Sign in to follow this  
theirongiant

What would your ideal mod consist of?

There are a ton of mods out there that I've played and they all bring something unique to the table but if you could have one mod that had all the best bits what would they be?

There are a ton of mods out there that I've played and they all bring something unique to the table but if you could have one mod that had all the best bits what would they be?

There are lots of mods that have things that I love ( FFAA, Ivory Aircraft, Serbian Army, Kaelis, long etc. )

But IMO a mod that IMO will bring practically all the things that I would love it's the Red Hammer's US & Russian Forces, and in HQ. ( well maybe I'd love also some Civilian vehicles more and some more variety in that faction ).

A mod with complete assets for a modern or 80's military.

Right now the original assets from A3 are being overused (even by myself, i have to say), and adding some new uniforms, vests, helmets, weapons and vehicles would go a long way in making this game more diverse in my opinion.

A3 ACE MOD. A man can dream right? I'd really like to see a simplified conversation mod. Allowing mission makers to easily make BI quality cutscenes complete with fluid conversations. As it stands it's still pretty complicated to learn. Even a simplified template would be nice

Enhanced Aircraft mod. CRAZILY reconfigures jets to make them more realistic, G-forces, realistic targeting, countermeasures, stealth, etcetera etcetera. I want to play Top Gun in Arma. :)

A full-scale Naval Mod. As in what PedagneMOD did to arma 2, bust with more fleshed out features. As in, Aircraft Carriers. And i'd love it to be a generic NATO / CSAT Theme, not a Reallife Navy such as the Spanish one in Pedagnemod. So that we can basically play Arma 3 and have convincing Naval Combat that fits the vanilla Theme - since everyone seems to be playing NATO. I mean, A3 has all the possibilities with diving and submersible vessels and car-rides-on-car physX support. Picture in Picture for screens, enhanced textdraw support and viewing modes.... it could be awesome.

Enhanced Aircraft mod. CRAZILY reconfigures jets to make them more realistic, G-forces, realistic targeting, countermeasures, stealth, etcetera etcetera. I want to play Top Gun in Arma. :)

Well what do you want? Realism or Top Gun? :D

A mod with lots of armies and a huge variety of weapons, gear and vehicles to go with it. Little things like native voice acting, language and faces of the units as suiting to its place of origin would be great too.

Ideal?

- fixes for all existing issues;

- improved everything improve-able;

- lots of everything.

But more seriously, most things, that IMO are lacking most in A3 and I would welcome them most as fix/enhancement/addition (order not accidental) should be or even can be done only from Arma devs side.

Amazingly improved lighting so torch light etc stays inside structures.

Volumetric light rays at night with lightning.

UNDERGROUND structures- done properly.

Anything based around the Stalker aesthetic.

Something built on Authentic Gameplay mod with the bipods and healing system and what not, adding air superiority fighters instead of just CAS, transport planes, civilian aircraft, and general civilian vehicles that fit the setting of 2035 that BI have made. Also, the mod would have to better represent the other factions of NATO, or at least a full UK army, not just some story characters. More faces for Arabs and Altians, adding more variety in civilian units like adding buses, mechanics with their tow trucks or roadside repair kits, doctors, etc. Also, Turkish civilians, given the area, not just Greeks. Then more variety in buildings, like a main bank in Pyrgos or Kavala, restaurants, furniture. Better AI and underground structures they could actually use like caves, hideouts, tunnels, etc. Better sounds, louder gun sounds, and generally more immersive sounds for everything. And finally, women. Not necessarily women in combat, but just realistic looking women (or at least as realistic looking as the men). No more men's only island.

tl;dr something that makes up for everything that would've added a lot in content and diversity to Arma 3 and helps gameplay. I have a feeling a mod with all of that would be a little too optimistic though, but this is a thread asking for ideal mods.

A seriously big map. With a lot of mountains and big cities and country side. A man can dream right. That and a seriously realistic set of vehicles and aircraft.

Some sort of open source content stockpile that everyone can use and take from. Sort of like A2 samples but without the need to port.

I'd like to hear a universal sound mod that makes Arma a more believable environment. By this I mean reverbs/delays for weapons, voices and movement (indoors and out), room tone for buildings. The sounds of rota blades/jets reflecting off a hill or valley. Weather having an effect on the sound effects, footsteps in the mud, rain on clothing, helmet, weapon, vehicles interior/exterior. Stereo wind distortion sync to azimuth direction for when your facing directly into the wind. Building objects making sounds air conditioning, strip lighting, metal expansion, roller shutters in the wind. Animals making sounds (Zeus seagulls), dogs barking. Civilians reacting to shooting's 'don't shoot', hostages 'over here' etc ..I like the work of BIS, SOS, JSRS, L_ES amongst others and I feel this would gel all these great mods together and make Arma a more believable and engaging environment.

not asking for much :p oh and ACE for Arma3 lol

Realism mod that takes away HUD, and you have to go by visuals. If you switch gun to full auto, maybe one icon for that, but over time it fades, as would your memory of switching from Semi to Burst or Auto would over time. A map that takes advantage of weather features that's green and vast with rivers and mountains, Valley's, High lands, and obviously lots of forest areas with lakes. Great amount of civilian content, all the most modern and sleek looking vehicles for all factions, and ACR's, and the Elcan Spectre, and fitting Aircraft with respectable paint jobs, and road flares, and also to mention that the map have full size roads. As in the highway is actually a highway with a division in the middle and two lanes on each side, and, and, AND... For the law enforcemant, give them the Beowolf. :icon_evil:

Ok but seriously? My perfect mod, would count as the Perfect Arma. No one would play vanilla ever again if my mod became real. Lol, but i cant make maps, or models, so unfortunately, it can't happen.

I would love to be able to get to the point where we could turn off the HUD. We're already very close to doing that in aircraft, the jets and heli's HUDs have almost everything you need on them.

All we need is to integrate

1. The ugly white locking box/diamond

2. The shift-click waypoint (should show up as a marker on the heading tape)

3. Damage indication

4. The Radar.

For infantry, some things can't be taken away (such as the grenade type selection or the firemode - you can feel the selector with your fingers), but at least to make them hide as DarSideSixOfficial said.

Ace Mod - Arma 3. I loved the mechanics and attention to detail, sounds included in previous arma 2.

I would love to see better damage & hit points models and realistic ( or at least reasonable ) vehicle physx & driving model. Of no less importance I'd say is weapon resting and especially

walking in cargo space in moving vehicle class. At least some and more believable environment destruction and interaction ( ability to step on and climb on obstacles ) with the world. ( it can be sometimes dull as fuck )