dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

It's stands at this. Even though all you've seen in the new Terrain, which by the way, is one reason to buy the Expansion, if your tired of The Republic of Altis/Stratis, the point is that BIS have been working on a game they finished since release. It's technically done. And even though it is, they still update it, fix bugs, and support the community in many ways. That in itself is worth forking over my money to BIS than some other games could buy. I could Pre-Order the Division right now. Or i could wait for the Expansion. Having seen the new terrain, i can kinda guess what assets will be provided. That being said, it's worth it for me, to wait. Now of course, everyone has requests. But you can't have everything. I can pay for this Expansion, and i'm not guaranteed any Naval Assets, which is probably something i am certainly most hyped for. But i'm not complaining. Just take it as it is, and along the way, put in your thoughts, and hope BIS notices them, and takes them into consideration. They have about a year till release.

Are you talking to me? Because I am neither saying it is crap nor am I complaining.

Not at ALL, only to people who ARE complaining and saying it sucks.

Well they also talked greatly about modding support so my guess is whatever new feature we're getting it should be fairly easy to implement in existing addons.

At least we have that going.

If they even add support for logistics systems and make it worth having landing crafts in game i might even decide to finish my LCU-1600 for good.

Well they also talked greatly about modding support so my guess is whatever new feature we're getting it should be fairly easy to implement in existing addons.

At least we have that going.

If they even add support for logistics systems and make it worth having landing crafts in game i might even decide to finish my LCU-1600 for good.

Yes this is the bit that excites me the most - more modding suppport. Noone plays vanilla arma still do they? seriously ? Unless you're playing the campaign, but even then I load up blastcore and a few others ;)

I'd love to see a proper equipment editor that can deal with JIP for co-op/multiplayer built in.

I'd also love to see Zeus edits saveable to sqm so we can build bases without needing MCC or some other hack.

Kind of basic stuff that really - considering this was the Arma that started using workshop on steam - should've been in at the beginning.

Those 2 factors are the biggest hurdles to someone just picking arma up and making missions imo.

Edited by thefinn

Didn't that say previously that they're working on a full 3d Editor (i.e. Zeus + 2d Editor combined) for the expansion? To me this is the biggest thing i'm looking forward to in it. :D

Just popped into my tired old head just there, do BIS have a booth at E3 this year?

DX12 solves all problems? seems only an excuse to buy windows 10... like phyx in arma 3 seems an excuse to buy nvidia cards

anyways, didn't have to be Mantle to solves all problems for AMD?

if you think that physx is implemented ONLY to create nvidia sales then you should just stop criticizing video games (from every devs) just compare any physix game with a non physix and see the differences.

Jesus! Haha, awesome guys, it's hardly been one day and the drama starts, gonna be a long wait and loooong thread full of wasted internets by looks.

Jesus! Haha, awesome guys, it's hardly been one day and the drama starts, gonna be a long wait and loooong thread full of wasted internets by looks.

thats how it is everywhere...it will calm down by next week. you didnt read the comments on gamespot or ign yet...

Just popped into my tired old head just there, do BIS have a booth at E3 this year?

I've tried to ask in couple of topics if there's any live cameraman going through all the booths just like in last couple of years. I haven't got any answer. I haven't found that Gamespot doing that this year :( It was the best thing in E3 to watch him going on all kinds of booths and interview and I really liked to watch some indie stuff.

And I didn't found Bohemia having a booth in E3 from this year's floor site.

thats how it is everywhere...it will calm down by next week. you didnt read the comments on gamespot or ign yet...

It doesn't calm down around these ways, it festers and regurgitates and evolves into the kazillion post Arma waaa monster!

what sort of environment does create that feeling for YOU (very subjective here).

Well, i would have preferred a place that doesn't look like a holiday resort and where the civs wear something else than shorts. :p

Well, i would have preferred a place that doesn't look like a holiday resort and where the civs wear something else than shorts. :p

Fallujah power!!!

Ramadi battlefield!!!

Mogadiscio spirit!!!

Edited by Wiki

i just glanced over the thread this morning to see the video. looks very pretty. i had wished for some actual footage of a player walking through the terrain and especially the jungle. i like it though.

i didn't like the holiday feel of Altis but i think this is different. a jungle is a setting that makes sense for military stuff equally in terms of what people are used to seeing. south american anti drug operations, vietnam war, ww2 pacific theater.

greece. not so much. so i don't quite get that complain.

i also saw some talk about focus on civilians and even frikkin dinos. is any of that even based on info provided by the devs or are people just making shit up? i'm genuinely curious. some sources on it would be cool since the thread is growing fast.

just a thought on people saying there is a civ focus based on the video. keep in mind that this was a TERRAIN reveal. so all the vehicles and stuff where just ambient additions to make it look a little alive. i'm sure.

the military stuff will be shown later. again. not expansion reveal. TERRAIN reveal.

Edited by Bad Benson

i also saw some talk about focus on civilians and even frikkin dinos. is any of that even based on info provided by the devs or are people just making shit up? i'm genuinely curious. some sources on it would be cool since the thread is growing fast.

Watch what Dna said in the video (at 4:35):

He was talking about mods, nothing more but some players did not understand him properly I guess.

Seeing how much pacific island warfare and conflict there's been in the last 100 years, i'm pretty bewildered by people who say that this setting doesn't fit with a military game. Looks great to me, looking forward to more reveals about new content and features (3d editor!!)

Seeing how much pacific island warfare and conflict there's been in the last 100 years, i'm pretty bewildered by people who say that this setting doesn't fit with a military game. Looks great to me, looking forward to more reveals about new content and features (3d editor!!)

Basically that. +1

ah sweet! thx Papanowel!

didn't see the talking part yet. dx12 confirmed for the expansion. great!

i'll make sure to have huge expectations for performance improvements...no pressure :p

"green hell" sounds awesome to me. i always wanted something more wild. hoping for some places of interest that are not based on civilisation but rather little water falls and rock formations, maybe even some temple ruins, inside the remote jungle. would love to get lost in the jungle and navigate via natural landmarks and stuff.

i'm also hoping the whole dx12 update will also mean some new rendering stuff. i think epecially for rain it's crucial that they finally look into some techniques to dynamically increase material specularity globally. the jungle setting more than ever requires rain to look actually wet.

i'm also hoping the whole dx12 update will also mean some new rendering stuff. i think epecially for rain it's crucial that they finally look into some techniques to dynamically increase material specularity globally. the jungle setting more than ever requires rain to look actually wet.

Tropical storms, typhoons! mmm I love it.

Maybe following Altis, there will be also seismic movements: tsunamis! :p

i liked the hint at exploring the whole thing even underwater. i'm just having fun reading into stuff here but i hope that means the underwater is going to be more densly populated and interesting. especially in terms of height differences. i would love to explore some steep cliffs underwater leading me down to a place of no return ;)

Lol and how much in the last 25 years?

U.S. Forces have been deployed to Africa, Middle East and Europe.

Syria, Yemen, Uganda, Lebanon - all places that could provide unique and interesting experiences.

Just saying there were other options that might have suited a military sandbox better, based on recent conflicts.

Third Taiwan Crisis*, Lahad Dau Standoff, East Timor. Going slightly back past 25 years you got the wars between Vietnam and Cambodia, then China*. Numerous skirmishes between Asian Pacific nations regarding territory that almost 5 countries claim.

* Donates a superpower involvement. It's not a bigger stretch of the imagination for a conflict in that region more so than the Aegean.

Possibly, but what makes those more suited to a military sandbox compared to pacific islands? Just because there hasn't been any recent US forces fighting there?

I'm not saying i'm right or anything, it's all subjective, I just don't think they need to limit themselves to imitating real world recent conflicts, rather than imagining where near future conflicts might take place. That it gives players somewhere a little bit different is a good thing too I think.

U.S. Forces have been deployed to Africa, Middle East and Europe.

Syria, Yemen, Uganda, Lebanon - all places that could provide unique and interesting experiences.

Just saying there were other options that might have suited a military sandbox better, based on recent conflicts.

Everon = Middle Europe

Chernarus and Utes = East Europe

Altis and Stratis = Mediterranean Europe

So Europe is already kind of well covered.

Middle East = Takistan, Zargabad and Desert

Africa doesn't differ too much from the Middle East and North-Africa can be covered pretty much with current Arma 3 maps and OA maps.

Sahrani = South-America

So I'd say recent conflicts are well covered already.

China, Japan, Pacific, Australia was prety much the next logical place to go. And there we are at the pacific.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Our team has been anticipating to see a new faction with this reveal video, but yeah - expecting too much in the current phase. BIS please add a guerrilla faction with old-fashioned rifles (AKs, SKS, etc.), that would really boost up the A3.