Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?  

649 members have voted

1. 1. What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

• Damage Modeling (Body armor, Shrapnel Simulation, ect)
    • Sound
    • AI
    • Medical Systems
    • FPS/Performance
    • Vehicle Simulation (Interiors, Driving Models)
    • Editor/Zeus
    • Modding Tools

You created Altis without the beeing able to select terrainvertices under shape and merge shapes/polylines? I doubt that. Those features are broken in the current TB release (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18142).

Also we need a "Smooth"-brush in TB!!!

Considering that Altis is full of little pointy hills I doubt they even have a smooth brush, but who knows.

Definitely AI.

It's the most important: All of the other things can be top notch, if AI sucks, it would ruin everything.

Guest Ti0n3r

AI driving skills for sure. Their urge to drive straight into friendly units, trees and rocks does my head in.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

... clear vote for performance next (:p)

Existing content fixed:

Simulation and renderer separated

Multi-threaded server

Multi-threaded AI/separated into own process

Network overhaul

More finely grained control over graphical options

Fixed cloud 'rotation' when using a FOV larger than default

AI navigation overhaul

Priority from top to down:

1. Sound
  2. Damage Modeling (Body armor, Shrapnel Simulation, ect)
  3. FPS/Performance (MP)
  4. Medical Systems
  5. Vehicle Simulation (Interiors, Driving Models)
  6. Modding Tools
  7. AI
  8. Editor/Zeus

AI should be a priority,more improvements to AI driving&flying(especially gunships).

1. Damage Modeling

2. Ballistics (how MX Series have all equal specs and other cases)

3. Medical System

4. Sound

Framerate, especially in MP.

Second thing would certainly be vehicle simulation...

1. FPS/Performance

2. More intuitive AI

3. Damage Modeling

4. Vehicle Simulation

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00061

They mentioned this post in the sitrep, they really seem to care about what people wants the most.

I didn't vote yet because I just want general polishing of what we have currently, and that's not on the list (finish the god damned launcher/GL animations, get rid of the grass popping, etc)

My List:

1: FPS

2: AI (especially driving AI)

3: Body Armor (and hit reactions)

4: Vehicle simulation

5: Sound

Definitely optimalization... It's terrible at this moment :)

And followed by

AI

Damage Model

3D Editor implementation

Edited by danny96

Everything.

There is a little bit in every aspect of the game that needs a fix. Body armor is the first thing that comes to my mind, seeing how often I need three shots to kill or incapacitate an enemy. The damage system itself needs an overhaul too, why not use a similar system as with the armor plates on body armor?

But my number one pet peeve: Custom Content support.

Arma is a game that owes 90% of its success to custom content, be it in the form of addons or missions.

Addon making for Arma 3 is still mostly a mixture of guesswork and trial-and-error. A lot of the things are completely undocumented, samples in the tool package not working as required, or things simply not being documented. Which is, to be frank, quite frustrating some times, and my recent involvement with CUP has shown quite a number of riddles to be solved; riddles who's answers should already be known within BIS but just not communicated to the outside sufficiently. You can usually ask BIS developers and get answers (which is more than you can say of most other games) but even then, more of that stuff should be public already.

Mission making is another, even broader topic. I'd say that most custom content for Arma is missions. However, the editor is still largely the same one as was present in Operation Flashpoint, with little to no improvements to usability. I am not even talking about a 3D editor here; some of the ZEUS stuff is way more advanced than the normal editor, just that you cannot save it.

For example, there is no loadout editor. We've seen a button for that in one of the Beta livestreams, but it disappeared and never re-appeared (unfortunately this is true for a lot of things, like the access to inventory/weapon pool in multiplayer briefings, or the improved cloud rendering that was in one of the early builds). Making a custom loadout is possible, of course, it is just not convenient, in fact it is so inconvenient that most people don't bother with it, or the solution they come up works in single player but breaks in multiplayer (especially on dedicated servers). With the addUniform locality "mismatch", naked soliders was one of the most common errors in this respect. Scripting is cool, but drag-and-drop that works in all circumstances is just a million times better.

Another thing is online help. You still have to switch to the Wiki for documentation, There should be a short integrated online help for scripting commands in the editor. Just a few line explaining the whats and hows, explaining locality (which still isn't available to all commands on the Wiki even) and parameters.

The standard modules have loads of issues in multiplayer, especially on dedicated servers. A supply drop with the default support modules will multiply by client, filling the sky with parachutes. Task modules do not seem to work on dedicated servers. It makes especially multiplayer mission making an art form in itself, one that often breaks as soon as dedicated servers are involved. It shouldn't be like that.

So if I would have a wish granted to me on what BIS should address, it's plain and simple: The mission editor. As it is now, it is usable, but then, so is a stone club when you could have a machine gun instead.

Anyway, just my two cents.

If anyone posts anything other that FPS/performance they need to be hanged! Start with the basics first.

If anyone posts anything other that FPS/performance they need to be hanged!

Ah, the beauty of freedom of opinion.

If anyone posts anything other that FPS/performance they need to be hanged! Start with the basics first.

Right... hanging... Not beheading, quartering or flaying ? Geez

I don't view FPS/Performance as a feature, but as a basic principle that needs to be worked on all the time, anyway... no need to stress that.

Edited by Varanon

Good feedback Alwarren

-

Its hard to pick one when the whole lot needs to be looked at but I've picked the vehicle physx / simulation as I'm a vehicle whore like that and this is probably my biggest immersion breaker, followed by sounds and modding tools.

As for modding tools, I think that should be also high on the list as I'm very doubtful the game is as popular or is even played for its vanilla features and-or content.

I vote for performance. Right now Arma only uses 80% to 90% of my 1st core, on my cpu, while the other 3 are at 30% to 50%. My gpu, which can boost up to 1150Mhz, is rarely utilized and is usually at 826Mhz core frequency with all settings on fullest. The game is severely cpu limited. My rig is in my signature.

I've made this observations using MSI afterburner.

Edited by Denco

Damage modeling should be the first to improved. Since Armed Assault, destroyed vehicle model is always black steel with fire.

Also in Arma 3, infantry Damages are unable to see in far distance : the blood effect is weaker than Arma, Arma 2 etc....

I don't mean gore thing, but the visibility of injuries should be improved.

I don't mean gore thing, but the visibility of injuries should be improved.

I think the flinching is more visible than any blood spurt would be. It's not like every gunshot wound has a visible blood splat on impact anyway.

FPS/Performance should be the #1 issue getting looked into. You can't enjoy good sound, vehicle simulation, AI, medical systems, etc if your FPS/Performance is not doing well. Out of all the issues, this is the only one that effects all other issues.

-Sound is main problem in PvP (pure PvP modes or breaking point etc...): reloading, fire rate switching, planting satchel/mine sounds have NOT a good positioning and are hear km away...

-server performance in order to play in large numbers of players easily, 128? we have very large terrain but can play in 40/60?

it's useless as you can't teach to install modified malloc, RAMdisk, (mission makers HC), to 80 people as the do not have the knowledge and hardware to make it on their own...

-reintegration of actual armament and vehicles with BIS standards (textures/thermal textures/sounds/door animations), with the OA variety

(I know lot of people that do not like the general "future" layout of ArmA 3, but still play it as it is the next gen of the engine)

-merge of old islands since A1 and queen's gambit (A3MP is great, integrate?)

-Hitpoints/damage system, headshots make instant kill, always or make it a param for PvP modes, shrapnel simulation / m203 grenades must be improved

-Push the PvP possibilities, PvP BIS standards, develelop BIS frameworks for DM, TDM, CTI, Warfare Human only? (not so hard for you guys), this can be even framework modules (documented)

-Vehicle more balanced to play PvP with large numbers, the unbalance of the actual attack chopers is an example...

-text fonts, you can't make the difference from a 6 to a 8 or 9

Editor

-Module Town Generator from OA was great and I am missing it

-Module for JIP automatic integration with variables and a good documentation can be usefull

-Full MP Artillery / UAV / SEC OP / support module?

- ACM was nice

- good parametric civilian life? I know Altis has a lot of house, parametric distance spawnable civilians?

Ai hearing system could be improved, smoke and vegetation consealment should be improved too

Modding Tool:

-improve the island tool with the integration of object positioning in general (align object for fences and walls, see "world/fence generator" of Shezan)

-position group of object with preformatted positions (templates for trees or forest, random pick of a pool of object for complexes of house / small village, bushes position randomization)

-in general improve the need to spend less hours on creating a terrain...

-I am NOT interested in full MP Medical System as it is only for coop mode (or coop VS coop), in pure PvP it's slow too much the gameplay, simulation gameplay has been pushed too much in the last years IMHO

PS: Arma 3 Assets (with class and images) has really been appreciated!!!