Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

The shell casing sounds are really neat and I like them. I've never heard indoor shooting in real life, but that's what I'd imagine it sounds like when shell casings bounce off walls and roll on the floor! It adds a lot to ithe atmosphere of indoor fights. I can't tell from your other videos, but will there also be shell casing noises for outdoors, like falling on paved areas?

There already are shell casing noises outdoors and indoors, too - but most weapons in A3 fire caseless ammo.

I'm currently looking into only being able to hear the casings when the weapon actually fires "cased" ammo and I think I found a solution already. :)

very well done LJ! I found, that mk-18 echo while shooting near garage, was a bit to quite, shooting katiba in fields, sounds more like shooting in the city, i think pre delay of echo, should be a bit longer. Also katiba echo in forest, could be slightly longer.

There already are shell casing noises outdoors and indoors, too - but most weapons in A3 fire caseless ammo.

I'm currently looking into only being able to hear the casings when the weapon actually fires "cased" ammo and I think I found a solution already. :)

You guys should implement some kind of parameter to choose whether if the casing noise is permanently enabled or not. Personally i would really like to hear the casings even if a weapon has caseless ammo. (Style over stats ;) )

As far as the ammunition case sounds go, I love them, but maybe they could be put in an optional pbo so it could be the user's choice. If you need any testers my group are pretty experienced and would be happy to send you our .rpt files. We have been helping with MP testing on a game called Blackwake recently. I completely understand if you are just keeping it to closed group. Thanks for your work, DragonFyre sounds awesome!

If the class_bullet is a defined Subsonic ammo, there will be a difference concerning the snaps, as you mostly just notice a little wiz-by, not a bullet crack. But not sure if there are much subsonic ammo types in vanilla game, now I'm curious.

LJ

Nice, and as usual nice vids LJ.

Very nice sounds! Can't wait for release! I have an idea that could maybe spice up firefights a little bit... Have you ever considered adding ambient sounds for soldier yelling and giving out commands during firefights? I think that would be make the game a lot more immersive because the AI seems so robotic and emotionless. Just something I was thinking about.

LJH,

I know you've always said you make your sounds to fit your desires, but for what it's worth, that video of your suppressed guns in the town don't sound too loud at all. They sound pretty spot on, in my opinion. People don't realize how loud suppressors still are with normal rifle ammo and walls/barriers/etc. Seems like you captured it REALLY well. Looking forward to release.

Yes,support.It would be great.Very lacking in the game and when there are several people patrol, for example, as silent as well if they spoke a completely different atmosphere of the game was.Not bad and radio stations to announce.

Да,да поддерживаю.Это было бы здорово.Очень не хватает в игре и того когда ÑтоÑÑ‚ неÑколько человек -патруль например, как немые а хорошо еÑли бы они разговаривали ÑовÑем Ð´Ñ€ÑƒÐ³Ð°Ñ Ð°Ñ‚Ð¼Ð¾Ñфера игры была.Ðе плохо и радиоÑтанции озвучить.

Pretty sure I asked a long time ago but I don't remember the answer.. did you also edit the Thunder sounds when its storming?

Pretty sure I asked a long time ago but I don't remember the answer.. did you also edit the Thunder sounds when its storming?

And I'm pretty sure I answered a long time ago by saying: Yes, I did :) :P

LJ

LJ i'm so anxious about the new release,could you upload the download link on MEGA it's a great server and you can upload 50 GB of data without any charge

LJ i'm so anxious about the new release,could you upload the download link on MEGA it's a great server and you can upload 50 GB of data without any charge

Seconded, I don't know of any faster and no-BS free download site.

Also since I haven't said it yet, amazing work LJ, and I can't wait for release.

Would the "Inside a room" script thing work with vehicle engine sounds? Probably not a common occurrence but it sounds cool. Like if you went under a car port or a bridge or in a tunnel :D

LordJarhead , Hello!Really looking forward to release.You did not think of the sound of a flying artillery shell.It would be great to hear when shelling whistle of falling bombs.

(ЗдравÑтвуйте!Очень ждём релиза.Ð’Ñ‹ не думали над звуком летÑщего артиллерийÑкого ÑнарÑда.Было бы здорово Ñлышать когда при артобÑтреле ÑвиÑÑ‚ÑÑ‚ падающие ÑнарÑды.)

LordJarhead , Hello!Really looking forward to release.You did not think of the sound of a flying artillery shell.It would be great to hear when shelling whistle of falling bombs.

(ЗдравÑтвуйте!Очень ждём релиза.Ð’Ñ‹ не думали над звуком летÑщего артиллерийÑкого ÑнарÑда.Было бы здорово Ñлышать когда при артобÑтреле ÑвиÑÑ‚ÑÑ‚ падающие ÑнарÑды.)

Sorry to burst your bubble, mate, but arty shells stopped whistling for a long while now. The best you get is what's in A3 in vanilla, which is, you hear the sound of the incoming round going through the air a split second before it impacts.

They don't whistle, they are sound like a freight train is incoming. Dunno if that's modeled in JSRS but it has been present in the Arma 2 version.

Jarhead, only critique on your SD weapons: unless the ammo is subsonic, it should be cracking and reverberating just like any other weapon would. It only protects the shooter's hearing, it doesn't necessarily negate that sound though.

socgmULGVOA

They don't whistle, they are sound like a freight train is incoming. Dunno if that's modeled in JSRS but it has been present in the Arma 2 version.

Jarhead, only critique on your SD weapons: unless the ammo is subsonic, it should be cracking and reverberating just like any other weapon would. It only protects the shooter's hearing, it doesn't necessarily negate that sound though.

Thank you...

I know about that. The thing is, most "Player" around here would exspect an hollywood like snappy short gun whistle heh :)

Tho I do different this time in DFyre! ;)

LJ

socgmULGVOA

Here's a better example, Without the metalic hits

Sorry another video just could not find where is the sound of the incident projectile or offend anyone or hurt was not going to.(Извините другого видео проÑто не нашёл где еÑÑ‚ÑŒ звук падающего ÑнарÑда,ни кого обидеть или задеть не ÑобиралÑÑ.)

Edited by MONAX

Thank you...

I know about that. The thing is, most "Player" around here would exspect an hollywood like snappy short gun whistle heh :)

Tho I do different this time in DFyre! ;)

LJ

Are you sure? The poll results tell us the opposite.

Anyways...

Can you tell us something on the reload sounds? I'm asking because in vanilla they are terribly out of sync. It's very noticeable, sometimes more in some stances. You can notice when you have a launcher and you take a rocket, the launcher reload sound starts instantly, even if the player has yet to switch from gun to launcher.

I was wondering, can you do something to make them sync perfectly everytime, in every situation?

Are you sure? The poll results tell us the opposite.

Anyways...

Can you tell us something on the reload sounds? I'm asking because in vanilla they are terribly out of sync. It's very noticeable, sometimes more in some stances. You can notice when you have a launcher and you take a rocket, the launcher reload sound starts instantly, even if the player has yet to switch from gun to launcher.

I was wondering, can you do something to make them sync perfectly everytime, in every situation?

no.

In normal stance (Standing, not prone) all reload sounds are made fit the animations perfectly. Your stated case is a problem within arma, it does not know when to play the sound. But thats all I can do, make the sounds, not the commands and CFG's ;)

LJ

Everytime I see you post and its not a release post i cry a little. Can the final testing end already!! :P

Everytime I see you post and its not a release post i cry a little. Can the final testing end already!! :P

I know! I'm ready, my body is ready. ;)