genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

I don't seem to get any effect from ai suppression. If I fire off a load of SAW 5.56 rounds within 1 Metre of the Opfor unit - in this instance an RHS russian jobbie - there seems to be no effect. No Animation change, no effect on movment, and no reduction in his ability to 1 shot me.....

How did you test and what were the results ?

Cheers

I don't seem to get any effect from ai suppression. If I fire off a load of SAW 5.56 rounds within 1 Metre of the Opfor unit - in this instance an RHS russian jobbie - there seems to be no effect. No Animation change, no effect on movment, and no reduction in his ability to 1 shot me.....

Have you tried with an american unit? :)

How did you test and what were the results ?

Cheers

I believe AI supression is simulated when you see them randomly falling to their side and all.

No that only occurs on a hit - as far as I can tell ?

Hey all, just to post RPT errors along the way. Genesis hope to see you back soon. Thanks.

_parents = [_class,true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;>
6:27:14   Error position: <_class,true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;>
6:27:14   Error Undefined variable in expression: _class
6:27:14 Error in expression <call VCOM_fnc_classVehicle;

FiredBulletCount = 0;

VCOM_AIDEBUG = VCOM_AIDEBUG_DEFINE; 
MarkerName = 0; 
M>
6:33:32   Error position: <VCOM_AIDEBUG_DEFINE; 
MarkerName = 0; 
M>
6:33:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: vcom_aidebug_define
6:33:32 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\AAAtestsidemissionJShock.Takistan\VCOMAI\init.sqf, line 34

Hey all,

I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know what is going on:

I will not be working on any of my projects for at least a month or two. I am finishing up my first year of graduate school...which is demanding 90% of my time.

I apologize for this inconvenience :(

Of course anyone is free to get the source code and modify/change as you wish.

See you all soon,

Genesis

Hey Graduate school is way more important. Been there and done that. Keep at it. One day you'll make the big bucks!

Anyone up for the challenge?

Edited by JAndrews1

Hi Genesis

Heh, no need to apologise.

Best wishes for your studies, and waiting patiently for your return :)

This AI Overhaul is amazing as it is! Glad that you still care about updating it though and even let us know that you'll eventually get around to it but education comes first. Awesome work and keep it up at grad school!

Can the SA driving improvement mod be run along with this? The SA is superior to the one included here I believe.

Can the SA driving improvement mod be run along with this? The SA is superior to the one included here I believe.

SA driving improvement?? where do i find that??

No not a all :-)

Just thought that it was a total new ai driving mod :-)

I use the VCOM ai driving mod only, cause the complete package breaks alot of ai mods :-)

Sixt

Well the iteration included in the complete package breaks landing of helicopters. The SA version was fixed. That's why I was asking if the SA version can be run along with the full package.

I don't see it being any different. in his post he states

"Hey guys, I made some driving improvements in my VCOM AI mod - however I thought (and others) that it would be nice to just have the AI driving enhancements without any other strings attached."

His SA is just the driving code.

I don't see it being any different. in his post he states

"Hey guys, I made some driving improvements in my VCOM AI mod - however I thought (and others) that it would be nice to just have the AI driving enhancements without any other strings attached."

His SA is just the driving code.

Well the iteration included in the complete package breaks landing of helicopters. The SA version was fixed.

Just FYI, per Genesis

This currently only works on driving - no flying mechanics at all. I want to work on AI dogfighting abilities (jets) and AI helicopter abilities...but I'm not entirely sure if I can make anything super satisfactory without direct control of AI behavior.

In the next version of VCOM-AI I am going to try disabling Bohemia's basic FSM system and try creating my own...this allows me more control and may allow me to control AI better in all situations - but I'm unsure of the results right now.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187450-VCOM-AI-Driving-Mod/page8

Is it possible that it's affecting AI pilots? I mean real pilots like helicopter pilots. I gave the order to disembark from a Huron, and the AI pilots took off and went crazy all over the place. Reboot without this mod, and couldn't reproduce the problem. I'll do more testing tonight, but if it's affecting air vehicle "drivers", it really shoudn't.
Pretty sure it is... my transport chopper would NOT land and eventually circle strafed the position it was trying to land at... endlessly

if (driver) condition maybe ... haven't had time to look

Ahhh yeah. This should be an easy fix. Thanks seba.

Could it be that this also affects drones just like it affects helicopters?
If there's no check to exclude specific (non-ground-bound) vehicles, then yes. Because in ARMA-verse even the tiniest drones have "human" pilots :D
Pretty sure it may have been documented a few posts by now but while this mod appears to boost driving for vehicles, it totally borks aircraft that drive off before liftoff, like jets. I tested it earlier with having the AI try to get off of the runway, and every few meters the pilot would just stop. Turning off the mod instantly fixed it, so I think it's very likely pointed there.
UPDATE

Hey guys - here is a small update for this mod, enjoy.

Patch Log:

[color="#FF0000"]Fixed Aircraft from executing the barrier checks[/color]
Made the barrier check calculation more precise - they should crash even less now.
Removed undefined variable errors (fingers crossed)
Optimized barrier check: 0.00698853 seconds to run down to 0.0019989 seconds. (Thanks Wolfenswan)

See now?

I don't have any empirical evidence just yet but it would appear that Patch 1.40 has messed with danger.fsm and VCOM is back to vanilla bastard lolsniper AI. Assuming Genesis is still busy with grad school, can anyone else confirm/deny there is a problem? Basically, am I talking bollocks are do we need to look for a fix?

no your correct. its been broken for some time along with some other 3rd party scripts related to update. dang BIS.

Hey all - I am going to post this on the front page as well,

I have been receiving a lot of messages about VCOM AI currently being in a status of disrepair. Due to time and the changes to the AI (good changes) VCOM AI has become more unstable and impractical to use properly.

For now, I would not recommend using VCOM AI at all.

I still plan on re-creating VCOM AI

VCOM AI is a big project and takes a lot of hours to test, code, and optimize - and that is time that I do not have lately. VCOM AI will always be one of my love projects and I will keep updating it because if it even helps 1 person, it is all worth it for me. If what I create makes 1 person's gaming experience a fraction better, then I am ecstatic. So, I want to make sure that VCOM AI is the best quality I can do, and trying to re-create it with only 50% effort will become more of a headache for everyone than it is worth. So I will be coming back to this project once I can give it, and more importantly, those who use it the attention needed.

I appreciate the amount of support I have received from everyone. I can not begin to explain how amazing it is for me to have a thread that has lasted to 60 pages. That is amazing. I would have never thought anything I could create would become even slightly popular. I have everyone to thank that has downloaded, posted, and helped in so many ways.

Everyone who reaches out to just talk or help on this forum is someone who I have a lot of respect for. It is so easy to just see avatars and words on a page and to not think of those words as coming from a person. Everyone on here is someone with life experiences, challenges, dreams, and victories. Personally, I think that is so powerful that everyone can be brought together by a few simple lines of code.

Thank you all for being so awesome!

Thank you for reading my blurb here. I apologize for getting all weird.

I will updating VCOM AI so it is relevant again :) In my free time I am currently working with a small team to create a PvP mission to rival KOTH hopefully ;)

You have my vote for el presidente! :notworthy:

VCOMAI and PvP to rival KOTH.....:slayer: MIND BLOWN>>>>...:smiley-biggrin:...<<<<<<

Thanks genisis,

Skill issues aside im still using vcom and finding it to be holding up pretty well,not so much the WPs but everything else

Thank you for reading my blurb here. I apologize for getting all weird.

I will updating VCOM AI so it is relevant again :)

Hi mate

Nothing weird, so nothing to apologise for :)

I look forward to a VCOM_AI update when you get time, but keep putting your education above everything else.

Best wishes

Orc

I don't have any empirical evidence just yet but it would appear that Patch 1.40 has messed with danger.fsm and VCOM is back to vanilla bastard lolsniper AI. Assuming Genesis is still busy with grad school, can anyone else confirm/deny there is a problem? Basically, am I talking bollocks are do we need to look for a fix?

Does VCOM still have this issue?