SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

We might do that in our US Navy Mod, but that won't be started until like next year.

US Navy Mod? Hell yes, can't wait for that. and 2015 isn't all that far away given how quick this year has gone. Anyway, wasn't suggesting that you guys make one just for the purposes of just flying around etc, was just a question i figured i'd throw out there to anybody who knows about map making. I remember a pretty decent large ocean map with a small amount of terrain in ARMA2, I think it was called "Waves", and was part of the frigates addon.

USAF mod is fantastic by the way. Cheers for all the hard work.

The closest you'll get is the "Utes" map part of A3MP, and there is the Daouyu (Sp?) islands at Armaholic or probably on Play With Six, all pretty decently done.

If you wanna fly a lot try the DBO_Afghanistan map. It may not be complete but its 81x81km.

Or use South Asia map from TOH. Just download or build your own airfield and your away. Ps splendid mod!

Here's a little WIP for the people that like things that go "Kaboom":

Here's a little WIP for the people that like things that go "Kaboom":

hi how come that auto pilot circles so far did you chang this your self ?

nice video

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

Time to dust off them thar JFO skillz...

hi how come that auto pilot circles so far did you chang this your self ?

nice video

If all goes well, this stuff will be in the next update.

fullerpj I don't know if it's something that I did wrong with the last update. But is it possible that most of the aircraft are listed twice in the editor? ( with different authors )

Hot fix on some issues will be coming soon

are you gone put the AFSOC in the fix too? or are there still standalone ?

fullerpj I don't know if it's something that I did wrong with the last update. But is it possible that most of the aircraft are listed twice in the editor? ( with different authors )

Which aircrafts are duplicated?

Which aircrafts are duplicated?

B1B Lancer, C5 Galaxy, C135 Stratotanker and the MC130J Commando II are listed twice.

B1B Lancer, C5 Galaxy, C135 Stratotanker and the MC130J Commando II are listed twice.

You may be running an older version of the mod with the latest version. What mods are you running? You may have a custom @ folder with the old version in it.

You may be running an older version of the mod with the latest version. What mods are you running? You may have a custom @ folder with the old version in it.

I'll remove the folder an download it again to make sure that all the files are correct. I'm only using Sudden's EvW, and the geraldbolso US helos.

Any recommendations for the ac130 spooky for scripts that I can use to make them work as cas when called by infantry units on the ground?

Love the aircraft in this mod

Any recommendations for the ac130 spooky for scripts that I can use to make them work as cas when called by infantry units on the ground?

Love the aircraft in this mod

same here like to now to

Here's AC-130 for Dummies:

PIlots:

Train your pilots to orbit in a circle, and from what it looks like, they got it down already so that seems like a no-brainer.

Infantry FOs or JTACs:

Adjust fire by cardinal direction in meters. This can be aided by using IR lasers on the weapons (make sure pilots can see them first, a big issue regarding mods, if anything use the default A3 laser, I do). It should be noted that for point targets lase out to 300m and for areas 400m due to ArmaLogic.

Go train.

Here's AC-130 for Dummies:

PIlots:

Train your pilots to orbit in a circle, and from what it looks like, they got it down already so that seems like a no-brainer.

Infantry FOs or JTACs:

Adjust fire by cardinal direction in meters. This can be aided by using IR lasers on the weapons (make sure pilots can see them first, a big issue regarding mods, if anything use the default A3 laser, I do). It should be noted that for point targets lase out to 300m and for areas 400m due to ArmaLogic.

Go train.

Don't forget this fun excercise!!

LxRZnlJ.jpg

The only time I did AC-130 was simulated in NTC back in January 2008 so I never had to deconflict for other aircraft. Matter of fact if I was in that situation I'd let a JTAC handle that, as I was only JFO qualified.