antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

Ares is a mod aimed expanding the tools available to Zeus so that it is possible to create more varied and compelling missions. The goal is to add simple useful functionality to Zeus without requiring any extra mods running on other clients or the server.

Download

Download The Latest Version Here

Check out the wiki here

Features

* New Compositions introducing many more pre-created bases and obstacles for use in your missions.

* Expanded control over unit behaviours and equipment including:

* Ability to make enemy (or friendly) AI units surrender

* Building searching

* Garrisoning buildings

* Controlling flashlight and NVG use

* Firing artillery

* Generating patrol routes

* And more...

* Added ability to teleport friendly players and to create teleporters to allow them to move themselves between specific points in the mission

* Ability to save and load your own Zeus-placed structures via clipboard for re-use between missions

* Ability to save and load your custom Arsenal ammobox loadouts via the clipboard for re-use between missions

* Ability for Zeus to become invisible (and invincible) to watch over players unseen.

* Easy-to-use reinforcement modules to automatically transport and dismount units into battle

* Full compatibility with Dedicated servers and JIP missions

* No other mods required.

* And more...

Check out the wiki here for a full list and instructions or the github repository to browse the.

Module Overview Videos

Version 1.1.0 Changes

Older Videos (1.0.0)

License

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

Ares integrates code or contains code based on the following mods or scripts:

Ares is provided without warranty. Use at your own risk.

Edited by AntonStruyk
Update to generic release link.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

YEEEEEES~! This is Brilliant, thank you very much!

Can you make remote control in edit line? I'm sick of clicking thousand time for one remote control :(

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

its Great addon Ive ever seen.

But one problem.

its make Zeus with run only Vanila thing.

addons, like RHS, not shown up via Zeus

Great addon and very welcome with Zeus - thanks

I can't thank you enough for putting this together! I run Zeus missions for my community and you have made that so much easier. Thank You!

its make Zeus with run only Vanila thing.

addons, like RHS, not shown up via Zeus

Those mods work fine for me when running Ares. Can you disable just Ares and verify that the RHS is working without it? Maybe you have Zeus setup not to display unofficial mods?

If you're talking about the 'Reinforcements' modules in particular, that's a known issue - the available units need to be setup by hand ATM so only the vanilla game units are available. I'm working on improving this.

Edited by AntonStruyk
Added quote

Those mods work fine for me when running Ares. Can you disable just Ares and verify that the RHS is working without it? Maybe you have Zeus setup not to display unofficial mods?

If you're talking about the 'Reinforcements' modules in particular, that's a known issue - the available units need to be setup by hand ATM so only the vanilla game units are available. I'm working on improving this.

did you try with MCC?

I have the same issue with RHS and Zeus, they show up in the groups tab but not the single units tab. It's really weird cause if you place down one RHS group, the units in that group will show up in the single units tab afterwards so I don't really know what's up with that, but otherwise it's really good and useful, keep it up !

I have the same issue with RHS and Zeus....

So your issue is with RHS and Zeus independent of whether or not Ares is running? That is, even without Ares running you the single units not showing up until you spawn a group?

I got the same problem too.

I use a countless number of mods besides RHS and MCC (don't wanna play without them), but they aren't shown in zeus anymore since i installed Ares. Maybe it is a conflict between Ares and MCC. Both takes influence on zeus.

So your issue is with RHS and Zeus independent of whether or not Ares is running? That is, even without Ares running you the single units not showing up until you spawn a group?

No it's perfectly fine without Ares, but as soon as I run Ares I only get the Vanilla stuff

No it's perfectly fine without Ares, but as soon as I run Ares I only get the Vanilla stuff

Are you also running other mods (in particular MCC)? Or just RHS and Ares?

I don't have any problems with RHS, I do not use MCC.

Could you maybe add options to force the flashlights/lasers for whole sides? How does the Arsenal save and copy work? Can you add a function which adds flashlights to all units of a side?

I don't have any problems with RHS, I do not use MCC.

Could you maybe add options to force the flashlights/lasers for whole sides? How does the Arsenal save and copy work? Can you add a function which adds flashlights to all units of a side?

There's a video explaining using the arsenal functions here:

There's also a wiki with the same information for referene here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Arsenal

If you want to see specifically how it's implemented the code is open source and available on github. Specifically the entry point for the Arsenal stuff is in here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/tree/master/src/addons/ares_zeusExtensions/modules/Arsenal

I added an issue to make dropping the equipment modules in empty space give the option to apply to all units on a side: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/125

Edited by AntonStruyk
Added wiki link

Is is possible to add module that switch unit/player side? So team play as blu, but i want as ZEUS to create coverd mission, so I switch units players to opfor, and when they are in turn them again blue?

Very nice mod.

But I have problem with the patrol function.

Everytime i use this function on a dedicated server the patrol markers are at the bottom left corner of the map.

Very nice mod.

But I have problem with the patrol function.

Everytime i use this function on a dedicated server the patrol markers are at the bottom left corner of the map.

I'm not able to repro this in my (trivial) test case. Can you let me know:

* What map this was on.

* What other mods were running.

* What units (side/type) you were adding this to.

* Their approximate map location.

That might help me figure out why it's working for me but not you.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Is is possible to add module that switch unit/player side? So team play as blu, but i want as ZEUS to create coverd mission, so I switch units players to opfor, and when they are in turn them again blue?

It think it should be possible. I'll make an issue for it so I don't forget.

Ok here are some more details.

Map:

Altis (BIs default ZGM 48+2 mission)

Other Mods:

-CBA (Version: 1.0.9.140907 RC4) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

-AGM (Version: 0.94.1) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25779

What units..:

I tested with BLUFOR and CSAT

Map location:

You can spawn them everywher.

Spawn location makes no difference.

Also the Spawn Unit function in the Reinforcements menu has the same problem.

The units will spawn at the bottom left corner of the map in the water.

Some Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8unkpuhnr78kwhv/AACAk5h-iE7Ckk3oR5c1Rhcfa?dl=0

Hello,

great addition to Zeus, thank you for that.

I can confirm the conflict between mcc and ares. With only one of them every addon-units show up in zeus. With both only vanilla.

Must be something with the wait-for-zeus-function i guess...

cu

SerialMum

nice mod but i cant see any other mods in zeus after installing your mod i only see original faction that came up with the vanilla game

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Anton Struyk;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.