By Cirav

Serverkey included

Map size : 10km x 10km

Google map

Requirements :

-JBAD Buildings : www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26806

-RSPN Cave Systems : www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27493

Description :

Kidal is a town and commune in the desert region of northern Mali. The town lies 285 km northeast of Gao and is the capital of the Kidal Cercle and the Kidal Region. The commune has an area of about 9,910 km2 and includes the town of Kidal and 31 other settlements.

On 30 March 2012, Kidal and its military base were captured by the National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad as part of the Tuareg rebellion for the independence of Azawad. A spokesman for the Malian military junta said "To preserve the life of the people of Kidal, the military command decided not to prolong the battle".Gao and Timbuktu were captured within the next 48 hours, and on 6 April, the National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad declared the independence of Azawad from Mali. In the course of the conflict the MNLA lost their control to Islamist militias.

On 30 January 2013 French and Malian forces moved into the town to bring it back under government control.

On 14 December 2013, a car bombing in Kidal killed two United Nations peacekeepers.

On 21 May 2014, MNLA forced government troops in Kidal to retreat after heavy fighting, capturing the military base.

Source

Spécial thanks :

-F.S.F for Wiki Labs

-Mikero for his tools

360892map.jpg

7699524701.jpg

8807534504.jpg

7136772108.jpg

3670345403.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one Cirav!

Hope for OFrP and this map, would be so awesome!

Looks great so far. Dunno about this particular region but she needs a bit of vegetation, trees, etc. Looking forward to playing on it :)

Very nice, great idea too, africa doesn't get enough love in the ArmA scene.

One criticism though, the default altis lighting and ground textures/clutter makes a horrible match for Mali. Need that red earth.

Great job Cirav! I'm glad you didn't pick the same region for a new map ;) *pheew*

Looks like a cool WIP for an island.

I am not particularly knowledgeable about Mali, but I figure you could probably find some way to make use of objects besides just those OA buildings.

Like for instance, using a3 walls in some places or using some of those like lattice things that the grape vines grow on (that are commonly on stratis/altis)

Also maybe ask if you can use mgb_africanbuildings (packed into your island preferably ) for some buildings in the urban environment (hint: they worked really cool on duala how icebreakr used them) ;)

Quite a unique choice of setting and seems like it could be a very cool map.

it would be awesome to see a standalone version though without anything as requirements, you have a pretty good reputation as an established addon/island maker Cirav, you should ask permission to pack JBAD buildings into your file (as James who made Kunduz did).

I am not sure what those caves are for, IMO caves are quite usually a gimmick in arma and I would never really think its worth having an addon dependency but that is defintley your call.

Good luck on the island, I hope to make some cool scenarios on it,

Whoa, very nice! Looking forward to witness the progress on the terrain! Seems it's most fitting for nighttime spec-op missions!

Looks great ^^ Keep going :)

Yay! Finaly a true Mali map. Looking good, can' t wait to see more progress of it.

One criticism though, the default altis lighting and ground textures/clutter makes a horrible match for Mali. Need that red earth.

I agree, as long as it' s not overdone. FSF Dariyah is one of my favourite maps, but the ground looking orange from a distance has long been a source of laughter for my friends and i.:D

Hi Cirav, this is good to see your new project.

One question, did you have physicals glitches with RSPN Cave System when BIS updated physx ? Are they fixed now ?

Keep up the good work, I really like you maps, especially Imrali. I also hope you've found a highres satview. :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Looks like a cool WIP for an island.

I am not particularly knowledgeable about Mali, but I figure you could probably find some way to make use of objects besides just those OA buildings.

Like for instance, using a3 walls in some places or using some of those like lattice things that the grape vines grow on (that are commonly on stratis/altis)

Also maybe ask if you can use mgb_africanbuildings (packed into your island preferably ) for some buildings in the urban environment (hint: they worked really cool on duala how icebreakr used them) ;)

Quite a unique choice of setting and seems like it could be a very cool map.

it would be awesome to see a standalone version though without anything as requirements, you have a pretty good reputation as an established addon/island maker Cirav, you should ask permission to pack JBAD buildings into your file (as James who made Kunduz did).

I am not sure what those caves are for, IMO caves are quite usually a gimmick in arma and I would never really think its worth having an addon dependency but that is defintley your call.

Good luck on the island, I hope to make some cool scenarios on it,

I'll try to do with the creator of JBAD and RSPN to include their mods in my map.

For mgb_africanbuildings I have not found A3 version and I 'm not about to have permission to use the buildings on a map A3. I'll find out.

On soil texture AiATP I do not use so I do not have access to OA textures.

For light I'll try to change it but for now I have a lot of whelk with the placement of buildings.

Hi Cirav, this is good to see your new project.

One question, did you have physicals glitches with RSPN Cave System when BIS updated physx ? Are they fixed now ?

No I have not noticed any bug with physics on the mod RSPN.