Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

The new helicopter update throws me back another few hours obviously. Most classes has been renamed, many new entries ...

Stay tuned, I'll show some progress during the weeks.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

My Worst fear has come true... Good luck... and god speed.

Actually its not that bad. Almost done already^^ Got some motivation and figured I crawl through it this night. Now its some fine tweaking.

Does anybody know the new classes for the two new helicopters? I was thinking about:

class Heli_Transport_03_base_F: Helicopter_Base_H

and

class Heli_Transport_04_base_F: Helicopter_Base_H

but neither of them seems to work for me...

LJ

Everyone return to your homes and places of business please...

Dragonfyre is back on track... ;)

Can't you just go into the "Helis" folder under the main game directory and rip the config? That's what I end up doing, or go into the game's editor and scroll through the config editor.

According to Config Viewer the classes are:

CH-67 Huron:

B_Heli_Transport_03_base_F

Mi-290 Taru:

O_Heli_Transport_04_F

Haven't found any sort of base class for Taru and can't tell for sure if other variants inherit from this one.

;2812360']According to Config Viewer the classes are:

CH-67 Huron:

Mi-290 Taru:

O_Heli_Transport_04_F

Haven't found any sort of base class for Taru and can't tell for sure if other variants inherit from this one.

Awesome find! I hope it helps. Also I'm glad to hear it wasn't too bad for you to get you back on track. Because as it stands this last update is Damn impressive. And has some hilarious Physx glitches.... I've been watching Heli's bounce 100 feet up into the air after crash HILARIOUS lol

;2812360']According to Config Viewer the classes are:

CH-67 Huron:

Mi-290 Taru:

O_Heli_Transport_04_F

The Huron seems to work fine, the other not. Heh, "Huron"... what a strange word when you are a german :P

Well, I got all (except the Huron as said) helicopters working now. They are all fine and good to me. But... well, I kinda lost my motivation lately. Obviously there is massive difference in volume when it comes to 5.1 and stereo. Playing with Headset, the weapons are not loud enough, the vehicles are fine. Playing in 5.1 the weapons are too loud, the vehicles as well. Making them quieter, both, then the weaopns are VERY quiet in Stereo and the vehicles are quiet either... I kinda loosing it here. Its so difficult finding a decent balance.

Sometimes, I just Alt+F4 the game when playing. Just because I do realize this awful issue now. When driving in 5.1 and the vehicle gets freaking loud, louder then a flying helicopter above my head, I just Alt+F4 because I can't stand the misery I'm in: Tweaking ALL the configs for the best fitting results in Stereo AND 5.1? Jees.

Nonetheless I said I'll show some Helios updates, so I will do in the next few days. After that, I might pack a new intern version and let the testers decide about the volume, or at least give the best suggestions. We'll see.

Thanks guys,

LJ

EDIT:

After talking to LAxemann I decide to continue developing DFyre in Stereo only now. As I cannot concentrate on both, Stereo and 5.1, and as most people seems to use Stereo, we go with that from now on :)

Edited by LordJarhead

After talking to LAxemann I decide to continue developing DFyre in Stereo only now. As I cannot concentrate on both, Stereo and 5.1, and as most people seems to use Stereo, we go with that from now on :)

a good decision :)

Sometimes, I just Alt+F4 the game when playing. Just because I do realize this awful issue now. When driving in 5.1 and the vehicle gets freaking loud, louder then a flying helicopter above my head, I just Alt+F4 because I can't stand the misery I'm in: Tweaking ALL the configs for the best fitting results in Stereo AND 5.1? Jees.

Weird, switching between stereo/5.1 and headphones (stereo) I can't find any of the issues you're describing, nothing off balance.

What kind of 5.1 setup are you running?

Cheers

Weird, switching between stereo/5.1 and headphones (stereo) I can't find any of the issues you're describing, nothing off balance.

What kind of 5.1 setup are you running?

Cheers

Seems like my studio setup has been messed up after installing Windows 8.1. The room correction seems to be reseted... oops. Nevermind, I optimize the mod for stereo now ;)

LJ

What i'm wondering - if you use stereo headset + 3D emulation... wouldnt it be better to optimize for 5.1 / surround sound since the emulation does the surround thing anyway ? I'm just curious, i have not the slightest idea :D

Seems like my studio setup has been messed up after installing Windows 8.1. The room correction seems to be reseted... oops. Nevermind, I optimize the mod for stereo now ;)

LJ

Another thing in ArmA 3 getting messed up by 8.1 x ArmA3 collision, and this time it's not a small technical issue on my side, but by Lord Jarheads'. Damn you 8.1!

so i like this sound mod,when can we see link for download?

When its finished is the rule of thumb.

Thanks, great work on the site.

Checking it out right now, navigation on that DL thing was a bit confusing, its like a file browser type thing , but I figured it out.

Nice work, thanks for giving this to the community.

Thanks, great work on the site.

Checking it out right now, navigation on that DL thing was a bit confusing, its like a file browser type thing , but I figured it out.

Nice work, thanks for giving this to the community.

Yeah, I think we might change the iFrame or what ever it is. Maybe to get a better, more decent look. Plus some kinda preview features for the sound sets, so people can listen first before downloading.

Thanks for the feedback, Mike!

LJ

Like the new Site LJH its looking good. I agree the download page could use an overhaul even though its effective ;)

Like the new Site LJH its looking good. I agree the download page could use an overhaul even though its effective ;)

Hopefully we'll get to that tomorrow and kinda give it a nicer look or something. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Dancer :)

"private dancer, dancer for money." :D

LJ

Hi, I just saw the video with the new rain sounds, don't know why I didn't saw it before :S

Just an idea, are you going to replace the tunder sound? It reeeeally sucks in the vanilla version for now, and it could be nice with a true big tunder sound!

Thanks anyway for your entire work!