laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

I love this mod too. Makes the environment feel alive.

Thanks for making it.

What's the impact on MP i.e. does my client hear the echoes from other players shooting ?

will the direction of sound be different/relevant for my position relative to the shooter and echo ?

SJ

What's the impact on MP i.e. does my client hear the echoes from other players shooting ?

will the direction of sound be different/relevant for my position relative to the shooter and echo ?

SJ

You'll hear other player's reverb stuff just the way it's supposed to be. :)

Nice - ok need to sell this hard for the Public I think... Lots of trees on Bornholm !!

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Quick update:

Changelog

Performance improvement thanks to Ruthberg (again! :))

Changed: Standard urban soundset (should sound more "intense" now)

Removed obsolete scripts

Download

Enjoy! :)

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

LAxemann you are truly awesome. I tip my hat to you for even just attempting to create this mod. The addition of forests now has truly blown my mind.

Thanks

Oh wow, haha, thanks guys :)

I've redone the urban sounds for cannons, MGs and standard rifles.

Oh, and I made some improvements to the urban script.

This is how shooting in an urban area sounds like now:

There are few mods I refuse to play without -this one has just been added to that list.

Looking and SOUNDING really good Laxmann - *positive criticism mode on* is it possible to roll off the echo/reverb a little sooner after the shot, the initial "feedback" echo is great but then you get this tail of dirty echo noise that sounds weird to me.. That's also what seems to build up - uncomfortably to become a bad sound when there are lots of shooters going for it. It ends up sounding artificial to me ? Not sure if anyone else hears the same :)

I.e. can you just attenuate the tail slightly

SJ

Hey Laxemann, did you ever think about building upon that jet engine reverb you showcased a month back? I thought it really helped highlight the power a jet engine possess. Looking forward to future mod updates regardless. :)

Hey Laxemann, did you ever think about building upon that jet engine reverb you showcased a month back? I thought it really helped highlight the power a jet engine possess. Looking forward to future mod updates regardless. :)

I second this. It was ok for a draft, some tweaking and jet ambience will go a long way. It would add some much immersion, and make actually having close CAS runs a feeling that sticks.

Yo guys,

I'm currently occupied with Dragonfyre (new feature(s) that have yet to be revealed :D) and RHS and even after that I'll focus on getting the urban and/or forest sounds done first.

Buuuut the plane feature isn't dead in any way and I might even release a first version for a specific plane with the next ES version. Just gotta polish the scripts a bit :)

Very nice, keep up the good work.

This and these mods really show how important more advanced audio is for authenticity, and overall "image" of the game as well. Credible audio really complements the whole, visuals and everything, and vice versa. I'm sure there are good reasons why this aspect of the game seems somewhat neglected in vanilla, now with so many other aspects eclipsing it, and while it has improved, I think it's time BI really took example and put audio higher in their priority list. Much higher, the mechanics particularly.

I tried using this with Speed of Sound Pure this morning and it was very laggy and only worked sometimes for me. I think that the new Speed of Sound mod is trying to do some of the same things as this mod, and the erratic behaviour was because of that.

Very nice, keep up the good work.

This and these mods really show how important more advanced audio is for authenticity, and overall "image" of the game as well. Credible audio really complements the whole, visuals and everything, and vice versa. I'm sure there are good reasons why this aspect of the game seems somewhat neglected in vanilla, now with so many other aspects eclipsing it, and while it has improved, I think it's time BI really took example and put audio higher in their priority list. Much higher, the mechanics particularly.

BIS is working unsound for sure. You can already tell with some of the new GMG sounds, and the rain on helicopters. With the Marksman DLC, I'm certain they'll improve something sound wise, but don't expect anything like this. The mod he has going is probably too much of a hassle for BIS to add in themselves, as simple lag or dsync is an issue for this mod. I'm multiplayer, it works ok, but now and than, some, or a lot of the reverb will not activate. When it improves, maybe, but I doubt BIS would pull off something like this. It could counter optimizations. Though, I wish this kinda sound was in vanilla Arma. It's what the gun sounds need.

Well, you know what BI say: "Mods are hacky, we want proper engine implementation".

That's a good philosophy in my opinion, but it should not discourage modders to do what they do.

Well, you know what BI say: "Mods are hacky, we want proper engine implementation".

That's a good philosophy in my opinion, but it should not discourage modders to do what they do.

That a boy! :D