Sign in to follow this  
Jo Man Dragon

New patch

Hey, what do you think about the list of changes in the new patch?

I love it, especially the civilian bycicle....lol

I hope it will be as good as it sounds...

This sounds awesome, especially for mission editing.

It seems that there will be some ability to use files during a mission.....

Events programming seems a HUGE improvement. It has incredible possibilities. For all pple complaining about the lack of statistics for players, this could be solved by event programming and file handling. Results could now be saved (I hope so) so that a script could update a web page with statistics.

And with the closing dialogs on mission end, we will be able to use the wonderful Kegetys spectator script.

I hope I'm not dreaming too much after having read Maruk's post, cause from a mission maker point of view, the possibilities are huge.

Whis'

It sure does sound nice.

But we are on #ofpec wonderring what this exactly means:

- New: Scripting: Function "private" introduces local variable in the innermost scope. ?

Suchey has implemented a great Stats program in our website,it makes playing alot more fun when you are working towards medals and honor! You can see the program in action here.....look under mtco stats...

digitalgrenade

SK, what I meant by stats was things like : accuracy with M21, preferred weapon, mostly killed by M16/Grenade/etc...

AFAIK, there is no prog as precise as this....

As the old adage says "Good things come to those who wait" and with Bis that always seems true, I can't wait for it to come out and I've cleaned out space on my ISP server to mirror it smile.gif

I may be blind, but neither by searching the forums nor by checking the official website can I find any information on this feature list. Can someone enlighten me please?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Oct. 07 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First post of the general forum, all over the top biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I am blind...  wow.gif   sad.gif   biggrin.gif

This list looks great. NearestObject working again, FlyinHeight for planes,... weeeeeeeee! smile.gif

And the new stuff sounds great, too!

Edit: Heureka! I just found the line with the addition of 'call', 'if', 'else' and 'while' instructions. A dream come true!!!

W00t!

This is indeed good news. I really love that they listened to us regarding the tanks. I also appreciate that they even took their time to repair some radio menue items and the like. Thumps up!

However, I am a little disappointed that some problems don't seem to be rated as serious issues by the developers. Namely, this would be: Abuse of "lock-on" in muliplayer games (wildly clicking on a very far away area in the hope to catch a target box of a yet non-visible enemy unit), consistance of weapon damage (why is a 5.56 bullet from a G36E more likely to kill than a 5.56 from a M16, and why is a 7.62 not more devastating than a 5.56confused.gif), missing or swapped .paa icons in the equipment menu (always this annoying mssg for green smoke and strela; g3 and fal were swapped; at4 uses carlgustav image;...), AI improvements (better pathfinding; aviation formations like seen in the resistance preview video; no more mid-air crashs;...) and a slightly more optimized radio command system (i.e. "ALL EXCEPT 2, GO TO.." instead of 1,3,4,5 GO TO..) with a rework of the radio priority so you can issue fire commands and navigation orders without having to wait until a 'enemy spotted' message is done.

Furthermore, the long mentioned Ural w/o cover, UAZ w/ PK and MI-17 w/o missiles would have been easy to make but great in effect, because of the new variety.

Another few features, which I would have liked to see in the patch was: Option for the tank commander to order gunners where to point the turret (badly needed for the bradley), more MP customizing variables (server-side deactivation of manual fire, ..); a more logic seat management for vehicles (be able to change seats while moving as long as this position could be reached like changing from backseat to gunner in M113 or from commander to gunner in M60, and removing the option to change from positions which could not be reached without exiting the vehicle like from gunner to driver on M1), a little rework of the full auto-mode, which will always trigger 2-5 shots (depending on the real ROF) which makes using this mode less predictable, especially for MGs; and lastly, a bipod feature for machineguns, which would increase accuracy when deployed.

Don't get me wrong, the patch WILL be great. I will be looking forward to it, but these "few" things were on my personal list what i would have liked to see. Ah well, maybe with the next patch, if there will be one. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">* West / pilot with hand gun: Standard pilot with new Smith and Wesson revolver.

* West / silenced BlackOp: BlackOp with satchel charges and HK and hand gun, both silenced.

<span id='postcolor'>

Juhooo... I only hope they changed the original units because than the handguns (they seem perfectly improved) would be part of the old campaign!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Improved: AI Airplane mgun engaging improved.

- Fixed: A10 cannon adjusted to cause more damage<span id='postcolor'> Finally...

And some great scripting fixes!

Of course the fucking bis can't relase a patch with add-ons from 1.60 MP TEST for all lang OFP versions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Oct. 07 2002,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do they mean the mini as in this? confused.gifmini.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

this would be awesome!

I just love the new scripting features! Btw, I'll release my new dialog tutorial version as soon as the patch is released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- Improved: AI Airplane mgun engaging improved.

- Added: functions (nular) sideEnemy, sideFriendly

- Improved: AI: Smarter target selection, especially for planes

Added: functions velocity, setVelocity

- New: Scripting: flyInHeight now affects not only helicopters, but also planes.

- Fixed: Tanks no longer slide aside when standing on the hills.

- Fixed: Tanks jumping after getting in, especially on the hill.

- Fixed: Tank braking singnificantly faster.

- New: Addons and scripting: Customizable event handlers for events:

Killed, Hit, Dammaged, GetIn, GetOut, Init,

Engine, Gear, Fuel, Fired, IncomingMissile.

- New: Support for bicycle pedals animation.

- Fixed: Allow captive be in vehicle with enemies<span id='postcolor'>

MAN this is really great! Most of the stuff I was complaining about and wishing for! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif And the rest is just as good or better.

So much work, I am amazed.....

Thanks for listening to our requests and desires to whole BIS team.

BIS, what about the slider function in dialogs? Are you going to implement that? Please do, i know a few people who want this bad. wink.gif

sad.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Oct. 07 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS, what about the slider function in dialogs?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it is implemented in this patch as well. I am not sure how can it be missing from the fix list.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Oct. 07 2002,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Oct. 07 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS, what about the slider function in dialogs?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it is implemented in this patch as well. I am not sure how can it be missing from the fix list.<span id='postcolor'>

how about the custom dialog bug in multiplayer when they dont get closed when the mission ends? I hope thats fixed too :/

Question sir: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Fixed: MP: Remote grenades and bullet tracers are now visible.

- Fixed: MP: Missile direction was not transfered to other clients.

- Fixed: MP: Fired flares were not transfered to other clients.<span id='postcolor'>

Will this affect camCreated missiles/bombs/other in MP sessions?

OT: still no multiple controller support confused.gif no setMarkerText, getMarkerText, Mp marker support confused.gif can't unmap LMB confused.gif Maybe next time right smile.gif

Nothing about soldier AI... /me disappointed.

Still, the rest of the fixes and new improvements look good - shame that the jumpy tanks have to go!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Oct. 07 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Oct. 07 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS, what about the slider function in dialogs?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it is implemented in this patch as well. I am not sure how can it be missing from the fix list.<span id='postcolor'>

Yah! Thanks Suma, any other features like checkboxes going to be added?  smile.gif

Oh, and what kind of size are we looking at here? confused.gif 30Mb?

wow.gif PEACE