Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?  

649 members have voted

1. 1. What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

• Damage Modeling (Body armor, Shrapnel Simulation, ect)
    • Sound
    • AI
    • Medical Systems
    • FPS/Performance
    • Vehicle Simulation (Interiors, Driving Models)
    • Editor/Zeus
    • Modding Tools

Sound mods don't cut what I'm getting at. Sure they are superior to Vanilla, but I at least seek deeper cuts into the engine. Sounds that really feel as grounded to their position, "feel right" in 3d space with proper occlusion is something that hurts immersion pretty badly in my opinion at least. Sound is critical for audial placement of who's firing from where as well. If IRL, a machingunner is firing from an elevated position to my 7 oclock, I would have a pretty good idea of that without looking. As it plays now, I literally have to scan all shooter sounds to make these mental cues - so this effects gameplay in the negative as well as immersion.

I actually feel that AI mods have closed a lot of ground -at least until they implement thee free roaming mesh from DayZ ;)

Performance has really never been an issue for me so wouldn't garner a vote. Damage model is legit and would take my #2 spot.

Yeah I am kind of suprised so many people went for sound. Don't get me wrong, good sounds can totally change the immersion of the game. But in the end they are pretty superficial. And there are good sound mods out there/soon to come. So its probably the last thing I want to get worked on. Stuff like Ai, Damage moddeling and performance are much more important imo.

Bipods would have blown this poll away.

Nah, mods arnt the answer to fix sound. Sound Mods should be used when you want better or different samples etc. Not to get round problems with the sound engine, as RobertHammer And Froggyluv say. I personally think the sound samples in Arma3 are pretty good. It's just how they are being played back by the incomplete/buggy sound engine that is causing the problems. Infact some these problems may even still exist with a sound mod

Nah, mods arnt the answer to fix sound. Sound Mods should be used when you want better or different samples etc. Not to get round problems with the sound engine, as RobertHammer And Froggyluv say. I personally think the sound samples in Arma3 are pretty good. It's just how they are being played back by the incomplete/buggy sound engine that is causing the problems. Infact some these problems may even still exist with a sound mod

Yeah guess why JSRS and SoS are on hold for now.... The sound engine needs some work but other things are more important.

I can't vote for there is no such choice as "Boats and Navy" in this poll.

Being a man living near "The Sea", having lived all my childhood on the beaches, having look at our national Navy vessels from home windows, having done many sailing travels along the Mediterranean coasts and around the Balearic Islands steering my own sailboat or some others, I am missing real boats in Arma3.

I am missing small combat boats such as the Skjold-class corvette or Sterenn Du mines hunter drone.

I am also missing landing crafts such as L-CAT Landing Catamaran and LCAC (Landing Craft Air Cushion).

I am also missing civilians boats such as traditional or modern sailboats, Fishing boats.

Edited by OldBear

While you say the salt flats are useful, I've yet to see how.

Then you aren't looking very hard. I've played a lot of missions based in and around them. They are unique, tactically, because they offer zero cover or concealment. This is called variety, and it's a good thing in a huge map. Altis should have even more of it. You make a good point about vehicle speed on them, I wish it was faster as in real life.
It's true to the island, give ME a break, they changed the name of the island to avoid an issue with the Greek military, Altis doesn't exist, but Lemnos does. Lemnos is also a much larger island than Altis is; Altis is actually a scaled down version of Lemnos. From what I remember Lemnos also has a river running through it during summer, and since it's summer in-game, where is that river? None of this matters because you see as developers they have this thing called artistic license, something they can use to distort the truth a bit to make it less boring and bland and make it more interesting. Why did they choose to keep a salt flat when they could've had say a Omaha-esque beach for naval invasions?

This is the weakest argument you've made yet. Citing the things they did change from the real life version is not an argument against the very minor point I brought up about it being on the real life version. Saying "why didn't they get rid of it and add this other thing I think would be cool instead?!" is just an absurdly narrow-minded question. Along with your assertion that the equipment in the game does not look futuristic according to your and other military enthusiasts opinions, as if those should be elevated above all others, including the developers'. I've seen enough complaints here and elsewhere about the future style of the weapons and tanks, and cry for a return of the current tech we saw in Arma 2 to validate the general notion that these weapons can be considered future tech. Points about how they're based on failed prototypes have no bearing on what the weapons look like. I could design a rifle that indeed looks futuristic but fails utterly to meet the requirements of the military. Does that mean it doesn't look futuristic?

I actually feel that AI mods have closed a lot of ground

However it is always much better to have AI, that does something by vanilla, than to play with scripts to achieve same. AFAIK much faster, weightlight and good for performance. Also, from script level we have pretty limited access to the AI control. Many things are completely out of reach, another may be achieved only by clunky struggling "script vs vanilla code".

Also, as a humble scripter, I want to say, way of thinking in kind of "why to improve that, modders will" is not good and is demotivating. Mostly because of above. Also I think, good way is to make a game as perfect, as possible, and then watching, what interesting, amazing stuff modders can create basing on that, not waiting for modders, so they will fix game's problems instead of devs and make the game playable enough. It is like creating a perfect sculpture from the one, fine piece of the marble versus making only a pedestal and waiting, so other will bring field stones, roughly shaped on their own, without mutual coordination of efforts, to glue them together into some makeshift resembling roughly King David statue. First way is always superior over ther latter even, if this is only about gluing a several holes and not finished parts.

BTW I'm also suprprised, so many found SFX as the currently biggest Arma 3 problem to fix. Really strange. Having sound engine allowing to hear sounds same, as in reality would be extremely cool, but for me it is more a feature very-nice-to-have in the future, than primary game bug, that should be fixed ASAP, and such bugs IMO have always higher priority over new features. As for performance - we always can say, so we want more FPS. But again - as for me currently it isn't a major Arma 3 problem, just field for possible/welcome improvements. This must be mostly about MP then, which I'm ignoring completely.

Edited by Rydygier

Also, as a humble scripter, I want to say, way of thinking in kind of "why to improve that, modders will" is not good and is demotivating..

Yes but it's a one pick -what would YOU prefer priority poll. Had I said "AI!" -would I then insult the sound mod guy? I care very much about the AI in this game and offer huge appreciation for what imo, is the hardest thing to script -AI. I meant that as a compliment to the many AI mods that I use, not to demotivate them.

Yes but it's a one pick -what would YOU prefer priority poll. Had I said "AI!" -would I then insult the sound mod guy?

Not at all. Using the mods and appreciating their focus also for sure is motivating for their creators, not demotivating.

I said above just because noted, some starting to reapeat that old song, about "modders fixing the game for us". For me personally very demotivating and discouraging would be, if Arma devs (I do not say, they act like that, but seems, some users think, they should) were just standing with folded hands, glaring at me and waiting, so I'll do their job in my free time as a hobby or something. And ASAP of course.

So it is not modding community, that should fix anything instead of devs. Something may be fixed by a mod for now, as temporary makeshift, until devs do their job with that, but if I would, as author of some mod that fixes something, be awared, so devs didn't fixed something nor plan to do so, because "there is existing great mod, that fixes that already", then I would think thrice before I create anything more, becuase just turned out, so game wasn't fixed because of me.

Mod =/= proper fix, so existing mods shouldn't affect priority order of dev's "to do" queue.

Edited by Rydygier

why cant we vote on evry thing com on man there is so much to be fix

the rocks a buggy

the cars are strange to drive

the heli handling are teribel

the guns sounds are poor and lave and all the same

the fucking parashute !!! fix that thing first com on how long have this game been in beta now fix it!!!

the way you do stuff when you walk is bloody slow

putting silencer on and off we need a buttom for that

and fix that bug that does so you have to click fire before being abel to shoot or use scope !! it a killer

the rocks a buggy

the heli handling are teribel

the guns sounds are poor and lave and all the same

the fucking parashute !!! fix that thing first com on how long have this game been in beta now fix it!!!

the way you do stuff when you walk is bloody slow

putting silencer on and off we need a buttom for that

and fix that bug that does so you have to click fire before being abel to shoot or use scope !! it a killer

The rocks can be buggy at times, but most of them are fine.

No, they're not.

Not, it's not.

No, they're not.

The parachute is fine.

No, it's not.

No, we don't.

There's no such bug.

HAH the parashute is fine

do you call gliding down the road because the parashute wont let you stand on the ground

have you even playd the game? if so plz take of those fan boy glases and look at this beta

its allmost a alfa

Edit:

and there is no such bug wtf how do you know

you sound like you never playd

+ fix the bug where you bug out of the green towers cover at the top

Edited by astro379

HAH the parashute is fine

do you call gliding down the road because the parashute wont let you stand on the ground

have you even playd the game? if so plz take of those fan boy glases and look at this beta

its allmost a alfa

That's not a bug. It's supposed to simulate sliding on the ground when you land. It just doesn't have the very good animations.

Edit:

and there is no such bug wtf how do you know

you sound like you never playd

Make a video of it. I've never experienced the bug.

That's not a bug. It's supposed to simulate sliding on the ground when you land. It just doesn't have the very good animations.

Make a video of it. I've never experienced the bug.

dont know how to make vidio

and that simolations arhh i call it bad scripting

you bug into husoses and throgh building and somthing it will just keep doing that for like Facking long whith is anoying

+ when you fly a heli it unralistisk it turn by it self when you just change cures

dont know how to make vidio

Record it and upload it. Simple.

and that simolations arhh i call it bad scripting

Call it whatever you want, it's still not a bug. And there's no "scripting" of any kind involved there.

you bug into husoses and throgh building and somthing it will just keep doing that for like Facking long whith is anoying

Yes, this happens. However, this can happen in any game. I've seen it in Battlefield more times than in Arma 3.

+ when you fly a heli it unralistisk it turn by it self when you just change cures

I don't know what "cures" is or how to change it, but again, make a video if possible.

I voted on this the other day and do not like where things are going.

This really needs to go to sound. There are mods and tweaks for some things there and Performance optimizations will come, but the issues with SOUND are out of our hands.

and guns i would like more gun :D

and fix all thoses bug so it can be calld a real game not a beta

I said this in another thread (some of it)

they never fixed ofp 100% arma1 or arma2.

thay cant...

open engine gaming is a new world you will never get anywere eles.

so without going into non sence , the bugs in the games net code, fx, sounds blah blah blah are like cockroaches'

thell always be here even after a nuke.

ie: ofp came out 2001 (I forget) .. but some bugs we had then are "still here in arma3" .

sorry maybe a bit off topic..

id like to see a cj jeep put into game (not addons )

I think arma3 needs to add more air/vehicals and maps

the rocks a buggy

The rocks can be buggy at times, but most of them are fine.

No, they're not.

Not, it's not.

I am also doubtful you actually play the game...try to go prone on some rocks and tell us they aren't glitchy and as for vehicle NOT being strange to drive - well, they are and saying they are not only makes me assume you either don't have a driving licence or never driven a car before

ie: ofp came out 2001 (I forget) .. but some bugs we had then are "still here in arma3" .

Yes. And understandable, so in the project of such complexicity 100% bug-free state is kind of utopia, because near impossibility is to find and nail down every possible bug. But when after dozen years we see the same bug still alive and kicking despite fact, it was known and irritating many players more than decade ago, then hard not to wonder and ask, what actually is so impossible to fix in this particular bug, so it wasn't squashed by so many years. Here it isn't about too many bugs possible to find them all, as such bug is already known, defined and multiple times pointed. And solemnly ignored so long. Or bravely resisting so long. Both possibilities hard to explain.

my guess is the original creators of the engine are either gone or not working actively on Arma games, and for a new programmer to try and untangle the mess that is old game engine code would be... hard and time consuming. I'm guessing they just don't have the time to hunt for old bugs. their priorities lie elsewhere

I am also doubtful you actually play the game...try to go prone on some rocks and tell us they aren't glitchy

"Try to go prone on some rocks..."

and as for vehicle NOT being strange to drive - well, they are and saying they are not only makes me assume you either don't have a driving licence or never driven a car before

Well, obviously it's strange driving a car with 4 buttons. There's nothing you can do about it.

and what about that bug where you get killd when you walk into sombody in a door way

and what about that bug where you get killd when you walk into sombody in a door way

Have you ever thought about reporting the bugs instead of just complaining here?

Have you ever thought about reporting the bugs instead of just complaining here?

its what im doing right here

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

+ fix that thing that does so evry time you leave a heli or car or somthing your fireing setting is resat to single fire

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

+ fix so that the message where is says joining or disconect is separated so you can se what ppl a saying!

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

+ fix that S**** where you get killd by the heli you are parashuting from

its what im doing right here

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

+ fix that thing that does so evry time you leave a heli or car or somthing your fireing setting is resat to single fire

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

+ fix so that the message where is says joining or disconect is separated so you can se what ppl a saying!

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

+ fix that S**** where you get killd by the heli you are parashuting from

Report it on the feedback tracker, not in a random thread on the forums. And use proper English.