost every match. Its debatable how powerful the Black wasp is when its paired against the Shikra, none of the Blackwasp's AG missiles mean a thing if it can't use them. But this is all besides the point, what good are any of the planes in general when its not possible to take off the ground? Forget the whole bLuFoR pLaNeS aRe WoRsE debate it doesn't matter when Blue's only usable airbase is camped into oblivion, and Red's isn't. Do I need to mention the island by AAC for the 1,000th time? Over 90% of the games I've played, Opfor is camping AAC at the critical portion of the match. Don't compare it to Blufor camping, we all know there is no comparison and we all know it goes one direction. How often and how long are campers at Molos? How long and how often are campers at AAC? One single player can completely suppress Blufor's use of any aircraft for more than half of the game. No one can walk or drive tank to counter him across the water. Cant use planes because they cant land, can't use boat because boat versus T-140 or Tigris over open water at close range is not a contest. If they happen to kill the camper, he can come back in only 5 minutes in a heli no one can shoot down because Blue still has no air. They turn to Rhino because there comes a point in every match where there is no other option. Planes not usable under camping, Slammer underperforms against T-140, infantry pointless under spawn camping, what else is there? Again, look at kill rates on top 3 players and it tells the whole story of who is camping and who is not.

Is Rhino way too OP? Yes! Please remove it and also remove all other spam tactics so that people can just play the game and not instantly die on spawn at contested sector. We're talking about the critical part of the match surrounding Anthrakia, once players from one team are tired of getting camped they leave the game and allow the opposing team to win. I'd rather there be no Rhino and actually be able to play on the ground then have Rhino and die by incessant spawn camping. You still haven't answered my question, if the Rhino is so ridiculous, please explain to me how Blufor is supposed to deal with 3 hull down T-140Ks in hills at Charkia using thermals to see from outside the infantry view distance, firing unlimited 125 and 30mm HE into contested sector spawns, with repair trucks behind them so any time they are hit they can pull back and repair to full health in 5 seconds. All Blufor sector spawns are on the West side of the map until they get past Anthrakia, T-140s mow down everything that spawns including infantry, vehicles, and any planes stupid enough to land at main airbase. There is no reasonable way to counter without Rhino. A couple infantry spending 30 minutes flanking and attempting to kill all 3 T-140ks with rockets is not a permanent solution when camping players with already enough CP to buy 5 T-140s can in seconds spawn another one and set right back up where he was 3 minutes later.

• Confused 1

We will stop spamming Rhino when we can actually have a chance to use planes and tanks and infantry without fear of immediately being sniped from unseen enemy miles away. (Ironically similar to how Opfor complains of Rhino, except few know how to use Rhino and many know how to spawn camp with T-140, double tap "N" and point and click, versus trial and error with Rhino plus getting instakilled/arma'd in warehouse every other time). The sector layout greatly favors Opfor and anyone who has played the game more than a few times knows how the game devolves almost every time. In fact, I go so far as to say the only time Blufor ever wins is when Opfor fails to utilize their strategic airbase advantage, or when experienced Opfor players leave their team. The spawn camping and whack a mole meta can be fixed, or people can continue to leave because its not fun to die constantly by CAS and HE spam as soon as you spawn. I've played Redux a couple times and if nothing else, I have high hopes that changing the starting base locations makes a big difference in how the game plays out. Hilarious when Blue starts on Molos side and suddenly Opfor is crying and accusing Blackwasp players of spamming Rhino because they are so used to dominating Air, the other day Opfor Neophron spam crybabies tried to vote kick all Blue jet players because they realize they can no longer camp them out of existence. 

On 4/28/2020 at 11:07 AM, CaptainDawson said:

Nope, as far as I'm concerned when it comes to PVP, Blufor only has the Rhino. It's really not a foreign concept that camping tactics on both sides are cancerous and ruin the gameplay, and anyone who has played more than 3 games knows it. It devolves to the point where Blufor is camped into oblivion and the only possible way to counter any of it is by spamming Rhino or waiting for competent Opfor players to leave the game so that Blufor can actually launch its own jets. Black Wasp is 100% pointless in any Warlords match where there are halfway competent airfield campers, and by that I mean literally almost every match. Its debatable how powerful the Black wasp is when its paired against the Shikra, none of the Blackwasp's AG missiles mean a thing if it can't use them. But this is all besides the point, what good are any of the planes in general when its not possible to take off the ground? Forget the whole bLuFoR pLaNeS aRe WoRsE debate it doesn't matter when Blue's only usable airbase is camped into oblivion, and Red's isn't. Do I need to mention the island by AAC for the 1,000th time? Over 90% of the games I've played, Opfor is camping AAC at the critical portion of the match. Don't compare it to Blufor camping, we all know there is no comparison and we all know it goes one direction. How often and how long are campers at Molos? How long and how often are campers at AAC? One single player can completely suppress Blufor's use of any aircraft for more than half of the game. No one can walk or drive tank to counter him across the water. Cant use planes because they cant land, can't use boat because boat versus T-140 or Tigris over open water at close range is not a contest. If they happen to kill the camper, he can come back in only 5 minutes in a heli no one can shoot down because Blue still has no air. They turn to Rhino because there comes a point in every match where there is no other option. Planes not usable under camping, Slammer underperforms against T-140, infantry pointless under spawn camping, what else is there? Again, look at kill rates on top 3 players and it tells the whole story of who is camping and who is not.

Is Rhino way too OP? Yes! Please remove it and also remove all other spam tactics so that people can just play the game and not instantly die on spawn at contested sector. We're talking about the critical part of the match surrounding Anthrakia, once players from one team are tired of getting camped they leave the game and allow the opposing team to win. I'd rather there be no Rhino and actually be able to play on the ground then have Rhino and die by incessant spawn camping. You still haven't answered my question, if the Rhino is so ridiculous, please explain to me how Blufor is supposed to deal with 3 hull down T-140Ks in hills at Charkia using thermals to see from outside the infantry view distance, firing unlimited 125 and 30mm HE into contested sector spawns, with repair trucks behind them so any time they are hit they can pull back and repair to full health in 5 seconds. All Blufor sector spawns are on the West side of the map until they get past Anthrakia, T-140s mow down everything that spawns including infantry, vehicles, and any planes stupid enough to land at main airbase. There is no reasonable way to counter without Rhino. A couple infantry spending 30 minutes flanking and attempting to kill all 3 T-140ks with rockets is not a permanent solution when camping players with already enough CP to buy 5 T-140s can in seconds spawn another one and set right back up where he was 3 minutes later.

I did answer your question: "Get air up and lock a macer"

Your answer: "But air is difficult so I'm not going to try!"

So lets try to figure out how to surmount this impossible obstacle of airfield camping! 😮

1ec911cd9f64f98cc37c40bf95c18a16_w200.gi

Step 1: Get a Defender up + ammo box. This should come naturally to you. All you literally have to do sit in the same spot and spam the left mouse button. I believe in you! You can do this!

Step 2: Now with a 16 km air safe zone get a UAV up, spot the camping armor near AAC and snipe em with a Slammer, Titan AT, or whatever else.

Step 3: "But what about that one ghillie guy crouched somewhere we can't see him"... call in a blackfoot or something else to bait a missile, and if everyone is paying attention track the general zone where it came from with the UAV and run him down. This is probably the messiest part, its a whole grey zone to find thermal-hidden infantry... but opfor gets camped like that far more than bluefor so put that keen rhino-brain of yours to the task and figure it out!

Step 4: Now with all campers gone call in your wasp, and kill those evil angara exploiters! (See my previous comment for a step by step tutorial on how to kill a tank with an aircraft!)

Now I realize this is alot of information so lets take a 5 minute break.

Still with me? Great, so now you've got a wasp in the air that can essentially destroy any Opfor armor + a safe zone the wasp can fly in if Opfor manages to get a shikra up. Also, all these steps are only necessary because you've failed to get the first jet up and have to fight uphill to get air superiority back. Now last time we played on the same side, I think roughly 8 months ago, you had some convoluted logic of going up to Ammolofi Airfield before going to AAC... essentially handing Opfor air superiority on a silver platter... Remember, you're going to have to fight that opfor air at some point and pretending it doesn't exist while avoiding AAC will just make things worse! Its like a militarized denial complex lol. Gene Porter, Kullwarrior, and a handfull of other players have totally hammered opfor because they understand how air works.

Oh... and that part about rhinos getting armaed inside warehouses... not sure if it might be related but sometimes when a GBU lands a on warehouse it will make it implode on the rhino and literally shoot it into the air xD I call them Rhino-stars, a rare but beautiful sight :')

IzDNkUF.png

• Haha 1

Guys I love you. you're the real reason I still play Warlords sometimes. VoIP is sometimes real comedy these days.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 5:32 PM, law-giver said:

Hi guys/gals,

Here's my Warlords edits i've had sitting around with some cool scripts added that were made by George Floros for example and a few others. Enjoy!

http://www.filedropper.com/warlordslg

Thanks to BI and Jezuro for turning me into a Warlords addict! 😉

I should like to give credits to George Floros as he made some cool scripts that i've used and he fixed an issue really quick, top man. 😉

@law-giver can you provide new download link. seems like the current link you provided not working anymore.
if someone has downloaded the mission file provided by law-giver, can re-upload it and provide new link.
i would like to test it.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:48 PM, Sophecles said:

I did answer your question: "Get air up and lock a macer"

Your answer: "But air is difficult so I'm not going to try!"

So lets try to figure out how to surmount this impossible obstacle of airfield camping! 😮

Step 1: Get a Defender up + ammo box. This should come naturally to you. All you literally have to do sit in the same spot and spam the left mouse button. I believe in you! You can do this!

Step 2: Now with a 16 km air safe zone get a UAV up, spot the camping armor near AAC and snipe em with a Slammer, Titan AT, or whatever else.

Step 3: "But what about that one ghillie guy crouched somewhere we can't see him"... call in a blackfoot or something else to bait a missile, and if everyone is paying attention track the general zone where it came from with the UAV and run him down. This is probably the messiest part, its a whole grey zone to find thermal-hidden infantry... but opfor gets camped like that far more than bluefor so put that keen rhino-brain of yours to the task and figure it out!

Step 4: Now with all campers gone call in your wasp, and kill those evil angara exploiters! (See my previous comment for a step by step tutorial on how to kill a tank with an aircraft!)

Now I realize this is alot of information so lets take a 5 minute break.

Still with me? Great, so now you've got a wasp in the air that can essentially destroy any Opfor armor + a safe zone the wasp can fly in if Opfor manages to get a shikra up. Also, all these steps are only necessary because you've failed to get the first jet up and have to fight uphill to get air superiority back. Now last time we played on the same side, I think roughly 8 months ago, you had some convoluted logic of going up to Ammolofi Airfield before going to AAC... essentially handing Opfor air superiority on a silver platter... Remember, you're going to have to fight that opfor air at some point and pretending it doesn't exist while avoiding AAC will just make things worse! Its like a militarized denial complex lol. Gene Porter, Kullwarrior, and a handfull of other players have totally hammered opfor because they understand how air works.

Air is not a valid tactic when only airbase is camped into oblivion. "Just kill the campers" is not a long-term valid tactic when certain players spend hours camping and immediately return to their camping position as soon as someone spends 30 minutes trying to track and kill them. Takes 20-30 minutes sometimes to prepare and execute an ambush against a large force of hull down tank campers at Charkia. That is not equal effort to camper who can respawn in 10 seconds, teleport, and immediately respawn his tank or call a heli.  When Opfor loses planes on the runway or their AI get shot down, you just spawn planes at another airbase. When Blufor gets one wipeout stuck on the middle of the runway, now there is no ability to use air whatsoever until the wipeout despawns. I don't need to mention how half of Blufor team sits in AAC spawning aircraft to be shot down from island. There is no reason you should be able to spawn a heavy tank behind enemy lines a point blank range. Only time your theory works with a Black wasp is when you have at least one dedicated Blackwasp pilot who will stick around long enough to protect Blue ground assets. After 10 blackwasp crash before landing, its gets old and he tries another option. Reality is, even one inexperienced Opfor pilot and one tank camper can easily suppress Blufor air for more than half of the game. Do I need to mention how the lock on distance for Blackwasp ATGMs is so short that it is slightly difficult to get a kill while you are also dodging the 12 Tigris with unlimited ammo that are spread across the center portion of the map? Trust me, I've tried, but at a point skill doesn't really matter anymore. The fact of the matter is, it's not one individual factor that imbalances the game, its the combination of many issues with the poorly balanced map layout. Fact of the matter is that even expert players like Kullwarrior and Gene don't stand a chance spawning a Blackwasp when Blufor air is being suppressed, many times I have seen them connect and then quickly disconnect as soon as they see how awful the game is. I also do this all the time, in fact I leave more games than I actually play. Winning the game is not as much about skill as it is about knowing where and how to spawn camp. ONE SINGLE PLAYER on either Blufor or Opfor who knows what he's doing can camp the other team into oblivion. Only thing is, that combination of other issues means it happens to Blufor more than Opfor, reflected in the ratio of controlled sectors. 

Again, I shouldn't even need to make any argument complaining about the game being unbalanced. When I log into a server and 80% of the time Opfor has more than 2-3 times the controlled sectors, perhaps that should indicate something about the balance. It doesn't take a genius to understand this. Last game I played I was top on the leaderboard, over 30 tank 12 aircraft kills, all without anyone spawning one rhino the whole time I was on. By taking advantage of the unlimited arsenal, I simply sat in controlled sector Opfor was targetting and spawned in loadouts of maximum Titan, Vorona, and AA with Bergen. Just knowing where to stand I racked up so many tank and heli kills, but meta of camping with tanks and helis meant Opfor just kept spawning more tanks and helis for me to kill instead of putting infantry on the ground to cap the sector. I gave up after the 2rd time backcap sweeping Anthrakia, Powerplant, Airfield, Compound, Rodopoli, Gravia, and Agios completely by myself and then losing them 20 minutes later because everyone on my team insisted on spawning in the same contested sector so they could be spawnkilled again instead of defending. 

All I want is to have back the combined arms meta instead of one side spawning waves of tanks and aircraft to steamroll and camp the other team, and the other team waiting for them to leave sectors so they can be backcapped because they can;t fight on equal footing. The meta needs to be fixed, and its as simple as reassesing unlimited ammo, spawning tanks farther from the front, and balancing sector layout. Spawncamping needs to be nerfed, and Whack-a-mole needs to be nerfed. More randomized spawn location, re-locking sectors like in redux is a great solution but we need it on all servers.

PS as for convoluted tactics months ago, I was testing whether I could make Blufor win by preventing noobs from wasting CP on planes that would immediately be shot down, did this by convincing them to not take AAC. If that third of players who sit at AAC instead fought on the ground, we had a better chance at winning. (Too much for me to expect that players would actually teleport from spawn, but lesson learned). It's not 100% impossible to win without any form of air or air defense. Here's a secret, players on the ground cap sectors, not planes. In fact, when whole entire Opfor team is in T-140, Tigris, and Mi-48 pummeling Blufor instead of defending, it leaves all sectors open for me to backcap in my Ghille and Prowler. Incredibly, it actually was working until they insisted that sitting in AAC being spawncamped is an essential part of the game.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Air is not a valid tactic when only airbase is camped into oblivion. "Just kill the campers" is not a long-term valid tactic when certain players spend hours camping and immediately return to their camping position as soon as someone spends 30 minutes trying to track and kill them. Takes 20-30 minutes sometimes to prepare and execute an ambush against a large force of hull down tank campers at Charkia. That is not equal effort to camper who can respawn in 10 seconds, teleport, and immediately respawn his tank or call a heli.  When Opfor loses planes on the runway or their AI get shot down, you just spawn planes at another airbase. When Blufor gets one wipeout stuck on the middle of the runway, now there is no ability to use air whatsoever until the wipeout despawns. I don't need to mention how half of Blufor team sits in AAC spawning aircraft to be shot down from island. There is no reason you should be able to spawn a heavy tank behind enemy lines a point blank range. Only time your theory works with a Black wasp is when you have at least one dedicated Blackwasp pilot who will stick around long enough to protect Blue ground assets. After 10 blackwasp crash before landing, its gets old and he tries another option. Reality is, even one inexperienced Opfor pilot and one tank camper can easily suppress Blufor air for more than half of the game. Do I need to mention how the lock on distance for Blackwasp ATGMs is so short that it is slightly difficult to get a kill while you are also dodging the 12 Tigris with unlimited ammo that are spread across the center portion of the map? Trust me, I've tried, but at a point skill doesn't really matter anymore. The fact of the matter is, it's not one individual factor that imbalances the game, its the combination of many issues with the poorly balanced map layout. Fact of the matter is that even expert players like Kullwarrior and Gene don't stand a chance spawning a Blackwasp when Blufor air is being suppressed, many times I have seen them connect and then quickly disconnect as soon as they see how awful the game is. I also do this all the time, in fact I leave more games than I actually play. Winning the game is not as much about skill as it is about knowing where and how to spawn camp. ONE SINGLE PLAYER on either Blufor or Opfor who knows what he's doing can camp the other team into oblivion. Only thing is, that combination of other issues means it happens to Blufor more than Opfor, reflected in the ratio of controlled sectors. 

Again, I shouldn't even need to make any argument complaining about the game being unbalanced. When I log into a server and 80% of the time Opfor has more than 2-3 times the controlled sectors, perhaps that should indicate something about the balance. It doesn't take a genius to understand this. Last game I played I was top on the leaderboard, over 30 tank 12 aircraft kills, all without anyone spawning one rhino the whole time I was on. By taking advantage of the unlimited arsenal, I simply sat in controlled sector Opfor was targetting and spawned in loadouts of maximum Titan, Vorona, and AA with Bergen. Just knowing where to stand I racked up so many tank and heli kills, but meta of camping with tanks and helis meant Opfor just kept spawning more tanks and helis for me to kill instead of putting infantry on the ground to cap the sector. I gave up after the 2rd time backcap sweeping Anthrakia, Powerplant, Airfield, Compound, Rodopoli, Gravia, and Agios completely by myself and then losing them 20 minutes later because everyone on my team insisted on spawning in the same contested sector so they could be spawnkilled again instead of defending. 

All I want is to have back the combined arms meta instead of one side spawning waves of tanks and aircraft to steamroll and camp the other team, and the other team waiting for them to leave sectors so they can be backcapped because they can;t fight on equal footing. The meta needs to be fixed, and its as simple as reassesing unlimited ammo, spawning tanks farther from the front, and balancing sector layout. Spawncamping needs to be nerfed, and Whack-a-mole needs to be nerfed. More randomized spawn location, re-locking sectors like in redux is a great solution but we need it on all servers.

PS as for convoluted tactics months ago, I was testing whether I could make Blufor win by preventing noobs from wasting CP on planes that would immediately be shot down, did this by convincing them to not take AAC. If that third of players who sit at AAC instead fought on the ground, we had a better chance at winning. (Too much for me to expect that players would actually teleport from spawn, but lesson learned). It's not 100% impossible to win without any form of air or air defense. Here's a secret, players on the ground cap sectors, not planes. In fact, when whole entire Opfor team is in T-140, Tigris, and Mi-48 pummeling Blufor instead of defending, it leaves all sectors open for me to backcap in my Ghille and Prowler. Incredibly, it actually was working until they insisted that sitting in AAC being spawncamped is an essential part of the game.

CaptainDawson is spot on. Some mechanics and settings in Warlords make it a farce to even try to play it as a serious battlefield environment. It's all down to spawn and rearm exploits and camping it out in different ways, be it Defender/Rhea campign that I have done for hours....which of course did not stop the wave of aircraft that shows up when both sides have agreed to not go past Anthrakia to play primarily airquake for 2 days instead. They hate you on both sides when you set up a long range SAM.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beagle said:

CaptainDawson is spot on. Soem mechanics and settings in Warlords make it a farce to evven try to paly it as a serious battlefield environment. Its all down to spawn and rearm exploits and campig it out in different ways, be it Defender/Rhea cvampign that i have doen for hours....which of couse did not stop the wave of aircraft that shows up when both sides have agreed to not go past Anthrakia to play primarily airquake for 2 days ainstead. They hate you on both sides when you set up a long range SAM.

I agree, I think that while all of us have our favorite vehicles and tactics, Warlords would be a lot more realistic, more balanced, and a more enjoyable experience if we saw a bit more aim towards Infantry and combined arms tactics, instead of the extreme tank and plane camping the game has devolved into. I'm 100% fine with nerfing or even removing Rhino if it meant it would help balance the game. But we need to nerf camping in general, not just Rhino. Redux, while it still has some issues, is IMHO much better than default warlords, and it's the natural progression of the game. Randomized sectors so the same thing doesn't happen every time, unlimited reload has a cooldown, and not all players have Blufor as the default slot, etc. Players should never spawn directly into an enemy squad that is capping your defense sector, and I shouldn't be able to teleport and appear 25 feet behind a T-100 and one shot him with Vorona while hes capping my sector. Maybe, when your sector is under attack, you could spawn on the opposite side of the sector from the enemy and you have to walk back into the sector like you're the reinforcements. Not spawn right where campers are waiting for you! Lock equipment to faction for goodness sake, so very tired of seeing Ghille/Special Rig/Viper Helmet/Vorona loadout, we need to be able to distinguish players more realistically! There is more than enough gear for each side to choose from. Tanks shouldn't be able to be spawned so far behind enemy lines, should only be in or near controlled sectors. The game is WAY too long, please put starting base locations in such a way that we don't have to stalemate around Anthrakia every time! Redux also adds a few more sectors around the center of the map, much more interesting and allows you to even bypass and flank Anthrakia in many cases. Redux introduces accelerated night, very great addition! No one wants to play their entire match only at night. After Redux is tweaked a bit more, we'd love to see Redux on all the servers. Currently its not usually full.

No one is under the illusion that Warlords is a realistic simulation, but if we could just add a bit more balance and Fog of War to the mix, it would make it much more immersive and fun for all involved. Nobody wants to join a game and see its night and stuck on Anthrakia again, with Neophron spamming rockets on contested and Rhino camping infantry spawns. We want it to be like Warlords was when it started, players working as a team to decide what is the best course of action instead of everything being a given. Given that AAC will be camped, given that tanks will camp with thermals, given that Anthrakia will be a stalemate... we want original gameplay and skill-based tactics, and that comes by making the players play the sectors instead of sitting in spawns or camping in vehicles.

I'd much rather planes  were removed as human controllable and instead we paid CP to "call in" airstrikes - either anti Armor, AP or even air defence (against other AI planes).

These planes would spawn in already in flight, towards the edge of the battle area.

Possible? Not sure, but I'd prefer this and have players attacking/defending zones than having players in the air or camping airfields..

It's kind of moot for me anyway as I don't play on the large maps for precisely this reason; too many planes in the air just spoils the game, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hostilian said:

I'd much rather planes  were removed as human controllable and instead we paid CP to "call in" airstrikes - either anti Armor, AP or even air defence (against other AI planes).

These planes would spawn in already in flight, towards the edge of the battle area.

Possible? Not sure, but I'd prefer this and have players attacking/defending zones than having players in the air or camping airfields..

It's kind of moot for me anyway as I don't play on the large maps for precisely this reason; too many planes in the air just spoils the game, IMHO.

Problem is. ArmA AI can not handle aircraft in any half decent way when it comes to combat.

@Jezuro Warlords Redux 0.57

There is not available to rearm Neophron:

Xian have problem with landing on Sand Lake:

On 5/10/2020 at 6:06 AM, Hostilian said:

Honestly. You have the correct idea, and I 100% agree with you. There is already an AI airstrike function in Zeus for all the aircraft, spawns a plane far away that flies an attack run and drops bombs or fires rockets and cannons at the assigned target. There's plenty of time to shoot down the plane before and after, and the attacks are much more tactically realistic and balanced than the absurd CAS spam we see with player controlled planes. Again, multi-million dollar air superiority fighters from two factions would not be operating from ridiculously short dirt airstrips less than 10 km from the enemy front line and airbases. They would operate long distance from bases in friendly territory, spend only a small amount of time in hostile AA territory, commence attack, then quickly leave. In real life planes don't just hang out 24/7 in heavily defended airspace launching rockets into a city with no fear of being shot down because the AA is useless. I'd like to join a game that is not a nighttime stalemate with single Neophron with 999 ping zooming around unopposed because titan can't lock on to his heavily dsyncing aircraft in the view distance that takes him 3 seconds to fly outside of.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Honestly. You have the correct idea, and I 100% agree with you. There is already an AI airstrike function in Zeus for all the aircraft, spawns a plane far away that flies an attack run and drops bombs or fires rockets and cannons at the assigned target. There's plenty of time to shoot down the plane before and after, and the attacks are much more tactically realistic and balanced than the absurd CAS spam we see with player controlled planes. Again, multi-million dollar air superiority fighters from two factions would not be operating from ridiculously short dirt airstrips less than 10 km from the enemy front line and airbases. They would operate long distance from bases in friendly territory, spend only a small amount of time in hostile AA territory, commence attack, then quickly leave. In real life planes don't just hang out 24/7 in heavily defended airspace launching rockets into a city with no fear of being shot down because the AA is useless. I'd like to join a game that is not a nighttime stalemate with single Neophron with 999 ping zooming around unopposed because titan can't lock on to his heavily dsyncing aircraft in the view distance that takes him 3 seconds to fly outside of.

How about we don't turn warlords into antistasi.

Aircraft aren't the problem. Vehicle spam & rearm is, as you will recall, your nemesis a couple posts back was an angara shooting HE shells... What would solve this would be 30 min rearm cooldowns on all vehicles, as well as higher buy prices. That will force players to use their ammo more strategically rather than carpet bombing & immediately rearming.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, Sophecles said:

How about we don't turn warlords into antistasi.

Aircraft aren't the problem. Vehicle spam & rearm is, as you will recall, your nemesis a couple posts back was an angara shooting HE shells... What would solve this would be 30 min rearm cooldowns on all vehicles, as well as higher buy prices. That will force players to use their ammo more strategically rather than carpet bombing & immediately rearming.

I agree that vehicle spam/unlimited rearm is the problem. That doesn't invalidate the fact that aircraft in and of themselves are also a large problem in this gamemode for the above mentioned reasons. Has nothing to do with Antistasi. The combination of rearm problem with unrealistic vehicle capabilities and balance is the problem. Very few players I've played with actually enjoy the planes and the problems they bring with them. As soon as Telos gets activated and Neophrons start rapid firing their rockets in there its time to leave the server cause skill doesnt matter at 10 FPS. That plus nightime, and just watch all the players leave a stalemate server for a fresh match. Infantry combat brings out the best in Arma, not the unrealistic flying-on-rails arcade planes. Everyone knows Arma is glitchy, but some of the vehicles are just on another level when it comes to retarded physics and unrealistic durability. GBU literally meters from a unarmored Shikra and it survives, one Vorona hit on strongest part of Slammer's armor destroys it, through the ERA. That kind of stuff is far from the only problem though. One Kajman or Shikra exploiting bad view distance and lag can literally flip an entire match with Blufor 3 sectors from Opfor base, likewise, one Blufor Pawnee whack-a-mole guy can ruin Opfor's whole offensive by backcapping empty sectors near the center of the map and sticking turrets everywhere. Both I experienced today. Neophron can literally "carpet bomb" with rockets without unlimited reload, can it do that in real life, sure.  But is anyone really gonna argue that a CAS jet with its 40 or so rockets against infantry on the ground is fair or fun, when battles are typically smaller than 12 versus 12? Something tells me the "force multipliers" in Warlords are not proportional to their opposition. And that is an understatement. Any of the planes for that matter. Any time we spawn in a match with Neo rocketing the contested sector spawn we just leave. There is no reason to play this, and I'm not going to stick around to save 13500 CP each for more Blackwasps to be spawnkilled. Or 40,000 for SAM which dies to a pebble which it was unfortunately placed upon. The biggest problem of all is non-participating players, which I blame on poor game organization and unnecessarily difficult menus. Sure there are stupid players, but its hard to blame them when they gotta click 4 buttons just to move out of the TK zone. Almost never see less than 30% of team in base. While a couple actually good players decide the whole match in one on one whack-a-mole combat. This is a mess, indicated by the fact that only a fraction of players still play warlords compared to how popular it was when it was released.

Hi all,

i have a trouble with an error in warlods, so i put RHS & SpR addon, this last work well but RHS cannot be bought in the menu, other yes only infant RHS canot be bought.

0440f65321f36c8d39a8fb7f8ea83095.md.jpg

c7364d11c24ae0518c5a19b78d254731.md.jpg

Description.ext

Spoiler

class CfgWLRequisitionPresets
{
    class MyWLAssetList
    {
        class WEST
        {
            class Infantry
            {
                class B_HeavyGunner_F
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_medic_F
                {
                    cost = 125;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_Sharpshooter_F
                {
                    cost = 280;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_sniper_F
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_Soldier_A_F
                {
                    cost = 150;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_soldier_AA_F
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_soldier_AR_F
                {
                    cost = 150;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_soldier_AT_F
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_Soldier_F
                {
                    cost = 100;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_Soldier_GL_F
                {
                    cost = 125;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_soldier_LAT_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_soldier_LAT2_F
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_soldier_M_F
                {
                    cost = 150;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_soldier_repair_F
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
           };
           class Vehicles
           {
                class B_Quadbike_01_F
                {
                    cost = 50;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsusf_m113d_usarmy_MK19
                {
                    cost = 1500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsusf_m113d_usarmy_M240
                {
                    cost = 1250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsusf_m1025_d_Mk19
                {
                    cost = 1000;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsusf_m1025_d_m2
                {
                    cost = 750;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class RHS_M2A3
                {
                    cost = 3500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsusf_m1a1hc_wd
                {
                    cost = 5000;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
           };
           class Aircraft
           {
                class B_Plane_CAS_01_dynamicLoadout_F
                {
                    cost = 7500;
                    requirements[]={"A"};
                };
                class B_Plane_Fighter_01_F
                {
                    cost = 10000;
                    requirements[]={"A"};
                };
                class B_Plane_Fighter_01_Stealth_F
                {
                    cost = 12500;
                    requirements[]={"A"};
                };
                class rhs_uh1h_hidf_gunship
                {
                    cost = 2500;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class rhs_uh1h_hidf_unarmed
                {
                    cost = 1500;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class RHS_AH1Z
                {
                    cost = 5000;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class RHS_AH64D
                {
                    cost = 6000;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
           };
           class Naval
           {
                class rhsusf_mkvsoc
                {
                    cost = 1500;
                    requirements[]={"W"};
                };
                class rhsgref_hidf_assault_boat
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={"W"};
                };
            };
            class Gear
            {
                class Box_NATO_Ammo_F
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class B_supplyCrate_F
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_NATO_AmmoOrd_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_NATO_AmmoVeh_F
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_NATO_Grenades_F
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_NATO_Wps_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_NATO_WpsLaunch_F
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_NATO_WpsSpecial_F
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
            class Defences
            {
                class B_HMG_01_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
        };
        class EAST
        {
            class Infantry
            {
                class rhssaf_army_o_m93_oakleaf_summer_spotter
                {
                    cost = 90;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_sso
                {
                    cost = 110;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_vdv_recon_grenadier_scout
                {
                    cost = 150;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class av_sf_Grenadier
                {
                    cost = 140;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_omon9
                {
                    cost = 50;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsgref_tla_rifleman_m1
                {
                    cost = 30;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhssaf_army_o_m10_digital_exp
                {
                    cost = 130;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_Sold_STR_2
                {
                    cost = 150;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class av_Rifleman3_m_LG
                {
                    cost = 150;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_vmf4
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_vmf2
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_vmf5
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_sso7
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsgref_tla_machinegunner
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhsgref_tla_medic
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class AV_Sniper_8
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_vmf_flora_marksman
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_vmf_flora_at
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class av_SF_rpg3
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhssaf_army_o_m10_digital_spex_aa
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
            class Vehicles
            {
                class O_Quadbike_01_F
                {
                    cost = 50;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_tigr_sts_msv
                {
                    cost = 750;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_btr80a_vv
                {
                    cost = 2500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_btr70_vv
                {
                    cost = 2000;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class O_APC_Tracked_02_AA_F
                {
                    cost = 3000;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_bmd1r
                {
                    cost = 2500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_bmd1
                {
                    cost = 3000;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_bmd4_vdv
                {
                    cost = 3500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_t90a_tv
                {
                    cost = 7500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_t80a
                {
                    cost = 7000;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class rhs_t72ba_tv
                {
                    cost = 5500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
            class Aircraft
            {
                class RHS_Mi8AMT_vdv
                {
                    cost = 1500;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class RHS_Mi8mtv3_Cargo_vdv
                {
                    cost = 3000;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class RHS_Mi8MTV3_heavy_vdv
                {
                    cost = 4000;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class RHS_Mi24P_vdv
                {
                    cost = 5000;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class rhs_mi28n_vvsc
                {
                    cost = 6000;
                    requirements[]={"H"};
                };
                class O_Plane_CAS_02_dynamicLoadout_F
                {
                    cost = 7500;
                    requirements[]={"A"};
                };
                class O_Plane_Fighter_02_F
                {
                    cost = 10000;
                    requirements[]={"A"};
                };
                class O_Plane_Fighter_02_Stealth_F
                {
                    cost = 15000;
                    requirements[]={"A"};
                };
            };
            class Naval
            {
                class O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F
                {
                    cost = 1500;
                    requirements[]={"W"};
                };
                class O_Boat_Transport_01_F
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={"W"};
                };
            };
            class Gear
            {
                class Box_East_Ammo_F
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_East_AmmoOrd_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_East_AmmoVeh_F
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_East_Grenades_F
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_East_Wps_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_East_WpsLaunch_F
                {
                    cost = 300;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class Box_East_WpsSpecial_F
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
                class O_supplyCrate_F
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
            class Defences
            {
                class O_HMG_01_high_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
        };
    };
};

Someone know what about this?

Greetings

GAME BREAKING EXPLOIT GLITCH!

There is a really bad game breaking glitch in warlords where you can put turrets under the map on any beach shoreline of a sector your side owns so pushing forward is impossible. You can't play the game mode anymore as soon as more people figure this out.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, triggz671 said:

GAME BREAKING EXPLOIT GLITCH!

There is a really bad game breaking glitch in warlords where you can put turrets under the map on any beach shoreline of a sector your side owns so pushing forward is impossible. You can't play the game mode anymore as soon as more people figure this out.

This has been known for some time, I flagged it a couple months back on these forums though it has yet to be patched. Beer30 is one of the players who frequently does this on US east & West and thinks its totally fine. He even hides them under hills & rocks, only way to kill them is to glitch into the rocks yourself and shoot them.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:59 PM, CaptainDawson said:

I agree that vehicle spam/unlimited rearm is the problem. That doesn't invalidate the fact that aircraft in and of themselves are also a large problem in this gamemode for the above mentioned reasons. Has nothing to do with Antistasi. The combination of rearm problem with unrealistic vehicle capabilities and balance is the problem. Very few players I've played with actually enjoy the planes and the problems they bring with them. As soon as Telos gets activated and Neophrons start rapid firing their rockets in there its time to leave the server cause skill doesnt matter at 10 FPS. That plus nightime, and just watch all the players leave a stalemate server for a fresh match. Infantry combat brings out the best in Arma, not the unrealistic flying-on-rails arcade planes. Everyone knows Arma is glitchy, but some of the vehicles are just on another level when it comes to retarded physics and unrealistic durability. GBU literally meters from a unarmored Shikra and it survives, one Vorona hit on strongest part of Slammer's armor destroys it, through the ERA. That kind of stuff is far from the only problem though. One Kajman or Shikra exploiting bad view distance and lag can literally flip an entire match with Blufor 3 sectors from Opfor base, likewise, one Blufor Pawnee whack-a-mole guy can ruin Opfor's whole offensive by backcapping empty sectors near the center of the map and sticking turrets everywhere. Both I experienced today. Neophron can literally "carpet bomb" with rockets without unlimited reload, can it do that in real life, sure.  But is anyone really gonna argue that a CAS jet with its 40 or so rockets against infantry on the ground is fair or fun, when battles are typically smaller than 12 versus 12? Something tells me the "force multipliers" in Warlords are not proportional to their opposition. And that is an understatement. Any of the planes for that matter. Any time we spawn in a match with Neo rocketing the contested sector spawn we just leave. There is no reason to play this, and I'm not going to stick around to save 13500 CP each for more Blackwasps to be spawnkilled. Or 40,000 for SAM which dies to a pebble which it was unfortunately placed upon. The biggest problem of all is non-participating players, which I blame on poor game organization and unnecessarily difficult menus. Sure there are stupid players, but its hard to blame them when they gotta click 4 buttons just to move out of the TK zone. Almost never see less than 30% of team in base. While a couple actually good players decide the whole match in one on one whack-a-mole combat. This is a mess, indicated by the fact that only a fraction of players still play warlords compared to how popular it was when it was released.

Theres plenty of ways to counter nephrons, i.e, manpads, cheetahs, wasps, defenders. And like i mentionned earlier the problem isn't the plane itself, its the rearm. If rearms were slower, instead of blind-firing 20 missiles on a contested sector, pilots would have to pick their targets more carefully and drop 2 - 3. But logically there should be overall less planes & vehicles flying around, the team composition should be a triangle with most people being infantry, some armor, and very few planes/helos. Battlefield actually got his right by limiting the number of such vehicles on each side, though I could see that being frustrating for arma players, perhaps having a buying-queue system.

I agree though that theres are alot of gameplay loops in warlords that are plain boring & frustrating. Like players with voronas freshly spawning into a contested zone 1 shotting tanks, or like you mentionned, spending half of the night chasing backapers reseizing sectors behind your lines. Not sure what the solution is exactly to this, perhaps making voronas more expensive, & automatically re-locking seized sectors if they are 2 spaces behind the contested one... though its a bit discouraging because even if we come up with these ideas theres pretty much 0 patching going on with warlords...

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 1:13 PM, Sophecles said:

though its a bit discouraging because even if we come up with these ideas theres pretty much 0 patching going on with warlords...

There it is

Why do you think nearly 5 years and 65 pages of forum posts later there are still players making accounts to report Game Breaking glitch of turrets, not realizing this has been brought up 500,000 times already. Because it hasn't been fixed. That's the problem. This discussion doesn't really have a point anymore.

I've managed to work around the lack of ordering planes and having them fly to a carrier in Warlords by using triggers and scripts..

I've created and am testing a NEW Malden 2035 Warlords mission which has a new Blufor Sector - to the West of Le Port. Moored here is the BluFor Aircraft carrier.

Ordering planes to Carriers using the Warlords interface just doesnt work, so I've added some triggers to order two types of planes and deduct CP as appropriate - namely the CAS and Black Wasp II. Switch on your engine and you can start the deck catapult launch sequence. Choppers etc are still purchased from Military island.

I've also tweaked the Blufor Base location , moving it round to the South coast, rather than the West coast (where it is in the standard Malden2035 mission).

This should help fix the common Blufor problem where they ignore the Arudy/Le Pessagne backdoor (whilst they're taking the Southern towns).

Anyway, I will get it onto a server if anyone wants to help test it..

Known issues..
-Autopilot landing doesn't work onto the carrier. I guess I could move it futher away from shore - but that can wait..

Q..

Is it possible to request some additional functionality for Warlords missing editing, so that when ordering a plane, you have the option to just specify precisely where it appears (rather than having it fly in and land - because airfields are a total pain in the ass in that regard).

Possibly by using a new map icon/marker, whatever, so the aircraft can appear directly on a carrier (rather than flying in).

I'm thinking of using it in the Malden 2035 map here; because, helpfully (not), both airfields are located in the far north of the map.

Of course, if this has already been done - or even better, there's a tutorial - please let me know.

Alternatively, please make a 'Malden 2036' map and move the airfield island (far NW) to the far SE..  😉

Hello, so I've got a warlords mission that i'm playing but when i stop for the day and come back to the mission warlords no longer works i can not recruit units or vote for what sector i want to attack.

any help on what i can do to fix this would be helpful. I am also the creator for the mission so if there is code I am missing in my description file i can add it.

Hello everyone.

I'd like to apologize for being absent for so long, unfortunately the work load with other projects and personal life didn't allow me to keep in touch in Warlords as much as I'd like to be.

It looks that I might have a some spare time to take a look at the most pressing matters and hopefully get some fixes into the next update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Good stuff.

edit... Looks like below is due to server maintenance (as per comment on Discord).
Quick question.. I had about 4 warlords servers in my favorites - and they all seem to be... errrr.... missing from the server list (from today).

Have the number of official Warlords servers taken a recent hit - or is this temporary??

Some things I've been able to tweak so far:

• It should be no longer possible to deploy static defences through an obstacle (wall, rock etc.); deployment will be cancelled if the asset being placed collides with another object
  • Mine dispensers filtered out from loaded loadouts
  • Assets below terrain are being periodically deleted
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3