antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Ares")) then
{
   // Ares is loaded, register the custom module.
   ["My Category", "My Module", { [player] execVM "client\player\zeus\test.sqf"; }] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
};

test.sqf

_object = _this select 1;

if (isPlayer _object) then
{

[[[], "client\player\zeus\test_script.sqf"], "BIS_fnc_execVM", _object] call BIS_fnc_MP;
};

This creates error:

[[[], "client\player\ze>
15:34:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _object
15:34:17 File C:\Users\cat\Documents\Arma 3\missions\cat_zeus.Altis\client\player\zeus\test.sqf, line 30
15:34:29 Error in expression <bject = _this select 1;

What is wrong with this?

In the call you're using

[player] execVM "client\player\zeus\test.sqf";

Which is passing one parameter only (the array containing the player).

When you assign _object you're doing:

_object = _this select 1;

Which is attemting to use the 2nd item in the array (which is being passed as _this). Index '0' is the index of the player variable you passed in. Try this instead:

_object = _this select 0;

Also... Since you're passing 'player' into the execVM call, you could just pass nothing instead and retrieve the player directly (i.e. '_object = player;'). But, I assume that you're trying to pass the unit that the module was dropped on... In which in this case would be:

[_this select 1] execVM "client\player\zeus\test.sqf";

There's also no reason you can't just put the contents of test.sqf into the module itself. Something like:

[
   "My Category",
   "My Module",
   {
       _unitUnderCursor = _this select 0;
       if (not isNull _unitUnderCursor && isPlayer _unitUnderCursor) then
       {
           [[[], "client\player\zeus\test_script.sqf"], "BIS_fnc_execVM", _unitUnderCursor] call BIS_fnc_MP;
       };
   }
] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

(I think that'd work, I haven't tested it, there might be typos or something)

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

how do i add new vehicles to zeus/ares ?

Typically, it's up to the mod creator to expose vehicles to Zeus in the mod's config. If the mod is correctly configured it should show up without Ares doing anything, this is the best and most reliable way.

That said, you can hack in something to create vehicles that aren't exposed manually using a custom module though. Something like this should work:

[
"My Stuff",
"Spawn My Vehicle",
{
	"C_Offroad_01_F" createVehicle (_this select 0);
}
] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Thanks for the well written answer, I forgot that Ares is on github, otherwise I would have searched it for myself. Sorry for that. Was already pretty late when I wrote that.

There are actually two scripts that can be run (depending what module you run). The 'Garrison Units' function uses the link that Taylor posted, but if you use the 'Search And Garrison' function it runs this script: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/blob/master/src/addons/ares_zeusExtensions/functions/fn_SearchBuilding.sqf

Edited by AntonStruyk

artillery module doesnt seem to work with rocket arty? Tried to use the rhs rockets and the standard ones.

Did you place a target for the arty to fire at first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I was pounging BluFor positions last night with Grad fire and Arty... works fine. Place a "target" module. Then drop a fire order on the Arty unit you want to use.

I Do have a build here though.

When I drop the fire order on, say a group of 5 BM21's I have to drop it on each Grad in turn, can we not just have it so it's dropped on the leader, then the fire order is propogated to all units in the group ?

Cheers again for this brilliant tool...

I can see you use BIS_fnc_arsenal for add full arsenal but for some how if i use BIS_fnc_arsenal in editor init and preview it i can change face, patches and voices but can't change face, patches and voices in ares arsenal, any solution?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436595969

Http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436595990

[/img]

And i'm constantly having that sometimes can't use ARES in PVE, it just not working at all even i place right icon at right places :(

Edited by kgino1045

Did you place a target for the arty to fire at first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes did that. Ill try again. I put 5 targets down and saw them in the list. Are there range limits.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Yes I was pounging BluFor positions last night with Grad fire and Arty... works fine. Place a "target" module. Then drop a fire order on the Arty unit you want to use.

I Do have a build here though.

When I drop the fire order on, say a group of 5 BM21's I have to drop it on each Grad in turn, can we not just have it so it's dropped on the leader, then the fire order is propogated to all units in the group ?

Cheers again for this brilliant tool...

yes noticed the group issue as well. Fortunately it save the first request so you can drop them on the others quickly.

Hi, is it a known issue that the ARES Modules in Zeus sometimes get put under the wrong categories/not show up at all? Seems to happen at random on our server.

For reference, we're running 4 default Zeus modules with Curator Presets Mod/No Zeus Eagle enabled as the only other thing that affects Zeus.

I have never seen this issue. This is likely due to another one of your Zeus mods.

Edit: I just re-read your post and actually payed attention to what it said. It could have something to do with the zeus modules. What ones are you placing so I can attempt to reproduce?

Edited by TheOtherTaylor

Hi, is it a known issue that the ARES Modules in Zeus sometimes get put under the wrong categories/not show up at all? Seems to happen at random on our server.

For reference, we're running 4 default Zeus modules with Curator Presets Mod/No Zeus Eagle enabled as the only other thing that affects Zeus.

I had the exact same problem.

But when I disabled the curator presets mod everything was fine.

So I guess Ares and curator presets mod are somehow conflicting.

Hi! Is there a way to load a mission's .sqf code saved with Ares, directly into headless client? Or some kind of code. Sorry, I'm a noob at coding. ;) Can you guys point out the workflow?

Right now:

- I populate a mission

- I save the sqf code with Ares new module

- I put everything back on the map with the Execute code module

Is there a way to get the units created by the Execute code module to be handled by headless client?

Thank you in advance!

Hi! Is there a way to load a mission's .sqf code saved with Ares, directly into headless client? Or some kind of code. Sorry, I'm a noob at coding. ;) Can you guys point out the workflow?

Right now:

- I populate a mission

- I save the sqf code with Ares new module

- I put everything back on the map with the Execute code module

Is there a way to get the units created by the Execute code module to be handled by headless client?

Thank you in advance!

There's no magic to detect or shuttle off units to the headless client. It seems like every setup for HC is different, so doing it automatically would be difficult. That said, if you had a flag or function you could call to detect whether code is running on the HC, you could potentially do something like:

if (isHeadlessClient) then {
   // Paste the SQF here
};

And then run that using the 'run on all machines' module... Since it would get ignored on everything except the HC (assuming the if(...) was setup correctly) it should spawn the units on the right machine.

If you only have one HC I think you might be able to use the following condition:

if !(isServer or hasInterface) then {
// SQF here
];

Hi Anton,

I submitted your mod to the ACE team to maybe help them incorporate your mod or something based on your mod into ACE. Hope you dont mind since your mod needs more recognition and after I heard they want to add something to zeus I jumped at the opportunity.

Cheers.

Adding filtered Arsenal... Filtering for only one side. Only primary, sidearm and secondary weapons available are those that the player started with. Tried all options to no avail, reviewed this page as well (https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Arsenal). Am I not understanding something about this feature?

Adding filtered Arsenal... Filtering for only one side. Only primary, sidearm and secondary weapons available are those that the player started with. Tried all options to no avail, reviewed this page as well (https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Arsenal). Am I not understanding something about this feature?

Try going into aresenal and adding and removing a weapon after using the 'Add All...' feature. There's currently an issue I haven't been able to track down https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/178 that might be what you're seeing.

I just reinstalled Ares recently. I'm not seeing the Ares tab under Modules any more. Do I have something setup wrong? I'm not using any other mods. Just vanilla Arma 3 and Ares.

* I found it. It's Under Groups-Empty. Kind of a counter intuitive location but at least I know now.

Edited by -Dark1-
Solution Found

I just reinstalled Ares recently. I'm not seeing the Ares tab under Modules any more. Do I have something setup wrong? I'm not using any other mods. Just vanilla Arma 3 and Ares.

http://i.imgur.com/uDePyQp.jpg

It seems like ARMA 3 vanila problem since it order in alphabet, maybe the author of ares change the name such as like A-AI Behaviorus, A- Aresnal or 1. AI Behaviours 2. Arsenal etc etc...

I see all the Ares functionality that is supposed to be there... All the little helmets.

Hi :)

Would it be possible to have more options regarding equipment Fx that you could remove AA, AT etc. from AI ??

/Michael

Awesome mod! tried it out real quickly today and its a godsend (pun intended... :))

Some very humble feature requests:

*Area fire for tanks and infantry -module: At the moment its almost impossible to get AI to suppress human players from a distance or give cover fire for advancing units. Also tanks should be able to engage area targets with their cannons from a distance without a direct visual on the target.

*View direction -module: Tank turrets (and infantry) have a tendency to turn and watch north as soon as they have no targets or stop moving. Which is completely insane if they where engaging targets in the south 10 seconds ago. :)

*RHS compatibility for reinforcements: I know, this is a tricky one as everyone else would want to have their mod added also making the interface unusable. However... RHS is one of the biggest mods out there. :)

Loving your work... do you have a patreon site?

*View direction -module: Tank turrets (and infantry) have a tendency to turn and watch north as soon as they have no targets or stop moving. Which is completely insane if they where engaging targets in the south 10 seconds ago. :)

hahah this bugs me so damn much, but I didn't think anyone else ever noticed or cared about it. One of the silliest things about running missions with Zeus.

*Area fire for tanks and infantry -module

That is something I would also LOVE. Currently when I am zeusing I try and give the suppression effect with vanilla remote control module but it removes you from controlling other units for the time being. I have no idea how to do it though, maybe you should open a thread in the scripting forum and help Anton out with the script. If your not willing to, let me know and I will create a thread.

*RHS compatibility for reinforcements

I am sure he will do it eventually when RHS comes out of Beta, because believe it or not they still are in Beta testing. Just go to github and and follow the steps to add it. It takes less than 15min.

Ares V.1.8.0 now available.

As of V.1.8.0 Ares requires @CBA_A3 for some functionality. Please ensure it is running alongside @Ares if you are using Zeus. Clients that aren't running @Ares (e.g. non-zeus players) do not need to run @CBA_A3.

V.1.8.0

* Artillery - Add 'Artillery Fire Mission' module to fire artillery using map coordinates and multiple artillery pieces. (Author JonasJurczok)

* Util - Pass 'Unit under cursor' and location to 'Execute Script' modules.

* Save/Load - Remove deprecated Save/Load modules (using old non-SQF format)

It's sad that i can't use load anymore... i need that load function for my live mission making, but i can still working same mechanism by using execute scripting yes?

Whats next for this awsome mod? I REALLY Want to see a way to import gear /simple way to add new addons /MP stuff into it! Please continue you`re work on this!:)