Sign in to follow this  
RushHour

What features are fundamental to the Marksman DLC? (no speculation)

Hopefully this won´t be classified as speculation as this is more of a list of things we want to see in the Marksman DLC and not what we think will be in the DLC.

Also it gives BI a list to look at to make sure they don´t forget Bipods once again :681:

3D Scopes

Bipods

Wind affecting bullet trajectories

Higher fidelity on zeroing

hand held ballistic calculator and a horus reticle

windage adjustment

Marksman = Long Range = Long range textures.

No insta switch between main and backup sights.

More Ghillie suit variations (improve camo on long range)

Expanded attachment system

Weapon resting (rest on objects or your teammate for example)

Weapon handling limitations (can'to insta 360 with a lmg, big weapons are clunky etc.)

Really indepth sway/sight misalignment that is effected by breathing/fatigue/stress/focus/movement/weapon/all teh tings/etc.

A bigger variety in optics

bullet trail

gradual magnification scope

Implement MagazineCoef for all weapons

What else do we see as fundamental to a Marksman DLC in terms of features?

Edited by RushHour

Well.We have to speculate at this point because Roadmap clearly says that "they don't want to be specific yet"

A focused overhaul of shooting mechanics together with new weapons, the central goal of this development is to make firing a weapon simple to do but challenging to master. Due after the Helicopters DLC, we don't want to be too specific just yet; however, to achieve our goal, a set of interrelated features are planned, which aim to further improve the authenticity of firing weapons and offer new gameplay opportunities.

In terms of content, new weapons that take most advantage of these planned features will be included; chiefly, this will involve ranged and high calibre weapons. We're selecting armaments that offer genuine diversity; not just many of the same type of weapon with minor visual differences, but a true range that offers distinctive gameplay alongside some inherent advantages/disadvantages. Again, our objective is to improve the A3 platform more broadly; new features and mechanics are designed with existing assets in mind, enhancing the sandbox as a whole.

Very lately devbranch received engine instalement of weapon sway.As indicated by Pettka that's part of future improvements

later down the road.So which may hint that weapon will get realistic sway or inertia.

-Parameter for inertia in weaponType

Source

I would cool You down a bit, but WIP means it's not even configured at the moment, there is just an engine support for some parameter to be loaded. As You may see in the roadmap, we would like to address this for Bootcamp update, more details are inbounce soon :icon_twisted:

On the zeroing part - I don't think flipping values up and down is good enough, I think that is very archaic, the only thing that would make

sense to me is actual animating flipping knobs on optics in order to adjust elevation and left and right regarding red dots and scopes.

That would open avenue of zeroing your weapon while firing, which would add interesting aspect, contrary to simple page up page down.

Edited by enex

Agree with these things already mentioned:

3D Scopes

Bipods

Wind affecting bullet trajectories

hand held ballistic calculator and a horus reticle

Also like to add windage adjustment to that list.

Where did they confirm 3D scopes?

3D-scope ticket, i´m not sure but i think they assigned it to someone called Iceman (if anyone has the link please provide it here)

Where did they confirm bipods?

No idea, what made you think that?

Well.We have to speculate at this point

Yea you can speculate if you want, i´m not speculating though as i have no idea what the marksman DLC will provide.

I´m just listing what i want to see, not what we might see as that is open for speculation.

Edited by RushHour

No idea, what made you think that?

My bad. The colour is not visible on my mobile app...

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Something needs to be done with grenades. Although not marksman feature, it is a rather required fix for infantry as a whole.

3D scopes haven't been confirmed to my knowledge... just because they assign a ticket to something doesn't mean a shit.

- Simulation of heartbeat and breathing dynamics and awareness... along with increased target consciousness and focus of senses.

- When you're taking the shot, colors should become more vivid.. everything but the target should blur or blackout some.. all sound should dampen except your heartbeat..

- After taking the shot you should have increased fatigue thresholds as well, because of the adrenalin comedown.

- If you don't choose the right roost you get a crotch full of bugs and the squirm decreases accuracy... nah that's taking it too far...

They need to add features to allow me to make 360 noscopes while hanging out of a helicopter.

But something like using your ruck as a base for your weapon would be cool as well. Have an animation to place it on the ground and rest your weapon atop it.

3D scopes haven't been confirmed to my knowledge... just because they assign a ticket to something doesn't mean a shit.

Of course it does,

as·sign (ə-sīn′)

tr.v. as·signed, as·sign·ing, as·signs

1. To set apart for a particular purpose; designate: assigned a day for the inspection.

2. To select for a duty or office; appoint: firefighters assigned to the city's industrial park.

3. To give out as a task; allot: assigned homework to the class.

4. To ascribe; attribute: sorted the rocks by assigning them to different categories. See Synonyms at attribute.

5. Law To transfer (property, rights, or interests) from one to another.

6. To place (a person or a military unit) under a specific command.

And what better way to introduce 3D scopes then a Marksman DLC? Makes perfect sense.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

- Simulation of heartbeat and breathing dynamics and awareness... along with increased target consciousness and focus of senses.

- When you're taking the shot, colors should become more vivid.. everything but the target should blur or blackout some.. all sound should dampen except your heartbeat..

- After taking the shot you should have increased fatigue thresholds as well, because of the adrenalin comedown.

I have no idea what "increased target consciousness" means.

Also, if you can narrow this down to a shorter way of saying the same thing that would be great, my english is ok but not that good.

"- When you're taking the shot, colors should become more vivid.. everything but the target should blur or blackout some.. all sound should dampen except your heartbeat..

- After taking the shot you should have increased fatigue thresholds as well, because of the adrenalin comedown."

Perhaps something that improves camouflage and long range visibility, so that ghillie suits give an actual advantage. :)

Marksman = Long Range = Long range textures;

No insta switch between main and backup sights.

Edited by Smurf

Perhaps something that improves camouflage and long range visibility, so that ghillie suits give an actual advantage. :)

This would be great. Maybe some sort of color match check for camo vs ground.

Premature to notch off the 3d scoped as CONFIRMED. That bumped my heart rate up a notch when I opened this thread but then saw it was only assigned on the Tracker....Not the same thing

If they dont have autoaim in 2035 I would be surprised. Just as missiles lock on to targets.

Only now bullets do so AUTOAIM!

j/k

More rifles, more scopes. SOS isn't that useful, I havent used it ever past my 1st time.

That leaves Nightstalker and DMS, I go with NS every time. I would prefer a scope where the center isn't cluttered and blocking the view of the target. Mostly I hope they improve sounds. They should sound powerful and create lots of reverb in the battle area (for others to hear).

Rahim has especially weak sound. But so is its bullets. 3 shots with a sniperrifle? That would lead to extinction of the whole worlds snipers.

I'd like to see a more expanded attachment system, for example, swapping a weapon's stock, gas system, barrel, underbarrel attachments(grenade launcher,bipod,foregrip,T-pod), utilize both sides of a gun for attachments(a combo of laser and tactical light)

A bigger variety in optics besides the ARCO,RCO,reddot and holosight we have, a black holosight too, perhaps some cool and advanced scopes that suit the 2035 setting(something similar to the FELIN scope maybe?)

Some tools for snipers to engage their targets more accurately, especially if better ballistics are introduced, e.g a Barret BORS optic, kestrel wind detector, a ballistic computer for sniper rifles such as the cheytac, maybe even an auto aim sniper rifle such as the TrackingPoint Precision Guided Firearm

more weapon types we desperately need namely shotguns, the scrapped XM-25, some more missile/rocket launchers and assault rifles

Id like to see not just a working bipod but weapon resting all together. You dont need a bipod to rest a weapon on a window ledge or a stump in the ground. Id like to be able to rest my player agains a tree, corner of a wall or door way.

There is a mod that dose these things quite well but lacks animation so you lose imersion slightly

Of course it does,

as·sign (ə-sīn′)

1. To set apart for a particular purpose; designate: assigned a day for the inspection.

2. To select for a duty or office; appoint: firefighters assigned to the city's industrial park.

4. To ascribe; attribute: sorted the rocks by assigning them to different categories. See Synonyms at attribute.

And what better way to introduce 3D scopes then a Marksman DLC? Makes perfect sense.

Its not confirmed. They can assign stuff to people but that doesn't mean its gonna happen. It means they want it to happen. But absolutely no promises have been made. Can you please take this off the "confirmed list".

As for features, I won't be to specific, but

• Bipods
  • Weapon handling limitations (can'to insta 360 with a lmg, big weapons are clunky etc.)
  • Really indepth sway/sight misalignment that is effected by breathing/fatigue/stress/focus/movement/weapon/all teh tings/etc.

Of course everything else people have been saying I hope for too, but above are the things that are most important to me.

Marksman = Long Range = Long range textures;

This. Without proper mid/long range textures and grass generation at long range reticle, sniping and marksmanship will always be second rate in Arma.

Of course it does,

as·sign (ə-sīn′)

As one of the many people who moderate the FT, no it does not mean confirmed. You're assuming it does.

It does make sense that it's the best time to introduce it if ever.

It is assigned, but that does not mean confirmed.

You can assign someone to research something, check for viability, experiment with it.

But it does not mean confirmed. If you're expecting anything because of the assigned tag on Mantis, you're going to be disappointed.

Exhibit 1 - Assigned for more than a year

Exhibit 2 - Assigned for more than 6 moths

Exhibit 3 - Assigned for ~3 months

And all the other 1085 assigned issues that sit on the Feedback Tracker from Alpha release.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

How about some MMGs? That's kind of lacking any existence right now. Maybe a GD LWMMG for NATO. It's new (2012), it's a prototype, only 10 lb, and fires .338 Norma Magnums. Badass!

LWMMG.jpeg

The AAF could get maybe an MG 4 or an M240B. The MG 4 is a nice weapon, and it's not too new, just like most of the AAF's equipment.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/MG4.jpg (1195 kB)

CSAT could get a PKP Pecheneg, because CSAT's badass as hell.

battlefield-3-pecheneg.jpg

Edited by Gutsnav

Its not confirmed. They can assign stuff to people but that doesn't mean its gonna happen. It means they want it to happen. But absolutely no promises have been made. Can you please take this off the "confirmed list".
Pretty much this... unfortunately this thread is really just a wishlist thread masquerading as anything else but one, because there's literally no details on which to describe "what features are fundamental to the Marksman DLC", pretty much the only thing even soft-confirmed is "new guns."

OP you are listing

windage adjustment

which are similar things.

You help yourself with windage knob adjustment and elevation knob

adjustment to zero your sight.