antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

If I play a scenario with zeus everything will work completely fine. When we are done playing I save the scenario. Then when I load it up again nothing from ares works, it doesen't even show up in the modules list. Not even the hotkey Ctrl+doubleclick works on units. Please fix this.

Not sure it is only ares problem but some times people are teleported unwillingly at the 000, 000 with 500000ft air drop in nowhere.

Not sure it is only ares problem but some times people are teleported unwillingly at the 000, 000 with 500000ft air drop in nowhere.

I think i've seen this as well without this mod though. What other mods do you run? I'd consider reviewing those as well if you do. Not sure if its related to MCC or Drangos Command mod...

I think i've seen this as well without this mod though. What other mods do you run? I'd consider reviewing those as well if you do. Not sure if its related to MCC or Drangos Command mod...

Check the PM please XD

What about the ability to remove all optics by faction similar to the remove NVGs/Thermals option?

Also,

I understand this may be difficult but is it possible to change class (i.e. medic, repair, engineer, etc...) and faction (i.e. CSAT to NATO or vice verse) on the fly?

Is it possible to create a simple Garrison function. Within a fixed radius (similar to your add to zeus interface) Choose the faction you want and how many units and "Garrison".

That would be FAB !

SJ

Hi AntonStruyk

I was hoping you could add a convoy module. Creating convoys are such a pain, even with MCC.

Thanks so much for this mod, has dramatically increased the usefulness of zeus.

Cheers

@AntonStruyk - will it be possible to have a delay (variable) on the Teleport module ?? thanks

(* Teleport - Dropping the 'Teleporter' module on an object will now make that object a teleporte.....)

I tried running it alone with no other mods and it still doesen't work when I load it up again.

I have problem creating compositions. I can place them on the map but when I try to shift the whole composition to somewhere else almost every object of the composition is a the same single postion. Any suggestion what I can do with that? If I disable @ares this behaviour doesn´t happen.

Edited by CommanderX

What about the ability to remove all optics by faction similar to the remove NVGs/Thermals option?

Also,

I understand this may be difficult but is it possible to change class (i.e. medic, repair, engineer, etc...) and faction (i.e. CSAT to NATO or vice verse) on the fly?

1) I added an issue to remove weapon attachments (which would include optics).

2) There's an issue for changing sides on the fly already.

3) I'm not sure if there's a reliable way to change class on the fly that doesn't wreck havoc with a ton of missions and scripts.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Is it possible to create a simple Garrison function. Within a fixed radius (similar to your add to zeus interface) Choose the faction you want and how many units and "Garrison".

That would be FAB !

SJ

I'm not sure I can do something that would be easier and more precise than the way you can garrison a town now. Unless you're doing HUGE swaths of land, it's pretty straightforward using the following steps:

* Select the group of units you want to use to populate from the groups menu (or individual units, I normally use small groups though)

* Zoom out a bit so you can see pretty much the whole town or area you want to garrison

* Hold CTRL and drop a few groups of units around the map near the buildings you want them to be in (holding CTRL prevents you from having to re-select from the menu all the time)

* Go to the Ares 'Garrison' module in the menu and select it

* Hold CTRL to drop the module on a member from each of the units that you dropped in the previous step.

It only takes a few seconds to do, and it lets you setup the town exactly the way you want. I don't want to go down the road of trying to re-create some of the existing 'auto-populate the map' functionality that is already covered by mods like ALiVE.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Hi AntonStruyk

I was hoping you could add a convoy module. Creating convoys are such a pain, even with MCC.

Thanks so much for this mod, has dramatically increased the usefulness of zeus.

Cheers

I'm not sure how I could do it in a way that was customizable enough to be useful, but still simple enough to be an improvement on just making the convoy yourself.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

@AntonStruyk - will it be possible to have a delay (variable) on the Teleport module ?? thanks

(* Teleport - Dropping the 'Teleporter' module on an object will now make that object a teleporte.....)

What's the reasoning behind adding a variable delay? IIRC it already takes a few seconds to do the fade in/out when teleporting.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

I have problem creating compositions. I can place them on the map but when I try to shift the whole composition to somewhere else almost every object of the composition is a the same single postion. Any suggestion what I can do with that? If I disable @ares this behaviour doesn´t happen.

This does in fact occur without Ares running. It's a BIS bug with Zeus. Go here and vote it up if you want it to be fixed: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21838

Garrison. Ha that's EXACTLY how I do it...... Takes about 2 - 3 mins I suppose but would be good to do it with one click - sometimes I spot an AO has limited Ai - so will be very boring for approaching Players, so I have like 10 seconds before they get there to fix it...

Either way it's a nice to have not an essential :-)

SJ

If I play a scenario with zeus everything will work completely fine. When we are done playing I save the scenario. Then when I load it up again nothing from ares works, it doesen't even show up in the modules list. Not even the hotkey Ctrl+doubleclick works on units. Please fix this.

It sounds like the same issue as https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/141 ? If so, it's probably not going to be fixed for a while, SP support isn't high on my priority list since 90% of Zeus use is for running MP missions with players. If someone knows what's going on or has a patch they want to submit that'd be cool though :)

Hi Anton,

didn´t know that and it was like Ares running and it happens, Ares not running and everything´s fine. Sorry for blaming @Ares. Upvoted as recommended.

Will you make reinforcement module compatible with other factions? (third party addons)

There's currently support for adding specific factions to the reinforcement pools for mission makers - see the details here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras#defining-custom-reinforcement-pools and instructions on using the example data (which is written for RHS and CFB_Skins) here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras#using-the-example-reinforcement-pools

Support for setting these up client-side (without requiring the mission-maker to modify things) is being tracked in this issue: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/124

Here's something that would be useful.

I play a lot as Zeus - helping/hindering a set of Blufor players on our public map.

The one thing I cannot do as Zeus is put mines down. AP traps or indeed Anti-tank vehicle mines - as they show up on the map as warning marker placements. I cannot even do it as a "hijacked" enemy explosive unit as those mines too show up as little markers on the map.

Could you either make it possible to "swap" Zeus' allegiance; So zeus could spawn them in and place them as OPFOR Zeus so they wouldn't be seen.

OR just hide the markers in someway so they don't show up ?

hi anton,

thnx for your great mod. like it much.

is it possible to enhance the vanilla waypoints system with your mod?

it would be great if you can give specific kind of waypoints like in the arma editor

(hold, sentry, destroy, seek and destroy, ... and so on)

if possible with an area of operation setted via visible circle (and radius).

cheers

johnny

I wonder in a future version if it would be possible to incorporate simple animations into ARES.

Something which is missing from a lot of missions is that little bit of atmosphere, guys stood around talking, sat down etc. I have been using this script by Polpox

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182180-POLPOX-s-Calm-Animations-Script

If possible it would be very nice to have the ability to be able to select an animation from a list and apply to a unit.

I read through the wiki, used the search function on this thread, sorry if I'm asking double but at least I tried -

Can you create bases/compositions (objects and structures basically) and save them but load them right off mission start without interference with Zeus having to paste the code in?

Say you put it in a .sqf script or use the editor for pasting it in? (Without a Zeus player.)

(Effectively using the Zeus editor as a 3D editor. I only used ArmA 2's unfinished 3D editor for base building purposes - Zeus is a lot easier)

Edit:

Seems like a week and a half ago a script came out that allowed this - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187504-RELEASE-Zeus-Editor-Streamlined-(ZES)-v0-2

If used with Ares, this can be used for MP base building that can be eventually used in future missions (for groups; campaigns, deployments, etc) - Using one of Ares' simple yet brilliant functions - Add to Zeus to add other Zeus' objects to player and then have that player select his base, ctrl+c and done.

I'll be testing this to see if it works the way I hope it does ;)

Edit2:

Okay..there were more scripts out there that do this -_- Released weeks ago.../facepalm

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

I would really love the ability to rearm vehicles. Either by setting up a zone (say a WP marker, and add a radius around this) that does rearm/refuel, or just directly by dragging an icon onto a vehicle.

I'm not sure how I could do it in a way that was customizable enough to be useful, but still simple enough to be an improvement on just making the convoy yourself.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Hi AntonStruyk

Thanks for the reply. I believe it could be as usefull as your patrol script. Enabeling the number of vehicles, the type as well as where to start and end. It will just decrease the time it takes to do a convoy.

I also had a request that maybe you could setup a spawn UAV module which will then recon a certain area for the players.

Once again thanks for your awesome mod.

Cheers

Twak

Is there a quick and simple way to add ordinary Arsenal to a Ammo-box, with Ares?

Not the Basic (insert side) ammo-boxes?

Or do I have to do write the code in the box init?

Is there a quick and simple way to add ordinary Arsenal to a Ammo-box, with Ares?

Not the Basic (insert side) ammo-boxes?

Or do I have to do write the code in the box init?

Depending on exactly what you want there's a couple ways:

1) Double click on the box to open the inventory - then press 'Clear'. This removes all the 'normal' inventory items. Go through the items you want and press the '-' button to change the amount to 'infinite' (the symbol should change). If you have ANY items with 'infinite' amount in the box it will have arsenal. You can mix and match items in the 'normal' inventory and 'infinite' (arsenal) if you want. This is the normal behaviour for adding/removing arsenal items to an ammo box and doesn't have anything to do with Ares.

2) You can drop the Modules -> Arsenal -> 'All...' module on the box and choose from some options in that dialog. That will go through your current configs and add all weapons, ammo, items, uniforms, etc... that match the selected criteria. Side filtering works pretty well for vanilla weapons and armor, but lots of mod's don't configure their items with 'side' attributes so it'll tend to add all weapons, ammo and uniforms from mods.

This works on ammo boxes spawned during the mission through Zeus.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

I would really love the ability to rearm vehicles. Either by setting up a zone (say a WP marker, and add a radius around this) that does rearm/refuel, or just directly by dragging an icon onto a vehicle.

I think you can rearm/refuel vehicles just by double-clicking on them and moving the sliders for fuel/ammo can't you?

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Here's something that would be useful.

I play a lot as Zeus - helping/hindering a set of Blufor players on our public map.

The one thing I cannot do as Zeus is put mines down. AP traps or indeed Anti-tank vehicle mines - as they show up on the map as warning marker placements. I cannot even do it as a "hijacked" enemy explosive unit as those mines too show up as little markers on the map.

Could you either make it possible to "swap" Zeus' allegiance; So zeus could spawn them in and place them as OPFOR Zeus so they wouldn't be seen.

OR just hide the markers in someway so they don't show up ?

There's an issue already for spawning a minefield: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/66

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

hi anton,

thnx for your great mod. like it much.

is it possible to enhance the vanilla waypoints system with your mod?

it would be great if you can give specific kind of waypoints like in the arma editor

(hold, sentry, destroy, seek and destroy, ... and so on)

if possible with an area of operation setted via visible circle (and radius).

cheers

johnny

It's possible, but it's not really high on my priority list ATM. A lot of the advanced waypoint types require synchronization with other waypoints (e.g. hold) or can more easily be done by just giving normal waypoints in Zeus. E.g. 'Seek and Destroy' is just like putting the units on 'combat' and moving them towards the enemy. Some of the specific actions they might take (like planting a bomb or mine or something like that) may get a module to perform that action since you can't really do that already.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

I wonder in a future version if it would be possible to incorporate simple animations into ARES.

Something which is missing from a lot of missions is that little bit of atmosphere, guys stood around talking, sat down etc. I have been using this script by Polpox

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182180-POLPOX-s-Calm-Animations-Script

If possible it would be very nice to have the ability to be able to select an animation from a list and apply to a unit.

This was requested already: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/78

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

I read through the wiki, used the search function on this thread, sorry if I'm asking double but at least I tried -

Can you create bases/compositions (objects and structures basically) and save them but load them right off mission start without interference with Zeus having to paste the code in?

Say you put it in a .sqf script or use the editor for pasting it in? (Without a Zeus player.)

(Effectively using the Zeus editor as a 3D editor. I only used ArmA 2's unfinished 3D editor for base building purposes - Zeus is a lot easier)

Edit:

Seems like a week and a half ago a script came out that allowed this - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187504-RELEASE-Zeus-Editor-Streamlined-(ZES)-v0-2

If used with Ares, this can be used for MP base building that can be eventually used in future missions (for groups; campaigns, deployments, etc) - Using one of Ares' simple yet brilliant functions - Add to Zeus to add other Zeus' objects to player and then have that player select his base, ctrl+c and done.

I'll be testing this to see if it works the way I hope it does ;)

Edit2:

Okay..there were more scripts out there that do this -_- Released weeks ago.../facepalm

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yeah, there are other scripts that might be more targetted at that use-case. That said, it wouldn't be too hard to make this do-able if the server was running @Ares, since the pasting code is already there. It's pretty straightforward in the module - it's really just a '[objNull, <arrayOfData>] call Ares_fnc_ObjectsMapper' invocation that does the work. The values @Ares exports for the level build (and pretty much all saving/loading) is just an array of data that can be passed to that function.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

I believe it could be as usefull as your patrol script. Enabeling the number of vehicles, the type as well as where to start and end. It will just decrease the time it takes to do a convoy.

I also had a request that maybe you could setup a spawn UAV module which will then recon a certain area for the players.

I still think it would be more complicated to set all the parameters than just dropping in the right units, grouping them up (CTRL-Dragging the vehicles together), and giving them a move waypoint. To do a module right, there's lots of things that would need to be set (vehicle types and counts, crew types and counts, waypoints for driving, etc...) that are non-trivial. I'll open an issue for it ( https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/173 ) since it's been mentioned a few times - that way at least it won't be forgotten.

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you describe it more fully? What exactly would it do? Or would it just creating a UAV and give it a waypoint?

After much fiddeling and hairpulling I'm giving up on that.

If only Ares had a module that just turn it into the ordinary Virtual Arsenal, like what you can do with MCC with just a few simple clicks.

Not with alot of options.