mikey74

Ambient battle sounds Module

Yup I've had several guys who run servers say it works flawlessly ;) Enjoy

It seems like that should work, but with the script version, for whatever reason i'm still getting the RPT error of "Cannot load sound '[file name here]'." it's pointing to the right sound, the path and location both look good, i'm not sure what else could be wrong?

Hi,

I ask again; What does Battle Radius do?

Also does the size of the trigger that the module is connected to matter at all?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

@ Soulis6 do not use spaces in mission name. ;) If you mission is I do not read.stratis. It will not find the sound files. So what you need is I_do_not_read.Stratis or Idonotread.Stratis. ;) lol :) Sorry for sarcasm this is the 3rd or 4th time explaining this. lol Well probably just 2 hear on the forum. But 2 extra times with team members. Love you guys!!!! :D

@Phonic Battle Radius will increase random distance from which sounds get played. If its set to 100 then it will be 100 meter radius around central point or 1000 is 1000 meter Radius making it a bigger battle field. ;) Triggers only effect when you want module activated. Not battle radius. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

I really like this mod.. It contributes a lot to the war feeling during a mission.

so how do i add this into the editor??

"Basically is a module found in the effects category of the module section."

so how do i add this into the editor??

In Eden, under Effects there is a range of Modules that have no names that easily identifies as belonging to this, so I abandoned that idea.

So in summary, to get this to work for me (as a script):

1. Place AMBS folder and the init.sqf code into the root of your mission folder;

2. Place any size trigger with Type: None and Activation: None;

3. Condition: time > 1

4. On Activation: In the AMBS\fn_Battle.sqf file there are instructions on how to set granular parameters of the sounds. I think however there may be a bug in the sqf outputting something about pitch?

Enjoy the aural show!

Works in the editor just fine for me and I'm 1.61 Dev Build. Just sync with the trigger and bam, done. Immersion levels are 10 fold! Not that I've been in real combat though 

wow. I havnt looked on this thread in a while. I thought there was no interest in ambs anymore. btw MOVING AGAIN! Soo once I get settled AGAIN and get my scheduled worked out. I'll look into making an update for this one. I also need to find a good turorial or someone willing to take the time to show me have to make modules work correctly in Zeus and Eden. Specially Zeus. If that happens I'll start creating more modules. Right now just released a unit mod. Going to put up that thread now.

• Like 3

wow. I havnt looked on this thread in a while. I thought there was no interest in ambs anymore. btw MOVING AGAIN! Soo once I get settled AGAIN and get my scheduled worked out. I'll look into making an update for this one. I also need to find a good turorial or someone willing to take the time to show me have to make modules work correctly in Zeus and Eden. Specially Zeus. If that happens I'll start creating more modules. Right now just released a unit mod. Going to put up that thread now.

Great to hear Mikey!

I am keen! 

Quick question. When it says 'Battle radius' is that meaning audible from the module position? Audible from the players position? Audible from the triggers positions? 

Cheers

Should be the position from the module or if synced to something from position of the something synced. ;)

• Like 3

Should be the position from the module or if synced to something from position of the something synced. ;)

So say I wanted to have a battle raging on from far away, but I sync the module with a trigger so when people drive/walk through it it goes off, that would then be from trigger position? Or the module position when synced to the trigger? 

Edit: You also said you might be looking into updating this mod? Just curious if that is still on the books or not? 

Cheers! 

I sync the module with a trigger

May I request the exact name of the module? I can't seem to locate it.

May I request the exact name of the module? I can't seem to locate it.

In the Eden editor its in Systems (F5) then on the menu on the right side of the screen look under "effects", "ambient battle sounds".

I would also like to let Mikey know that I have updated the sounds for my personal use.  Just the gunfire sounds, the Arty sounds are actually excellent and do add a lot of immersion.  The sounds I added are samples of real machine gun fire as well as urban gunfire that really add a new depth to this mod.  

I was hoping to ask you if you could add a feature into this mod when you get a chance that would feature the urban gunfire and bring those sounds to the forefront by adding a urban combat feature to the module GUI ?   

It's just a thought.  If your interested I would be happy to send you the updated sound mod that I have made so you can see if you like it.

If you do I will be happy to give you the updated sounds to include in a future release.

Its strictly up to you :)

• Like 3

This mod really adds a nice element to missions, and removes the 'alone' factor, which I find quite common with missions.

Keep up the good work !!

On 8/20/2016 at 2:24 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Who needs to have this mod installed? Just server and the mission creator or all players?

I am curious about this too.

Also, does anyone know if this mod works on a dedicated w/ JIP players?

Edited by kman_(kya)
Add question

Absolutely love the mod, its use pulls me right into the combat environment. We are testing it on one of our Platoon servers and everyone seems to be really enjoying it with no effect on performance. I have one question/request. Have you ever thought of creating Ambient Horizon Battle Flash's? The sounds would be even more immersive if we could drop something that would simulate an artillery strikes light flash's hitting several kilometers away, just out of site. What we would then see and hear would be even more immersive.

3 hours ago, Sgt K Cooper said:

Absolutely love the mod, its use pulls me right into the combat environment. We are testing it on one of our Platoon servers and everyone seems to be really enjoying it with no effect on performance. I have one question/request. Have you ever thought of creating Ambient Horizon Battle Flash's? The sounds would be even more immersive if we could drop something that would simulate an artillery strikes light flash's hitting several kilometers away, just out of site. What we would then see and hear would be even more immersive.

Hey Sgt K Cooper, are you using it on a dedi w/ JIP players coming in/out?

38 minutes ago, kman_(kya) said:

Hey Sgt K Cooper, are you using it on a dedi w/ JIP players coming in/out?

Actually I am not the server Admin. I will ask when I see one of them.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 10:09 PM, Sgt K Cooper said:

Actually I am not the server Admin. I will ask when I see one of them.

Thanks Sgt K Cooper.  Could you also ask the admin, who needs to have this mod installed? Just server and the mission creator or all players?

Hey mikey74, love the script!  Do you know if the 64-bit ArmA going to break the script?  

Edited by kman_(kya)
Ask about ArmA 64-bit

On 09/03/2017 at 10:49 AM, kman_(kya) said:

Thanks Sgt K Cooper.  Could you also ask the admin, who needs to have this mod installed? Just server and the mission creator or all players?

Hey mikey74, love the script!  Do you know if the 64-bit ArmA going to break the script?  

So far 64bit hasn't broken the script at all, though you still get the classic 'not an array' error pop up. 

3 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

So far 64bit hasn't broken the script at all, though you still get the classic 'not an array' error pop up. 

What's the 'not an array error?