if (isNil "Ares_CustomMissionObjectData") then
{
Ares_CustomMissionObjectData = [];
};

Ares_CustomMissionObjectData pushBack [
"allowDamage false, 50m",
{
	_dist = 50;
	{_x allowDamage false} forEach (nearestObjects [_this select 0, ["All"], _dist]);
	objNull
}
];

It would then be available under Spawn category in modules as Zeus.

Edited by cuel

Yes

You could do this in init.sqf

if (isNil "Ares_CustomMissionObjectData") then
{
Ares_CustomMissionObjectData = [];
};

Ares_CustomMissionObjectData pushBack [
"allowDamage false, 50m",
{
	_dist = 50;
	{_x allowDamage false} forEach (nearestObjects [_this select 0, ["All"], _dist]);
	objNull
}
];

It would then be available under Spawn category in modules as Zeus.

Thanks for your big help

however my code skill and knowledge is pretty short and small

so don't know which init.sqf you are talking about. should i just paste in mission file's init.sqf?

Any way you could put in a module that will change allegiances. It would be great to fill a town up with independents. Have my guys go in dressed like them, not be shot and everything go to hell and be able to switch it over so the independents are now enemies.

A module where you can change what side will attack what side and be able to switch it on the fly would be SOOOO freaking awesome.

Does @ares work with 1.40. I've experinced problems in previous version like unable to have any items in a zeus placed box, etc. Is that fixed?

Any way you could put in a module that will change allegiances. It would be great to fill a town up with independents. Have my guys go in dressed like them, not be shot and everything go to hell and be able to switch it over so the independents are now enemies.

A module where you can change what side will attack what side and be able to switch it on the fly would be SOOOO freaking awesome.

FYI There's an open issue for this module already: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/126

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Does @ares work with 1.40. I've experinced problems in previous version like unable to have any items in a zeus placed box, etc. Is that fixed?

There was a discussion on some Zeus issues with the 'Add All...' functionality earlier in this thread (with some workarounds). I created an issue here https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/178 but haven't had a chance to do any real investigation into the issue recently.

I'm not the author of Ares so I don't know for sure, but i know based on trying it out myself and other mods that have tried it, that you can't switch player's (you may be able to do normal units) sides during runtime without running into a lot of problems. Unless that's changed in arma recently i'm assuming that's still true.

What I do for Zeus stuff though, when i want to do as you said, have players walking among the enemy, or when they're going on a stealth mission behind enemy lines (arma's AI is not great about stealth, they tend to go from 'safe' to 'instantly shooting'), I use the setCaptive variable to flag the players as not a threat. If you use

playername setCaptive true

then enemies won't shoot the player's, they get moved to the civilian side (in Zeus' view at least), and you can later set it to false when you want them to be engaged as normal again.

Never sinlge mind sorry it worked sorry!

Edited by kgino1045

Any news about being to place mines or minefields that your own side I.e. bluefor can't see ?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Any news about being to place mines or minefields that your own side I.e. bluefor can't see ?

Use civ faction as zeus, dat usally make solve that problrm

Tried to find a way to make the mines spawn correctly this evening ( https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/180 ) but blocked on not being able to add the created mines to zeus... If anyone knows a workaround (other than just attempting to add the mine via. 'addCuratorEditableObjects') I'm all ears.

If anyone knows a workaround (other than just attempting to add the mine via. 'addCuratorEditableObjects') I'm all ears.

What's wrong with addCuratorEditableObjects? Does it make multiple-zeus support harder? Or are you already trying it and it doesn't work?

EDIT: Forgot to say how much I'd love to see this feature and how awesome @ares is. It makes Zeusing a lot more enjoyable!

Edited by ImperialAlex

What's wrong with addCuratorEditableObjects? Does it make multiple-zeus support harder? Or are you already trying it and it doesn't work?

EDIT: Forgot to say how much I'd love to see this feature and how awesome @ares is. It makes Zeusing a lot more enjoyable!

I tried it and it doesn't work, unfortunately.

I tried it and it doesn't work, unfortunately.

With AGM, I believe when you go unconscious it sets you to a civilian entity. Have you tried making it so Zeus is switched to a civilian while the mines are being placed? I read in one of those posts that placing a mine as a civilian doesn't put them on the map.

Also, I'm looking forward for another release!

With AGM, I believe when you go unconscious it sets you to a civilian entity. Have you tried making it so Zeus is switched to a civilian while the mines are being placed? I read in one of those posts that placing a mine as a civilian doesn't put them on the map.

Also, I'm looking forward for another release!

In my experience, mines show up to blufor as a civilian Zeus. I have not tried with an opfor Zeus, and would be curious to know.

New Release!

V.1.6.0

* Arsenal - Added ability to put full (unfiltered) Arsenal on an object.

* Arsenal - Renamed the 'Add All...' option to 'Add Filtered...'

* Behaviours - Fixed issue where AI units that were garrisoned wouldn't turn to shoot (#179)

* Equipment - Added ability to remove optics from enemy weapons.

* General - Fixed an issue where rejoining a dedicated server would sometimes prevent proper Ares registration.

* General - Totally revamped adding custom modules. Better than ever. (See https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras#defining-custom-modules for details).

* Reinforcements - Armed technicals are no longer considered as transports (#172)

* Reinforcements - Fixed 'Least Used' RP's and LZ's not working (#167, #168)

* Util - Added 'Remove All Actions' module (can be used to remove Arsenal from objects).

* Util - Added module to change player sides during missions.

* Util - Added modules to enable/disable debug logs in RPT.

* Util - Replaced 'Go Invisible'/'Become Visible' action menu items with modules in the 'Util' section

(Sorry, no mines yet)

You can now add custom modules to Ares (or make your own sections) on the fly - as full fledged entries in the Zeus menu! If you're interested in adding things to @Ares specific to your mission (i.e. mod specific functionality, or things that I don't have in yet) checkout https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras#defining-custom-modules . There are some new modules implemented in https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/tree/master/src/addons/ares_zeusExtensions/scripts that you can look at as examples.

If you have custom modules you've made that you'd like to see integrated up into mainline feel free to contribute patches to https://github.com/astruyk/Ares .

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the update. I assume if we "change sides" then lay mines we're golden...?

Thanks for the update. I assume if we "change sides" then lay mines we're golden...?

Currently you can only change sides of all players. It'll probably be fleshed out in a point release shortly. I have no idea what effect (if any) it has on mine visibility.

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

New Release

V.1.6.1

* General - Fixed missing entry for 1.6.0 in readme.txt

* Util - Fixed issue where player groups were lost when switching sides (#186)

* Util - Added more options when changing player sides (#187)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

* Util - Added module to change player sides during missions.

This is awesome for rp missions !!!!! thx so much

Any luck to have a landing chopper feature ? Anyway your mod is soooo usefull.