laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Something becomes old..

1:16:24 [XEH]: Usage of deprecated Extended Event Handler "fired". Use "firedBIS" instead. Path: @L_ES\bin\config.bin\Extended_Fired_EventHandlers\All.
 1:16:25 [XEH]: One or more children of class All do not support Extended Eventhandlers. Fall back to loop.

No worries, I'm working on a completely new version with new features. :)

Yo yo yo!

Today I added another distance-step for the mountain echo, making the transition from the hard "plopp" to the "noise" further away a lot smoother.

Here is a video which showcases not only the feature, but also new DynaSound and RHS sounds.

Cheers!

• Like 9

Yo yo yo!

Today I added another distance-step for the mountain echo, making the transition from the hard "plopp" to the "noise" further away a lot smoother.

Here is a video which showcases not only the feature, but also new DynaSound and RHS sounds.

Cheers!

Hey Laxemann, something I was hoping you could answer:

In vanilla I notice sounds glitching/not playing fully/being cut off a lot. I was wondering if you get this too (on  vanilla)

In your videos (and using dynasound's previous versions) I never got any stuttering audio, so I was wondering if perhaps you'd encountered and fixed this issue.

i'm following DynaSound and this mod from the begenning, great mods, keep going on ;)

Hey Laxemann, something I was hoping you could answer:

In vanilla I notice sounds glitching/not playing fully/being cut off a lot. I was wondering if you get this too (on  vanilla)

In your videos (and using dynasound's previous versions) I never got any stuttering audio, so I was wondering if perhaps you'd encountered and fixed this issue.

It indeed is a bug that can only be fixed by BI. I encounter the same issues, unfortunately :(

Man, I really wish I could work on the sound stuff full time :D #dreams

i'm following DynaSound and this mod from the begenning, great mods, keep going on ;)

Thanks dude, you don't believe how motivating some words of appreciation are! :)

• Like 1

For further motivation I can say even more.

I am fallowing your all  mods because they are amazing and such different that others makers are.

For eg the fatigue thing. This is just masterpiece.

Or the attachments assemble animations - this has make my eyes big.

Or the sound mods . I got chills when the helicopter fly above me, gorgeous sounds.

Or the Suppress and immerse  ambiance holly shit no  words..

Oh I almost forgot the climb mod, yes there are many like but no one  has an ability to let players help climbing.

Great achieves laxemann.

• Like 1

can't wait for a release  :D

edit: meant to be posted on dynasound thread but it worths for both

With all the recent updates to the audio engine (Apex), is this mod still working 100% in the latest RC?

• Like 1

With all the recent updates to the audio engine (Apex), is this mod still working 100% in the latest RC?

I dont think so. Maybe be working 70% but not 100%. 

So, I tested this mod and found the ambience it creates to be awesome, but... I found "bug": the ASP-1 KIR makes the same "echo" every other weapon does.

I tested on top of a mountain and got the echo from all over. Why I say this is a "bug"? Because that weapon has huge built in supressor and fires subsonic ammo, so it's supposed to be way quieter than other weapons, even with supressors... still, for this mod it makes as much noise as full on machine gun ;)

Am I right or am I getting something wrong?

8 hours ago, PCanas said:

So, I tested this mod and found the ambience it creates to be awesome, but... I found "bug": the ASP-1 KIR makes the same "echo" every other weapon does.

I tested on top of a mountain and got the echo from all over. Why I say this is a "bug"? Because that weapon has huge built in supressor and fires subsonic ammo, so it's supposed to be way quieter than other weapons, even with supressors... still, for this mod it makes as much noise as full on machine gun ;)

Am I right or am I getting something wrong?

New version gets released tomorrow mate, did you not read my bloody post on LAXs dynasound thread? 

I did

Was I, somehow, supposed to know exactly what bugs the creator is aware of? Was I, somehow, supposed to know exactly what will be fixed on the next update?

Damn, I didn't know reporting a bug was so... "bloody"... upsentting these days...

Sorry mate, next time I'll just pray the creator of the mod notices every bug and wait for the update...

Merry Christmas!

hi, i couln't get the mod working, i downloaded both the Armaholic and Steam Workshop versions but no effect, i disabled every single mod except CBA and Dynasound, but still i don't have any effect, anyone got the same problem?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, the latin troller said:

hi, i couln't get the mod working, i downloaded both the Armaholic and Steam Workshop versions but no effect, i disabled every single mod except CBA and Dynasound, but still i don't have any effect, anyone got the same problem?

Funny enough I too am experiencing this interesting thing. I downloaded it twice from Armaholic, as well as moved around loading orders, also launched it in its own mod folder as well as tried throwing it into the Dynasound modfolder itself, etc., and still not noticing anything past what Dynasound itself delivered. Whereas one friend was telling how much better everything comes together since he also downloaded and used this mod with Dynasound, which stumped me. But then again, as long as I've played Bohemia's games I've come to expect the unexpected. No matter how pristine and flawless something made is, ArmA will never fail to choose a few people at random for all sorts of random buggery and "WTF?!" moments, lol. :f:

18 hours ago, yokhanan said:

Funny enough I too am experiencing this interesting thing. I downloaded it twice from Armaholic, as well as moved around loading orders, also launched it in its own mod folder as well as tried throwing it into the Dynasound modfolder itself, etc., and still not noticing anything past what Dynasound itself delivered. Whereas one friend was telling how much better everything comes together since he also downloaded and used this mod with Dynasound, which stumped me. But then again, as long as I've played Bohemia's games I've come to expect the unexpected. No matter how pristine and flawless something made is, ArmA will never fail to choose a few people at random for all sorts of random buggery and "WTF?!" moments, lol. :f:

That could be the issue, conflicting addons ?  try running Enhanced sounds, instead of Dynasounds, pretty sure both involve overwriting core sound files

I'm going to lock this thread, as the OP has released the addon, and it's no longer WIP, and somehow the request to close the thread was overlooked.

Link to release is in Laxemanns last post above.

• Like 1