.kju

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - community patches (Arma version only)

Free ?

Yes, the mod and fixes are free and have been ported to Arma2. If you don't like that fact too bad I guess!

And now what, they have to spend quite a lot of money on products they're not interested.

Again, no one is forcing you too buy these games. The majority of people who bought IF also have the Arma series and have played the Lib mod when it was released for OFP. Again, probably over your head.

I am simply angry.

You have every right to be angry but your anger is misdirected.

First they release the game in a state that shouldn't be on the shelf.

That is a matter of opinion! The game ran great for me from day one. Granted it had it share of bugs, but name me one game released in the last 5yrs that didn't have some serious bugs and issues that needed a patch right away?

... such beautiful game has a such roller coaster.

Yes it is.

Did you play the game yet ?

There isn't fully damage system implemented ....

Yes there is. Obviously you haven't played the game enough to find out or you played it on rookie with extended armor protection. Veteran and higher has the damage and armor penetration active.

... I could go with a list all night.

I would love to hear it.

There is no other game out there like Iron Front for us WW2 fanatics so I hope this conversion leads to much more content and a possible merging with the other WW2 mod in Arma2, Invasion 44.

Free ?

Yes, free. All work to bring IF back to life, this time as open, Arma addon/mod, was done by couple of fans for free. No one demand or get any money for his work, nor for more work, that will be put in this. On whom exactly you are angry here? Who do you blame and for what actually? Writing in anger is rarely good idea, better to calm down and think a bit before, to avoid... well, exactly, what you did.

Edited by Rydygier

Just because you own ARMA series it doesn't mean the others do.

There are people who are not into modern warfare. They've bought IR Liberation '44 as it is.

I agree with those comments.

It is just unfortunate that the 1.06 patch for Iron Front cannot be applied to stand alone Iron Front!

Iron Front was marketed as a stand alone game.

You all are forgetting this.

So, please don't be ignorant.

Yes it is free if you own ARMA.

If you DO NOT, FREE is irrelevant.

I actually own ARMA 2 CO and III, but my friends don't, therefore they've been forgotten.

I would love to hear it.

Here's another issue related to 1GB ATI cards.

My guess is there was no testing on these cards, because the Arte-facts over the objects are present.

As soon as you increase the VRAM memory to HIGH, the Arte-facts disappear but not all.

And performance drops around 5-10 fps

Please don't tell me I've got the driver issue, all my games ( … vanilla ARMA 2 CO, or Iron Front Lib'44 ...) work 100%, with one exception ARMA IF MOD.

How IF was marketed by some people in the past is irrelevant here. This is about release of Arma conversion/mod done by other people.

I think most IF fans feel similar about IF standalone game situation (unfinished, abandoned, wasted AWAR's great work, dead). Exactly such feelings gave some people, being not able to reconcile, so such great potential is wasted this way, motivation to work and release this mod, so IF can live again at least in this form, be improved and modded by all. For that purpose they sacrificied big amount of own time and efforts and even, against probablity, after months of further efforts, managed to brings somehow standalone game treated by its owner, like it was till now, back to the Arma, so all interested may enjoy it again and expand its potential further. It is quite extraordinary to me. It was possible only on such terms, not on another. No one was "forgotten". Was done, what was possible to do, much more, that was expected not so long ago, isn't?

And then come someone, who unloads (understandable) frustration on these people, that are doing something about removing reason of frustration, instead of thank them and be grateful for their effort. How it looks to you, Dansky? You are acting against own wishes here, bitching on people feeling like you about IF sad fate. What more do you want from them? Should they in your opinion fund also from their pockets A2CO to each, who want to play IF mod to earn your "forgiveness"? I do not undertand your attitude. You are angry like now all that years, IF was left abandoned, or you became angry just because this release so much, so you even registered on the BI Forums just to express that? It seems, like you would prefer, that nothing was happened in IF matter?

Edited by Rydygier

I actually own ARMA 2 CO and III, but my friends don't, therefore they've been forgotten.

What are you trying to say then? If you're pissed off at the game developers/publishers that is fine but this is not the place for that anger to be directed. The work here has been done FOR FREE by other community members.

It is just unfortunate that the 1.06 patch for Iron Front cannot be applied to stand alone Iron Front!

Well we had a version of the patch that we had applied to the vanilla game, which did work and it updated the vanilla game to v1.06 however

for us to create another patch for the vanilla game it would have to be approved.....again by DS :j:and tbh that alone took 2-3 months itself,

its a real headache, they approved the conversion, and we can patch that.

It is in fact our plans to update the conversion with the many reports that the community has been reporting here since I had established the thread back in march.

First IFR is to release its projects and then we will be first reorganizing ourselves, and then go to work on more projects along with the a patch.

The patch will be for the conversion not the vanilla, so if you guys that dont have Arma2CO and are angry about this then i suggest you take up your

complaint with DS as its out of our hands now, we are allowed to patch the conversion and if you guys want that its available, if not, its your loss.

They have not been forgotten, why get Arma2Co just for the IF conversion, theres more to the game then just what we released, the community

amount of mods, scripts, ect,. is epic, what you can do the game compared to most games like modern warfare has no comparison, so they are

only forgotten if they fail to see whats possible aside Iron front conversion.

Hate to give it to you like that, but to me friends of friends that own Arma2Co are not communicating their interests, goes with other games too

so in one way your blame for their lack of sharing your interests with them unless you have done so already, if you are so concerned about their well being then you would explain or share what Arma2Co is all about.

Iron front is no more different then a mod then any other mod in Arma2CO, it just had a rough past and was now made possible elseware.

Friends I play with all have the same games as I, and we play together those games, this is why those friends are my friends because

we share the same interest, obviously from what you are pointing out your "friends" are not your gaming buddies, or they just have

not reached the plan on getting arma2Co yet and joining you.

My team IFR, and Kju and group are not to blame for those that are angry at the game, believe me when I say this:

1. Iron front was setup to be not moddable from the beginning as stated here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/modding-possibilities-in-iron-front-6265910

so this means that whatever was decided in the beginning cannot be changed other wise the game could not be sold as it was using the Arma2Co engine, wasn't realistic so they had to lock it up. the modding aspect was only allowed through Awar/DS/BIS at the time, obviously that has changed and or never happened because of politics with the game in the past year so oh well.

2. kju have since 2012 was already making a change towards and alternative to this problem of "modding not allowed" Iron front, since that time and in Dec/January 2013 when the game went "dead" supposedly from the devs (Awar) my team was created in March, kju came to me in April/May about the conversion,

which he was already in talks with DS (Iron front publisher) to do a conversion for the game, as this was the only option available as the devs (awar) moved on, and or quit to do their own thing, so with that no one is to update or add to the game nor allowed, certainly not my team or kju.

As you see after many........many, months of waiting, testing, and finally an approval which i might add took god forever to get from DS, and some of us quit because of it, the waiting killed alot of my team, aside other things, RL, but along side the conversion we were able to build a patch for the game, we were granted permission access to get the final/last files that Awar was working on before they left for good, and test, update, and release for the conversion only.

=============

So as you can see we went through alot of hell to get the conversion and the patch to the community, these projects have

been an incessant/joyous headache for us since we started in May.

Being angry is understandable but you and us will not go anywhere with DS to change the state of Iron front, the conversion, and the patch has

been granted permission to us to do, you either take what we have and released, or leave it and call ti a loss, its up to you.

Pleases just trust me when I say that we/ I have tried almost everything to get Iron front to be moddable and updated as in fixes, and new content, we have connections and communication with the top but this is what we have and again allowed to do.

the argument is over nothing else we can do other then work with what we have and update it, that we are allowed.

Here's another issue related to 1GB ATI cards.

My guess is there was no testing on these cards, because the Arte-facts over the objects are present.

As soon as you increase the VRAM memory to HIGH, the Arte-facts disappear but not all.

And performance drops around 5-10 fps

Please don't tell me I've got the driver issue, all my games ( … vanilla ARMA 2 CO, or Iron Front Lib'44 ...) work 100%, with one exception ARMA IF MOD.

What ATI Card do you own, and have you tried the default setting for VRAM memory?

Are you running any other mods when you run the IF mod through ArmaCO?

A quick check on steam reveals Arma2 is $6.49 and Operation Arrowhead is $9.99. you can use the little cost to encourage your friends to buy both. Also they get to use the excellent Invasion '44 mod as well.

Edited by rowdied

The gods have finally heard my prayers, the patch and the file converter work to perfection using my usual ArmA II launcher, now the game runs on the engine of ArmA IICO with all the advantages that entails, better performance, TONS of mods, TONS of maps, new specific addons for the Iron Front mod that are coming... yes! thank you very much guys ..

Edited by LDU30

edit: sorry posted in wrong place

Edited by JMDECC

Please stop attacking the people who use their free time to try to make up the mistakes AWAR did. This is a mod, made by people like you and me, who are annoyed about the state Iron Front was left in. But instead of complaining about it on the dev forums, they decided to fix it themselves. No matter how many flaws a mod like this has, the authors doesn't owe anyone anything. They did this as a free service to the community, as part of that community.

If I spent hours to make a mod then got feedback like yours in return, I would stop making mods. Why the hell should anyone spend their spare time making something for people for free, when people not only don't like what they have made for them for free, then in addition feel obligated to be angry at them for trying? In what world do you live in, sir?

This has nothing to do with Bohemia Interactive or AWAR or anyone responsible for the game Iron front. This is simply a team of community members who are trying to save a game with great potential that died. Have some respect for others, this is nothing less than downright shameful!

End rage.

I have patched up Iron Front to 1.05 and done the conversion. However, the community patch gives me an error message for every file it tries to update. They look like this:

"Error found in file @IF\ADDONS\BARANOW_DATA.PBO"

And continues to do so from every single file being updated, I clicked ignore on all messages.

try to make up the mistakes AWAR did

If i may add to this, Awar were the guys who got screwed over to a degree, so none of the politics issue with iron front really had

anything to do with Awar as far as I know, as they just made the content of the game.

i also dont think anything was a mistake, they were intentional decisions to not have the game moddable to begin with.

But instead of complaining about it on the dev forums, they decided to fix it themselves.

Dont worry i did alot of complaining before I got a team together, but we really just created and alternative solution,

not really fixing anything as the game is pretty much locked.

If I spent hours to make a mod then got feedback like yours in return, I would stop making mods.

i wouldn't, our mission is the game and the community, if folks want to complain and be pissed then thats their right, why should I change my tune over one guy that dont like something, and has issues, if Im not having issues with something we released then obviously theres something farked on his end.

Dont let the people decide your fate, stick to what you love as not everyone will sing your tune along with you.

This is simply a team of community members who are trying to save a game with great potential that died.

Dam straight, you really couldn't have worded that better, thats basically what the intention was, to get together with like minded people with skills,

to save and bring back a game that has major potential to be great, the real offputter if thats even a word, lol is the fact that modding wasn't allowed, well now it is!

"Error found in file @IF\ADDONS\BARANOW_DATA.PBO"

Did you test the game before you tried to patch it to make sure the conversion is working?

Hi almanzo,

I seen that you are getting an error while trying to convert Iron Front. I had that same error but realized I missed a step entirely. While installing the converter allow it to make an icon for the desktop. Double click that icon and it will open another window, above the huge Start button there is another button that reads "create IF Arma". Click that and it will start the conversion, I actually thought installing the converter was all I needed and didn't realize I missed it completely. You're getting the exact same issue I was having. Once you start the conversion it will pop up another window and show the process. I hope this helps you oh and make sure the paths are correct, you'll see what I mean.

a big thank you to Günter Severloh and the rest of the team that brought this game back to life.

1. I had the disk version and just bought the steam version there for ease of install with AO . A3

2. I cant be the only one that did that.

3. maybe DS will site up and listen if they start to see sales rise from a dead game

Gerhart and Günter: I got it working, using the newest play with six. I do think I did the mistake Gerhart mentions.

Playwithsix makes it very easy, as long as you have the right version of it. I thought I had the newest version, but it wouldn't work. Then I realized that I had an old version, and I upgraded. Everything worked perfectly after that.

Thank you so much for this fantastic mod. I haven't been able to try it out yet, since I've spent three days figuring out my issues :P But I am finally able to try now, and I can't wait to fly a MH6 over Omaha :D

@ Joe98

The patch cannot be applied on Iron Front standalone as we couldn't find an agreement with the publisher unfortuantely.

You don't need Arma 3 however. For the start the main target platform of the conversion is Arma 2: CO.

@ St. Jimmy, Jinzor

Either you need to run the patch with admin permissions or your install got corrupted.

For the later you need to reinstall and patch again. Make sure to use the correct patch type.

If it happens again, its indicating a hardware problem (HDD/RAM/Board).

@ GottMitUns

The 1.06 community patch is a requirement for Iron Front to work in Arma.

The patch checks the exe version your registry points to.

So it seems like you have a second, outdated install of Operation Arrowhead on your computer.

To check: Pretty the windows start button, select run, enter regedit and browse to:

32b OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA

64b OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA

The MAIN key contains the path.

Edit: Glad you got it working. :)

@ Mikey74

The conversion looks for Iron Front in the registry.

Try to run the exe with admin permissions.

If it doesn't help, you have to reinstall Iron Front and run it once with admin permissions.

@ MissionCreep

The US faction is simply not yet done. So we had to use something as temporary replacement.

Hopefully it will be ready with the next community patch.

We have some reports about issues with clothing, yet not everyone seems affected.

So if you have more details or how to reproduce it easily, please share.

Vehicles still need to be converted to the new A3 system. Mainly we need new people to assist us there.

You can simply rename the IFA missions to PBO to use them for Iron Front in Arma.

"IFArma" conversion is perfect, no errors. But 1.06 patch always popups 2 errors as below;

"Error found in file @IF\ADDONS\LIB_BUILDINGSRW.PBO" and "Error found in file @IF\ADDONS\LIB_DUBBINGRADIO.PBO".

I tried to different version of Iron Front (steam and digital) and tried PlaySIX, but always popups these errors.

How can I fix this problem ?

@ evolve

The error says that these files are corrupted. Try a complete reinstall of Iron Front / in STEAM run the "verify file integrity" feature.

If it happens again, its indicating a hardware problem (HDD/RAM/Board).

evolve, i had same problem, i look for issue, and found it.

In my case, this tool find my A2 folder, but , because i have Combined Operation version, the tool write as Arma 2 OA folder the steam folder, and put files it this folder.

Look in your created @IF folder in the A2 folder. If tool make this empty, try to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common new files. This tool created in this folder new folder Arma 2 Arrowhead with .pbo files. I just cut it from there and bring in A2 @IF folder, and patch was installed successfully.

@ evolve

Did you also try the conversion tool or just Play withSIX?

Can you post your path to A2 and OA?

If you are familiar with the registry, please check the MAIN value for:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA]

@ OFP_Comissar

Do I understand you correctly that @IF was put to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

instead of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

for you?

With the conversion tool or Play withSIX?

Brilliant work gentlemen!! I would like to thank you once again for this wonderfull release.

I have used Play withSix to convert IF to Arma2 CO and almonst everything works well, however I have noticed that my infantry seems to be almonst entirely mute (both Soviet and German). Tankers do talk, even when dismounted, but not the grunts... Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Peace,

DreDay

@.kju @OFP_Comissar

I tried both conversion tool and PlaySIX, results are same.

Registry is here; (I have ArmA2:CO for steam)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]

MAIN="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA]

MAIN="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

When I was running tool, "@IF" folder and all files are created in "arma 2 operation arrowhead" folder.

Should I move them to "Arma 2" folder before 1.06 patch?

@ DreDay

Yeah its a long standing issue with the missing voices. I have tried so many different angles without success. :(

There is next to no docu about this and I can't make out how to fix it. :mad:

@ evolve

@IF in OA folder is correct. What IF version do you have - Steam, DVD, digital?

@.kju @OFP_Comissar

Thanks for helping. Finally I found solution! These errors depends on OS language.

My friend owns ArmA2(DVD) ,OA(DVD), IF(Digital) and tried it, result was same.

We're from Japan and using Japanese OS, so sometimes Cyrillic and Latin characters were garbled.

So I changed language settings for "non-unicode programs" Japanese to English, conversion and patch successfully.

@ evolve

Wow thats unexpected. :) Thanks for sharing!

Is there a special Iron Front version for Japan?