SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Well this should be a surprise for fuller and everyone. I've been quietly modeling a F35b during my free time. There are a lot of items missing like the exhaust, cockpit, and the landing gears. It approximately has 60k polys, so I will need to a proxy for the fuselage in order to make it appear in game.

That looks amazing! Keep up the good work.

Hi, downloaded your mod, so I could use the ac-130 gunship :P

Nicely done! I know it's still an alpha, but just to let you know I found some issues, I wasn't able to change the gunner's weapon, and another problem, which might not be an issue, but a choice, I thought the range of motion of the gunner was very limited, with the plane flying in speedmode limited with a loiter waypoint, it's the feeling of limited rom is very present... I also got some erreor message about particule type or something like that.

But nice addon though!

Well this should be a surprise for fuller and everyone. I've been quietly modeling a F35b during my free time. There are a lot of items missing like the exhaust, cockpit, and the landing gears. It approximately has 60k polys, so I will need to a proxy for the fuselage in order to make it appear in game.
Why not the 'usual' technique of proxy'ing the cockpit interior (View - Pilot LOD) instead while having a low-poly cockpit-portion viewable from the outside?

P.S. One reason I left out the Exhausts class from my port of BI's "F-35B" was because I noticed that the exhaust 'haze' did not seem to move with the nozzle when it changed position -- not a problem on an -A or a -C of course, but really feels like the Arma 3 exhaust 'mechanic' was never designed with STOVL or VTOL in mind -- so I hope that you've thought of a solution...?

Edited by Chortles

I was wondering if you can spawn it with the ramp down, and if so how? thx in advance

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. I am coming to the community for some assistance. We are in need of a proficient texture artist. Shockley is on a hiatus at the moment. Also if you are good at MFDs we would like your assistance also. Please PM me if you interested in jumping on board to finish this Alpha and move us forward into beta. Please be prepared to show some form of work so we have proof of your skills. Thanks

Textures and Service menus is all we have left. Then we can release to you guys. Its so close just need that little push.

I also received word that the security forces units are acting up in a strange way. If you are using them and they are acting up please post your issue.

So here's some updates of the F22 in real life. About a week ago, a F22 Raptor finally went into combat in Syria. The F22's mission was to bomb a ISIS territory in Syria. The Pentagon and the US Dept. of Defense finally put the Raptor into combat because Lockheed Martin finally fixed the critical bugs like the failure of the oxygen system.

Source: http://www.funker530.com/f-22-raptor-busts-its-cherry-over-syria/

Video: http://www.funker530.com/new-airstrike-footage-on-isis-in-syria/

I´ve read a throughly article about some myths and facts on the Raptor and I was puzzled by the fact that it DOESN´T HAVE HMD cus it would be necessary to magnetically map the cockpit and this would be too expensive =P ... and its datalink only "talks" encriptedly between other Raptors, not the rest of the air task force - thou this issue is being fixed on block 35 and above!

Probably this lack of HMD helped the german EF2000 to score dogfight kills on virtual exercises with the Raptor, but on BVR it´s unbeatable... an awesome fighter, but as everything on earth, has its virtues and flaws too ;)

Anxious to fly it, nonetheless! 8D

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

I saw it at Nellis for AvNation in 2012. Its an ugly fucker but man it can turn...

AC-130U

-stability issue; tilts back when engines start and cannot take off since it explodes eventually

I too have just run into this issue did you ever find a fix? I have a lot of mods and I recently installed AiA full and I sure hope its not the one conflicting. With or without the standalone c130 mod the problem persists. Would appreciate a reply

Edit: It appears that All in Arma conflicts with this mod causing the tilt back into ground bug that results in exploding. My troubleshooting has reached it's end I don't know what part of AiA is conflicting but when disabled USAF works wonders. I love this mod the Lancer is my favorite though regrettably I will have to disable it until more information can be found about this bug.

Edited by ReZiNsky

if its posted sorry not reading 117 pages of stuff

i downloaded the Version: v0.3.01 alpha on playwithsix and there is errors.

is there a gonna be a fix for the errors of opfor nvg goggles, binoculars and stone throw grenade?

this is an issue with some other mods also

if its posted sorry not reading 117 pages of stuff

i downloaded the Version: v0.3.01 alpha on playwithsix and there is errors.

is there a gonna be a fix for the errors of opfor nvg goggles, binoculars and stone throw grenade?

this is an issue with some other mods also

Are you using the dev-branch?

I was just wondering if you are going to make the circling radius of the AC130 bigger? I think that it would help with the utilization of that aircraft. For me it seems rather small and I don't get a lot of time to focus on providing support utilizing it. Anyways thanks for the consideration please let me know if that is a possibility.

I was just wondering if you are going to make the circling radius of the AC130 bigger? I think that it would help with the utilization of that aircraft. For me it seems rather small and I don't get a lot of time to focus on providing support utilizing it. Anyways thanks for the consideration please let me know if that is a possibility.

Kimi has already done this you will see it with the hotfix

What is that Radio mod your using in the screenshots. You have the antenna which is more realistic. Can that be found anywhere, and is it functional?

Sorry that isn't necessarily on top ic with your USAF mod which looks great, that just peaked my curiosity.